PDA

View Full Version : Your Inner Sanctum

-Jared-
September 5th, 2011, 02:13 PM
What is your bedroom like?
Do you have your own bedroom, or do you share a room?
Do you hang out in your room a lot, or do you only use it for sleeping?
Is it set up for your favorite hobbies?

My room currently is in the throes of remodeling. XD When it's done though, I hope to have more space in it than I had before. It won't matter much, however, as I hardly ever go in my room, except to change clothes and go to bed. And all I really have in there is a closet for clothes, a file cabinet I don't use, a TV with some gaming systems, and a computer desk with a computer. Oh, and obviously a bed. And a window! Woo. XD And as of recently, hardwood floors that make it so when cats decide to revolt and not use the litter box, it's be easier to clean the mess up. XD

Oryx
September 5th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I'll answer with my room at school because I'm there more now than I am at home-home.

It's cluttered and still not entirely unpacked/moved in, because I honestly don't care about it. I go to classes, then eat, then hang at the student center, then do work, then go to my boyfriend's apartment, and I only go there to sleep. I have a roommate that I barely know so talking to her is awkward, and I just don't like being in my room. I love the atmosphere of outside. xD

Are you going to get rugs to cover your hardwood floor, thereby negating the cat pro? Or are you going to have cold feet all winter? D:

Truality
September 5th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Uh, my bedroom is like...my home. xD

I live in a flatlet which is really small, it can only sustain two people (me and my girlfriend, actually), but I'll try to see it as a bedroom. It's a mess. There are a lot of post-it notes lying around, LOADS of sketches and design papers destined to either end up in the bin or in the project room of college, books scattered around (to the point of jumping among them) and...that's about it. I have my laptop and a small mobile kitchen, as well as a sofa which turns to a double. Two closets and a tiny store for books.

I clean it often, but it returns to this state just as easily. =_=

Sydian
September 5th, 2011, 02:39 PM
My bedroom is pink with white stripes (it's been like this for years, I didn't decide on this okay) and it's where I spend most of my time, unless we have company. It's kinda messy though. And uhhh there's different posters around, and my Pokemon plushies and such. And my video games are up by my tv, and it's probably the only organized area in my room.

Ayselipera
September 5th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Dark blue walls.
Yellow curtains with blue flowers. (yeah it's stupid)
Three windows.
One bed with a black flower comforter.
White dresser.
Black standing shelf.
Lots of posters.
Random shelf things.
Closet.
Hardwood floors, but they're horrid.

yayayay but it's clean.

Oh wait didn't notice the other stuff!! I'm only in my room to sleep or talk on the phone. I don't share it with anyone and I don't have any hobbies.

Kevin
September 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Hm, well it isn't that large but it's pretty cozy I guess. The walls are plain white, though.

Do you have your own bedroom, or do you share a room?
I share a room.

Do you hang out in your room a lot, or do you only use it for sleeping?
I hang out in my room a lot, since my computer and TV is in there.

Is it set up for your favorite hobbies?
Um, not really.

Freddy Fazbear
September 5th, 2011, 05:23 PM
My room has recently faded as my refuge, and I now mainly reside on the couch with a box of parmesean garlic cheez-its, watching DBz, Avatar: The Last Airbender, or pokemon.
My room is grey. All of it: the walls, the bed, the desk, all grey, w/ shades of red scattered about. Yes, I asked for a grey room. No, I don't regret it. Wanna know why? Cuz now the nights are darker. And darker is better.

Raizhu
September 5th, 2011, 05:26 PM
What is your bedroom like? Er, it's medium-sized, and it's got horrible drawings of cats and Pokemon across the walls, and a bed, and a couple of lamps, and a lot of useless stuff.
Do you have your own bedroom, or do you share a room? Thankfully, I have my own bedroom.
Do you hang out in your room a lot, or do you only use it for sleeping? I read up there a lot, and I play my DS.
Is it set up for your favorite hobbies? Read above.
What is your bedroom like? Mah boi. Duplicating a question is not what all true posters strive for in PC.

Saryka
September 5th, 2011, 08:14 PM
My walls are like a light green (but not lime or anything super-bright, much softer than that) and I've got a few red, orange, and black accents around. It was sort of beach-inspired. However, I'm a massive slob so the entire place kind of looks like a tornado touched down and it kind of ruins the niceness of it.

I don't really spend a lot of time in it during the day for a couple of reasons - first of all, during the summer, it gets way too hot in here (and in the winter it's too cold). Secondly, I feel far too isolated from everyone else being cooped up in my room so I just stay in the family room since that's where everyone tends to be.

moments.
September 5th, 2011, 08:19 PM
My room is just like a cream colour, with sort of graphite coloured carpet. Got my desk and bed and stuff and that's about it...

Being a neat freak, my room is quite tidy, I hate having stuff on the floor and really messy, then again, I do like clutter, so my desk is organised clutter, but nothing really serious. Just covered in stuff! :D

As for my walls, I've only got one poster and that's a massive pastel painting done by some guy at a camp a few years ago of two dolphins in a stormy sea, it had a whole story done whilst it was painted, but yeah. I have been meaning to put up a Lion King Broadway towel as well, I bought it to but on display, but I haven't put it up yet!

Gunn
September 5th, 2011, 08:28 PM
My room is really boring. It only has the essentials: a bed, desk, alarm clock, and a TV. I'm only in my bedroom just for sleeping. The walls are empty although I have them planned to be covered with my photography when I blow up some photos of mine into poster sizes.
Other than that I don't need to be in my room when I have an apartment to myself. :P

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 6th, 2011, 12:23 AM
My bedroom walls are pink, there are 2 windows with white+pink curtains. My mom is planning to add a new layer in my room to put my stuff 'cause my room is too messy and I can't be bothered to clean it up, plus my room is tall enough so..! :D

PlatinumDude
September 6th, 2011, 12:52 AM
My bedroom has blue walls, a nice bed, a LEGO collection, a Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh card collection, its own balcony, it's own bathroom and a desk. This bedroom used to be my youngest sister's room before we traded rooms. I sleep in there during school days, but sleep in my parents' room on weekends and holidays.

Sammi
September 6th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I live in a two-bedroom apartment. Since I only have one roommate, I have a room to my own. Haven't shared a room since I lived in the dorms a few years back.

My room is really cluttered at the moment. I have a long storage bin that doubles as a bedside table, and right now it's full of dishes, volumes of manga, and assorted notebooks. My computer tower also has stuff on it, which I should probably move, but the desk I have my laptop on right now is too small for me to put anything else on it. (Doesn't help that it has the computer monitor on it.) There's two pairs of shoes ont he floor, two shoe boxes, and a ton of clean clothes at the foot of my bed. As for the bed itself, it's a queen sized mattress on the floor. Don't have a bed frame and have no plans of getting one. I actually like it low on the ground!

The walls are white. One wall has a poster and a whiteboard on it and then a bunch of empty space; the perpendicular wall has a band of glow-in-the-dark stars on it, with two pieces of paper right under them and to the right of the desk. They're editing notes, for when I finally get around to editing two series of stories I'm writing. (Which is never. They've been up for months now.)
Carpet is pretty boring, just tan and a bit shaggy, and stained in a few places now.

The amount of time I spend in my room now depends on if I have the laptop in it or not. For a few months, the laptop was out in the living room, so I was only in my bedroom to sleep. The past week, I've had my laptop in my bedroom, so I've been in here all the time when I'm at home. In fact, today's a day off for me and I've only left my room a few times. @___@; Back when I had just the desktop I was always in here too. I'd only stay in the living room if I was playing on one of our consoles or if my roommate and I were watching shows together.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 7th, 2011, 06:37 AM
My bedroom needs renovation badly. It has white walls with random black spots and areas where it's peeling and uneven. Right now it's a random mess of stuff piled up because once I get a job I hope to move out in my own place which likely won't be in such a state of disrepair. No posters or anything on the walls since mine is a temporary arrangement.

I have my own bedroom, but since there's no TV or anything in there (way too cramped) I only use it for sleeping. It's not set up for anything except sleeping or storage. It's not a nice environment at all, and I can't wait to get out.

The family also routinely invades my privacy by entering randomly and going through my stuff like they have a search warrant from the sheriff's department.