PDA

View Full Version : How was your break?

marz
August 14th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Well most of us are heading back to school in the next few weeks. How has your summer break been? Did you enjoy it or not? Get anything big done?

My summer has been great. The first one I get where I get 4 months off instead of 2 and I originally thought I'd have way too much time on my hands but here we are mid-August. I've been able to take it easy, while having a job that pays fairly well and I was able to take a trip out to California, which was awesome.

Azure Rathalδs
August 14th, 2011, 12:52 PM
My holiday has been fine so far, although I'm only halfway through it. I've gotten a new phone, which is certainly a highlight of the summer holiday so far.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 14th, 2011, 01:36 PM
How has your summer break been?
Bad and short

Did you enjoy it or not?
Nope because all I have been doing was working at a job that I can not stand

Get anything big done?
Worked and made a lot of money

:t354:TG

Ayselipera
August 14th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Any time off from school is a good time. Overall though it wasn't bad. I've mostly just been relaxing, sleeping late, doing little things that I enjoy, etc. The only "big thing" I can think of is that I applied for a job and I should be getting a word on that soon. Which should be interesting if I get it! I only have a little more than two weeks left of summer vacation so I'll probably just continue to do the same as I've been doing.

Kevin
August 14th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I've had... better vacations. This summer was decent enough though, but not my favorite.

Patchisou Yutohru
August 14th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Under unique circumstances which aren't at all good, I can safely say that I'm anxious to be heading back to school in the spring.

Kyoko
August 14th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Ehhhh nothing magical has happened, and I honestly wanted this summer to go by fast so I can move outta here! I did have some fun though: I went to an amusement park for the first time in years, hung out with a lot of fun people, got a puppy, etc :)

It would have been more fun if I didn't have that pesky summer class.

mameshiba
August 14th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Meh its been boring except that im going to a theme this weekend.

Pyrax
August 14th, 2011, 04:13 PM
This reminds me, I have at least 2/3 weeks of Summer left D:
This summer has been very boring, and the only two highlights are childrens' parties that I'm apparently invited to.
On the plus side, I bought some new college equipment for September.

Captain Hobo.
August 14th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Well, I feel like my break you to short. I did enjoy it though.

The big thing I got done this summer was the deck and the chimney work done.

Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog
August 14th, 2011, 08:24 PM
It was really, really boring. I didn't do anything of interest at all. I think I'm just too ambitious too really enjoy summer. Like, I prefer it to being at school because at least I don't get picked on constantly at home... But I wish I still had some work to do.

I think next summer I should just get a job. It'd get me out of town too, which is nice because I really dislike my town. I want to get out of here as soon as possible, so having to spend three months without getting out much is kinda horrible.

Venusaur♣
August 16th, 2011, 06:36 PM
It was pretty boring. Went to two weddings, had to dance in both, had three surgeries, and stayed at home studying, on the computer and watching TV. I need a social life. Badly.

2Cool4Mewtwo
August 16th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Sadly I didn't take advantage of break to study, etc. Procrastination got the better of me :( (Man, going to have hard time during my senior year)

PlatinumDude
August 17th, 2011, 01:26 AM
My summer break's over for a few weeks now, but I enjoyed it. In the US, I went to computer camp for 2 weeks, then had a job (inventory checker) for 3 weeks.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
August 17th, 2011, 04:36 AM
It was kiiinda short but fun ^_^ I went to 3 summer camps and they were way better than I expected :D

Saryka
August 19th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I hate the summer job I've been doing so I'm looking forward to September so I don't have to be doing it anymore, haha. Other than that, it's been pretty good. I've been spending a lot of time relaxing and hanging out with my friends and family. Four months is much too long a vacation for me though; I'm very much looking forward to going back to school and getting into a routine again.

Dakota
August 19th, 2011, 03:00 PM
First half of my break was filled with soccer fun, and it was great, but the second half wasn't all that great with me moving away. =/

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 20th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Boring, boring, boring. It was mostly me going on, trying to find jobs, and getting rejected. I would've liked if we could have done even one fun thing this summer, but our family's content with staying at home :/

Mew~
August 20th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Well, I'm going back in like I think around three weeks. It was pretty fun. I did enjoy the big break of school. I went out with my friends a few times, we went to watch a load of movies. But other than that nothing special happened.

TRIFORCE89
August 20th, 2011, 12:24 PM
My summer was okay. Kinda mixed.

I've been working, so... that takes care of week days, up until the evenings anyway.

From June to early July was busy. A cousins' birthdays, my birthday, my university graduation, my brother's high school graduation, Canada Day, my mother's birthday. Lots of time spent out of the house with family.

Also with family, went to a couple of food festivals (one a rib fest, one a gourmet food truck event).

Went up to the beach for a day. And then later went up North to the beach and surrounding area for a long weekend. Went hiking, go-karting, much fun.

Soon, I'm going to be taking a trip to Washington before school starts.

So, in that regard, summer's been good. I like getting out of the house. I like my family. All is well.

*thinks* I also have my own car now. That's good. I made my own rom hack, that was a neat experiment. Did some reading too, albeit in audiobook form.

However, I really would have liked to have done things with my friends. Nothing ever panned out and I've spent many evenings and weekends sitting out home bored out of my mind.

Also, didn't play nearly as many games as I was planning to this summer.

I don't want to go back to school yet.

Chikara
August 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM
NOPE. I worked the entire time. The entire time.

Talli
August 20th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Summer was ruinned for my three year old kid, Everytime she wanted to do something. It was cancelled due to her ADHD cousin getting his own way.

As for me it was full of rubbish days

Mr Cat Dog
August 21st, 2011, 01:07 AM
In three words: short but fun.

In more than three words: It was short because my training course started at the beginning of August, so I only had two months off after the end of my uni exams (I know, stop complaining... it's just that three years of almost four-month-long holidays after the end of a year at university made me quite complacent).

It was fun because I graduated (although the ceremony was just wasted pomp and circumstance: the meal after was the fun part), got a new house to live in, did loads of cultural-y stuff in London like see plays and go to museums, saw my old school friends back home, lots of pub quizzes, watched a crap-load of TV I'd missed during the year (including Justified!), and had lots of steak. So... yeah. Kinda fun!

Doppelgänger
August 25th, 2011, 08:50 AM
My break was super fast ;-;

I still have a week and a half left, but this summer has been pretty good. I honestly didn't do much, it was very relaxing. (Well, when I wasnt working my summer job that is)

double trouble!
August 25th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Very boring. I didn't get to do anything at all.
No vacation.