PDA

View Full Version : Call It What You Want ★ Foster the People Fan Club

Alli
September 8th, 2011, 11:01 AM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/67378892/Foster+the+People.png
Call It What You Want
Now you say, "What's your style and who do you listen to?" Who cares?

Well. We care. We care who you listen to. Because this is a club for fans of Foster the People! Whether you're just a tortilla chip that's only heard one song, or a taco platter that has their whole album, acoustic/live performances, and follows their every move, feel free to join! Together, we will unite as Mexican food (aka: fans of FtP, but this name is totally unofficial)!

Rules & Tips:
- All PC and Other Clubs rules apply!
- Please stay on-topic! Talking about the band members, their songs, and the like is acceptable.
- Talking about covers and mashups are okay too, as long as it doesn't dominate.
- Feel free to bring up a discussion topic!
- This club will run on a "three strikes, you're out!" policy, so keep that in mind.

Story behind Mexican food:
Well, I was tweeting something as I wondered "I wonder what fans of Foster the People are called?" because Gaga fans are little monsters, Bieber has Beliebers, etc. And at the time, there was a commercial on that said something about Mexican food and I was like "OMG THAT'S IT" and tweeted it haha. So yeah, we're Mexican food! But that's unofficial.

Don't know about them? Or want to know more about them?

Foster the People is an indie rock/indie pop band that formed in Los Angeles, California, United States in 2009. The band consists of Mark Foster (vocals, guitar, keyboards), Cubbie Fink (bass, vocals) and Mark Pontius (drums). The band released their debut self-titled EP in January 2011. The band’s debut full length album, Torches, was released on May 24, 2011 on Star Time/Columbia. Their first single “Pumped Up Kicks” was a sleeper hit during the summer of 2011 and peaked at #1 on the Billboard Alternative Songs Chart, #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #18 on the UK Singles Chart.

And if you wanna be stalkerish, here are their Twitters:

Mark Foster: @fosterthepeople (http://twitter.com/#!/fosterthepeople)
Cubbie Fink: @Cubbiefink (http://twitter.com/#!/Cubbiefink)
Mark Pontius: @mrpontwee (http://twitter.com/#!/mrpontwee)

Sign-up Form
Username: Sydian (please use your username format if possible!)
Favorite Song: Helena Beat, Love, and Chin Music For the Unsuspecting Hero
First FtP Song: Helena Beat, waaay back in March /hipster ;-;

Member List
♛ Sydian
☆ Pikapal642
☆ Hiidoran
☆ Yo Face Here
☆ Xyrin
☆ Meganium90
☆ Razor Leaf
☆ wcdaily
☆ Nuke

-Jared-
September 8th, 2011, 06:09 PM
TOTALLY JOINING. Because I am comida mexicana! XD

Username: Pikapal642 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=136024)
Favorite Song: Helena Beat, Miss You, Call It What You Want, Life on the Nickel, and Houdini.
First FtP Song: Pumped Up Kicks. >__> I'M SO MAINSTREAM. xD

Alli
September 8th, 2011, 06:33 PM
MAINSTREAM IS OKAY, DON'T WORRY. I'm sure if it weren't for Pumped Up Kicks, there wouldn't be a lot of fans now! But yeah, welcome to the club. We're in a tree house in my back yard right now, obviously.

First order of business...have you seen this? :D It's such a weird video. Not the weirdest music video I've ever seen, but it ranks in there. I like it though. It's odd, but not too odd. You can...kinda get the point, if you watch it enough. Which uhh, I guess this would make the first topic, what do you think of the Helena Beat music video?

v/ABzh6hTYpb8&ob

-Jared-
September 8th, 2011, 07:54 PM
It definitely is odd. Very odd. And like you said, not the oddest music video I have seen, but definitely up there. It was funny though, because when I first watched it, I had my mom walking around behind me, so I was all *scroll down so she doesn't see...scroll back...switch tab...switch back* XD In the end, isn't it about some sort of after the end of civilization thing where this old guy makes adults younger or something? Or is it a metaphor for something...I dunno.

But I do like it, so it's not like I think it is a bad video or anything. The contrary, actually. XD

Hiidoran
September 8th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Username: Hiidoran
Favorite Song: Helena Beat, Pumped Up Kicks, Call It What You Want
First FtP Song: Yeah, that was Helena Beat. I was introduced to it back in March, and I think I listened to it about 50 or so times in one night. I just... loved it, and it's still my ringtone. :]

As for the Helena Beat video... it's certainly not what I expected from that song. I don't know, maybe it's because I already had a preconceived notion of what that song meant to me, and that completely contradicted it. XD It was pretty entertaining though! Kinda weird, but like Syd said, not the weirdest ever~

-Jared-
September 9th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Username: Hiidoran
Favorite Song: Helena Beat, Pumped Up Kicks, Call It What You Want
First FtP Song: Yeah, that was Helena Beat. I was introduced to it back in March, and I think I listened to it about 50 or so times in one night. I just... loved it, and it's still my ringtone. :]

As for the Helena Beat video... it's certainly not what I expected from that song. I don't know, maybe it's because I already had a preconceived notion of what that song meant to me, and that completely contradicted it. XD It was pretty entertaining though! Kinda weird, but like Syd said, not the weirdest ever~

Welcome to the club Hiidoran! And holy crap, best idea ever, maing an FtP song my ringtone. I must do that. :0

Maple Leaf
September 9th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Username: Yo Face Here
Favorite Song: Pumped Up Kicks, Houdini, Helena Beat (It's so hard, I don't know. ;~;)
First FtP Song: Pumped Up Kicks

The Helena Beat music video was certainly...interesting. I liked watching it. <3

Xyrin
September 9th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Username: Xyrin
Favorite Song: Warrant, Helena Beat, Pumped up Kicks, Waste
First FtP Song: Helena Beat (Syd told me it was the best so I should try it out first.

Ugh I love this band so much! I just downloaded their album today, listened to it and fell it love. Then I decided I NEEDED it after I saw the CD at Barns And Noble. n_n Now the CD is mine. The disk is... Orange!

Alli
September 9th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Aww Larry, I'm so glad I didn't even have to force you to join! Welcome, bby! And welcome Yo Face Here and Xyrin! Glad you stumbled upon this thread.

SO TOMORROW...I am going on a long trip to the football game, and I plan on listening to Torches...a lot. :D And maaaybe I can get some of my friends to listen. And become FtP fans. Yup. Sounds like a good plan, right?

Oh. -updates member list-

-Jared-
September 9th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Aww Larry, I'm so glad I didn't even have to force you to join! Welcome, bby! And welcome Yo Face Here and Xyrin! Glad you stumbled upon this thread.

SO TOMORROW...I am going on a long trip to the football game, and I plan on listening to Torches...a lot. :D And maaaybe I can get some of my friends to listen. And become FtP fans. Yup. Sounds like a good plan, right?

Oh. -updates member list-

Good plan, good plan. And you are authorized to use force to convert them if necessary, right? XD

And welcome Yo Face Here and Xyrin! Glad to have you here!

Xyrin
September 9th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I have been listening for about 2 hours so far. It's pretty awesome.

I can't wait for their next album! Does anyone know when it will come out?

Sometimes I wanna disappear!

Alli
September 9th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I converted Razor Leaf to Rihanna, My Little Pony, and Foster the People. I can get people on my bus to like FtP, if they don't already. No sweat.

Xyrin, Torches just came out this year. I'm not expecting another album til 2012 or 2013. :x That's the difficult thing about newer artists. When they only have one album, you eventually get tired of the same songs, and you don't have any other albums to listen to, so yeah. I recommend looking for live performances, acoustics, and covers by them when the time comes that Torches isn't enough for you anymore. They have some songs not on Torches by the way.

Love (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m64lLZUzJg)
Chin Music For the Unsuspecting Hero (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0WMaTw6QpA) (B-side to Torches, iirc)
Downtown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMw_HuTSQAI)
Broken Jaw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTfXeO3Jm2s)

These are all I know of at the moment. There's apparently a song called Kids they have, and a Weezer cover (forgot the song title), but I haven't found them. If you have, feel free to post them! If I find them, don't worry, I'll rush right on in here. lol However, Kids (which I saw listed on Last.fm) could just be a misunderstood Pumped Up Kicks (some people think it's called Pumped Up Kids so?), which caused it to be listed. Just dunno.

/ramble and unnecessarily long post

Xyrin
September 10th, 2011, 05:48 AM
I converted Razor Leaf to Rihanna, My Little Pony, and Foster the People. I can get people on my bus to like FtP, if they don't already. No sweat.

Xyrin, Torches just came out this year. I'm not expecting another album til 2012 or 2013. :x That's the difficult thing about newer artists. When they only have one album, you eventually get tired of the same songs, and you don't have any other albums to listen to, so yeah. I recommend looking for live performances, acoustics, and covers by them when the time comes that Torches isn't enough for you anymore. They have some songs not on Torches by the way.

Chin Music For the Unsuspecting Hero (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0WMaTw6QpA) (B-side to Torches, iirc)

These are all I know of at the moment. There's apparently a song called Kids they have, and a Weezer cover (forgot the song title), but I haven't found them. If you have, feel free to post them! If I find them, don't worry, I'll rush right on in here. lol However, Kids (which I saw listed on Last.fm) could just be a misunderstood Pumped Up Kicks (some people think it's called Pumped Up Kids so?), which caused it to be listed. Just dunno.

Okay. I wasn't sure when it came out. I'll check those out. Thankies.

-Jared-
September 10th, 2011, 07:38 AM

Long post is goooood. XD Also, I don't know if anyone else feels this way (and I hope you guys don't consider it blasphemous. XD) but I hope when the next album comes out, I won't only like one or two songs off it. :<

Like, my brother introduced me to Arctic Monkeys, and I like most of their songs on the album "Favorite Worst Nightmare". Then "Suck it and See" came out, and I only like Library Pictures. >__> I really hope that doesn't happen here. :< Anyone else worried about that?

Alli
September 11th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I'm not too worried about that really. There are other artists I like (that have an accumulation of albums already), and I'll listen to one album and then another, and they'll be different, but I'll still like them. I recently downloaded a different Mars Volta album, that everyone claims to be the worst (and the other album I had been listening to was their two acclaimed best albums). I personally find nothing wrong with the "bad" album. I think it's really good. So, in regards to FtP's next album, I don't think I'll end up hating anything on it. Didn't happen when Kings of Leon released Come Around Sundown last October either, so yeah. Not worried. :)

That in mind though, I don't like when fans are all like "ohh hurr hurr this album sucks I wish they'd do what they did in the (insert first album here) days" That is SO annoying. And I have a feeling we'll have those Foster the People "fans" in the future saying "they suck now Torches was the best hurr hurr." Maybe it will be the best, but artists grow and mature over time. If they didn't change over time to some extent, all bands would be Nickelback. No offense to anyone that likes them...they have a few select good songs. lol

-Jared-
September 11th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I'm not too worried about that really. There are other artists I like (that have an accumulation of albums already), and I'll listen to one album and then another, and they'll be different, but I'll still like them. I recently downloaded a different Mars Volta album, that everyone claims to be the worst (and the other album I had been listening to was their two acclaimed best albums). I personally find nothing wrong with the "bad" album. I think it's really good. So, in regards to FtP's next album, I don't think I'll end up hating anything on it. Didn't happen when Kings of Leon released Come Around Sundown last October either, so yeah. Not worried. :)

That in mind though, I don't like when fans are all like "ohh hurr hurr this album sucks I wish they'd do what they did in the (insert first album here) days" That is SO annoying. And I have a feeling we'll have those Foster the People "fans" in the future saying "they suck now Torches was the best hurr hurr." Maybe it will be the best, but artists grow and mature over time. If they didn't change over time to some extent, all bands would be Nickelback. No offense to anyone that likes them...they have a few select good songs. lol

I hope that's the case with me...>__>

That happened with Gorillaz. A lot of people wanted the Plastic Beach album to be exactly like the Demon Days album, and there were lots of arguments about it. XD I liked them both, so, like I just said, I'll hope the same thing happens with FtP. XD

Meganium
September 11th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Username: Meganium90
Favorite Song: Helena Beat

Hi Syd. I joined your club finally. :D

Omg... Foster the People, man. Cubbie Fink is my hubby, he's so CUTE! I know I have Pontius as my avy--okay, I'll admit, I love both Cubbie and Pontius. xD

I JUST bought their Torches album...it's been playing so much in my car since I bought it. :D

Alli
September 11th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Welcome welcome, Megan! :) Glad you finally showed up! And lol, they're all hotties. Can't deny that.

I wish I had a CD player in my car. I remember when I saw Torches at Target, and I was like "Oh wow, Foster the People's CD? What's that doing here?" since indie music is hardly ever there. That in mind, indie music hardly ever tops the charts, if not ever. FtP has done indie good<3 Well...I think. I don't think indie kids want their music to be on the radio lmao. I'm happy about it though.

ALSO: Cubbie is a cool name.

Maple Leaf
September 12th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Username: Meganium90
Favorite Song: Helena Beat

Hi Syd. I joined your club finally. :D
Hey, Megan! Welcome! ^_^

Omg... Foster the People, man. Cubbie Fink is my hubby, he's so CUTE! I know I have Pontius as my avy--okay, I'll admit, I love both Cubbie and Pontius. xD
I'm Cubbie, that's why. ;D

I JUST bought their Torches album...it's been playing so much in my car since I bought it. :D
I don't have the album yet. :( But no worries, YouTube works well!
I agree with Syd. Cubbie's a great name~ <3

I have nothing else to say. :/

Alli
September 12th, 2011, 05:30 PM
I wonder if Cubbie is a nick name for something, haha. I don't know many people that'd just name their kid Cubbie. Sounds out of the blue...plus that's a noun. A cubbie is where elementary students put their backpacks and stuff during the school day. XD;

-Jared-
September 12th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I wonder if Cubbie is a nick name for something, haha. I don't know many people that'd just name their kid Cubbie. Sounds out of the blue...plus that's a noun. A cubbie is where elementary students put their backpacks and stuff during the school day. XD;

So his cubbie was labeled Cubbie? XD

Alli
September 12th, 2011, 06:25 PM
...Wow that must have been awkward at school for him omg. "Cubbie, put that in your cubbi-- ...ummm compartment..." lol :( I think I'mma try to look up and see if that's his real name. Cause like...I still think it's a nickname...but idk, last.fm usually has full names listed, and it does say Cubbie Fink, not like...Cubbulous "Cubbie" Fink. Is Cubbulous a name?

-Jared-
September 12th, 2011, 08:16 PM
It totally should be XD

Maybe it's a nickname for Jacob? I dunno. Maybe his parents just wanted something different. XD

Alli
September 13th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I thought of a topic on the way home from school!

What do you want to be the next single?
I think Call It What You Want, Houdini, and Colors On the Walls have the best single potential. There's something about Houdini that screams "please put me on the radio" so I'd like to see it out there. But I mean, I'm happy with anything off the album really. BUT WHAT WOULD BE GREAT...is if Chin Music For the Unsuspecting Hero was the next single. But it's a b-side, so that won't happen. Plus idk, it doesn't feel like it should be a single, but at the same time, after the upbeat stuff, it'd be nice to have a mellow song like that be out. But that won't happen, so I'll stick to the other three I said. :P

Also...after doing some reading around, this is (apparently) the next single. Please post your response to the topic and then click the spoiler though. :P

Colors On the Walls (Don't Stop) :D

-Jared-
September 13th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Personally, since Miss You is like, one of my favorite songs EVAR, I want that to be the single, so I can hear it on the radio. I know it may not scream "Be on the radio", but I don't care, I love that song. XD

Awwww, I wanted Miss You. >__< Oh well, that's a good song too. ^__^

Alli
September 13th, 2011, 09:20 AM
OH HEY. Remember I was looking for that song Kids? It's apparently just a mellow version of Colors on the Walls. It's still really good though. You can check it out here (http://www.last.fm/music/Foster+the+People/_/Kids). Now. To figure out how to get that in iTunes...

I think I'm on the verge of becoming an FtP stan just saying guys. ;-; lol

shenanigans
September 13th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Username: Razor Leaf
Favorite Song: Pumped Up Kicks (lol) or Call It What You Want. I tend to swing between the two, really. Should explore some of their other stuff though.
First FtP Song: Pumped Up Kicks! Sydian linked me to it and I was like OMG I KNOW THIS SONG and got their album and yeah. B)

Alli
September 13th, 2011, 10:16 AM
WELCOME LEAFU. Finally. :) Yes, their album is great.

Pictures from behind the scenes of the next single's video! Courtesy of Mark Foster via Twitter~

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg44/scaled.php?tn=0&server=44&filename=9prj.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Cubbie looks so manly. What were you doing, Mark?

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg734/scaled.php?tn=0&server=734&filename=nwbe.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Cubbie really looks like a cop. Pontius should never grow a stache. :)

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg640/scaled.php?tn=0&server=640&filename=yyehw.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Mark looks like Kip from Napoleon Dynamite js. Pontius is like Gallade in this. Or is that just me?

Maple Leaf
September 13th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Regarding the Cubbie Fink topic, I read "Jacob" somewhere, but I can't trust Tumblr. :(

Ahh, those are some great pictures! :) In other news, I set FtP as the background on my school computer.

Xyrin
September 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM
What do you want to be the next single?
Either Warrant or Waste. Two awesome songs right there.

Darn! But I really do love that song. Really upbeat.

Pictures from behind the scenes of the next single's video! Courtesy of Mark Foster via Twitter~

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg44/scaled.php?tn=0&server=44&filename=9prj.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Cubbie looks so manly. What were you doing, Mark?

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg734/scaled.php?tn=0&server=734&filename=nwbe.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Cubbie really looks like a cop. Pontius should never grow a stache. :)

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg640/scaled.php?tn=0&server=640&filename=yyehw.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Mark looks like Kip from Napoleon Dynamite js. Pontius is like Gallade in this. Or is that just me?

Looks pretty awesome. Pontius shave that thing!

I think this is from Warrant. Or maybe Houdini. Or something new all together. : \

Oh hey. I got another topic too. The music video for Helena beat is good. But honestly it doesn't go with the lyrics. Today I was thinking about something I saw on Youtube. The comment was "I thought Helena Beat was about drug abuse" and I though. Oh. That makes so much sense.

I took a sip of something poison but I'll hold on tight
Sounds like he's drinking. It makes so much sense. I think the director just made up the part about the kids and stuff cause that really doesn't make sense to me.

[b]What do you think Helena Beat is about?[/s]

Alli
September 13th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Xyrin, those pics are from the next single. lol I'm not gonna say it though, since I don't think everyone has read what the single is, but you just found out so. :P

I was reading an interview about the meaning of Pumped Up Kicks (linked on Twitter if you wanna see it, I'll link again later maybe!) and Mark stated that the songs from Torches take the point of view from outcasts and underdogs (which really shows in Chin Music For the Unsuspecting Hero). He also said that he loves to write about different characters, so most of their songs are not really his point of view on things. I think that's a great and unique perspective and he just went up in my book...if that's even possible. haha. Link here: http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=22941

What do you think Helena Beat is about?
Not being Hollywood biggots, methinks. "I tie my hands up to a chair so I don't fall that way." I thought the poison was a dose of fame. :x

SOMETHING HILARIOUS XYRIN LINKED ME TO ON TWITTER OMG CLICK LOLOL (http://christwire.org/2011/07/foster-the-people-a-new-homo-gay-agenda-propaganda-hipster-band/)

wcdaily
September 13th, 2011, 06:37 PM
I heard of the name before, but earlier today I listened to some music by them, and all I have to say is... This band is amazing, I've only just recently liked them, but it's a relativity new band, so that counts right?

Also, this band is the kind of the stuff I would expect to hear on radio paradise. Realizing it's never been played on radio paradise I was kinda disappointed, hopefully soon though.

Username: wcdaily
Favorite Song: Pumped Up Kicks
First FtP Song: Helena Beat

Alli
September 13th, 2011, 06:46 PM
They formed in 2009 actually, but they didn't really get popular or well known till this year. So I mean, unless you're a super hipster, you had no way of knowing about them prior to this year. Welcome aboard, first non-supporter to join the club! XD Never used radio paradise myself, actually. Also yay, someone else whose first FtP song was Helena Beat. :]

Also guys, I've decided that after we get about 10-12 members and reach 3-4 pages, I'll assign someone to be co-owner. :) Doesn't really grant you much though, except moving up in the member list and having a different symbol by your name, unless I can think of something else in the meantime...XD; But yeah, thought I'd let you know. I haven't ran a club in a long time, so I'll be sitting here on my throne thinking of nifty things to post and discuss and such in here.

-Jared-
September 17th, 2011, 08:00 AM
SOMETHING HILARIOUS XYRIN LINKED ME TO ON TWITTER OMG CLICK LOLOL (http://christwire.org/2011/07/foster-the-people-a-new-homo-gay-agenda-propaganda-hipster-band/)

That...that better be parody. XD That is so freaking weird!

I heard of the name before, but earlier today I listened to some music by them, and all I have to say is... This band is amazing, I've only just recently liked them, but it's a relativity new band, so that counts right?

Also, this band is the kind of the stuff I would expect to hear on radio paradise. Realizing it's never been played on radio paradise I was kinda disappointed, hopefully soon though.

Username: wcdaily
Favorite Song: Pumped Up Kicks
First FtP Song: Helena Beat

Welcome to the club, wcdaily! So you started off on Helena Beat? How'd you hear that before Pumped Up Kicks? XD

Also, maybe a slightly controversial topic! Not really, but anyways.

Is there anything you DON'T like about Foster the People?
The only thing I kinda don't like is that my two favorite songs, Miss You and Cal It What You Want, both end rather suddenly. I don't like when a song just STOPS, so while I love those two songs, it just bugs me that they kinda just stop. >__> Anybody else think that way, or is it just me? XD

Xyrin
September 17th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Welcome to the club, wcdaily! So you started off on Helena Beat? How'd you hear that before Pumped Up Kicks? XD

That's what I did. I never heard about FtP or anything until I saw you guys going crazy about it so I asked Syd what are their best songs and Helena Beat was there so I listened to it first.

Helena Beat. That's their best. Then Love, Pumped Up Kicks, and Houdini.

So I listened to those!

I just realized I didn't listen to love... BRB.

Alli
September 17th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Is there anything you DON'T like about Foster the People?

I agree with Pikapal omg. I thought there was something wrong with my versions of the songs because they ended abruptly. XD But that's not really a beef with the band. As of right now, I can't think of something that I absolutely don't like about FtP.

Don't worry, I think that was written by overzealous crazy people. :3c

-Jared-
September 17th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Actually, on the site, there is an ad or something at the top for their book, and it has an endorsement...from God. I am moderately certain that the site is a parody site. XD

Nuke
October 16th, 2011, 05:09 AM
As if there is a FTP fan club. :D I get the feeling Pumped Up Kicks will be the only thing to get in the charts in the UK ever sadly.

Sign-up Form
Username: Nuke
Favorite Song: Helena Beat & I Would Do Anything For You
First FtP Song: Pumped Up Kicks, not hipster :P

-Jared-
October 17th, 2011, 06:20 PM
As if there is a FTP fan club. :D I get the feeling Pumped Up Kicks will be the only thing to get in the charts in the UK ever sadly.

Sign-up Form
Username: Nuke
Favorite Song: Helena Beat & I Would Do Anything For You
First FtP Song: Pumped Up Kicks, not hipster :P

Lol, you saved the club from being "dead" just in the nick of time, lol. XD Anyways, welcome to the club! Let's hope it doesn't just die again >__>

Also, LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND It is awesome. xD

maZuT3uR-gM

Nuke
October 28th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Lol, you saved the club from being "dead" just in the nick of time, lol. XD Anyways, welcome to the club! Let's hope it doesn't just die again >__>

Also, LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND It is awesome. xD

maZuT3uR-gM

Doesn't seem to be going well in that respect.

If only we could get the fifa fans (call it what you want) to join. :P

Maple Leaf
October 28th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Welcome to the club!

Late, but how about that performance on SNL? Did you guys like it?

Alli
October 28th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Klippy sent me that vid a few months ago. Amazing performance. :) And actually, I didn't catch the SNL performance. Anyone care to post? /lazy :3c

Welcome to the club, Nuke! -edits first post-

Maple Leaf
October 28th, 2011, 05:38 PM
yn2r48o0bs8

SoCq40j2LR4

I can't see why people were complaining, tbh. Mark's unique, not awkward. :/

-Jared-
October 28th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Welcome to the club!

Late, but how about that performance on SNL? Did you guys like it?

Klippy sent me that vid a few months ago. Amazing performance. :) And actually, I didn't catch the SNL performance. Anyone care to post? /lazy :3c

Welcome to the club, Nuke! -edits first post-

Oh I loved the SNL performances. xD Mainly because it's Foster the People of course I'll love them. xD But also because their second song, Houdini was tweaked a bit. You can what I mean here:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/foster-the-people-houdini/1361095/

And, here is Pumped Up Kicks:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/foster-the-people-pumped-up-kicks/1361091/?__cid=thefilter

Enjoy! :D

EDIT: Dang it, ninja'd. xD Oh well, I will leave the links in case those get taken down off Youtube or something. xD

Alli
October 28th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I am not even half a minute in on the Pumped Up Kicks video and Mark is just making me smile and laugh. <3 And yeah, really. What is awkward about this performance? I love watching him do his lil white boy dance moves. I'm glad he's comfortable enough to move around while singing. I know I can't! XD But really, if anyone found him awkward, then well, I think that separates the real fans from the Kicks fans. ;) Besides, I have seen STRANGER performances. So really, there's nothing weird or awkward about this at all. I quite like it. He's being him, and that's all that matters! mark let's get married now

I'll watch the Houdini one later. My internet's being a bugger. >>

...oh wow i can really talk about that guy can't i lol v///v

-Jared-
October 28th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I am not even half a minute in on the Pumped Up Kicks video and Mark is just making me smile and laugh. <3 And yeah, really. What is awkward about this performance? I love watching him do his lil white boy dance moves. I'm glad he's comfortable enough to move around while singing. I know I can't! XD But really, if anyone found him awkward, then well, I think that separates the real fans from the Kicks fans. ;) Besides, I have seen STRANGER performances. So really, there's nothing weird or awkward about this at all. I quite like it. He's being him, and that's all that matters! mark let's get married now

I'll watch the Houdini one later. My internet's being a bugger. >>

...oh wow i can really talk about that guy can't i lol v///v

You should have watched the Houdini one first then. xD It;s the one with a little something extra. ^__^

And no worries, I would gush about Cubbie, but I don't feel like typing all that. xD

Alli
November 1st, 2011, 05:34 PM
GUYS OUR CLUB NAME HAS A VIDEO. And it's probably their BEST video. It's seriously amazing. And Mark is sexy. But it's just...wow. There's SO much going on. It really suits the song.

v/1prhCWO_518

What do you think of the Call It What You Want video?

-Jared-
November 1st, 2011, 05:52 PM
Finally! I saw their teaser video on Youtube, so I have been waiting for this like, all day. xD

All I can say though, so far, is...I dun get it. xD Is it supposed to be about the crazy life of a celebrity? Anybody else wanna give it a shot? xD

Alli
November 1st, 2011, 05:57 PM
I think...that is the point. Interpret it on your own...and...well, call it what you want!

Meganium
November 1st, 2011, 06:22 PM
Hi guys, I forgot about this club. xD

I saw the video earlier today and it's sooooo amazingggg. I think I like this one better than the previous two. :D

Also, I gave this to Syd via twitter, but might as well share with the other PC FtP fans. :D I grabbed a few screenies from the new video (http://photobucket.com/fosterthepeoplerocks). Honestly, there was more Foster & Pontius than Cubbie, which was like... the only sad thing for those who love Cubbie. xD

-Jared-
November 1st, 2011, 06:32 PM
I think...that is the point. Interpret it on your own...and...well, call it what you want!

That there is some bona fide genius. xD

Hi guys, I forgot about this club. xD

I saw the video earlier today and it's sooooo amazingggg. I think I like this one better than the previous two. :D

Also, I gave this to Syd via twitter, but might as well share with the other PC FtP fans. :D I grabbed a few screenies from the new video (http://photobucket.com/fosterthepeoplerocks). Honestly, there was more Foster & Pontius than Cubbie, which was like... the only sad thing for those who love Cubbie. xD

Like me? xP Those are some good screens! Like, sig/avy worthy ones. xP

Alli
November 1st, 2011, 06:37 PM
Mark is in a robe and Pontius is shirtless. v///v I...can deal...without Cubbie...if we have that going on in the vid. lol Great screenies, Megan. :) Already using one~ I'm not as good with sigs though, so I think I'll just keep what I have for now.

btw, totally using lamp shades as megaphones from now on.

idlemino
November 12th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Username: idlemino
Favorite Song: Call It What You Want, Pumped Up Kicks
First FtP Song: Call It What You Want
:)

Nuke
November 12th, 2011, 05:37 AM
As a big fan of Gaga and FTP, I was pretty glad to see that FTP have remixed Edge of Glory for the born this way remix album so I thought I'd make you all aware in case you didn't know and actually care. :P

I was going to say I'm just waiting for someone to stick it on youtube but it seems to have been done. Not totally sure if legit but what the hell... Enjoy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpIrUatJDfc). If it is real then its very different to what I was expecting but still pretty damn awesome.

I also thought the CIWYW video was fairly weird, I guess we'll be getting used to videos like that though.

shenanigans
November 17th, 2011, 11:56 PM
I certainly HAVE NOT got tickets to see them on Friday in London.

It'll be awesome and I will take lots and lots of photos and etc.

-Jared-
November 18th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Really? REALLY? You lucky son of a gun. >_<

Yes, lots of pictures are mandatory. No pictures means getting kicked out of the club xP

shenanigans
November 18th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Really? REALLY? You lucky son of a gun. >_<

I KNOW RIGHT. Someone just came up to me randomly earlier and was like "yo ftp next friday?? the person i was going with dropped out" and my heart flipped over.

Yes, lots of pictures are mandatory. No pictures means getting kicked out of the club xP

Ofc. Although it's not in a club lol, it's completely legal for me to be there. Afaik.

Anastasia.R
November 26th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Ohai! I hope it's cool to join, seeing it's not over a month old. =]

Sign-up Form
Username: Anastasia.R
Favorite Songs: Houdini, Call it What you Want, Life on a Nickle, Waste, Love, Miss you, Helena Beat

I basically loved the album once I heard Pumped up Kicks on the radio. ^..^ I wanted to see if there was more songs like it, but in return, I GOT MORE AWESOME SONGS! And ... I find Cubbie attractive. XD I actually drew him, but not that well. I wish it was a little better, but practice makes perfect. =]
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/327/1/a/1a39a883fe39c723343f81ee9ae61630-d4h4fx1.png (http://musicalcombusken.deviantart.com/#/d4h4fx1)

-Jared-
December 8th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Ohai! I hope it's cool to join, seeing it's not over a month old. =]

Sign-up Form
Username: Anastasia.R
Favorite Songs: Houdini, Call it What you Want, Life on a Nickle, Waste, Love, Miss you, Helena Beat

I basically loved the album once I heard Pumped up Kicks on the radio. ^..^ I wanted to see if there was more songs like it, but in return, I GOT MORE AWESOME SONGS! And ... I find Cubbie attractive. XD I actually drew him, but not that well. I wish it was a little better, but practice makes perfect. =]
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/327/1/a/1a39a883fe39c723343f81ee9ae61630-d4h4fx1.png (http://musicalcombusken.deviantart.com/#/d4h4fx1)

I basically loved the album once I heard Pumped up Kicks on the radio. ^..^ I wanted to see if there was more songs like it, but in return, I GOT MORE AWESOME SONGS! And ... I find Cubbie attractive. XD I actually drew him, but not that well. I wish it was a little better, but practice makes perfect. =] And ... I find Cubbie attractive. XD I actually drew him, but not that well. I wish it was a little better, but practice makes perfect. =]And ... I find Cubbie attractive.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/162/317/2vA1a.png?1313349760 (http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/162/317/2vA1a.png?1313349760)

Ahem. Anyways, welcome to the club Anastasia! :D Glad to have you here! Hopefully we'll be more active, lol. Maybe we will when Razor Leaf manages to get his pics back from the concert he attended. ^__^

And that is a good drawing! Great job! :D

ALSO: Foster the People released their new video for Don't Stop recetnly, herer is the link to it:

Don't Stop Video (http://www.fosterthepeople.com/us/news/dont-stop-color-walls-video)