PDA

View Full Version : no shut up i am right you are wrong

shenanigans
September 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Do you get into arguments very often? If you do, what sort of things do you tend to be arguing over? How long will you argue to prove that you are right? How do you feel when you lose an argument, or do you ever feel you lose arguments at all?

And as it might as well as go in this thread, are you a very opinionated person?

Chikara
September 7th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I don't normally fight with people about opinions OR facts. I won't lie, I'm opinionated. But I don't consider it a big huge deal when people disagree with something I say or think.

Xyrin
September 7th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I get into debates/arguments/fights with my friend James all the time. And I really need to blog about his most recent retard moment.

Raizhu
September 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Do you get into arguments very often?
No, I mostly get into arguments with my family.
If you do, what sort of things do you tend to be arguing over?
Mostly my freedom over certain thing such as how much time I can be on the Internets and the like.
How long will you argue to prove that you are right?
I'll argue for a long time, believe me. But I often end up feeling stupid for carrying it on for so long. :|
How do you feel when you lose an argument, or do you ever feel you lose arguments at all?
I feel defeated and annoyed, unless I know that I was wrong.
And as it might as well as go in this thread, are you a very opinionated person?
Yes.

Kevin
September 7th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I don't fight with people that much. Sometimes I may disagree with them but I honestly don't like getting into arguments, even if I'm positive I would win it. Plus if the other person is right you'd feel stupid in the end. I don't like to argue in school or outside of school.

Patatas Fritas
September 7th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Well... I try not to, but I'm really opinionated and it's just like "If you don't agree with me I will keep telling you reasons why you are wrong and I am right."

Like how today I was having an argument with my friend about abortion... But that's not the point :x Either way, I've been trying not to get into arguments because it's not fun but when I do I will do everything I can to make sure I'm right because I obviously am. All the time. Oh well, I'm trying. I have strong beliefs about subjects though and I don't like people telling me I'm wrong or that they don't agree with what I say.

This doesn't show me in good light though... But oh well, I am who I am~

PlatinumDude
September 7th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I get into arguments sometimes, such as who has to go first for a piano lesson or putting the blame on someone else.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 8th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Oh yes. I get into quite a lot of fight with my sisters, my mom and my friends, especially the overconfident ones.

Crimson5M
September 8th, 2011, 03:56 AM
"Shut up" normally means "I know I'm wrong and I give up so let's just forget about this because I don't want to be wrong".

OriginGiratina
September 8th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Very often with my sister. She always says that she is right in everything. My parents always help my sister even if she is wrong. She cries suddenly and ''I always do something to her to cry'' and I argue with everyone around me. Often with some stupid classmates, yeah we fight with fists and kicks lol.

Gold warehouse
September 8th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I am very opinionated, but no I don't really argue. There's too many ignorant people, I can't educate them all!

I do in class though, helps to liven up the subject.

Exile
September 8th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I've gotten into arguments with my family before, I usually lose against my parents, but win against my siblings. I've also argued with one of my teachers before, just to mess with them. I'm a bit opinionated, but I'm usually able to see where someone else is coming from, with their opinion.

Mew~
September 8th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I try to stay out of stupid arguments, but if I'm trying to make a solid point and the other person just acts as stubborn as a donkey, I try my best to make my point heard.
Though in my school, I'm usually met with a "Shurrruppp" whenever I try to put my point across. :\

Mr Cat Dog
September 8th, 2011, 09:59 AM
If I honestly think I'm right about something, I'll defend it to the ends of the earth. However, as I've gotten older, I've become less certain about what's right, so my argument quotient has gone done in recent years.

Gilgαmesh
September 8th, 2011, 09:42 PM
To be honest, I hate getting into arguments with people, and it happens frequently for some really odd reason. I don't want to be taken the wrong way, but it's very often that people misinterpret my actions for something cold or something of that manner, when it's really the complete opposite, and then I feel totally bad until the situation manages to be resolved somehow.

I'm kinda an opinionated person, and in an argument, I'm only going to do just that--state my opinion--not say how much I'm right or utilize terminology that would imply that I'm right or anything like that, because it's kinda...not what I do.

moments.
September 8th, 2011, 10:29 PM
I hate arguing, often I tear up whilst arguing, not because I'm crying, it's just that I think I've got a bit of a phobia of judgement and people questioning my interests and beliefs and stuff and I get really nervous and everything. So I try and avoid arguments generally, I don't voice my opinions very much, but I'm alright with it!

So yeah, don't like it...

Ephemeral Euphoria
September 8th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Oh god I argue nonstop with almost everyone nowadays, but then again I really need to quit a few other forums soon.

Jack O'Neill
September 9th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Do you get into arguments very often?
Online, yes. Offline, not so much.

If you do, what sort of things do you tend to be arguing over?
History seems to be a favorite subject of mine, if my post history here is anything to go by. Most things relating to politics or religion are pointless to discuss with anybody, online or offline, though there are still a few topics that get me going, like gun control.

How long will you argue to prove that you are right?
To the point where I will directly seek out and cite books, academic journals, and government statistics to back up my claims.

How do you feel when you lose an argument, or do you ever feel you lose arguments at all?
When I lose, I simply feel that I haven't cited enough references to back up my case.

There's too many ignorant people, I can't educate them all!
Still hasn't stopped me from trying, though. They'll learn someday.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 10th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I constantly get into arguments with the rest of my family, usually over seemingly trivial things that they love to blow completely out of proportion. They like to think they're correct about everything and my opinion doesn't matter because they're the ones in charge. And we share very different opinions on a lot of things...

I'm one to continue to argue my point until I prove I'm correct. And don't get within 500 feet of me if I ever percieve I've lost an argument... I'm not in a very nice mood, to put it lightly.

Owl
September 10th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Too many times for my own good. Whenever I can, I will depending on the person making the statement. Mainly my parents. I'll argue if someone says something that's either a stupid or illogical comment and such.

Althea
September 11th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I'm constantly getting into arguments, although that'd be just because it irks me when other people go around shoving their opinions on me convinced that they're "right" or whatever. I don't think in terms of right and wrong, and it aggravates me when people start throwing "facts" in my face as if I'm supposed to just agree with them. I don't really care about much, so I find it very easy to take the exact opposite viewpoint to what someone is saying. I'm a very annoying person to argue with, because the more people toss their opinions in my face, the more I fight against it, and I will constantly call people out on their terminology. Ehehehe.

Ayselipera
September 11th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't even call them arguments because they're usually just really stupid things that I like to make a point about lolol. Whether I give up or not depends on who I'm arguing with. Most of the time though at some point I'll just give up and say something like, "Okay never mind" or "Okay you win" because it's pointless to keep going if I can tell they're not going to change their mind and sometimes it's a topic I really don't care about in the first place so I don't even feel like arguing over it.

Everyone says I'm opinionated so I'll just say yes, but I like to see it as particular instead!!

Graceful
September 11th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I never really get into any arguments due to my low self-esteem. The only times I argue is pretty much over Facebook with friends, but we eventually make up. I'm not very good with arguing with my mum either, I usually go to my room for a bit and then I come down the stairs to apologise.