PDA

View Full Version : What makes you smile?

Captain Fabio
August 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM
http://images.free-extras.com/pics/m/make_you_smile-1619.jpg
What cheers you up when you are down?

We all get down in the dumps every now and then for many different reasons; work, life, people anything like that, but what really gets you going again and happy?

It can be anything that tickles your fancy. Does one person, RL or PC based really cheer you up? Can someone make you laugh easily? Is there a band/song that just cheers you up? Maybe a TV show or film that gets you laughing every single time? Or is it more basic like a book?
Maybe it isn't even something revolved around media, it could just be a simple walk in the fresh air/rain/sun/snow that puts that smile on your face.

Tell us.

[css-div="clear:right"][/css-div]

Kevin
August 15th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Hm... watching shows on TV can make me laugh, or chat/text real life friends and online friends.

I'm never really happy, and at the same time not that mad/sad. I'm more of a neutral person I guess.

QuilavaKing
August 15th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I usually watch Pokemon or Whose Line to cheer myself up. lol

Katholic Nun
August 15th, 2011, 03:09 PM
I remember getting inconsolably upset when I was reading Dumbledore's death scene in the sixth Harry Potter book. I was crying my eyes out and I felt so sick to my stomach that the only thing that would calm me down was if I forced myself to shut the book and watch four back-to-back episodes of Frasier. That show always gets me smiling :)

Aside from that, ranting always makes me feel better, which is why I love to blog. Also going outside for a walk and getting away from the constant technology everywhere always makes me feel better when I'm irritated or frustrated.

Then of course, there are the activities that aren't appropriate to discuss here :P

Sammi
August 15th, 2011, 04:06 PM
If I get really down, I find that watching Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series cheers me right up. It's just too funny even after watching it a billion times. I can't stay sad watching it. :') Other funny shows will do, too, but that's the first thing I think of.

I wish I could just talk it out but I get depressed really late at night when everyone's asleep. :( So YGO Abridged it usually is!

Captain Hobo.
August 15th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Just one of my friends telling a joke or watching my dog be silly.

SeekerOfDarkness
August 15th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I usually just pick up my guitar and start to write a sad song. About 5 minutes later, I get so into making the song sound better that I forget that I was sad/mad.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 15th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Hmmm watching Pokemon, getting a pokemon doll, getting a pack of Reeses or getting a Mc Donalds Sundae

:t354:TG

PlatinumDude
August 15th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Anything funny on TV makes me laugh (comedies, etc.). Internet memes also crack me up every once in a while.

Jak
August 15th, 2011, 08:01 PM
There are these two people that can pretty much make me smile no matter what. And some certain videos. "PS3 make da best games." lol

2Cool4Mewtwo
August 15th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Youtube poops make me laugh, but it's because it's funny in a stupid way. Forced memes are pretty funny too. That poorly translated Vietnamese crystal version was a source of entertainment for past couple of weeks.

Chikara
August 15th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Pretty sunsets and tiny puppies. A lot of simple things too, like my friends watching football. I'm not a football fan, but they love it so I watch it with them and they're so PASSIONATE about it.

Naruto Uzumaki
August 16th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Listen to some up beat music, talk to certain friends and family members or just go exercise. Reading manga and watching anime are up there as well.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
August 17th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Shopping + hanging out with friends cheers me up :D

Mew~
August 17th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Puppies. I want a puppy. Like, right now. x] They're just so cute

twistedpuppy
August 17th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Watching just about anything on TV. Something that's entertaining enough distracts me from the current situation will calm me down every time, but it usually takes some time.

marz
August 17th, 2011, 01:28 PM
What cheers me up when I'm down.. well anyone that can help me talk my issues through, that usually helps out. But if it's solitary entertainment (lolol), anything that gets my mind off of what's getting me down I can consider to cheer me up. So basically anything makes me happy, unless it just makes me more pissed.

Quite a revelation, I know.

Arago
August 17th, 2011, 06:22 PM
The only sure-fire way I can cheer up is when I'm watching Roseanne. Other things, like talking to my friends, can cheer me up and make me laugh too, but it really depends on my mood. Sometimes I just want to be completely alone and would prefer 0 interaction.

Milk
August 17th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Playing pokemon always cheers me up :C

Kyoko
August 18th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Usually when i'm down I like to go for a drive and listen to angsty music for a little bit, preferably at night. I also like seeing/talking to my friends (after i've calmed down), reading something like a book or a magazine, chillaxing with some tea, and I also like being outside too. Even watching tv shows like Friends, Parks and Rec, South Park, and Archer cheer me up too :)

A lot makes me smile, but those will do the trick with cheering me up when i'm upset.

Jarred0809
August 18th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Suddenly coming up with a good idea to add to my book, going back and playing my old video games and music, really good music, seeing a picture of happier times, going for a walk in the forest, and (of course) my favorite anime and manga.

Loki
August 18th, 2011, 11:02 AM
One of my friends can make me smile just by talking to me. He doesn't know it, but every time he says something to me, or texts me, or even when I see him, I just feel so much better!! >u<

For me, just give me some time and eventually I'll cheer up again, but just one word from my friend and the process speeds up by tenfold. It's like whatever happened to make me upset didn't even happen!

Mr Cat Dog
August 19th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Sticking on a classic Simpsons or Arrested Development episode is a surefire way to cheer me up. Or maybe a film like Annie Hall or His Girl Friday. Stuff like that normally works, but sometimes cheering up can happen in really random contexts, like the time I was in a club and 'So What' by Pink came on. Don't know why, but it really cheered me up for some reason. Other random stuff like that can cheer me up, but I never know in advance what it's going to be.

Libra
August 19th, 2011, 07:03 AM
i just ROFL when i see the picture in my sig
even if i had the worst day of my life that will help me

Forever
August 19th, 2011, 07:20 AM
The only sure-fire way I can cheer up is when I'm watching Roseanne.

I love watching that before bed, totally puts me in a good mood to sleep and such.

In general for me it's either thinking about someone, which really improves my mood when I'm down, or I've noticed lately thinking about things I've achieved that I'm proud of. I've done so much I should be proud of that I barely think about, and when I do, it really does improve my mood.

If not, then listening to either Pretending - Glee, or Not Afraid - Eminem. :)

Ctrl.Alt.Geak
August 19th, 2011, 08:07 AM
It used to be hanging out with my best friend would put me in a great mood for the rest of the week, but she moved away and has other things she has to focus on (or to simplify; "becoming an adult sucks").

These days I find I can kind of distract myself by watching some Todd In The Shadows or Nostalgia Critic. I also find that laying on my bed and staring at the ceiling while listening to [good] music is at least somewhat calming.

If I'm in a decent mood already, I find happiness in doing things that take me back to what I consider to be "better times", like playing Earthbound, watching One Piece, listening to certain CDs etc.

Saryka
August 19th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Hanging out with my best friends pretty much guarantees I'll be out of whatever bad mood I'm in and into a good one. :D I also have a favourite YouTube videos list that I go through if I need a little pick me up. Watching Friends or Fresh Prince will also boost my mood by 200%~~

Vital
August 19th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Nearly anything can put a smile one my face, whether it be a smirk, a grin, a cheesy toothy smile. =D

miju-kun
August 19th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Well, when I'm sad my dogs always cheer me up but when I'm mad, punching them XD.

Erufuun
September 7th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Laughing is truly magical, it can burn calories, cure any disease, and brighten up even your darkest of days! When I have had a long day, nothing seems to be going for me, feeling tired or outright down, nothing cheers me up more than a good roll around the internet, to see what everyone has in store for me~ I can always get a good laugh somewhere! :D The internet is truly a wonderful place, but hey, that's not what I am here to talk about! Just the funny stuff!

So everyone, my question is, what is something that can always make you laugh when you are in a bad mood? Maybe a picture, comic, video? Hey, maybe if it someone here on PC, show them how much you care and link us to their profile. :3

Here is a few videos that always cheer me up~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMLTlUA4ptM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRZ2Sh5-XuM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p68z4gWLjvU

And then this guy, he is always a good time. :33
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=237961

Oooh, and this comic is hilarious! Even if it is in Korean, you can understand the meaning. ;] More like people's reactions, haha~
Mod Edit: Removed link. It's too scary for PC.

And if you wanna post a picture, please put it in a spoiler, so the thread is more tidy. :3 And please, nothing offensive or inappropriate. >:O

PlatinumDude
September 7th, 2011, 05:22 PM
What make me laugh are funny jokes and Internet memes (particularly those relating to Poemon and Yu-Gi-Oh).

Miss Doronjo
September 7th, 2011, 05:29 PM
I laugh more offline than online.
Liiiiike if someone makes an hilarious joke or act, I'd laugh for 2 minutes.

Also some shows: American Dad, Roseanne, Futurama do make me laugh too. :3

A lot of things online do make me laugh though. :3

Anna
September 7th, 2011, 05:37 PM
The Alex Reads Twilight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L253VLwH3w) series. No matter how many times I see it, it's hilarious every time.

And TvTropes, oftentimes.

Cassino
September 7th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I watch YouTube Poops if I want cheering up, they're just so nonsensical, they make me forget my worries; Bogidyboo's are a favourite.

Sheep
September 7th, 2011, 06:36 PM
People's really bad dancing (http://youtu.be/qwVa06LSlxk). Makes me laugh every time.

And who can forget the infamous Spongebob commercial in Japan (http://youtu.be/11quU3nqkVE)? XD

Chikara
September 7th, 2011, 06:45 PM
The TeamFourStar DBZ Abriged (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsPujgqpx8w) series.

I can recite this one.
I'm just.
Saiyan.
WAKAWAKA.

aruchan
September 7th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Some internet memes, some forums, TV Tropes, and Cracked.com. :p

zappyspiker
September 7th, 2011, 11:48 PM
I don't know why but I laugh when I hear other people laugh - Though of course it depends the situation when I'd laugh

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 8th, 2011, 12:05 AM
I laugh at my sister to make her angry which makes me laugh even more! :DDD

Talli
September 8th, 2011, 12:12 AM
seeing people doing zumba (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4) yesterday in the shopping center made me laugh.

Galukxy
September 8th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Watching Yu-gi-oh abridged and Dragonball Z abridged tends to make me laugh and cheer me up and also watching Rik Mayall with Ade Edmondson. They always make me laugh when I'm in a bad mood.

Kevin
September 8th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I just Google funny stuff or watch comedy videos on Youtube if I'm in a bad mood. I don't type in anything specific, though.

Zorua
September 8th, 2011, 05:57 PM
I'm a person that, for the most part, is easily amused, so being around my friends and them acting funny and stuff is enough to keep me entertained for a while. xD;

Centiflora X
September 9th, 2011, 08:30 AM
I smile when someone laughs at my (lame) jokes.