PDA

View Full Version : ever had surgery?

Devil's Guitarist
September 2nd, 2011, 07:49 AM
hey guys... uh... well have you? I'm having one next week and it's easy and I'm not scared at all or worried because my grampa is one of the best doctors in the country and im not scared of dying neither.

Galukxy
September 2nd, 2011, 08:46 AM
I've never ever had a surgery or have been in one. I was almost in one, but then I didn't need it.

Raizhu
September 2nd, 2011, 08:50 AM
I had surgery 12 hours after I was born. Then I had to have more surgery at the age of two. Yeah, real fun.

mondays suck
September 2nd, 2011, 08:57 AM
There was something with my ... second brain when I was five or six. It's been a long time since then, so I don't remember any details. Which also means it can't have been a particularly terrible experience.

Esper
September 2nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
^ second brain what?

I've only had oral surgery to have teeth removed. The gave me laughing gas and I started giggling at everything. I don't really remember the actual surgery part, just the pain afterward.

Talli
September 2nd, 2011, 09:54 AM
I almost had to have surgery on my eye but didn't need it as eye was too badly damaged

Fire Heart
September 2nd, 2011, 10:01 AM
I have never had surgery. I just have never needed it to be honest.

Mr. X
September 2nd, 2011, 10:14 AM
I'll be having a root canal on the 21st.

Yay me. Not.

Hagumi
September 2nd, 2011, 10:33 AM
I had an operation on my spine to cure my scoliosis about three or four weeks ago; I now have two metal rods and screws in my spine. It was my first operation ever and I stayed in hospital for around a week. My back still feels a bit weird and I can't bend, lift things or twist my back for three to four months but I'm so glad I had the operation seeing how my back is a lot straighter. I had to go hospital again today for a check-up and I'll be going back to school soon.

Here's a picture of x-rays before and after my operation if anyone's interested (put it in a spoiler incase some people might not like seeing x-rays or something idk):
http://i52.tinypic.com/11hunbc.jpg
Left monitors show spine after the operation and right monitors show spine before the operation.

Kevin
September 2nd, 2011, 11:05 AM
Yes, on my right ear. It looks pretty different than my left so yeah. Sometimes people ask "what happened to your ear" so I glare at them then they walk away... yeah. But I don't really care that much. XD

Mr Cat Dog
September 2nd, 2011, 11:07 AM
When I was about 8, I had to have surgery to repair a hernia around my groin. The surgery itself was fine, and I can't remember much of life-pre-operation to know how painful the hernia was. I got about a month off school, though, so that was definitely good at the time!

Ninja Aiden
September 2nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
^ Lol, I had exactly this. Although, I remember how painful the hernia was, and it was rather awful. I'm glad I had the operation, and the scar is almost invisible now. I got quite a while off of school, which was fun at the time, although the stitches were a bit of a pain. I did visit my school once and the welcome I got was rather nice. All in all, a good experience, since I didn't feel a thing.

Owl
September 2nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
5 surgeries.

1.) Two days after I was born because my lungs wouldn't fully contract.
2.) a week after that, something was wrong with my chest, so it needed to be fixed.
3.) This summer on my leg.
4.) This summer on my lung.
5.) This summer on my kidney.

They were very fun.

Meganium
September 2nd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Surgery in terms of having doctors open up some parts of your body to fix something...nope, never had that type of surgery in my life. However, I did get eye Lasik surgery when I was 18 years of age. It wasn't that bad, despite what others day.

Overlord Drakow
September 2nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
When I simultaneously dislocated and broke my elbow, I underwent surgery where they opened up my elbow and inserted two metal pins temporarily.

Toshiro.
September 2nd, 2011, 04:55 PM
Never had a surgery before, came close once but I didn't need it.

Manila Luzon
September 2nd, 2011, 05:02 PM
Never had it. I don't really want to, tbh. But I know someday I will. ;-;

PlatinumDude
September 2nd, 2011, 08:31 PM
I don't recall having a surgery ever, but I was told I had one when I was a baby.

Captain Hobo.
September 2nd, 2011, 08:44 PM
I think I had a surgery when I was a baby, but I don't remember it.

Avishka
September 4th, 2011, 03:00 AM
i had an surgery when i was two or three years old . i only had one surgery :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 4th, 2011, 04:39 AM
I've had to remove a growth on my ear and two eye surgeries, one for each eye, to remove cataracts. None as a baby; all of these were when I was well into my college years.

BareBones
September 4th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I've never had surgery but I have been hospitalized. I had to stay there for a while because they thought I had meningitis. I didn't.

I was scared. I'll be honest. Worried that I'd have something fatal, y'know? But as far as luck goes I seem to have a lot of it.

Ash
September 4th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I've had oral surgery several times to have some of my baby teeth removed, and then gum surgery a little after so they can put a hook and chain onto a tooth so they can pull it down with braces. Other than that, no I haven't had any surgeries. Guess you can say that the only thing I've screwed myself up on is my teeth.

Noah Ridgewood
September 6th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Do stitches count? I've had those for falling on a bench at a train station when I was younger!

God
September 6th, 2011, 10:13 PM
surgeries scare the crap out of me omg
Although I haven't had any surgery yet, I'm considering getting a nose job when I'm older (I think that counts as surgery?), as vain as it sounds. I've never liked my nose and if I could afford the surgery, I'd most likely get it.

Kura
September 6th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Just for my wisdom teeth. I wasn't put under, either.

Tapioca
September 6th, 2011, 10:30 PM
When I was born, the doctor didn't cut my umbilical cord right. So while I was chillin' in my baby incubator, they realized that when I pee'd, it came out of my belly button. That's not supposed to happen.

They had to do baby surgery on me to fix it, so now my belly button is kind of really ugly.

It was a hilarious "what" inducing situation, but my mom told me it was actually dramatic and was threatening my baby life. I could have died because there was pee coming out of my baby belly button. I still think it's the funniest thing ever.

moments.
September 6th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Just one for me. I had chronic tonsillitis for like 8 months, and decided that enough was enough, so had them removed. Pretty minor stuff compared to some of you guys, but technically surgery I guess. :D

Mew~
September 7th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Yeah on my nose. I had a nose job. It was just to straighten it after it broke. :x

Saryka
September 7th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I had my tonsils removed when I was ten because they were large and affected my breathing. Apart from the burning pain in my throat for nearly two weeks, and the fact that during that time span I couldn't talk, it was actually such a good time because I lived on a diet of ice cream and popsicles. :D

Kyoko
September 7th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I've had about 4 surgeries? I had my adnoids taken out and then I had tubes put in my ears about 3 times. I say about because all of this happened under the age of 10 so therefore, I'm a little fuzzy on the actual amount.

I'll have to get my wisdom teeth out soon :(

Morkula
September 7th, 2011, 08:07 PM
I've only had one surgery...when I was 6 I had my adenoids out and tubes put in my ears.

I had a medical test done when I was 15 that usually people are sedated for just because of the sheer uncomfortability and the need to keep still during it, but I made it through it without being sedated, so I guess that doesn't count.

Kura
September 7th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I've only had one surgery...when I was 6 I had my adenoids out and tubes put in my ears.

I had a medical test done when I was 15 that usually people are sedated for just because of the sheer uncomfortability and the need to keep still during it, but I made it through it without being sedated, so I guess that doesn't count.

Did it hurt? Or just felt a bit of pressure? @_@ That sounds like a scary surgery to me! So kudos to you ;o;!

WOOOW HAGUMI! That's a huge change! Does it hurt now? Or are you fine and just need to remember to restrict your movement when it heals?

aruchan
September 7th, 2011, 08:19 PM
As far as I know, no. Surgery is kind of scary. :)

Centiflora X
September 9th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Once, when I had to have a hole within fixed.

Loki
September 9th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I've only ever had plastic surgery.

Got double eyelids this summer, and it was actually not that bad. The worst part was when they stabbed the needle in my eye like, three or four times on each eyelid. God I was ready to punch the surgeon it hurt so bad. XDDD;; But that was like, 5 minutes worth of my life, so big whoop, I grit my teeth and just sucked it up.

And then like, after he cut my eyelids open he was hunched over my eye and his hand was in my nose, and he was burning the fat away from my eyelids with a little torch laser thing and it smelled like latex and burnt fat and ohhh my god I could not breathe. Again, I wanted to punch him. (And don't even get me started on how the local anesthesia started to wear off because it was taking too long.)

But other than the fact that it took two hours longer than anticipated because apparently I had obese eyelids and the fat took a lot longer to burn than expected, and other than the fact that right afterwards on the car ride home I felt like I wanted to puke up everything I'd ever eaten in my entire life, it wasn't so bad. My eyelids themselves, despite being cut up like crazy, never hurt at all. Ever. I was pretty surprised.

I looked like I got into an INTENSE catfight afterwards though hahahaha like one eye was SO purple. I told people that I'd gotten into a fight-- and won. ;P

And they look nice now, so. :D

Oryx
September 9th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Loki I had to look up what double eyelids are, haha.

All I've ever had done is my tonsils out. I was really scared, haha. I didn't really need to have them out and I didn't want to but then I got Percocet for a few weeks and that was fun.

Loki
September 11th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Loki I had to look up what double eyelids are, haha.

Most people do have to look it up XD It's like that weird surgery that everyone gets but you never know what it actually is until someone you know gets it.... XDD

But yes, basically the fold over your eyes that most races have, but a fair amount of Asians do not. Makes your eyes bigger, basically.

Alley Cat
September 11th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Stitches and teeth extractions are the closest thing to surgery i've ever had.

Althea
September 11th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I had my appendix removed when I was six...after three days of waiting for the operation, when it should have been done immediately.

I've also had the top of the middle finger of my left hand re-attached, after I slammed it in a door by accident...