PDA

View Full Version : I wish I was born and raised there...

miju-kun
August 26th, 2011, 10:01 PM
So the question is: Do you sometimes wish that you were born and raised in other countries?

I certainly do. I've always wanted to be a Japanese ever since I heard Japanese songs and I was like; "OMG HOW ADORABLE!!"

Sammi
August 27th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Nah, not really. The US has its faults... a lot of them, actually. But yet, it's home. I don't actually mind being here. *shrugs* Also, no country is perfect. If I'd been born in another one, I'd just be swapping one set of problems for another.

If I absolutely had to pick one, any other English-speaking country would do. I'm not that picky. I just like speaking English... XD;

PlatinumDude
August 27th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Even though I was born in an English-speaking country (Canada), there are times when I wish I was born in the US instead

Charliezard
August 27th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Never really cared for the country I was born in. I mean if you were born somewhere else then that culture would be the norm and the others would be the new, interesting cultures so it wouldn't change anything. However I'd change the world in a heartbeat... Pokemon world? Uhh, hell yes...

Twilight Sparkle
August 27th, 2011, 06:14 AM
I think being born and raised in Japan would be fun, but I would be a different kind of person then.

Kevin
August 27th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Nah, I like the fact that I was born and raised here in the USA.

Azure Rathalδs
August 27th, 2011, 06:46 AM
I sometimes wish that I was born in the us. It has more stuff to do in there because of how huge compared to Britain. Plus, it has a nice atmosphere, especially in little towns.

Katholic Nun
August 27th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Oh, all the time. I really dislike Australia and it's "g'day"-ness, the whole culture here really eats at me, I can't take it. I've always wanted to be English or American, I love the idea of both of those countries so much. The accents, the way of life... it's all just much bigger and better.

Naruto Uzumaki
August 27th, 2011, 07:21 AM
As cheesy and unorginal as it sounds, I would have wanted to be born in Japan. The culture is interesting and appealing, the food is as delicious as it's interesting, and the media is also good as well.

metalheadtomboy
August 27th, 2011, 07:54 AM
N ot really, although I would like to be Japanese just for I can play little princess.

Cassino
August 27th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Being Swedish might suit me like nothing else, but I'm content to remain as I am.
Japan if born circa 1000–1900.
China if born earlier.

Arago
August 27th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Certainly. I wish I was born in England every single day of my life.

Captain Hobo.
August 27th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Well, I wish I could LIVE in Japan or Canada for a while. But, I don't want to be born and raised there.

Gold warehouse
August 27th, 2011, 09:38 AM
France. Seeing as I've actually been there and I know that I love the place far more than this cesspit country.

Otherwise USA or Canada. I've been told it would suit me better, and I think so too. But I hear a mixture of opinions about America and I've never been there so I'd be taking a bit of a leap of faith.

Mentalii
August 27th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Hmm... Why not America? at the same time there are things that disturb me in that country, like excessive media coverage, food etc... But there so much to do there, and everything seem to be made for it, I don't know how to explain exactly ... x) That's cool. Anyway, I gonna do my studies in America, so even if I'm not born there I'm sooo happy !

Otherwise, England, an english-speaking country too. I have a lot of english friends and when they speak about England it seems to be awesome to live in ! Even if I have a little problem with english food, the time I went to this country was really good :) English people are really kind.

Esper
August 27th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Knowing a lot of the reasons I wouldn't actually want to be born and raised in Japan I still would want that to be the place if I could choose. The good reasons outweigh the bad, I think. I also often wonder about what kind of person I might have been if I'd grown up somewhere else.

Mr Cat Dog
August 27th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I often think what sort of person I'd be if I was born in the US or something but, on the whole, I'm very happy I was raised in the UK. I don't know if I'll stay here forever, and I'm not patriotic in any way, but I sorta like being British.

Graceful
August 27th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I don't really think about being born anywhere else. Either way, I'd still live life the way I have to live it now.
However, if I really had to pick, I would probably live in Japan or a small town in America or even France! All these countries seem so beautiful to me.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
August 27th, 2011, 11:49 PM
I'd like to be born and raised in..

Japan :: because even though my mom is Japanese I still suck at speaking Japanese.
Switzerland :: Super awesome weather and chocolate <3
America :: SHOPPINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! Everything there is so cheap >u<;

Seki
August 28th, 2011, 04:09 AM
The UK, I don't know why really.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 28th, 2011, 04:38 AM
For a really long time, I would have said no way. But after getting hooked on anime, I've gained an appreciation for modern Japanese culture and I think it would have been interesting to have been raised there.

Fire Heart
August 28th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I would have loved to be born and raised in Paris or Rome. I have always loved them both (even though I have never been to either of those places) for some unknown reason.

Cadance
August 28th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I was born in Mexico. So yeah, I wish I was born here in the US, because I spent 98% of my life in American soil. Another country would be Italy...I just love to have Italian as one of my languages :D

Saryka
August 29th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I don't wish I was born in another country, per se (I love being Canadian wayyy too much for that), but I do wish I'd been born in another city and province - Montreal, Quebec. It's such a beautiful city and since it's pretty bilingual, I think my French would have been a lot better had I been born there instead.

Cherrim
August 29th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Not. At. All.

I like having grown up speaking English. For a while I sort of wished I'd been born Japanese because I was a huge weeaboo and loved anime but... that died almost immediately when I realized how ridiculous their school system sounds and started learning kanji for myself. And otherwise, the only places I'd really consider wanting to live are the UK or the US. The former... idk, it's just never appealed to me, and the latter? My family would be broke if we didn't have health insurance and lived in the states. <_< Plus I dislike how conservative (comparatively) it is.

All in all, I love Canada. Always have, always will, and I just can't see myself living anywhere else.

Guy
August 30th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I'm not overly patriotic and I love the thought of adventure and going new places that are different, so I certainly wouldn't object to being born elsewhere. If I had to choose, then above all I'd choose to be born in England. I love the idea of thinking of myself as British. Besides that though, the art, culture and beauty of the country itself has always fascinated me the most and even if I wasn't born there, I'd still love to live there even if for just a period of time.

Weeaboo Name
August 30th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I'm perfectly happy to have been born and raised here in England, we have tea, scones and call it football not soccer.

If I was to choose somewhere else I'd love to have lived in Gothenburg, Sweden. Not sure why i've always liked that city.

Broken_Arrow
September 1st, 2011, 08:36 PM
i like being Egyptian..i feel proud of that ^^

Akarui
September 2nd, 2011, 08:48 AM
I sometimes wish I was born and raised in Europe to be honest. It's just more marvelous to me than USA.

Sammi
September 2nd, 2011, 07:05 PM
I hereby deem this thread Poll of the Week! Yay?

*stickies*

I'll give out the emblem tomorrow. It's bedtime. Again. :(

Yoshikkko
September 3rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
I actually love where I live. Even though the weather is cold and more rainy than sunny, even in the summer, it's just my home. I know it's not perfect, but The Netherlands is very stable and has a good mentality imo, and it is viewed as a very neutral and reliable country, I think this is a great country, and I like Europe as well.

Lol I hope I didn't sound too .. patriotic? Anyway, I'm very satisfied with where I live, even though it's not perfect!

King Gumball
September 3rd, 2011, 03:14 PM
New York City or London are the two places I want to live, mostly NY. I'm kinda sick of suburban areas and the heat in Sydney, so a less sunny and more populated place with cooler things to see when you wake up would be much more enjoyable.

Mariah Carey
September 3rd, 2011, 04:43 PM
I was meant to be an American teenager in the 1980's. Meant. To. Be.

ManhattanTheStarr
September 5th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Lol, I knew a bunch of people would say Japan.

For me, I sometimes wish I was born in Europe. But America is the land of opportunity... I definitely appreciate that my mom moved out of Africa before I was born. I would not like to have been born there. D:

2Cool4Mewtwo
September 5th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Japan, obviously. Though I've always fancied being a Russian.

Gumball Watterson
September 5th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I am wishing I was at least born in the United States XD Wouldn't have to deal with all this out-of-state tuition bullcrap if I were a citizen.