PDA

View Full Version : Which postbit things do you have hidden?

Proto
September 4th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Just curious. :B Since we added the option I wanna see who's using it--plus just a general curiosity on what the reasoning is.

I have post counts and join dates hidden. The primarily reason is because I like to judge a person's post based solely on content, and I find that I let myself be a bit too elitist by judging based on how long they've been members/how much they post. :x

I also have the contact links and the online/offline image hidden, just 'cuz I hate the clutter.

Shining Raichu
September 4th, 2011, 11:34 PM
I don't use the feature at all, I like to know everything I can about everyone. Not to judge them, I'm too curious to let any details fall by the way side. It was a great idea though, just not for me :)

moments.
September 4th, 2011, 11:35 PM
To be honest, I thought this feature was to hide things on your own postbit, not what you see on others!
I'm going to go change it now, probably just get rid of the contact links and stuff. The rest is ok.

EDIT: I also got rid of nature, just cause it's kind of pointless, doesn't tell me anything about the person and therefore is clutter to me. :P

zappyspiker
September 5th, 2011, 01:06 AM
I haven't really touched the feature. I guess I just like how everything is without changing it.

This pretty much answers what I have to say:
I don't use the feature at all, I like to know everything I can about everyone. Not to judge them, I'm too curious to let any details fall by the way side. It was a great idea though, just not for me :)

Kill me, I am a curious person xD

PlatinumDude
September 5th, 2011, 03:31 AM
EDIT: I also got rid of nature, just cause it's kind of pointless, doesn't tell me anything about the person and therefore is clutter to me. :P

I think that the nature thing is for what kind of personality you have in general as well as what nature you'd have if you were a Pokemon.

On-topic:

To be honest, I didn't use the hide postbit at all. I think that the postbits themselves are fine the way they are.

Raizhu
September 5th, 2011, 03:57 AM
I hide my postcount and my join date.

Ice Car
September 5th, 2011, 04:01 AM
I hide everything but Avatars, Post Count, Gender, and... Yeah, that's it, everything else is invisible. Too cluttered up...

Jack O'Neill
September 5th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Location, nature, contact links, and rank image are all hidden. Everything else is still visible.

Oryx
September 5th, 2011, 04:39 AM
I can't bear to hide things. This doesn't apply to just this, but also things such as ignoring people; I want to see what they say too much so I can't ignore anyone.

The same goes for postbits, I don't like when parts of information are gone so I leave them the way they are. :3

Gold warehouse
September 5th, 2011, 04:48 AM
I was really glad when I saw this feature. I've hidden online/offline image, contact info, nature, post count, join date and rank images; because I just don't really care about any of them, so I'd rather get rid of the clutter!

Avishka
September 5th, 2011, 04:49 AM
I haven't really touched the feature , I like to know everything I can about everyone.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 5th, 2011, 04:53 AM
I don't use it either. It's not like having that info appear causes the site to run any slower than if you have it hidden. And I'm kinda curious as to what my fellow PC'ers have listed there.

Manila Luzon
September 5th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Join date/Location/Age/Contact Links/Rank Image

I don't know why I have the Rank images off. <__< Although, it doesn't really need to be on. I like having a few things off since it can get cluttered with all that information. :P

Kevin
September 5th, 2011, 05:57 AM
I didn't use this feature at all, to be honest. I like knowing other people's information, and it doesn't really look cluttered at all anyways.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 5th, 2011, 06:08 AM
I haven't used this feature yet because I like the way they are right now... I miiigh disable nature when I'm not feeling lazy though. :D

Mr Cat Dog
September 5th, 2011, 09:12 AM
I'm just apathetic enough not to turn any of them off. It's not that I care deeply what people's Nature are or how many posts they have; I just can't be bothered to turn them off. I didn't even know I could until I read this thread, but I'm still not going to do it.

Forever
September 5th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I only have genders & join dates & posts displaying :)

idk if the online image is blocked due to adblock or--no wait I did disable it. XD

Yeah I like smaller postbits anndd... yeah. :3

Tapioca
September 5th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I only have contact links disabled. Since I mean, It's not like I'm confident enough to actually click any of those anyway ;_;

Exile
September 5th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I don't hide anything in postbits, I really like everything being there, hiding things like post count and join date seems like a decent idea, but I think I'll continue sticking to what I'm using now.

Noah Ridgewood
September 5th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I hide the join date (because I don't care about someone's join date), post count (because I don't care how many posts someone has), contact links (because they look tacky and clutter up the table), rank images (because they look out of place compared to everything else), and the on/offline images (because I don't care if someone is online when I read their post). With the postbit style as legacy and signatures (because they take up too much room) also hidden as well! I also have post formatting disabled too!

Liliana Vess
September 5th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I just have the contact postbits disabled because i don't have any use for them and they are pretty ugly too seeing as they don't really change with the forum style.
If i remove anything else it makes the whole forum look naked :S

Esper
September 5th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I guess I needed to read the description of this feature more carefully because I also thought it was for hiding your own information from others.

I don’t think I’ll bother. I use the standard layout (or is it legacy? I’ve never changed it so I don’t remember which is which. Whatever the one where it’s all on top is) and it looks better to me to have something in the top right and top left so I don’t want to take away anything.

-Jared-
September 5th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I pretty much only turned off Nature and Contact info. Nature is generally not very helpful at all, so no need for it there, and if I want contact info, I can either VM, PM, or check the person's profile for the others. Everything else, while not necessary, I still like to keep, primarily due to curiosity. Knowing if someone is online could be helpful if I want to contact them, so I know how quickly I might expect a response, post count, along with join date, can give me a (very) rough estimate as to the experience of the member, gender avoids awkward mistakes (which I have made. >__>), location is just for fun, and everything else is just because I like having that info there.

So yeah.

Toshiro.
September 5th, 2011, 11:31 AM
The only things I have disabled are the natures and the contact info.

If I disabled the other features I would feel weird lol.

Chiar
September 5th, 2011, 11:33 AM
None. I think the postbits are fine as they are.

Sammi
September 5th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I fixed things up the day the notice came up. Reducing clutter on the postbit? Yes please.

Image ranks -- I know what all the colors mean, I don't need an extra image. I like it better without them! Makes me miss when there was just text instead of images.
Join date -- It doesn't matter to me, when people joined. I don't even notice anyway.
Natures -- Just extra stuff I didn't care about.
Contact Links -- ...it took me a second look to remember what this disabled. D: But yeah, another thing I never used. If I really need contact info I'll click on the profile.

Oddly enough I haven't disabled postcount even though I mostly ignore it, but sometimes I do like looking. *shrugs* That and I don't want things to get too lonely.