PDA

View Full Version : Are you related to a famous person?

God
September 2nd, 2011, 06:09 PM
Are you aware of any famous people in your family tree, no matter how distant the relation may be?
According to my grandmother, through my grandfather (on my mothers side), we're related to Audrey Hepburn. She's not sure if it's through marriage or through blood, but we're a distant relation of hers, apparently. To me, that's pretty amazing, being related to the epitome of class and elegance.

Tapioca
September 2nd, 2011, 06:24 PM
I'm related to my Grampa who was a guy on a submarine during WWII.

No, my family is very boring ):

Alice
September 2nd, 2011, 06:38 PM
no matter how distant the relation may be?Adam and Eve. (Sorry, I had to. lol)

Not really... my great x13 grandfather helped found Jamestown, and became a rich judge there, but that's about as close as I get. lol

Kevin
September 2nd, 2011, 06:58 PM
Noo, my family is boring. But I never really asked so I dunno to be honest. Probably not, though my mom's side were part French so maybe there had to be something interesting.

Exile
September 2nd, 2011, 07:04 PM
I'm related to Sean Morris, a professional Lacrosse player, he's the son of my great aunt, I believe, not sure if he can be considered famous, but he's the only relative that's remotely prominent, I guess.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 2nd, 2011, 07:09 PM
I don't think I am related to a famous person but I've never asked so yeah.. xD;;;

Ctrl.Alt.Geak
September 2nd, 2011, 07:32 PM
My family is not all too exciting.
The best I know of is my grandfather's aunt, Barbara Jefford (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Jefford).
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Jefford)I dont think there is anything else outside of that.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Jefford)

Captain Hobo.
September 2nd, 2011, 08:08 PM
Not that I know of. It would be cool if I am!

PlatinumDude
September 2nd, 2011, 08:35 PM
Apparently, I don't know anyone famous who's related to me.

Galukxy
September 2nd, 2011, 10:13 PM
I'm not sure about this, but I don't think I have any famous relatives in my family.

mondays suck
September 3rd, 2011, 12:54 AM
My mother's uncle (and now his son) was one of the best-known beer garden owners in a radius of ~50km. And he was friends with Gerhard Schröder.

Yoshikko
September 3rd, 2011, 02:48 AM
Well, my mom was a model, and there was a very big painting of her in a museum, but that's some time ago, and it was limited to The Netherlands, so I don't know if you could call that famous. Also, my aunt owns a restaurant which is quite 'famous' and loved amongst other famous and influential people, who also visit there. That's about it, as far as fame goes.

Forever
September 3rd, 2011, 02:52 AM
Oh um, my Pop (not biological) his father was like in the VFL before it was the AFL and his father was also in a war, idk which one. Pop also helped start an organisation in the city called the grandparents organisation and... that's about all. XD;

On my actual biological side? lolno I'm probably going to be more famous/known than them :(
(aka intending to be in media so..)

Truality
September 3rd, 2011, 02:58 AM
I have a cousin who is in the national Greek Basketball team. Nothing more, nothing less. We never met eye to eye though, lol.

EDIT:His name is Ares Charalampidis.
http://s.enet.gr/resources/2011-08/xaralampidis-ethniki-thumb-medium.jpg

Pyrax
September 3rd, 2011, 03:05 AM
I'm related to myself, does that count?

Hmmm....the most likely scenario is that I'm not related to any famous people, considering that my family is incredibly uninteresting.

Liliana Vess
September 3rd, 2011, 03:23 AM
Well my mother has this theory that i'm related to Duncan James (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_James) but i highly doubt that its true x]
But i do know for certain that that somewhere on my nans side of the family there was a psycho murderer or something who was wanted for killing a person or two xD

Spherical Ice
September 3rd, 2011, 03:44 AM
I know for sure I'm related to a certain Father Byles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_Thomas_Byles) who was aboard the SS Titanic, if you can count that as famous. Also my mum's cousin of a cousin of a cousin of a cousin of a cousin etc. is Charlie Chaplin, which is...cool?

Raizhu
September 3rd, 2011, 03:51 AM
My dad suspects that we might be related to a philosopher whose name I can't recall.

Manila Luzon
September 3rd, 2011, 04:06 AM
Nah, my family is pretty boring. ): I highly doubt that I'm related to anyone famous.

this makes me wanna study my family history. ;;

Avishka
September 3rd, 2011, 04:41 AM
I'm not sure about this, but I don't think I have any famous relatives in my family.

Ink Heart
September 3rd, 2011, 05:57 AM
Well... The Garcia clan is pretty famous in a certain town for discovering something like a religious statue.. I really dunno coz I never actually bothered to read the horribly long Tagalog mini booklet that they had given away... *shot*

But, I guess my aunt is pretty famous for meeting live with other famous persons.. does that count? xP Haha. xD

Other than the restaurant.. nothing really special. o3o //wants to learn more about my family now.

Graceful
September 3rd, 2011, 08:40 AM
Well, my family (on both sides) aren't really famous.
The only stardom is that my nan went on a children's television show to pour some teddy bears a cup of Tea >.> And me and my older sister have been in the local newspaper several times, but nothing much.

Though, one of my best friends IRL is related to a famous murderer who used to live in my area (before he died), he killed his wife in a forest and now the forest is named after him. >.>

Alli
September 3rd, 2011, 08:51 AM
We're apparently distant cousins of Helen Keller. My mom's great grandmother was her cousin.

Stormbringer
September 3rd, 2011, 08:27 PM
I had relatives on my mothers side who landed on the Mayflower and helped establish the first colony in America, nbd.

I remember my grandmother said a few others, but I'd have to look them up. ;~;

Ayselipera
September 4th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Yes, but I honestly don't feel like sharing... although if it makes anyone happy it's a famous American president hoorayaya.

NOW TO WHAT MATTERS. I like to think that I am most likely related to a Tristan and Isolde like couple (one being Irish and the other English) therefore making me part English.

Anyways, I don't care what anyone thinks! I am definitely part English somewhere down the line and I refuse to believe otherwise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALSO ONCE WHEN I WAS A LITTLE GIRL I TOOK A PICTURE OF MYSELF AND I LOOKED SPANISH SO I MAY BE OF SPANISH ROYALTY TOO. That is all.

-Jared-
September 4th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I am related to Daniel D. Tompkins, who was Vice-President under James Monroe. :D He was also governor of New York, and Tompkins Square Park is named after him. ^__^

Xyrin
September 8th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Related to a movie director who's made a few movies. Nothing too popular though.

The Last One
September 8th, 2011, 03:07 PM
...im related to Hitler from my biological father's side through marriage somehow...