PDA

View Full Version : Exercise

Harley Quinn
September 6th, 2011, 09:51 PM
http://data.whicdn.com/images/10736367/tumblr_llzaz8hcof1qzz30wo1_500_large.jpg
I'm not into exercise. I'm somewhat fit, for my 6'5 frame I'm at a reasonable weight and at the moment, the run I do every day keeps me fit enough. I know I'm lazy, but I don't plan to change my habit until I need to be more fit. But if I had heard myself saying this just two years ago, I probably would've screamed and started slapping myself silly. Exercise used to be a huge part of me back when I had a fitness regime the likes of Serena Williams would love, lol. But things happened, and I realized that I didn't need to obsessively work out and stay skinny for the hell of staying skinny. I should really try doing yoga again though, that was fun, lol.

So, what about you? Do you do any exercise?
If so, why? To stay fit?
If not, why?
Will you change your habits in the immediate future?

Kura
September 6th, 2011, 09:56 PM
I really need to start exercising more. It's not that I need to lose weight (I am a healthy weight and I eat well) but I noticed that I am pretty weak at certain things and I would like to have a better posture.
I work on the computer a lot so I tend to notice that I slouch over time. It's tough to have "mind over matter" but there are some exercises that I do occasionally that just help strengthen my back muscles. I should do them more often, however. Though I do plan to!

Truality
September 6th, 2011, 10:48 PM
>So, what about you? Do you do any exercise?
Yes. Both aerobical and whatnot.

>If so, why? To stay fit?
That is merely a plus in my conception, the real reason why I do exercise is for health reasons.

>Will you change your habits in the immediate future?
Of course not. Exercising is a good, beneficial habit, and well, unless 'that health problem' goes off I shouldn't stop either.

moments.
September 6th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Pretty much the same as Kura, but instead of posture, just overall fitness. I haven't got very good stamina and have got plenty of time to at least get a bit of running or something in!

I'd like to think I will change in the immediate future, but to be honest, I will likely just put it off... xP But I do really want to start exercising, the weather has been really good too!

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 7th, 2011, 12:33 AM
I do all sorts of exercise, Volleyball, Tennis, Ice-skating, Cross-country Running, Swimming, Netball etc etc. I don't exercise to stay fit; I exercise because... idk tbh. o.o

PlatinumDude
September 7th, 2011, 12:36 AM
I exercise every Sunday to try and stay fit. I think what I need to change is how often I exercise, since I'm supposed to do it more than once a week.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 7th, 2011, 05:26 AM
I don't get much exercise at all. This is for several reasons. First, I'm lazy. Second, I don't like doing any kind of physical activity at all since I get aches and sweat excessively. Third, I'm scared that my bum knees are gonna give out if I attempt to do something too strenous.

Patchisou Yutohru
September 7th, 2011, 07:30 AM
I don't get much exercise at all. This is for several reasons. First, I'm lazy. Second, I don't like doing any kind of physical activity at all since I get aches and sweat excessively. Third, I'm scared that my bum knees are gonna give out if I attempt to do something too strenous.
I'm pretty sure exercise can fix your last two problems, but the first one is something that I suffer from as well.

I don't not exercise much -- maybe four times a month --, unless you count dancing, which entails flailing limbs around un-poetically and trying to dance the Judas choreography (which is a workout of itself). I keep telling myself that I'm going to exercise, and yet when the time comes around to doing it, I don't do it. I push it back a day, and then when the day comes, I push it back another day, and so on and so forth.

I wish I had someone like Chris Powell screaming in my face to motivate me; then I'd probably be more inclined to doing it, which is probably bad for me. But relying on my own? Not happening.

Mr Cat Dog
September 7th, 2011, 07:58 AM
In an attempt to disavow myself of public transport and save some money, I've been walking everywhere for the past month or so. I don't know how much of an effect it's been having, but it's certainly the only exercise that I've been doing in the recent past! I had a gym membership when I was at uni, but now that I've graduated, all the gyms in my area are just too expensive. I know there's stuff I can do at home, but - like so many other people in this thread (and in life) - I'm just too lazy to go out and do it.

But my office has its own gym, so when I start my job there's no real excuse for me not to get relatively healthy!

Saryka
September 7th, 2011, 08:22 AM
As lazy as I am, I do work out two to three times a week to get/stay fit. I walk to place when I can instead of driving, and sometimes I'll even bust out my home version of DDR for the PS2 and just nerd it up while getting exercise. But for the most part, I hit the gym. I've actually grown to really love working out at the gym, and especially the feeling I get after a good workout. I feel so gross if I don't work out for a while. :(

Esper
September 7th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I used to play DDR, too. I was never that good at it, but it really did work you out.

Mostly I walk for exercise. I don't have any real schedule or anything structured so it's just... going for walks really. Not the most intense, but I have okay stamina and strong legs because of it, I think.

Kevin
September 7th, 2011, 12:35 PM
So, what about you? Do you do any exercise?
Yep I do. For now I just exercise at Tae Kwon Do, but once the gym opens for after-school I'll start exercising/working out there.

If so, why? To stay fit?
Yep. I don't wanna feel like a lazy bum.

Will you change your habits in the immediate future?
Well I'm doing fine right now.

Sammi
September 7th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I walk to work at least 5 days a week, if not 6, and I walk home when I can. Not so bad in the other seasons, but in the summer I find I have to ask for a lot of rides when it's 95-100F outside. One way is two miles. That's the only outright exercise I get right now. Too lazy to make a more strenuous routine. To be honest, this is probably the most active I've ever been! Working out just isn't something I like, but I looooove walking. It keeps me at about the same weight despite working at a pizza place. Not having a car has its advantages. :)