PDA

View Full Version : The Food Thread

Kura
August 14th, 2011, 12:24 PM
So apparently you guys are having a problem with inactivity.. and I thought.. where'd all the fun discussion go?
So after my.. what.. 4+ months being away, I figured I might as well introduce a popular thread that I made at another forum to help out some old friends here.

So go at it! Talk about your favourite foods, post pictures of what you bought or made recently! Tell us about foods that you think are horrible, or foods that you'd always love to try! Feel free to post pictures and videos~ But don't forget the rules!

I love food so let's have fun and talk about food! YumYumYum!!
http://www.21stcenturyfood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/food-local-food.jpg

The other day I tried pickled duck feet.. and I actually really enjoyed it. I'm now in the mood for some penne alla vodka <3

And here's one of my absolute favourite drinks. It looks gross, but trust me.. it tastes delicious! Like apple-pineapple-kiwi! Plus it's healthy! I swear it doesn't taste like swamp!!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-V-FX-7K5whI/TYqJZiUjuZI/AAAAAAAADmQ/QFrCZH7_4ew/s1600/Bolthouse.jpg

Anyways, I'm out now! Seeya.. maybe! Haha~ ;3

Yoshikko
August 14th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I would love love love to eat lobster. I love seafood in general. I really enjoy to eat and I can eat pretty much, so a lobster shouldn't be a problem.

Also, I like vegetables a lot (carrots, not so much though), and fruit is like candy to me. I'm seriously happy that I love fruit so much, I think it tastes better than candy but it's healthy, how amazing is that. And cheese mmmm I love cheese lol.

Esper
August 15th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I'm a big fan of curry in all its various incarnations. Indian, Thai, Chinese, and Japanese styles are all great. The Indian varieties are pretty spicy and usually have some great vegetables mixed in like chickpeas. Thai curry has real great flavors of spices and I like the soupy quality of it. Chinese types are really filling and Japanese ones are simple and satisfying.

My favorite kind, I think, is soup curry. It's got the best mix of vegetables: carrot, potato, okra, peppers, broccoli, pumpkin and lotus root.

http://www.best-of-sapporo-japan.com/images/curry-soup-01.jpg

It's a lot lighter than other types of curries, too, which is nice if I'm not in the mood for that food-coma I get from eating too much. This is delicious stuff. I'd eat is every day if I could.

Pyrax
August 15th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Lamb dishes are one of my favourites.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3972/3535medium.jpg
Braised lamb shanks with crushed herb potatoes. (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3535/braised-lamb-shanks-with-crushed-herb-potatoes)
Ingredients
* 4 large lamb shanks
* plain flour
* butter
* olive oil
* 2 red onions , thinly sliced
* 2 garlic cloves , crushed
* 100ml balsamic vinegar
* 500ml red wine , full bodied
* 2 tbsp tomato purée
* a sprig of rosemary
* 1kg new potatoes , peeled and cut into small chunks
* 2 large sprigs of thyme , leaves only
* 4 large sprigs mint , leaves only, chopped

Has anyone here ever tried crocodile? It tastes similar to chicken, but stronger.

Kelp
August 15th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I've been eating all fruits and veggies as of late, so I've been looking for more fruits to try. And recently I came across pomegranate. It's m-azing. <333

http://blog.mainefoodandlifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/poms.jpg

Captain Hobo.
August 15th, 2011, 04:54 PM
I love ramen noodles. They are sooooo good. I have it like every night :P

Team Fail
August 15th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I love ramen noodles. They are sooooo good. I have it like every night :P

Noodles in general are amazing. I took foods 10 last year, and I wanted to continue in Foods 20, but I had to take 2 sciences, and with French and Robotics 20, I had to take foods off my list. Oh well. I can learn from my mother.

TRIFORCE89
August 15th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Food is magical. It is history, culture, family, tradition, class, climate, and celebration all mixed together in an edible form.

You meet with friends or family and you sit and break bread, as it were. Food's very important besides satisfying nutritional needs or hunger.

When you eat, you should have that same moment that the critic in Ratatouille has at the end of the film. It should transport you somewhere.

Will talk about favourite foods later...

Noodles in general are amazing. I took foods 10 last year, and I wanted to continue in Foods 20, but I had to take 2 sciences, and with French and Robotics 20, I had to take foods off my list. Oh well. I can learn from my mother.
If the Italians and the Chinese, two great food cultures, both do it, you know it's a good idea.

So, noodles or pasta is win

groteske
August 16th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Bought a chicken the other day so I've been experimenting with a lot of things, most new to me being cutting down, brining, and drying a whole bird.

Had bone-in thighs & torso marinating in balsamic vinegar, cayenne, ground Thai pepper, tandoori powder, and some Greek herb mix I found, so roasted them for dinner tonight with green beans.
Breakfast was the drumsticks slow-cooked all night in beer, cayenne, rosemary, and a splash of homemade ginger root tea because I was drunk. Turned out utterly smashing, to my surprise.. added the meat & pot liquor, broccoli, onion, red pepper, egg, and spices to chicken ramen.

Esper
September 6th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Lately I've had a hankerin' for donuts, specifically the good kind that look like these:

http://www.buffalochow.com/mt/images/donuts_japanese_style_surprise_p2.jpg

But sadly the only place around where I am has ones that look like these:

http://culturepie.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/donut.jpg

I'm normally not so picky about the looks of my sugary sweet pastries, but I can't help but feel I'm eating more oil and grease with these cheaper ones and that turns my stomach a little.

Kirozane
September 6th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Has anyone here ever tried crocodile? It tastes similar to chicken, but stronger.

Something that tastes more like chicken than chicken? Interesting. ._. Where/how did you come to try croc?

I've been eating all fruits and veggies as of late, so I've been looking for more fruits to try. And recently I came across pomegranate. It's m-azing. <333

http://blog.mainefoodandlifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/poms.jpg

Pomegranates are amazing <3<3<3<3 It's horrible how careful you have to be while eating them though. They crazy stain. /childhood experience

Now, as for me... My family does a lot of cooking. and since my grandma is just awesome like that/just needs to. Most of the foods we make and about as home-made as possible. (I even learned how to make Tortillas from scratch! They smell and taste amazing.♥) Not to mention my mom has this habit of uploading pictures of said food to the internet to kind of show off, ya know? Which would help here, since pictures of food are always cool.

For instance: Here are some Teriyaki Shish kabobs that we made over the weekend.... Freaking delicious. It was all marinated in home made teriyaki sauce too. I hope to learn to make that. 8D
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/307183_185622058175352_100001826767544_429487_6718214_n.jpg

Alli
September 6th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I love food. It's better to ask what foods I don't like rather than what I do like. My favorite foods are uhhhh...gee, this is difficult! Nachos, fettuccine Alfredo (or any other pasta, as long as Alfredo sauce is present), steak, strawberries, and sushi. Not all together, of course.

I don't cook a lot, but when I do, I'd say I'm pretty good. I come from a family that loves to cook and rarely ever do the same recipe twice haha.

Random, but I modded on another forum a few years ago in the Food and Cooking section. YEAH. I kept it really active though, because I could talk about food all day. XD; -eating as I post this-

Alley Cat
September 6th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I had some good ol' carnival food. Week old corndogs sloshing around in a soda stew with cotton candy and nachos, plus a spin on the Gravitron 2000, you get out, ready to eat all your food a second time! :DDD

aruchan
September 6th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Galician octopus - Ingredients: 4 quarts water, 1 octopus, 1 pound potatoes boiled with their skins on, hot paprika, sea salt, olive oil.

Instructions: you will need to put the water and 5 tablespoons of salt into a large pot and bring it to boil. In the mean time, cut the eyes and the mouth of the octopus.

Once the water is boiling, dip the octopus into the water. Lift out quickly and put it back once water returns to boil. Repeat same process 3 times as this helps the octopus tenderize. Finally, let the octopus boil for 2 hours.

Turn off the heat and let the octopus in the pot for 10 minutes. Finally cut the octopus into half inch thick rings and the body into small chunks. Divide the octopus into even pieces along the plate.

Slice the potatoes in half inch thick slices and place them on the plate. Finally, add olive oil, hot paprika and 1 tablespoon of salt.

Enjoy!

You will like if: you are not afraid of chewy textures

Had it first in Spain and loved it. <3

Shining Raichu
September 7th, 2011, 09:33 PM
My two favourite things in the world are Chinese food (mainly satay chicken) and lemon meringue pie. I love them more than I love my family, and if either one of these dishes and my family were both trapped in a burning building, I would grab the dishes and then get as far away from the building as I possibly could so that the tastiness would not be disrupted by the smell of burning flesh.

DarkAlucard
September 8th, 2011, 12:36 AM
This as a first plate:

Spaghetti a la Bolognesa
http://ntic.uson.mx/wikicocinason/images/9/93/Spaghetti.jpg

This as a second:

Pork with Pineapple, Pomegranate and Mango
http://www.cheeef.com/contenido/objetos/cf/98/f6/cf98f6ce9a56db5f8f10461fa253fd467e224d69/5826_1255448093543915.jpg

And the drink:

Sparkling Rose Wine
http://www.freepik.es/foto-gratis/vino-rosado-copa-de-vino-bebe-alcohol-liquido_3118237.jpg

Gold warehouse
September 8th, 2011, 07:35 AM
So guys
Lactose intolerance

Does anyone have it? What alternatives to milk would you recommend? I only know of the obvious one (soy milk) and I don't want to just google it and get something that MIGHT BE GROSS

Esper
September 8th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I know some people drink almond milk, but just out of preference. It's pretty similar to soy milk, but I'm sure the brand you get will be the biggest factor in if you like it. I only know one person irl who's lactose intolerant and she just avoids milk-like beverages altogether in favor of teas and juices.

-Jared-
September 8th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I love all sorts of food. Except most vegetables. >__>

I would have to say my favorite meal as of late has been the ribs that my mom has made. She took pork ribs, salted them, and set them in her crock pot on high, with a barbeque sauce that I can't quite remember. Lots of barbecue sauce, by the way. XD And it sat in it all day, and it got so delicious that I was speechless. I love those ribs. Now I am hungry, darn it. >__<

-ty-
September 8th, 2011, 06:16 PM
So guys
Lactose intolerance

Does anyone have it? What alternatives to milk would you recommend? I only know of the obvious one (soy milk) and I don't want to just google it and get something that MIGHT BE GROSS

I know this one! Soy products, I do not recommend, and neither would I recommend pasteurized milk. But since you are lactose intolerant you can avoid milk and it's unhealthy properties. Although it's somewhat expensive, Almond milk is very good! Also, coconut milk is another good alternative.

Hopefully I didn't start a food fight, lol. But I am not a big fan of processed foods, or meats/animal by products that have been chemically altered. But I cannot contest that those foods taste amazing!

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 9th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Candies and Ice-creams and all sorts of junk foods are my favorite <3333

lahishendeeir
September 9th, 2011, 01:12 PM
this is ALWAYS good. grilled tomatoes.
i eat it nowadays.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2348/3726620912_2989f1751c.jpg

pink-tiger
September 9th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Chicken curry with white rice and mountain dew.

TRIFORCE89
September 9th, 2011, 08:13 PM
But sadly the only place around where I am has ones that look like these:

http://culturepie.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/donut.jpg

I'm normally not so picky about the looks of my sugary sweet pastries, but I can't help but feel I'm eating more oil and grease with these cheaper ones and that turns my stomach a little.
That doesn't look like a doughnut so much as a bad eclair.

22sa
September 11th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I like burgers, subway, chinese and buffets mostly. I love milkshakes but I get sick if I drink too much of it ><

Margarita is good too

Chicken curry with white rice and mountain dew.Yum!

Esper
September 12th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I make curry for dinner last night. Just the simple packaged stuff with added carrots, onions, and potatoes. But I did find some kabocha (the green-on-the-outside, gold-on-the-inside pumpkin-squash thing) at the grocery store, which is wonderful.

http://www.champuru.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/2009-03-27c.jpg

It's a great flavor and perfect for curry.

That doesn't look like a doughnut so much as a bad eclair.
I guess they do, but they've always seen those kind of bar-shaped ones at donut places so I've always thought of them as donuts.

Khall
September 14th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Can I just say that hot wings are like my drug and I crave them everyday? I don't know what's wrong with me. Also, the hotter and spicier, the better.

I will love you for-freaking-ever if you buy me some wings with a side of tabasco sauce.

-Jared-
September 23rd, 2011, 08:52 PM
Okay, I just realized thanks to Anna that I should totally post this here. This is a perfect dish for football games and the like.

Take one block of cream cheese.
Slather it is cocktail sauce.
Cover that is one small can of tiny shrimp.
Consume with Wheat Thins crackers.

It is freaking delicious, and I love it every time I get it. ^__^ I hope anyone who tries this loves it!

-ty-
September 23rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Okay, I just realized thanks to Anna that I should totally post this here. This is a perfect dish for football games and the like.

Take one block of cream cheese.
Slather it is cocktail sauce.
Cover that is one small can of tiny shrimp.
Consume with Wheat Thins crackers.

It is freaking delicious, and I love it every time I get it. ^__^ I hope anyone who tries this loves it!

It sounds great; however, I do not eat dairy, meat, or gluten anymore, haha.
I used to be addicted to that salmon flavor cream cheese though with wheat thins.

The best dish for super bowls is artichoke dip, hummus, con queso, or any other dip, like the one you mentioned. I wanna be fat again :(

Well, I actually still eat ALOT of hummus, as long as it is made with olive oil, peppers, garlic, turmeric, and lemon juice by moi, and I use vegetables instead of chips.

Julius Caesar
September 24th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Here's a secret to the best thing ever. I call it, Bacon Stoli Sandwiches.

First off, you get your bottle of Stoli Vodka (pick your preference for gold, red, citros, etc...), get your pan, put the pan on the stove, pour enough Stoli to cover a thin layer on the pan. Get a pack of Bacon, put your Bacon strips in te pan so they cook evenly. Cook the bacon to desired crispiness. MEanwhile, put some bread in the toaster, toast bread to desired toastiness. Spread butter on the bread. Take the cooked bacon, put it on the first piece of bread. Put other desired toppings on sandwich. Pour any remaining Stoli from the pan on to the Sandwich. Pour more Stoli on the sandwich. Pour yourself a glass of Stoli or a Cocktail with Stoli Vodka in it. Eat, drink, enjoy.

Kura
September 27th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Here's a secret to the best thing ever. I call it, Bacon Stoli Sandwiches.

First off, you get your bottle of Stoli Vodka (pick your preference for gold, red, citros, etc...), get your pan, put the pan on the stove, pour enough Stoli to cover a thin layer on the pan. Get a pack of Bacon, put your Bacon strips in te pan so they cook evenly. Cook the bacon to desired crispiness. MEanwhile, put some bread in the toaster, toast bread to desired toastiness. Spread butter on the bread. Take the cooked bacon, put it on the first piece of bread. Put other desired toppings on sandwich. Pour any remaining Stoli from the pan on to the Sandwich. Pour more Stoli on the sandwich. Pour yourself a glass of Stoli or a Cocktail with Stoli Vodka in it. Eat, drink, enjoy.

Sounds delicious! You should take a picture for us sometime *_*!!

I've noticed lately that like.. later at night I am in the mood for a warm cup of coffee and a biscuit..
problem?
:C The decaf kind isn't tasty like some of the roast we use for espresso in our coffee machine.. thus.. keeping me up late ._.

Who else here is a coffee nut? @_@ I used to hate the taste.. and my last year of college had me get accustomed to it .___. Hahaha! :3

TRIFORCE89
September 27th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Nah, I'm not a coffee person in any form. I can't even get passed the smell of it.

I like to warm up with a cup of hot cocoa at night with some ground cinnamon in it :B

Team Fail
September 27th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Nah, I'm not a coffee person in any form. I can't even get passed the smell of it.

I like to warm up with a cup of hot cocoa at night with some ground cinnamon in it :B

Ditto. Tried it and hated it.

Although I have this odd craving for a cold glass of milk after any hot shower.

What's funny is that I have a sensitivity to it. Mind you, I can drink it, but only in moderation.

Kura
September 27th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Do you mean sensitive to milk or coffee? ._. Maybe a little lactose intolerant? I'm weird in a way that.. I can have a bowl of cereal and be fine.. but if I have even a bit of creamy icecream it upsets my stomach.. ._. so I usually get soy flavours or really light flavours like green tea or frozen yogurts when I have icecreams and cold treats.

Impo
September 27th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I love ice cream, especially from places like Gelatissimo or Copenhagens. They have awesome flavours ^-^
I also love Wendy's Green Apple Sorbet. Yumm

TRIFORCE89
October 8th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Today I had a pumpkin pizza. :o

Beneath the cheese layer (which was goat), were little packets of caramelized onions. Mixed in with the goat cheese was squash and some herbs. Then some pumpkin seeds sprinkled on top.

Had it alongside a hot apple cider. Good times.

Stormbringer
October 8th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Today I had a pumpkin pizza. :o

Beneath the cheese layer (which was goat), were little packets of caramelized onions. Mixed in with the goat cheese was squash and sub herbs. Then some pumpkin seeds sprinkled on top.

Had it alongside a hot apple cider. Good times.

That actually sounds really good. I may have to give that a try some time. XD

Julius Caesar
October 8th, 2011, 10:33 PM
I love ice cream, especially from places like Gelatissimo or Copenhagens. They have awesome flavours ^-^
I also love Wendy's Green Apple Sorbet. Yumm

Mmm... Copenhagen.. i'm not talking about the Ice cream.. LOL

Another amazing Vodka recipe by Elite Killer:

1. Cook a hot dog.

2. Put the hot dog into a Hot dog bun

3. put some Bacon on the hotdog

4. Melt some cheese onto the hot dog

5. Soak the Hot dog in Stoli Vodka ( Gold,Cherry,Citros,etc.... pick your poison)

6. Pour yourself a glass of Stoli Vodka or a cocktail with Stoli Vodka in it.

7. Eat, Drink and enjoy.... mmm....

LadySurreal
October 8th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely adore those Vietnamese beef noodle soup.

And Pad Thai.
Vegan Black Metal Chef teaches Pokecommunity how to make Vegan Pad Thai! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeZlih4DDNg)

Kura
October 12th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Pad Thai is great @_@ and omg.. because it is Halloween I've had a MAJOR huge craving for one of these:

http://tidymom.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/RWB-apples-450.png?9d7bd4

CANDY APPLES YUUUMMM!!!

dinosaurodon
October 12th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Pad Thai is great @_@ and omg.. because it is Halloween I've had a MAJOR huge craving for one of these:

http://tidymom.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/RWB-apples-450.png?9d7bd4

CANDY APPLES YUUUMMM!!!

That looks amazing!

Anyways, If I had to choose a favorite food it would be Chicken Curry with Rice and some Dr.Pepper.

Esper
October 26th, 2011, 10:52 AM
So I'm in need of a little help. I'm looking to make a large-ish dinner for about 7-8 people and I'm trying to come up with some "seasonal" foods for autumn. My trouble is that I have a lot of different preferences/tastes I have to accommodate including vegetarian, lactose intolerant, meat lovers, and some general pickiness. I've got pumpkin pie and/or pumpkin curry to cover that food, but that's all I've got so far.

I don't want to have to make too much food, but I'd still like to have something for everyone. So, anyone got any suggestions?

TRIFORCE89
October 26th, 2011, 11:51 AM
So I'm in need of a little help. I'm looking to make a large-ish dinner for about 7-8 people and I'm trying to come up with some "seasonal" foods for autumn. My trouble is that I have a lot of different preferences/tastes I have to accommodate including vegetarian, lactose intolerant, meat lovers, and some general pickiness. I've got pumpkin pie and/or pumpkin curry to cover that food, but that's all I've got so far.

I don't want to have to make too much food, but I'd still like to have something for everyone. So, anyone got any suggestions?
Squash soup maybe?

For the meat lovers... I see game as more of fall type of thing. So, something like rabbit or duck.

Esper
October 27th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Squash soup maybe?

For the meet lovers... I see game as more of fall type of thing. So, something like rabbit or duck.
I like the soup idea. I might use that instead of my pumpkin curry idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't think I could handle rabbit or duck unless I could buy it already prepared at a supermarket though.

TRIFORCE89
October 27th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I like the soup idea. I might use that instead of my pumpkin curry idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't think I could handle rabbit or duck unless I could buy it already prepared at a supermarket though.
Yeah. Soup works for the meat folks too. You can sprinkle some pancetta or bacon over top when serving. Sour cream too.

Blue
October 28th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Who doesn't love food? especially deserts, cookies, doughnuts, waffles, pancakes etc!

My favourites are Lasagna, Chicken Tikka, Chicken Curry, Spaghetti Bolonaise, Crispy Duck, theres loads!

Mmm!
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsxggby6oa1r0a9x3.jpg

Truality
October 30th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Ever tried meat/salad rolls engulfed in Arabian pie? You're going to hover above ground for a little.

http://www.companyscoming.com/images/freestuff/recipes/Salad%20Rolls.jpg

And the cold weather outside is just the thing for warm onion soup. With whipped cream and a touch of cider.

Ink Heart
October 30th, 2011, 05:47 PM
All this food talk is making me hungry. xD

Anyways, yesterday I went to the mall and bought myself one of my favorites-- Polvoron. :3

It's some kinda powder with different flavors like Cookies and Cream, Almost, Classic, but my favorite is the first flavor mentioned, and Pinipig. Yesh.. A Polvoron with rice crispies. <3

I swear, when you visit the Philippines, you just HAVE to try the Polvoron. It's delicious. >u<

http://d1535dk28ea235.cloudfront.net/preset_15/images_15_8.jpg

Blue
October 30th, 2011, 06:04 PM
They both look delicious! I've never heard of Polvoron but it really looks like my type of food! I'm heading down to one of my local stores to pick up some Candy Apples for tradtion and because well... I've got a craving for them! I'm also getting party food for a party on Saturday ^^

Alternative
October 30th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Because I know everyone in the world likes tacos, or have at least eaten them once in their life. Answer these questions for me if you please. :3 Make sure you explain your reasons as well.

What do you like about tacos?

What sort of things do you like to have when you eat a taco?

Do you prefer soft or hard tacos?

1. I think the thing I like about tavos the most is that they're so versatile. You can have lots in your taco or just a little bit depending on your taste. You can even ask for chocolate tacos if you want, if thats what you're into. :)

2. When I'm eating a taco, I usually prefer to eat the standard meat and cheese in one, with lettuce sometimes if it's presented to me. Something about the chill of lettuce and the cheesiness of cheese makes it all better.

3. All depends on me. I do prefer soft tacos, but I usually eat them wrong, as in like a burrito instead of a taco, but I like hard ones because they're more traditional. But yeah, taking both those points into consideration, I prefer the soft tacos.

Kura
October 30th, 2011, 09:23 PM
No. I only like..
CRUNCHWRAP SUPREME

In all seriousness I've taken a liking to chicken tacos.. and I like wraps a bit more. Save for the meat, I have to have cheese and lettuce in it. Everything else is optional.

I usually go for soft, but I dont mind either <3

Edit: Okay.. if this is going to be moved to other chat then shouldn't it also be merged with my food thread?

Also..

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltfm9tr9Q11qzupauo1_500.jpg

LOOOOOLL!

Snivy063
November 2nd, 2011, 09:00 PM
I honestly don't know what this is called in foreign countries, but in our place, it's called Adobo. Weird name, huh? :3

Here's a photo of it!
http://www.pinoyrecipe.net/wp-content/gallery/pinoy-favorite-foods/adobo1_l.jpg

With rice! ^.^

Impo
November 2nd, 2011, 10:11 PM
I have a hankering for steamed vegetables with oyster sauce....

HAH. Kidding, I want deep fried grease.

Seki
November 3rd, 2011, 04:50 AM
I like to eat cockles. From where I come from, they are called hum. Best eaten with sambal chilli (a type of chilli paste that is sweet) with lime. Other than that, I eat a lot of rice (3 bowls on average). But surprisingly, I am not fat (174cm, 50kg).

Snivy063
November 3rd, 2011, 09:22 AM
I feel like eating another plate of Nacho's with cheeeeeessseee! :'3 .. I'm so hungry at the moment that I clicked this thread. XD

Esper
November 3rd, 2011, 09:45 AM
I never understood the appeal of cheese. Everyone I know loves it and thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. And at the same time some of them are dead against eating tofu even though they're like made by a similar process and have similar textures, and with tofu you can flavor it with anything you want.

I really should try making a gratin with tofu instead of cheese and then feed it to people and see if they notice a difference.

Kura
November 3rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
I never understood the appeal of cheese. Everyone I know loves it and thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. And at the same time some of them are dead against eating tofu even though they're like made by a similar process and have similar textures, and with tofu you can flavor it with anything you want.

I really should try making a gratin with tofu instead of cheese and then feed it to people and see if they notice a difference.

I don't think that's true at all, actually. I find tofu has a more.. moist texture than cheese. Unless we're talking about bocconcini.. which is a type of moist cheese. Or Ricotta. Both cheeses that I dislike.

Dry cheeses tend to add a salty flavour to foods, meanwhile tofu just takes on whatever flavour you cook it with. I don't find it adds much to the dish unless it's cooked separately or you just need that protein.. at least to me. I don't find the texture to be that appealing.

However, I love Korean BBQ style tofu. Oh gosh, it's so delicious. It's the marinades that really make it. And I love tofu in miso soup.

Oooh and Adobo sounds good. Speaking of Korean that reminds me I want to try Bibimbap.
http://media.maangchi.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/dolsot1-590x442.jpg

Nom~

Seki
November 4th, 2011, 03:01 AM

Nom~

Looks delicious! Can I have a pinch of it?

Gold warehouse
November 4th, 2011, 05:01 AM
How many cheeses have you tried though? There's an crazy large amount of different cheeses. Some taste terrible, some are delicious.

Idk why there's such opposition to tofu. Even when unflavoured it's far from being bad, just bland. That said, it's good for protein when you're a veggie, but otherwise there are usually better alternatives.

Oryx
November 4th, 2011, 05:29 AM
I've always wanted to try tofu...but I don't think any of my friends would ever want to, haha. So many things that I want to try, omg. I just want to eat all the food.

PlatinumDude
November 4th, 2011, 05:36 AM
I don't think that's true at all, actually. I find tofu has a more.. moist texture than cheese. Unless we're talking about bocconcini.. which is a type of moist cheese. Or Ricotta. Both cheeses that I dislike.

Dry cheeses tend to add a salty flavour to foods, meanwhile tofu just takes on whatever flavour you cook it with. I don't find it adds much to the dish unless it's cooked separately or you just need that protein.. at least to me. I don't find the texture to be that appealing.

However, I love Korean BBQ style tofu. Oh gosh, it's so delicious. It's the marinades that really make it. And I love tofu in miso soup.

Oooh and Adobo sounds good. Speaking of Korean that reminds me I want to try Bibimbap.

Nom~
I love bibimbap! I had it during my trip to Korea last year and it was delicious. I even had it even when I left Korea.
I've always wanted to try tofu...but I don't think any of my friends would ever want to, haha. So many things that I want to try, omg. I just want to eat all the food.
If there are any Japanese restaurants nearby, you should try out agedashi tofu. It's so good with the sauce and the crispiness.

Oryx
November 4th, 2011, 05:42 AM
If there are any Japanese restaurants nearby, you should try out agedashi tofu. It's so good with the sauce and the crispiness.

I know it's not like high-class food but my favorite japanese food is still...

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/223/4/8/Ramen_by_ketu_uchiha64.jpg

PlatinumDude
November 4th, 2011, 06:01 AM

Ramen? Whenever my family goes out to a Japanese restaurant, sometimes my dad orders that. There's also a Japanese restaurant not too far from my house that serves a ramen with broth that's been cooked over 2 days. I think they did that to enhance the flavor.

As for me, my all time favorite Japanese food is:
http://content5.videojug.com/e4/e45b231c-6f6d-223d-b3c9-ff0008ca4b7d/how-to-make-chicken-teriyaki-2.WidePlayer.jpg
chicken teriyaki

Esper
November 4th, 2011, 08:17 AM
I have a t-shirt with a little cartoon agedashi tofu on it. So cute. It's a good dish to offer someone because it's not as tofu-y as plain tofu. So is aburaage since it's deep fried.

Oh, and there's inarizushi, which is rice (and possibly other things) stuffed into a fried tofu skin.

http://mochasetsuyak.img.jugem.jp/20110113_1273858.jpg

And yes, I have tried several different varieties of cheeses from cheap American plastic to fancy European vein-y. All were unappealing to me so I don't have much hope that there's one out there I'll like.

Ash
November 4th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I don't think I've ever had actual Japanese food, other than Kotobuki and some Japanese Chicken at a buffet, but even them I'm not too sure. I've had ramen, but it's been those cheap ramen packets that you get at the store. However, a Japanese Buffet just opened in the area, so I might go there sometime and give it a shot. It's amusing, because it's right across the street from 'Ocean Buffet', which is Chinese/Hibachi/Something else I forget.

Snivy063
November 4th, 2011, 09:02 AM
To be honest, I haven't tried even one Japanese food or dish, but I'd like to try out Sushi. <3

Seki
November 5th, 2011, 01:17 AM

Chinese tofu is always tasteless! Not sure about Japanese Tofu though, but I am pretty sure its tasteless as well.

Oryx
November 5th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Chinese tofu is always tasteless! Not sure about Japanese Tofu though, but I am pretty sure its tasteless as well.

Can't you just...flavor it?

Esper
November 5th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Can't you just...flavor it?

Sure you can. One common dish (in American Chinese restaurants at least) is mapo dofu, which is just some spicy sauce on top of tofu (and whatever veggies/meats the restaurant serves mixed it). It's one of the things I like to get a lot of Chinese places.

Oryx
November 5th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Scarf take me out for tofu cause no one here will :(

Kikyochanx
November 5th, 2011, 09:40 PM
http://www.kentuckyfriedchicken.com/menu/images/sides_mpg.jpg
Mashed potatoes & gravy

Best.food.ever <3 I love this food the most, and my favorite breakfast food/

http://www.vicsocotra.com/2010_stories/7-5-10-gladys5.jpg
Biscuits & Gravy

TRIFORCE89
November 5th, 2011, 09:46 PM

Ah, glistening bubbles of fat. Delicious sheen. Seriously, that's the best thing about Asian soups.

I think your problem would be that you're eating flavourless cheese. You can flavour tofu to anything you want (and you should, because otherwise it just tastes like nothing... and sometimes yuck XD). But cheese has a flavour.

The varieties of cheese are endless. Cow, goat, sheep, or buffalo? Italian, French, Canadian, Greek, English, or Dutch? Mild or strong? Dry or moist? Soft or hard? Creamy? And then there's the age of the cheese.

A cheese can be served with some kind of jam or maybe honey if you want. But, otherwise the flavour is the cheese itself and its essence. Some of the softer cheese (like a typical spreadable goat cheese) may be flavoured by being rolled in French herbs or some kind of jam. But given goat's natural flavour, those methods are more of a counter or enhancer.

oocyst
November 6th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Have any of you guys ever tasted Norwegian kinds of cheese? They make really weird cheeses.

http://www.h-a.no/Portals/0/artikkelbilder/2009/09/200991152354423_3.jpg
This is Gammelost, or Old Cheese. I tasted it once, it's very, very bitter and I don't like it.

http://www.seromaniacy.pl/uploaded/wiki/a48c/a48cbc248611fced7bdf925c3c65a4a0.jpg
Then there's Brunost, which means Brown Cheese. You eat it with jam on bread, I don't really know any other uses for it. It tastes like a very creamy thick coffee creamer..

TRIFORCE89
November 6th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Wow that looks like a slab of fudge XD

Ratty524
November 7th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Sausages, Hot Dogs, weiners of all kinds! (except the one between your legs)
http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39
http://www.omahasteaks.com/gifs/big/bg020.jpg
http://www.mccormick.com/~/media/Images/Recipes/Recipe%20Details/Soups/Italian-Style-Soup-with-Turkey-Sausage.ashx?w=380
I have yet to try Sausage in soup, but it looks damn delicious!

Snivy063
November 7th, 2011, 12:05 AM
I have never tasted those foods, except for hotdogs in a bun. XD

Mr Cat Dog
November 12th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I was going to make this in OVP, but since all food-related threads seem to get merged with this one, I might as well remove the middle-man of Andy/Sammi moving it here:

What's the most exotic food you've ever tried? How adventurous, in general, are you if something unusual comes up on a menu (like, say, kangaroo or something)?

Team Fail
November 12th, 2011, 03:07 PM
What's the most exotic food you've ever tried? How adventurous, in general, are you if something unusual comes up on a menu (like, say, kangaroo or something)?

One of my friends brought Kangaroo jerky to school. It was interesting, but it wasn't my cup of tea. I don't generally eat too many exotic foods due to price.

2Cool4Mewtwo
November 12th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Oh God....

When I went on a visit to China some time in 3rd grade, my sister gave me some weird-looking "meat" that honestly didn't taste that bad. Catch here is, she didn't TELL me what it was. Want to find out what it was?

Scorpion.

I wanted to throw up all over the place after I found that out. I did control myself though.

PROTIP: When you eat something that you don't know and you're not told what it is, DON'T EAT IT.

Snivy063
November 13th, 2011, 01:36 AM
There was this time that I didn't know what I was eating, but it was really delicious. My mom told me it's the intestines of the pigs, wasn't really that shocked but I think that was the most exotic food that I have ever tried. :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
November 13th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Anytime I buy a fish filet sandwich at Wendy's instead of a burger or chicken nuggets, to be honest. I am definitely one for sticking to eating what I know and like, and I almost never step out of that comfort zone. I don't recall ever eating anything strange or exotic since my childhood days when I was forced by my parents to "clean everything on my plate."

Ink Heart
November 13th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Omygosh I missed a lot of food trivia!

>> Hmm.. Nothing really special. Ate weird foods like Chicken Nuggets (where they tell you they don't really remove the organs of the chickens,.. yeah that really scared me). xD If you do mean weird cuisine,. I just have to say raw fish... Yes, by that I mean sushi. I haven't tried many exotic food since... yeah... expensive.. I do plan on eating exotic foods tho... when a friend says it's delicious. xD Except sushi.

Mr Cat Dog
November 13th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Scorpion sounds all sorts of yummy! I guess I'm a sucker for weird and wonderful food. Black squid ink risotto, ostrich burger, frog's legs (well, that's not TOO exotic, but still)... and I'd love to try other weird and wonderful stuff. Crocodile is supposed to be quite the delicacy, as is kangaroo. Hopefully I'll get to do so at some point in my life but, as many people have said, these foods certainly don't come cheap.

Esper
November 14th, 2011, 10:18 AM
By "exotic" foods you mean something that goes against one's inclinations of what is or isn't "food" - basically, animals that most people don't normally eat/consider food, right? Like whale, kangaroo, and so on. In that sense I haven't been very adventurous since I'm a veggie.

But have you ever tried natto ramen? It's ramen... with natto.

http://sakuralady.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/natto.jpg?w=400&h=324

(This is natto, in case ya want a nice visual.)

Even in Japan a lot of people don't like it. I think it's super tasty.

One other thing that comes to mind are the weird flavored sodas that exist. Like shiso pepsi.

http://www.mutantfrog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/pepsi-shiso.jpg

Which is awful. Shiso is such a nasty flavor.

And I remember trying some of the Thanksgiving flavored sodas that Jones did a few years ago.

http://plasticandplush.com/images/various/targetbottlesmed.jpg

The brussel sprouts one was particularly disgusting as I remember.

groteske
November 14th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Have any of you guys ever tasted Norwegian kinds of cheese?

I've only had gjetost. Nutty, caramel-ish flavor, good with grapes and crackers. Not really my preferred taste but still good.

Magica
November 14th, 2011, 12:10 PM
By "exotic" foods you mean something that goes against one's inclinations of what is or isn't "food" - basically, animals that most people don't normally eat/consider food, right? Like whale, kangaroo, and so on. In that sense I haven't been very adventurous since I'm a veggie.

But have you ever tried natto ramen? It's ramen... with natto.

http://sakuralady.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/natto.jpg?w=400&h=324

(This is natto, in case ya want a nice visual.)

Even in Japan a lot of people don't like it. I think it's super tasty.

One other thing that comes to mind are the weird flavored sodas that exist. Like shiso pepsi.

http://www.mutantfrog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/pepsi-shiso.jpg

Which is awful. Shiso is such a nasty flavor.

And I remember trying some of the Thanksgiving flavored sodas that Jones did a few years ago.

http://plasticandplush.com/images/various/targetbottlesmed.jpg

The brussel sprouts one was particularly disgusting as I remember.

I...don't even know what half those things are...(I fail at English, off to Google...)
But I could never eat exotic animals like a kangaroo. Reindeer is eaten here, but I am not a fan of it.

Those drinks?! Ugh, brussel sprouts are bad enough in solid form. And at first I thought the bottle on the right was lizard flavor. Fail.

oocyst
November 14th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I haven't really tasted that many strange foods. The cheeses I mentioned were pretty weird. My parents sometimes cook Blood sausage, which is essentially blood pudding. It's weird to think it's made of blood, and I don't really like the taste. I've also eaten Escargots when I was in france, that was really weird but very delicious.

TRIFORCE89
November 14th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I haven't really tasted that many strange foods. The cheeses I mentioned were pretty weird. My parents sometimes cook Blood sausage, which is essentially blood pudding. It's weird to think it's made of blood, and I don't really like the taste. I've also eaten Escargots when I was in france, that was really weird but very delicious.
I love snails.

On the note of blood sausage... I haven't fully wrapped my head around bone marrow yet. I like the taste. And the thought of what it is doesn't really bug me. But the look and texture of it makes me think I'm eating boogers XDD And I get all grossed out quickly.

miltankRancher
November 17th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Yum, food! :) I particularly like my mom's original version of garlic chicken. it's always like heaven she serve it.

i also liked "turon." i don;'t know of others country have them, but it is basically banana (of a different kind) wrapped in a lumpia wrapper. It is like this.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l44bwsTKXu1qbnou7o1_500.jpg

Pyrax
November 17th, 2011, 12:54 PM
^I've never had Turon, but it kinda reminds me of Spring Rolls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_roll).
They also kinda remind me of Banana Fritters, which are generally coated in batter then deep fried.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/PhotoBananaFritter.jpg

Ink Heart
November 17th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Wow Turon! :3 One of my favorites, but.. yeah. xD Haven't got to eat that for the while now.. ;-; Haven't get to buy many banana-related foods lately..

Banana Fritters? They look weird.. What kinda batter? But, still, it sounds delicious~

Speaking of bananas... Might I add something to the list? xD
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--152HEWR7d0/TbkULObwWrI/AAAAAAAAAkc/aZkeDy1ocZM/s1600/banana+cue.jpg

Banana-que. :> It's another banana food, here the banana is deep fried and rolled in caramelized brown sugar. Omnomnom~

Seki
November 18th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Oh God....

When I went on a visit to China some time in 3rd grade, my sister gave me some weird-looking "meat" that honestly didn't taste that bad. Catch here is, she didn't TELL me what it was. Want to find out what it was?

Scorpion.

I wanted to throw up all over the place after I found that out. I did control myself though.

PROTIP: When you eat something that you don't know and you're not told what it is, DON'T EAT IT.

LOL! Scorpion meat?!??! Which part of China did you went to?
The most exotic food I ate would probably be Crocodile meat that is found in the local hawker centres...
And since you guys are in the banana craze, I would show you something that I ate today.
http://www.malaysia2c.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/goreng_pisang.jpg
Its called Goreng Pisang, otherwise known as Fired Bananas in Malay.

EDIT: 2Cool4Mewtwo, I found a link about scropions meat in China and some other weird foods that are found in Beijing, China. Click here. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1041266/Scorpion-kebab--Its-fast-food-Beijing-style---But-Olympic-visitors-stomach-it.html)

TRIFORCE89
November 18th, 2011, 06:51 AM
LOL! Scorpion meat?!??! Which part of China did you went to?
The most exotic food I ate would probably be Crocodile meat that is found in the local hawker centres...
And since you guys are in the banana craze, I would show you something that I ate today.
http://www.malaysia2c.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/goreng_pisang.jpg
Its called Goreng Pisang, otherwise known as Fired Bananas in Malay.

EDIT: 2Cool4Mewtwo, I found a link about scropions meat in China and some other weird foods that are found in Beijing, China. Click here. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1041266/Scorpion-kebab--Its-fast-food-Beijing-style---But-Olympic-visitors-stomach-it.html)
They're apparently common with Chinese street food vendors.

Azzurra
November 18th, 2011, 07:23 AM
I like spaghetti and beef stew, also caramel ice cream.

Nahemah
November 25th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I am not a picky eater at all. I don't even have a favorite meal. I like all kinds of food, healthy, junk, fruit, veggies etc...

I love love love buffalo wings

http://mdaras.com/lowgi/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Buffalo-Wings.jpg

I'm also a pasta and bread fanatic but that's the Italian in me lol.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
November 27th, 2011, 06:05 AM
I like fried, greasy foods. Fries are my favorite side and can go with just about any of my other favorite foods... burgers, fried fish, fried chicken, or any number of meats.

Despite this, I'm still actually underweight, lol

miltankRancher
November 27th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I was surprised by the number of exotic foods. <really? YOu can eat a kangaroo? O_O>

Well, here's mine.

Traditional Filipino Street Foods!

BALUT: A duck egg that is still unfertilized. In most occasions, you can still the duck
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_g8M7aQOJvJQ/TSvwURnX6FI/AAAAAAAAAO0/FlJyI_ws49I/s400/balut.jpg

ISAW: read as i-saw not I saw as in O_O. It is the intestine of chicken or pig, but usually chicken. This here is a chicken isaw.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/246/e/6/isaw_ng_manok_by_ibetrollin-d2xyqga.jpg

Esper
December 1st, 2011, 11:37 AM
I love how the idea of eating kangaroo seems exotic to you when you eat duck-eggs-with-the-duck-still-visible. (Honestly, I got a little ill looking at those pictures.)

I've been hungry all morning and I just realized what I was craving: a portobello mushroom burger.

http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps25639_WNC62337D194.jpg

Tasty, tasty mushrooms.

lacella
December 1st, 2011, 11:59 AM
oh GOD miltank. i never have and never will eat balut. ever. everrrrr. EVER. my parents used to. it's not so easy to get them in australia though. speaking of which, i've never eaten a kangaroo. not even because it's one of our national animals but because i hear it's not very good and is stringy/tough.

turon and fried banana/banana fritters are friggin amazing though. i knew this thread would make me hungry! ;;

miltankRancher
December 3rd, 2011, 07:55 PM
well, I nearly died my second time eating balut. Not one of my favorite filipino food definitely.

@Scarf. that looks tasty.

Yoshikko
December 6th, 2011, 05:51 AM
I'll give you your 100th post Kura.

Yesterday we had such good food omg, I helped my mom prepare it, it was spring rolls and it's vietnamese I think, and you eat it with sweet and sour sauce.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y246/southpole11/done.jpg

miltankRancher
December 6th, 2011, 06:08 AM
is that shrimp inside? O_O OMG, i must taste that! it looks like one of my favorite dishes, the lumpiang ubod!

http://www.panlasangpinoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/lumpiangsariwa-1024x768.jpg

guess I'm just fond of veggies. :)

Yoshikko
December 7th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Omg that looks soooo good XD It reminds me of the squid I had in a sushi restaurant, you know the dango stuff. So good ffff. And I really like vegetables as well.

.:CoralSoda:.
December 7th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Lately I've been craving some yakitori.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/869/yakitorick682918l.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/yakitorick682918l.jpg/)

It's so good, the chicken tastes fantastic and I don't know why, but I just love eating food off a stick XD. miltankRancher, that lumpiang ubod looks delicous. What type of food is that?

TRIFORCE89
December 7th, 2011, 09:01 PM
So, today I was watching a food show. A dish was showed off just called "escargot and bone marrow".

Well, my mind is blown. That just sounds sinful.

miltankRancher
December 9th, 2011, 12:01 AM
It's so good, the chicken tastes fantastic and I don't know why, but I just love eating food off a stick XD. miltankRancher, that lumpiang ubod looks delicous. What type of food is that?

It is raw veggie wrap in a wrapper. The wrapper is also edible mind you. I think it is made from flour and eggs I guess. Not familiar with the way it was cooked. The sauce is sweet.

TRIFORCE89
December 10th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Today I had spinach ravioli stuffed with a mixture of duck confit, figs, and roasted butternut squash; sautéed with oyster mushrooms; and topped with some shaved parmiagno reggiano. Yum :B

Ink Heart
December 11th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Miltank Rancher - Lumpiang Ubod? So THAT's what it was called... Here, it's fresh lumpia, lols. xD I prefer it fried tho. :)) Yeshh.. fried.

Today I went to Mcdo and ordered Chicken with Spaghetti. Not really the best Spag in the world out there, but hey. At least the dessert is nice. xP McFlurry, or what the people call it out there.. Cookies and Cream. But it's oreo. And is more milky than usual vanilla flavor. YUM.

http://postcardsfromstella.com/wp-content/themes/TheTravelTheme/includes/timthumb.php?src=http://postcardsfromstella.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/IMG_0558.jpg&h=440&w=960&zc=1

That above, I also like Halo halo. :3 Shaved ice with ube flavored ice cream, as well as gelatin, leche flan (crema.. err.. something. xD), sagu balls (those yellowish balls there. I swear they're delicious), and pandan gelatin.. I think. I don't know all the ingredients, but eh. :)) It's tasty~

The one next to it (right) is the fried lumpia I was talking about. :D

Crimson5M
December 11th, 2011, 06:42 AM
I love spicy food. Curry, Fajitas, Chilli...I even eat pretty much everything with a bottle of hot sauce.

As for exotic foods...not sure I've ever tried any, although I would really love to.

lacella
December 11th, 2011, 12:42 PM
fireworks, you'd love indonesian food then. i had some last night (balinese and shalom sauce) and that was INTENSE. i mean i never thought i was too bad with eating hot food but this stuff was crazy!

miltankRancher
December 11th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Miltank Rancher - Lumpiang Ubod? So THAT's what it was called... Here, it's fresh lumpia, lols. xD I prefer it fried tho. :)) Yeshh.. fried.

Today I went to Mcdo and ordered Chicken with Spaghetti. Not really the best Spag in the world out there, but hey. At least the dessert is nice. xP McFlurry, or what the people call it out there.. Cookies and Cream. But it's oreo. And is more milky than usual vanilla flavor. YUM.

http://postcardsfromstella.com/wp-content/themes/TheTravelTheme/includes/timthumb.php?src=http://postcardsfromstella.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/IMG_0558.jpg&h=440&w=960&zc=1

That above, I also like Halo halo. :3 Shaved ice with ube flavored ice cream, as well as gelatin, leche flan (crema.. err.. something. xD), sagu balls (those yellowish balls there. I swear they're delicious), and pandan gelatin.. I think. I don't know all the ingredients, but eh. :)) It's tasty~

The one next to it (right) is the fried lumpia I was talking about. :D

Halo-halo. O_O i love that too! cold and perfect for summer! *though it is not summer here* that lumpia will get better if it's dipped in vinegar. :bd

Stormbringer
December 19th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I had some Oyster Stew the other day at work. Probably one of the best soups we make, and it's soooooooooo good yum. I love anything seafood.
http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps3235_C0706C191A.jpg

RedSox71
December 19th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Food is literally my favorite thing ever. I'm surprised I'm not morbidly obese and bedridden...I eat way too much. I can't even list my favorite foods because I don't even have one. I just love so many.

If you get the chance and are ever in NYC, go to Lombardi's Pizzeria. It's near Chinatown and is the oldest pizzeria in the country. Also it is the best in the country bar none. I had it for the first time yesterday and I need more.

Also if you live in PA or DE and you've never had Grotto Pizza then there's really no point in living here anymore.

Yoshikko
December 19th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I can completely relate to this person above me lol. I love food so much and I eat almost all the time, even though it's tiny things, and it's all healthy so there's nothing wrong with it lol. I felt so much like corn today ;-;
http://howtocookfantasticfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/how-to-cook-corn-on-the-grill.jpg
http://static6.depositphotos.com/1003044/631/i/450/dep_6310935-Boiled-corn-on-the-cob-with-butter-and-salt.jpg

LOVE IT

RedSox71
December 19th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Corn is probably the greatest vegetable (besides potatoes, of course). Corn on the cob is essentially my summer wrapped up in a husk...that comparison sounded really cool in my head but, whatever.

Potatoes are so heavenly that I'm not even going to start because I'll probably start crying because I don't have any currently. Someone else can continue.

Yoshikko
December 19th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Potatoes! NUUUU the only potato-kind thing I love are croquettes! I'm not really too fond of potatoes actually, as one of the few things. I love everything except like, 3 things. But that doesn't mean I won't eat it though.

shenanigans
December 19th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Being Irish, I'm sure that I'm supposed to love potatoes.

...unfortunately the opposite is true. I find them so boring, tbh. Just some kinda yellow-white mushy thing with a brown skin? I don't see the attraction there, lol. ):

Xeberos
December 19th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Potatoes are good. Their delicious and healthy. I love when I have potatoes and meat on my plate.

BTW guys, do you like lever cassarole. I love it. <3 It's one of my favourite food.

miltankRancher
December 23rd, 2011, 08:07 PM
What's lever casserole? I never hear of it?

anyway, since its christmas, what are you planning to cook or eat?

my family is planning to have pasta. Either alfredo. carbonara, or spaghetti. Yum.

TRIFORCE89
December 24th, 2011, 08:20 AM
My family celebrated the feast of the seven fishes a few days early this year. On the menu...

Grilled octopus (not baby, sliced up tentacle of a full-grown one) risotto with some bone marrow, in a red wine sauce.

Super rich and yummy.

Mr Cat Dog
December 24th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Oh my God that sounds amazeballs! I want it nownownow! I love risotto; I love squid; I like red wine sauces. It sounds like heaven.

My mum and dad are preparing the Christmas dinner for tomorrow. Currently they're making a sherry trifle and chopping up vegetables. (Separately, though... this isn't the episode of Friends where Rachel messes up the English trifle by putting beef in it!)

Daydream
December 24th, 2011, 09:20 AM
(Separately, though... this isn't the episode of Friends where Rachel messes up the English trifle by putting beef in it!)

"It tastes like feet!" I love that episode... And Friends in general.

I'm looking forward to stuffing myself tomorrow. Not only will I probably get sweets and chocolate as presents, but there's Christmas Dinner. I could just eat Turkey and Potato. Then desert. I'm quite easily pleased. Although I'll probably have some roast parsnips and make an attempt at like... Half a sprout. Even though I hate them.

80s.haircut.man
December 24th, 2011, 11:32 AM
So guess what my house just bought??

Italian Ice!

Used to have these all the time as a kid. ^~^

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llrk4heh8p1qknyuso1_500.jpg

Simmi
December 24th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I like lobster! Everything that has lobster in it is automatically good to me.. Lobster Pizza, lobster soup, lobster on a pan, lobster in a salat.. Yes, I have a problem, because I can name many more ways to server a lobster.. xD

miltankRancher
December 24th, 2011, 05:19 PM
When i was a child, i used to think of lobster as a scorpion. those poisonous animals. That's why i have never tried eating lobster. It is in the same family as crabs right? yucks.

Simmi
December 25th, 2011, 06:13 AM
When i was a child, i used to think of lobster as a scorpion. those poisonous animals. That's why i have never tried eating lobster. It is in the same family as crabs right? yucks.

Lol, both of them are in the crustacean family, but crab meet and lobster meet is nothing a like.. xD

Know the roles you can find in like ramen:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/Kanikama.jpg/330px-Kanikama.jpg

That's crab meet..

And this is lobster meet:

http://www.newmeadowslobster.com/prodphotos/Lobster_Meat_3408372.jpg

Tastes nothing a like, if I had to compare lobster to some other sea creature I'd say a Shrimp, but lobster meet is way softer and much better. :)

I'd encourages you to try lobster meet just once, I bet you'll like it, even tho the lobster it self is ugly as hell... xD

miltankRancher
December 25th, 2011, 06:20 AM
but it looks like a scorpion.

we NEARLY tried lobster a while ago, during lunch, but when we saw the price. OMAYFRIGGINARCEUS. 88 Singaporean Dollar/ kilo. it's so costly we immediately dismissed teh idea.

Simmi
December 25th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Scorpions are so thin and yeah, there probably isn't much meet on there.. xD

Well it would have been worth it, there is a reason lobster is so expensive. xD

miltankRancher
December 25th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Nah. I am not much of a gourmet eater. I switched to rib-eye steak that afternoon. Way more cheaper.

TRIFORCE89
December 30th, 2011, 05:40 PM
but it looks like a scorpion.
Well, crustaceans are a type of arthropod - like scorpions and insects. So, part of the same family tree really.

Happy eating, everyone :p

miltankRancher
December 30th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I kind of deduced that laready, seeing as they looked a lot like each other.

Anyway, its new year! what are you eating to celebrate?

I am planning on eating carbonara! Yum! favorite pasta ever.

wumbology
December 31st, 2011, 04:41 AM
I am planning on eating carbonara! Yum! favorite pasta ever.
I'd argue its a tie between cabonara and cheese & ham, although any pasta is good pasta. Planning on eating some later too!

miltankRancher
December 31st, 2011, 05:44 AM
Aglio Olio nealy beat it, but nah. Carbonara it is for me.

not too fond of ALL pasta. I'm not in good terms with good old spaghetti.

wumbology
December 31st, 2011, 07:02 AM
I'm not in good terms with good old spaghetti.
Sorry, we can't be friends. :(

TRIFORCE89
December 31st, 2011, 08:14 AM
Aglio Olio nealy beat it, but nah. Carbonara it is for me.

not too fond of ALL pasta. I'm not in good terms with good old spaghetti.
You're mixing up your sauces and your noodles I think

miltankRancher
December 31st, 2011, 08:42 AM
what do you mean? O_O if I did, sorry. honest mistake, LOL.

Snivy063
December 31st, 2011, 09:21 AM
I'm eating chocolate cake at the moment, someone gave it to us for today's celebration. It's really delicious. ^^;

Xeberos
December 31st, 2011, 09:29 AM
I'm going to eat some pizza and drink some Coke.

miltankRancher
December 31st, 2011, 09:34 AM
I'm eating chocolate cake at the moment, someone gave it to us for today's celebration. It's really delicious. ^^;

Yum! Chocolate! Had Ferrero Rocher for media noche dessert. delicious.

Snivy063
December 31st, 2011, 10:19 AM
We actually have two cakes in the table at the moment, Brazo De Mercedes and the chocolate cake that I just ate. :3

Pyrax
December 31st, 2011, 04:32 PM
Speaking of New Years' Eve, I've had three glasses of Dr.Pepper and two slices of pizza since arriving at this party two hours ago.

Btw, has anyone here ever had yorkshire pudding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire_pudding) before? They're wonderful, especially with gravy and roast beef.

Liam Crawford
December 31st, 2011, 04:41 PM
Btw, has anyone here ever had yorkshire pudding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire_pudding) before? They're wonderful, especially with gravy and roast beef.

I ate it a couple of weeks ago at an after-wedding party dinner thing! I eat it with bechamel sauce or gravy.

miltankRancher
January 1st, 2012, 08:06 AM
I have never tasted one before, but it sure sounds good!

Snivy063
January 1st, 2012, 08:12 AM
Me too, I guess different culture, different food? :P

miltankRancher
January 1st, 2012, 08:14 AM
Yup. I remember the tuime when I showed PC balut. Some are like "what the hell is that?" and I am like "Kangaroo jerky? Really?"

Yoshikko
January 1st, 2012, 08:26 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/dzb5vn.jpg

My friends made this tar cake for me a few days ago for my birthday still! It was good and I love them for it.

Thomas
January 1st, 2012, 06:01 PM
Its old school PacMan...with a tongue...creepy. XD
But it's still cool. The only video game themed cake I've ever eaten was a Wii-mote and Nun-chuck cake right after the Wii was release.

Yoshikko
January 1st, 2012, 06:27 PM
Um yeah well it's not a pacman lol.. It's a Tyranitar (see tar) XD

miltankRancher
January 1st, 2012, 06:38 PM
I get it now. At first I also thought it was a Pacman, but the weird back thingies looks really tyranitar!

Snivy063
January 1st, 2012, 09:12 PM
I actually thought it was Pacman at first, but I noticed the spikes in it's head soo yeah. :3 .. Plus the color can be confusing. ^^;;

miltankRancher
January 1st, 2012, 10:34 PM
I actually thought it was Pacman at first, but I noticed the spikes in it's head soo yeah. :3 .. Plus the color can be confusing. ^^;;

Yeah, it is not greenish and such. LOL. Very different from the tyranitar we know. Anyhow, have you all tasted this gift from the heavens?

http://www.sofreshandsogreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/nutella.jpg

actually eating, (more like drinking) one right now.

Liam Crawford
January 2nd, 2012, 04:18 AM
I worship Nutella. Just this morning, I ate something very similar to this:

http://www.cookingnook.com/images/easy_pancake_recipes.jpg

I never tried strawberries with pancakes + syrup but it's delicious!

miltankRancher
January 2nd, 2012, 04:25 AM
I worship Nutella. Just this morning, I ate something very similar to this:

http://www.cookingnook.com/images/easy_pancake_recipes.jpg

I never tried strawberries with pancakes + syrup but it's delicious!

I love the look if that! It looks so delicious! and look what I am eating for tonight.

http://www.lynne-enroute.com/numlock/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/En-Route-McDonalds-Crispy-Chicken-Sandwich.jpg

i could not find an unwrapped one. Maybe I'll post the pic later when I actually eat it.

Snivy063
January 2nd, 2012, 04:57 AM
Nutella, omg. Yes, I've tasted it before.

And that strawberry cake looks really delicious, I just ate a chocolate cake awhile ago. :P

miltankRancher
January 2nd, 2012, 05:20 AM
I have been overflowing with chocolate for the whole vacation.

cyan.
January 2nd, 2012, 05:24 AM
i love nutella so much
but im allergic to nuts http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-gonk.gif
im eating cantaloupe for breakfast this morning
freaking love cantaloupe.

miltankRancher
January 2nd, 2012, 05:40 AM
what is cantaloupe? Sounds like a deer to me. #antelope.

Snivy063
January 2nd, 2012, 05:50 AM
Didn't really liked the taste of Nutella at first but when I tried it for the second time, was better. :P

miltankRancher
January 2nd, 2012, 05:59 AM
Really??? When I first tasted it, it was like the human ambrosia. and I am sorry right now, cause I have nutella but no bread.

BUT I HAVE MY SPOON. IT MUST SUFFICE.

Snivy063
January 2nd, 2012, 08:36 AM
You must be completely obsessed with Nutella! :o

My favorite filing/sandwich spread is peanut butter it tastes really good with bread! :D

Yoshikko
January 2nd, 2012, 08:40 AM
A lot of people are obsessed with Nutella and honestly I don't really see like, what's so amazing about it lol. I like Duo Penotti way better.

SquirtleGirl
January 2nd, 2012, 09:17 AM
A lot of people are obsessed with Nutella and honestly I don't really see like, what's so amazing about it lol. I like Duo Penotti way better.

I used to not like it. Its horrible on cold stuff [like Nutella sandwiches, ew.] but amazing on hot stuff like crepes :D Yummy! :3

Also, I'm obsessed with Salmon. I love it so much its ridiculous :]

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
January 2nd, 2012, 12:35 PM
I love crepe's they taste so good,plus you can eat them with anything!. I've only had nutella once, it was quite delicious...I should go find some next time I go grocery shopping...

SquirtleGirl
January 2nd, 2012, 12:51 PM
I love crepe's they taste so good,plus you can eat them with anything!. I've only had nutella once, it was quite delicious...I should go find some next time I go grocery shopping...

I had some from one of those little kiosks in Paris... amazing ^^;
I also reccomend it on toast and pancakes (not the same thing as crepes, apparently :P)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
January 2nd, 2012, 01:32 PM
Yeah...calling crepes pancakes = angry french or so I heard...
Now, I'm hungry...

TRIFORCE89
January 2nd, 2012, 03:45 PM
A Nutella Beaver Tail is yum

SquirtleGirl
January 2nd, 2012, 04:29 PM
Yeah...calling crepes pancakes = angry french or so I heard...
Now, I'm hungry...

Yeah, I asked one of the vendors for a "pancake" and they gave me a dirty look and said: "you mean a crepe?" It was very awkward :L

TRIFORCE89
January 2nd, 2012, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I asked one of the vendors for a "pancake" and they gave me a dirty look and said: "you mean a crepe?" It was very awkward :L
That's because they're different things. It'd be like if you mixed up scrambled eggs and an omelette.

A crêpe is delicate and paper-thin (or less), usually with some kind of filling (the crêpe is either rolled up, or folded upon itself). A pancake is thicker and more like a cake (hence the name) in texture. The proper batter recopies between the two are also different.

Side note: Buckwheat crêpes rule! With a fried egg and some ham inside, awe-some :D

SquirtleGirl
January 2nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
That's because they're different things. It'd be like if you mixed up scrambled eggs and an omelette.

A crêpe is delicate and paper-thin (or less), usually with some kind of filling (the crêpe is either rolled up, or folded upon itself). A pancake is thicker and more like a cake (hence the name) in texture. The proper batter recopies between the two are also different.

Side note: Buckwheat crêpes rule! With a fried egg and some ham inside, awe-some :D

Yeah well I know that now but I didn't know that aged 13 or so :P

Snivy063
January 2nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
I've tasted one before, and it was really delicious! Was actually embarrassing because it was my first time tasting one and I asked them what's it called. ^^;;

SquirtleGirl
January 3rd, 2012, 06:49 AM
I've tasted one before, and it was really delicious! Was actually embarrassing because it was my first time tasting one and I asked them what's it called. ^^;;

Oh yay, now I don't feel so dumb now ^^;; At least you were sensible enough to ask! :embarrass

miltankRancher
January 3rd, 2012, 07:23 AM
You must be completely obsessed with Nutella! :o

My favorite filing/sandwich spread is peanut butter it tastes really good with bread! :D

NOT OBSESSED. IN LOVE WITH NUTELLA! I COULD BE THE INHERITOR OF THE NUTELL COMPANY!

and why are you talking about crepes? The topic is nutella!

I have never tasted crepes before. LOL.

NUTELLA FOREVER!

SquirtleGirl
January 3rd, 2012, 07:36 AM
NOT OBSESSED. IN LOVE WITH NUTELLA! I COULD BE THE INHERITOR OF THE NUTELL COMPANY!

and why are you talking about crepes? The topic is nutella!

I have never tasted crepes before. LOL.

NUTELLA FOREVER!

I was talking about nutella on crepes.... which is YUMMY! o:

Mr Cat Dog
January 3rd, 2012, 07:45 AM
A crêpe is delicate and paper-thin (or less), usually with some kind of filling (the crêpe is either rolled up, or folded upon itself). A pancake is thicker and more like a cake (hence the name) in texture. The proper batter recopies between the two are also different.The definition of a pancake differs dramatically upon where you are in the world. In the UK and Ireland (apart from in Scotland), a pancake is very similar to a crêpe in terms of texture and ingredients. Obviously, in North America, a pancake is much thicker. Looking at Wikipedia, it seems like a pancake can be pretty much any size or shape depending on where you are in the world. It's really interesting, actually! :D

TRIFORCE89
January 3rd, 2012, 07:49 AM
The definition of a pancake differs dramatically upon where you are in the world. In the UK and Ireland (apart from in Scotland), a pancake is very similar to a crêpe in terms of texture and ingredients. Obviously, in North America, a pancake is much thicker. Looking at Wikipedia, it seems like a pancake can be pretty much any size or shape depending on where you are in the world. It's really interesting, actually! :D
Really? Interesting. I thought the pancake was a UK creation. You have paper-thin ones but call them pancakes?

Mr Cat Dog
January 3rd, 2012, 07:51 AM
Apart from in Scotland, yeah. I'd never call a pancake a crêpe unless I was in France or something. I've had American-style pancakes on numerous occasions (never in the US, though), and I've always had to refer to them as American pancakes.

Esper
January 3rd, 2012, 08:04 AM
I didn't know there was such confusion on the pancake/crêpe divide.

To me a crêpe is something like this:

http://blog-imgs-16.fc2.com/m/o/m/momoka24/P1110275.jpg

While a pancake is something like this:

http://howmanycaloriesshouldieatadayinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/pancakes1.jpg

Very different in my mind.

Daydream
January 3rd, 2012, 08:17 AM
For me, a crepe is a bit thinner than a pancake. And American-style pancakes are thicker than both. But then, I call American pancakes Scotch pancakes. Unless they're something different all together.

Whatever the style, I like them with chocolate sauce or jam on. Nom. And they can be good with ice cream too.

SquirtleGirl
January 3rd, 2012, 09:20 AM
The definition of a pancake differs dramatically upon where you are in the world. In the UK and Ireland (apart from in Scotland), a pancake is very similar to a crêpe in terms of texture and ingredients. Obviously, in North America, a pancake is much thicker. Looking at Wikipedia, it seems like a pancake can be pretty much any size or shape depending on where you are in the world. It's really interesting, actually! :D

You took the words right out of my mouth, there. :) That's why I thought they were Pancakes, because that's how we make them here [thin, rather than thick.]

In Scotland they make them thick but the term I think is "drop scone" and for some reason, thick pancakes are called this in Ireland, too.

TRIFORCE89
January 9th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Recently I had...

a very thin crust pizza with grilled chicken, grilled eggplant, sundried tomatoes, goat cheese, and pesto sauce

Jolteon*
January 9th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Should be studying...found this thread :). I LOVE FOOD :D :D :D my favorite thing to do is eat, and my favorite restaurant is this local vietnamese place...my second favorite is chipotle. Always order the steak and chicken (double not half and half) with mild medium salsa and everything else...except the baked pork beans :(

Yoshikko
January 13th, 2012, 01:44 AM
http://images34.fotki.com/v1081/photos/8/807215/5343310/DSC_0409-vi.jpg

SNAKEMEAT I want to eat this so bad it's snakemeat and it looks delicious and it's super healthy. I should just skin one my own.

Oryx
January 13th, 2012, 02:02 AM
My diet has been terrible lately. McDonald's breakfast food every morning, then whatever my mom cooks at night, which is usually just something cheap and fast she has in the house. Sooo bad.

Captain Fabio
January 13th, 2012, 02:05 AM
McDonald's for breakfast? D:
How can you do this? I feel sick having it in the evening, never mind first thing in the morning. Bleg.

My eating is doing very well. I am eating nice and healthy. I have been cooking random stuff each night really. Last night, I cook a nice cod with potatos, brockerly, green beans, carrots and a fish sauce. OM NOM!

Oryx
January 13th, 2012, 02:14 AM
My mom works there, but she does it overnight so she can only bring me breakfast food. So my normal breakfast now is 2 hash browns and 2 bacon egg and cheese sandwiches on biscuits. It's hard for me to understand people with sensitive stomachs tbh cause there's so few things I don't like and time of day means nothing to me in what I want to eat XD Once my boyfriend told me he didn't want to eat a sweet thing because it was too early in the morning. I was like "what...?"

Captain Fabio
January 13th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Haha, I think it is sometimes to do with how someone has been brought up.

Personally, I just don't like the McD's breakfast at all. It just tastes like rubber. However, this is the UK one and not yours, so could be better.

TRIFORCE89
January 13th, 2012, 06:23 AM
McDonald's for breakfast? D:
How can you do this? I feel sick having it in the evening, never mind first thing in the morning. Bleg.
I don't mind McDonald's for burgers and fries. I don't make a habit of it (there is better stuff out there, particularly on the fries), but it tastes fine.

Their breakfast on the other hand tastes like cardboard XD I tried it once because I had a coupon and I am never doing that again.