PDA

View Full Version : It's gone...all gone...

Oryx
September 7th, 2011, 08:12 AM
http://www.onetip.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/deleted-files.jpg

Account Deletion

Imagine one day you go to log onto PC and you realize your password isn't working. Fearing getting hacked, you check your profile and see the message: "This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view." Your account was accidentally wiped in a server error, and there's no way of getting it back. All your posts, threads, themes, emblems, and blog posts were wiped clean, and all you can do is make a new account and...start over.

Would you?

Because this deletion is due to server error, assume whatever staff and supporter tier you have would be transferred to your new account. However, nothing else will.

Liliana Vess
September 7th, 2011, 08:17 AM
i'd probably just ask for it to be restored because i'm pretty sure PC backs up its database ;D

But I'd probably restart from scratch, i don't care that much about the post count or the emblems or the thread. As long as the people i talk to on here are still coming online i'd stay and build up again ^-^

Forever
September 7th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I'd stay due to being staff, so I kind of have to. But even if I wasn't, I'd definitely stay. Really I'd LOVE to start all over again and just be seen as a brand new member but not really be one...

If anything, I'd sorta miss my 2005 join date though, since not many active now have 2005 join dates, lol. :x OH and my userid. And my vms too @ future post. Post count however would be least of my worries, lool.

Saryka
September 7th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I'd start from scratch if something like that ever happened; post count and emblems don't matter at all to me. The only thing I'd probably miss would be all my VMs, I had some good conversations with people in the past and I'd hate to see that all gone.

Esper
September 7th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Eh, I'd start over. It's a chance to wipe the slate clean, right? A fresh start. I'd loose some data, some vms and pms, but it's not like I couldn't still keep in contact with people.

Not that I'd never actually want it to happen, but sometimes it's kind of nice when something happens out of your hands and forces you in a new direction.

It'd make a good story in any case.

Cassino
September 7th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I don't think I would. I've been over the matter of leaving enough times that being fully pushed that way by the staff/server is likely to see me not returning.

Toshiro.
September 7th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I would be really mad xD But I suppose I would start over, and eventually reach where I am today again.

Noah Ridgewood
September 7th, 2011, 09:17 AM
I would hope that the other staff would transfer over my staff status to my new account!! That's the only thing I'd really care about potentially losing for good. But this would give me the perfect reason to create a new account with a new name!! I would certainly.

Guy
September 7th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I would hope that the other staff would transfer over my staff status to my new account!! That's the only thing I'd really care about potentially losing for good. But this would give me the perfect reason to create a new account with a new name!! I would certainly.
My thoughts exactly!!!

I wouldn't mind starting over at all, but if I can have my staff status moved to my new account (with my new name), then that's all that I'd care about.

Meganium
September 7th, 2011, 09:25 AM
If my lovely account got wiped out, I'd be devastated. Then I'll have to start using one of my alts instead of making a new one (if my alts did get wiped out as well, I guess I can start off new). I'd also ask staff to hopefully transfer my staff & supporter status like Patchisou mentioned.

What I will miss from my old account would definitely be the emblems. I have a few that are valuable to me.

Xyrin
September 7th, 2011, 12:19 PM
:o That would be horrible. ;_; But I would start over (and hopefully the owner of the account Furret lost their account as well) and I would use my same name unless the staff would give me the name Furret, that darn account has two posts and hasn't been on since 04. ;_;

Raizhu
September 7th, 2011, 12:22 PM
It wouldn't really matter. I have my sprites saved in several places and I'd just resend friend requests. I wouldn't mind losing my postcount; it doesn't really matter to me here.

Kevin
September 7th, 2011, 12:23 PM
All my post counts--gone? That sucks, but as long as everyone else is on the same page I won't mind. And my Supporter Tier to be transferred over. I would kind of be mad, but there's nothing I can do about it so yeah. I'd still stay on PC.

-Jared-
September 7th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I would totally start over. I wouldn't abandon the site, or any of the people I talk to on here just because of this. Since my Supporter-ship would be transferred over, it's not like I lost any money in it or anything, and i can still talk to my friends. So yeah, i would still come back. ^__^

Astinus
September 7th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Since I'm allowed to keep my staff position, I'd come back. Some days I think it would be nice to have a low post count again to build everything all back up. I really don't care about a lot of things attached to my account, except for my VMs and most of my PMs.

Shiny Celebi
September 7th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I guess it wouldnt really matter. I havent been here for very long, so Id probably just make a new account and start over.

The 100 Mega Shock
September 7th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I really wouldn't give a flying ****.

Crimson5M
September 7th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Well that's why I have this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=274836).

DarkAlucard
September 7th, 2011, 03:13 PM
It would be a good opportunity to start from scratch. Although it would hurt a little.

Gold warehouse
September 7th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah who cares about the past, look to the future, it doesn't matter if all my past crap gets deleted. I only continue to come here so I can post BS in off topic sections and harass Scarf via VM anyway

Sammi
September 7th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I'd just start over. It'd be upsetting at first, but not worth leaving PC over, imo. It's just a bunch of numbers and statistics, and maybe a few PMs I'd miss but I do have backups on my other computer of the really important ones. Only thing I'd miss is blogs if I left staff. But that might inspire me to donate for once...

Although I'd be confused as to why the forum couldn't go back to an earlier date. I actually did have my account deleted during a hacking once! Pretty much happened the same way as the post intro, except I went to the forum leaders page to not find my username there. All of the s-mods got deleted for some strange reason. Great day to be one! XD

PlatinumDude
September 7th, 2011, 05:24 PM
If possible, I'd ask if my account can be restored in my new account. If not, then I just continue with my PC activities on my new account.

miju-kun
September 7th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I'd be mad lol. I'm going to make a new account again, and hopefully, get a different username.

moments.
September 7th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I'd be pretty pissed, and I doubt I'd immediately make a new account. I'd sort of sit around hoping it will come back. xP
But yeah, I'd no doubt make a new account and try and get in touch with everyone I was connected to.

It'd also be like fun though. Being the only one with the problem. You could be like, "the new and improved moments."

God
September 7th, 2011, 09:13 PM
^ lol im dumb

I wouldn't be too angry. I'd be pissed for about a day, grumble about the loss of pixels I had worked so hard to collect (not really I'd just miss my VM's), grumble even more about the loss of some css codes I had saved in my notebook and register all over again. There have been some usernames I've been wanting to try, anyway.

zappyspiker
September 7th, 2011, 11:44 PM
To be honest I wouldn't really know unless I was actually in the situation. Probably I'd start over again seeing as PC has pretty much been my life for the past three years and it'd be sad to pretend like nothing happened. Besides, if I did leave here because of an incident like that, I'd lose my friends here xD

aRedMoon
September 7th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Eh, wouldn't be that big of a deal.

But it would be fun to see like 12,000 guest posts by my deleted account. :D

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 8th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I would start over again even if I lose my supporter tier because PC is addictive. 8DDD