PDA

View Full Version : Songs that make you cry.

Patchisou Yutohru
August 14th, 2011, 03:13 PM
What song makes you cry and why do you think it makes you do so?

The song that makes me cry every single time I listen to it is At the Bottom of Everything - Bright Eyes. I don't know why, but around the 2:27 mark is where I start to cry.

Anders
August 14th, 2011, 03:23 PM
The only song that's ever made me profoundly sad was Mad World by Gary Jules. But after listening to it as many times as I have it has no effect anymore.

Alinthea
August 14th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I don't think I have ever cried due to a song, but the one that always makes me feel sad, due to times when I listened to it in the past, is 'Please Don't Go' by Barcelona.

v/COqx-TCxrSk

mameshiba
August 14th, 2011, 03:51 PM
my song is the hungarian suicide song, or gloomy sunday it just makes me sad.

shinysweety
August 14th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Here are three songs that makes me cry there both from kh, kingdom hearts.

Click the links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7uohBpxDbQ

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9DDGibV9yU

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53bXpBv6ySw

do they make you cry to?

Sodom
August 14th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Most songs in my library are songs that I can associate with some sort of fictional memory. And by fictional memory, I mean memories of TV shows or movies that have really touched me. It sounds pathetic, but fiction really means everything to me lol

Anyway, the songs are:

Remains - Maurissa Tancharoen
ZNtORr6RsJ4

Bell, Book and Candle - Eddi Reader
jNHtnYIQqiE

Untitled (How Could This Happen To Me) - Simple Plan
ZQ7oqmikZDQ
This one I'm a little ashamed of because it's such a cliche lol

aaaand finally...

The Shame - Alex Cornish
2pZkOqYGVXg

olih
August 18th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Ice Cream Syndrome by Sukima Switch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C3Ep3l3fCQ&feature=feedlik)
This song doesn't make me cry, but it makes me feel really sad. I guess you could call it 'beyond crying.' It's especially sad if you know what they lyrics are. It's in Japanese, so if you don't know what the lyrics are, you can find them here (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ice_Cream_Syndrome).

Houndour2005
August 18th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Johny Logan - Hold me Now

Nostalgia tears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00X7lYHPrnc

twistedpuppy
August 18th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Fix You by Coldplay. Sounds mac & cheesy, but it get's me every single time. Probably because of my long battle with depression.

Harley Quinn
August 18th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Mama by Spice Girls. It makes me cry because I have a terrible relationship with my mother, so the lyrics really break my heart :(

Impo
August 19th, 2011, 04:03 AM
All of Justin Bieber's songs make me cry.
God, I hate them all so much...

Forever
August 19th, 2011, 04:25 AM
tbh there's past songs that used to make me cry/sad in general, but really they have no effect on me anymore, so yay!

Buuuut lately there's three songs that sorta were making me cry depending on my mood. :x All three relate to the same thing sorta...

One being Lighters by Eminem and some other dudes. Mainly 'cause of the part that says "this one's for you and me, living out our dreams we're all right where we should be", idk, something sad about that makes me think of the time and stufff and whether it is where someone should be or not... then again, it makes me happy if I'm in a good mood, so idk it has many meanings even if I haven't listened to it for that long lool. Actually even now it probably could make me cry if I listen to it close enough.

Next would be When I'm Gone by Eminem (see theme obv) all relates, etc. It's a sad song really, aka the lyrics that go "when I'm gone just carry on don't mourn rejoice everytime you hear the sound of my voice", well, it's not like anyone's died, but it's still a sad song either wayyyyyyy.

And finally Teenage Dream aka Glee version lool. Yeah no that doesn't really seem like a sad song BUT STILL it relates as does the other two to the same thing.

moments.
August 19th, 2011, 04:49 AM
There aren't really songs that make me cry through the song alone, the notable ones that always get me are like The Stampede cause I think of Mufasa dying, and King of Pride Rock / Circle of Life (Reprise) sometimes makes me a bit teary just because it is such a powerful and hard hitting musical 'wall of sound'.

But like it was said earlier, you sort of become accustomed to songs after a while and they don't have the same effect, but I think this song had me in actual tears from the music alone when I first heard it. No back story, no memories associated, the music and lyrics alone just made me cry...

lsWsasqIoyk
I don't cry anymore from it, but it is a damn powerful song!

Mr Cat Dog
August 19th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Watching Inland Empire last night reminded me of one of the few songs that - like Captain Fabio - nearly reduced me to tears. It's from a climactic point in Mulholland Drive, and a Spanish-language version of the Roy Orbison song 'Crying' (totally NOT a pun!) by Rebekah del Rio. Maybe it's the lack of instruments combined with the acoustics, maybe it's the sheer power of the song, but something about it always makes me well up. Have a listen:

v/AIpkMg9sh6Q?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

fango pango
August 20th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Usually I can relate myself to the songs that I cry to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5qRd5rolWI
This makes me cry...I don't know if it's cos it's sad or for me seeing them pay tribute to Paul Gray while this song was playing
Either way,it truly is a beautiful song i'm not ashamed of crying because of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu4wvvoA9-s&feature=related
This is a reminder of the first year I spent in high/middle school...I was the new kid and..I wasn't treated well,cos I was deemed different to all others (music wise and style wise)
This song was what kinda...saved me I guess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5qRd5rolWI
Basically the most awesome video i've ever watched, along with what I believe to be one of the greatest solos ever...simple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh1nJMSO5N8
Ok now this is the saddest song I know...not because it's got the saddest lyrics (in my opinion) it's that I am the oldest of 4 kids...2 being my brothers
And there have been times where I have hated them
But this song reminds me how much they mean to me
And how much they have taught me about life

Graceful
August 21st, 2011, 10:04 AM
The only song I have actually cried at before, without feeling sad or depressed before hand is "First Love" by Hikaru Utada. Even though, I myself, can't relate to the lyrics, I just see an element of sadness in it. I could barely get passed the first verse and to the start of the chorus. But now, whenever I listen to it now, I find it quite easy to listen to without getting emotional at all.
But when I feel upset, I always listen to "secret base ~kimi ga kureta mono~" by ZONE for some reason, and then I start to cry because like the the above, it also has an element of sorrow.

keoni
August 21st, 2011, 10:17 AM
When You Can't Sleep At Night by Of Mice & Men.... No real story behind it, but it was just so beautiful when I first heard it that I cried.

I also cried when I heard the song Inglorious, then the song Bastard one after another from Tyler, The Creator...I'm a bastard (that's the term, don't get on my case), and so I could easily relate to it....

Lauren's Song(Acoustic) by Breathe Carolina had tears show in my eyes, but I didn't quite cry.
A few songs that have made me sad though are:
Shady Shady(Acoustic) by Alive, In Standby
The Abandoned by Memphis May Fire
Heartbreak Hotel by Closer 2 Closure (Kellin Quinn)

When You Can't Sleep At Night by Of Mice & Men.... No real story behind it, but it was just so beautiful when I first heard it that I cried.

I also cried when I heard the song Inglorious, then the song Bastard one after another from Tyler, The Creator...I'm a bastard (that's the term, don't get on my case), and so I could easily relate to it....

Lauren's Song(Acoustic) by Breathe Carolina had tears show in my eyes, but I didn't quite cry.
A few songs that have made me sad though are:
Shady Shady(Acoustic) by Alive, In Standby
The Abandoned by Memphis May Fire
Heartbreak Hotel by Closer 2 Closure (Kellin Quinn)

Chikara
August 21st, 2011, 05:19 PM
Hero of War by Rise Against makes me cry literally every time I listen to it.

_DboMAghWcA

Mr Cat Dog
August 28th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Scratch that. Just found a song that made me weep BUCKETS of tears, which is an achievement in and of itself. It's called 'The "I Love You" Song' from The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, and even reading the comments on YouTube is enough to make me well up. I don't think I've ever been so affected by a song such as this. Take a look, and see if you can survive tear-free:

v/QtDmJZdFHA8?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

Machu Pichu
August 28th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Oh God. Only one song has made me cry, by itself, before. It still almost brings a tear to my eye nowadays.

How To Disappear Completely (And Never Be Found Again) - Radiohead

lAF8D0ugyVk

Alli
August 28th, 2011, 01:40 PM
I don't really cry anymore, but I get a little teary eyed when I hear Pickup Truck by Kings of Leon. One time Edge of Glory made me burst into tears, lmfao. And some song a friend sent me to cheer me up made me start BAWLING once...and it was called Happy Synthesizer or something like that. YEAH. I don't know what was up with me.

Trollololo
August 29th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I cry a lot with "No woman no cry"

It's ironic.

Gold warehouse
August 29th, 2011, 03:06 PM
every sad song ever
I cry to songs that mean something personal to me

Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On
Best one.

mite75
August 29th, 2011, 03:12 PM
last to know by three days grace it dosn't make me cry but it makes me very sad and i feel like crying after hearing it....

TwilightBlade
August 29th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Next would be When I'm Gone by Eminem (see theme obv) all relates, etc. It's a sad song really, aka the lyrics that go "when I'm gone just carry on don't mourn rejoice everytime you hear the sound of my voice", well, it's not like anyone's died, but it's still a sad song either wayyyyyyy.
This too.

Also: When You're Gone by Avril Lavigne.
v/0G3_kG5FFfQ

These two songs make me cry for similar reasons. Someone important in your life moves away or passes away. You then realize how bleak your life is when he or she is not by your side anymore. :(

Stare at the Sun
September 14th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Being an emotional guy, i know many songs that make me tear up. I am going to say three though because i can go on and on when it comes to this subject.

1. Creep - Radiohead

I completely relate to this song, in fact, i think anybody who has ever fallen in love can. The song is about a person who falls in love with a girl. Unfortantly, the girl doesnt feel the same way about him. All this person wants is for the girl to just notice him and give him a chance, but at the same time, all he wants is for the girl to be happy, even if happyness comes without him.

2. Breaking the habit - Linkin Park

Now im not sure exactly what Chester's(clean vocalist of linkin park) message to this song. But here is what i make of it.

I think that this song is about completely realising the mistakes you made in your past and promising yourself that you will change and make the future as good as you can make it. This song makes me tear up because I know i have so many mistakes in the past, and it completely changed my future. I also know that I will not make the same mistakes i have made in the past.

3. Lost content - Thrice

Just the sound of this song makes you wanna cry. But the message in this song is even more sad. Its about whats wrong with mankind, weather it comes to war, selfishness, corruption, ect. This song makes you think big time about how horrible mankind achually is. Being a pacifist and a modern day hippie, This song speaks my words.

Like i said before, I could go on and on about this list. It was hard to pick just three though.

johnny18
September 15th, 2011, 07:33 AM
There are a lot of songs that make me cry :( so I think I will just name a few of them.
1. Lala's Lullaby (D.Gray-Man Episode 5 "Sing Me a Lullaby"): The song made me feels really sad for Lala and Guzol and it keeps me thinking about how important it is to feel accepted or love in a society.
2. Breath Me by Sia: the song comes from the show "Six Feet Under." I have not watched it yet but based on what I see so far, this show seems to be a really good TV series. This song makes me realize that I do not have a really "real friend" and I do not even do anything about it :(. Sadly, until now, I could not be any different.
3. Darkness by Darren Hayes: this song comes from Darren Hayes's album "The Tension and the Spark," his best album ever in my opinion. I can find myself in this song and I have to say that I am still in the darkness and could not find a way out.
4. Eternal Summer by Mayday: the song comes from a gay-themed movie with the same title. The song could be seen as a summary of the movie and it does give me a headache for the thought about what a border of friendship could be. I found the two lines from this song are extremely powerful, "Ten thousand mp3s, ten thousand crazy loves can't even extinguish a slightest loneliness" and "Midsummer’s revelry, on to beyond eternity, is it true that growing up is an agony people must endure?."