PDA

View Full Version : Do you even vote?

moments.
September 5th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Not voting in real life, sort of stemmed off that thread about if you read people's comments in Other Voting Polls.

But basically, when there is a poll added to one of these threads, do you actually leave a vote in the poll, or do you just leave a comment. Likewise, when you make a thread, do you make a poll, or do just leave it to the comments?

note the lack of poll, that's my answer :P

PlatinumDude
September 6th, 2011, 12:56 AM
When there is a poll in a thread, I vote in it, say what I voted for if whoever voted is set to private and say why if possible.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 6th, 2011, 01:08 AM
I used to vote, but I don't do so anymore because it takes too much effort. o3o

Arago
September 6th, 2011, 03:32 AM
When it's someone else's thread, I'll vote in the poll, but rarely do I make a poll myself. I'm much more interested in people leaving nice, insightful replies than them clicking an option I provided to them.

Mr Cat Dog
September 6th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I'll always vote in the poll if I'm answering the thread in question. It's less that I really love polls and more that I have some weird-OCD tendency regarding them. When making threads, I'll only include a poll if there are clear, discrete answers to the original question, as opposed to polls that open the floor up for discussion.

Oryx
September 6th, 2011, 07:49 AM
I vote in the poll only if I don't plan on posting in the thread, tbh.

Esper
September 6th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Polls can kinda limit people's responses so I hardly ever make threads with them. I hardly ever make threads anyway though. I like to see more personal answers.

I'll often vote, although if there isn't an option that matches my post I'll skip the vote and just go with a response. I don't usually bother voting in threads that I don't respond to.

Talli
September 6th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I'd rather get my opinions posted in the thread if it has a poll

Axton
September 6th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I used to vote, but I don't do so anymore because it takes too much effort. o3o

Really?

Anyway I do the poll if I notice it but I tend to read the OP, the replies, post, and leave. I may well notice the poll before I post but I tend not to remember not to leave my thoughts in the poll too. I suppose I should fill it out before I go posting in the thread, really.

As for making them? Nah, if someone wants to give their opinion on my thread then I'd rather they take the time to make a post. I can get a much more detailed idea of what they think that way.

Zorua
September 6th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Nah, I'd much rather post my full opinion on a thread rather than vote on something, I doubt it would really make much of a difference anyway whether or not I really voted in a poll. xD;

Yoshikkko
September 6th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I think it's fun to vote, but I never made a poll (I'm not even sure if I can do that lol), anyway, if I vote I comment anyway, just to explain why I voted the way I did.

Galukxy
September 6th, 2011, 10:18 AM
When there is a poll, I do vote on it and then post an explanation of why I chose that option.

Xyrin
September 6th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Sometimes I only put something in the poll but I've been trying to break that habit. That was where I was too lazy to post. ;_; But if a thread is a simple question (which I try to stay away from making) then yes. I would add a poll.

Kevin
September 6th, 2011, 12:21 PM
In a poll? Sometimes I do, but I usually vote in the polls that are more private to be honest. I dunno why I don't like voting in public polls when others can see what you voted for.

The Sly Fox
September 6th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Lol I am guilty of never voting in polls. I only post my reply.

Cassino
September 6th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I only leave a vote by default. If the options don't include the choice I would make or I vote 'other' then I will post. I'll also post if I want to expand on my vote, but that's not likely. I tend to stay entirely out of public polls.

I add polls to my own threads if one can be added with relevancy.

QuilavaKing
September 6th, 2011, 05:28 PM
A lot of the time I'll actually vote instead of replying, if I can't figure out exactly what I want to say. I usually vote either way though.

Sammi
September 6th, 2011, 07:48 PM
To be honest, I forget to use the polls more often than not these days. I'd rather post so I can expand on my answer. @___@; Then again not that many threads these days have polls attached to them, so maybe that's the reason why I forget. I don't even notice them anymore.

Mariah Carey
September 6th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I forgot that polls even exist tbh
The poll options are so limiting most of the time, so when I do see them, I rarely vote. I prefer to make a post in the thread instead.

Kura
September 6th, 2011, 08:48 PM
If the thread interests me enough to vote on a poll, it usually interests me enough to leave an answer; so I do so.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 7th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Sometimes I'll do both, but other times I'll forget all about the poll and post, particularly if my response is "Other" or "None of the Above" which actually happens quite often.

Katholic Nun
September 8th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I vote in the poll only if I don't plan on posting in the thread, tbh.

Likewise. Sometimes if it's a thread I have absolutely no interest in, if I see a poll I'll just go in there and click an option at random to see if I got it right (and by 'right' I mean the most popular answer lol).