PDA

View Full Version : Re-mix it!

Snow Phoenix
August 27th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Well we have covers of songs and now we have remixes of songs. Do you folks like these redone versions of songs? Do you have any favorite styles? Favorite remixed songs? Can the remix surpass the original? And when? Also! How did you get into said style or heard said song?

These are a few questions that I thought of while running through my whole nightcore list. I'm a big fan of nightcore which is basically sped up, repitched, and given a techno beat ^-^' I love the cuteness of the voices and the energy of the songs that are found in the speed. I have quite a few favorites myself. Too many to name, but you could always pitch me a VM if you care :P

One remix that I thought surpassed the original was this one of "Give Him Up."

1c_pm-I_MBw

6NJG9ky1E9Y

I personally think that the original (bottom video) is too bland and the nightcore'd voice is better. When a song is remixed, I guess I like it better when it spices things up... but, not to an extreme.

Katholic Nun
August 27th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I've really grown to dislike remixes. I was driving around last night and since it was a Saturday night they were playing songs that had been remixed into the most soulless dance music you've ever heard. They did Lady Gaga's new song, that recent one "Soul Sister" and a bunch of others and they had really been DJ'd to within an inch of their lives. Some music is just not meant to be nightclub music.

Jak
August 27th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I don't really like remixes a lot. The only remix I can think of that I like is the Till the World Ends remix with Ke$ha and Nicki Minaj and the backwards remix of Friday. I've just never liked remixes. However, if I hear the remix and then hear the original, I'll probably like the remix more, cause that's the first way I heard the song. But considering most of the time, I hear the original before a remix, I'll like it more. Usually just stick to the first way I heard a song haha. Also, Kings of Leon songs...not meant to be remixed. At all. People are crazy for bothering with that.

-Jared-
August 28th, 2011, 01:27 PM
For me, it kinda depends on the individual remix. Like, I really like the Champion theme from HGSS, but I found a remix on Youtube once that was done in a heavy metal style (or whatever it's called. XD) I typically don't like that genre, so when I heard it, I didn't like it. On the other hand, some remixes sound better to me than the originals and sometimes, I think they are equal.

What I really like about remixes that I do enjoy is that it is a different take on a song that I already enjoyed, and sometimes that different take is just as enjoyable as the first one.

Snow Phoenix
August 28th, 2011, 02:18 PM
For me, it kinda depends on the individual remix. Like, I really like the Champion theme from HGSS, but I found a remix on Youtube once that was done in a heavy metal style (or whatever it's called. XD) I typically don't like that genre, so when I heard it, I didn't like it. On the other hand, some remixes sound better to me than the originals and sometimes, I think they are equal.

What I really like about remixes that I do enjoy is that it is a different take on a song that I already enjoyed, and sometimes that different take is just as enjoyable as the first one.

I think you're talking about this:

f1BbAQ7wPxs

Instrumental remixes are a totally different case imo (while not a seperate topic :P). Because there are no vocals, I think it's less likely to mess up and I usually love hearing remixes or piano covers. I still think some things DO sound better changed around though. And I seriously hate it when a song is remixed just because it's "popular." I'm a big fan of taking something that's terrible and making it better. I know quite a few remixes that imo surpass the original and make it able to be listened to.

-Jared-
August 28th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I think you're talking about this:

f1BbAQ7wPxs

Instrumental remixes are a totally different case imo (while not a seperate topic :P). Because there are no vocals, I think it's less likely to mess up and I usually love hearing remixes or piano covers. I still think some things DO sound better changed around though. And I seriously hate it when a song is remixed just because it's "popular." I'm a big fan of taking something that's terrible and making it better. I know quite a few remixes that imo surpass the original and make it able to be listened to.

Huh, that's actually one of the ones I like. XD But as I think about it, it may have been a poorly done metal mix or something, because it was REALLY hard to hear the actual theme. XD