PDA

View Full Version : "Gosh, change your usertitle already!"

Yuri Lowell
September 8th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Plenty of people on PC are real into making good use of their avatars, signatures, and user titles. Some people slap something random into theirs, and others spend a few hours changing theirs to look *~*beautiful*~*.

Whatever the case, some people keep the same ones for months at a time, or maybe even a couple of years. Likewise, some also change theirs every three hours.

Does it bother you when someone goes forever and a day without changing their theme, or bother you if they change it too often? Maybe it irritates you enough to rave at your computer screen, or maybe you don't care much either way? Or maybe you envy them?

Zorua
September 8th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Nah. I don't really care so much if people don't change their themes and whatnot. To be honest, it bothers me a lot that I can't change my theme into something that I'll stick with for a long time. x_x; I'm very picky on the kids of themes that I'll use, so if anything, I'm only half-bothered that I change my own theme too often, I think. xD;

Kenshin5
September 8th, 2011, 09:59 PM
I am indifferent to it. If they want to change their personal settings as much as they want more power to them. I personally have had the same usertitle since I first edited it three years ago. I usually change my avy maybe once a week or every two weeks. If the persons personal preference changes too something else then go with what you feel.

PlatinumDude
September 8th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I don't care if someone changes their usertitle often; I hardly ever change mine because I can't think of anything good.

Mariah Carey
September 8th, 2011, 10:09 PM
As long as the theme the person changes to isn't glaringly bad, I have no problem with it. But, since I'm perfect and never lie, I must confess that if someone changes to a great theme which is clearly better than mine I will silently rage and hate them for a day.
Good for you if you manage to stay with a theme for a long period of time, because I can't :(

Forever
September 8th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Does it bother you when someone goes forever and a day without changing their theme, or bother you if they change it too often?

<-- points to username and usertitle.
I don't know if that was intentional but I find it amusing, lol.

But yeah I'd rather if people kept their themes for a while rather than a short time because it helps me identify with them better. I mean sure change your profiles all you want buuut avatars/signatures, idk, I can think of users now and just think of their avatars/signatures I remember were most related to. I intend to keep my theme for a while, so I guess that's given me that sort of mindset of recognising users better.

Toujours
September 8th, 2011, 10:15 PM
<-- points to username and usertitle.
I don't know if that was intentional but I find it amusing, lol.

Based on the title, I don't think she likes your usertitle. :P

It doesn't bother me either way, but I always have one theme that I associate people with no matter what theirs is, lol. I love changing mine a lot but I don't really care if you never change.

If you have all the profile options and leave your profile completely default though, that annoys me for some reason. xD

moments.
September 8th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Things like avatar and signature I prefer when they stay the same, at least for a little while, because like Nica said, it is easier to identify people and stuff. Usertitle, I honestly don't even really notice them, unless it is staff and all colourful and stuff, so that doesn't really effect me.

People who change too often / not enough don't really bother me though, sort of eh. :P

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 9th, 2011, 12:07 AM
tbh I don't really mind when ppl change their themes 'cause it's non of my business. o3o

Oh and I really admire Signomi's theme. It's so pretty and she drew it herself. ;A;

Ctrl.Alt.Geak
September 9th, 2011, 12:37 AM
To be honest I dont care. It really doesnt bother me. I sometimes find it easier to identify users by their avatar/signature, but its not like I will have a breakdown if they change it.
Plus I guess it would be hypocritical if I were to complain since I havent changed my signature since I first signed up heh. If I were better at art I think I would continuously change everything.

...I do love your signature, Drew :)

Avishka
September 9th, 2011, 01:07 AM
I don't care if someone changes their usertitle often; I hardly ever change mine

Yoshikkko
September 9th, 2011, 01:15 AM
I think it bothers me more when people change it a lot, than when they keep it for a long time. I most of the time associate people with the theme I first saw them with, and when they change it over and over again, I can't keep a clear image of what they are like. Maybe that sounds strange, but I think it works like that for more people. Either way, it doesn't really matter that much to me, it's just confusing sometimes.

I changed my avatar a lot in the beginning, but that was because I was trying certain things out, and seeing what I liked, and I think I'll stick to this one for a while, knowing me though, I'm going to change it again in a week or two. We'll see.

Truality
September 9th, 2011, 03:52 AM
I'm the type who usually changes their theme once every 20 days or so. But I like to keep my avatar for a long time because as someone already said, it helps others identify you easier.

I can't care less about what others do with theirs, though. That's their preference and their alone.

Hybrid Trainer
September 9th, 2011, 04:21 AM
I'm one of those who are guilty of keeping it for a few months ^-^'
I don't change my theme often but when i do i put a lot of effort into it. I clocked up around two hour on the current one x3

As for other people it bothers me more when people change their theme every other day than people who change it every few months. I personally use my signature and avatar to express what i like and when people jump from one thing to another constantly it makes them look kinda fickle :S
But like other people have said having a constant theme makes you easier to recognise ^-^

Kevin
September 9th, 2011, 05:11 AM
I don't really care about other people's themes. They can change it a day for all I cared. As for me, I usually change my avatar like... every week (maybe a few days). But my usertitle is always blank, since I like it like that.

Mr Cat Dog
September 9th, 2011, 06:32 AM
I don't care. Unless the signature is particularly obnoxious for a long time (i.e. rule-breakingly big/ridiculously colour-clashing), people can do whatever the hell they want with their themes.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 9th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Unless I really don't like a theme/signature/user title/etc., I really don't care how long they go without changing it. It's their choice after all. I change mine every couple months, but it's fine if a member doesn't want to change theirs. I don't pay much attention anyway :P

Sora
September 9th, 2011, 07:58 AM
It would be hypocritical of me to dislike it when people don't change my theme for a while, or if someone changes themes constantly. I've done both before and right now I'm not planning on changing mine (although sometimes it's tempting) for a while yet. As for my usertitle it's not changing at allllll. Least not for a long long time.

Centiflora X
September 9th, 2011, 08:25 AM
No theme, no maintenance. I just slap whatever catches my fancy and fits the size.

Esper
September 9th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I like seeing new avatars, themes, and so on. It keeps things interesting.

The only thing that bothers me are messy and/or difficult to look at themes. I especially don't like profiles with eye-burning colors where you can't read the text without highlighting.

Chikara
September 9th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I actually like it when people change their themes. I like looking at them and understanding a bit about the person owo
But then I get disappointed when one I like gets changed aha.

I change mine fairly frequently, but the shape and style of my theme stays basically the same.

Saryka
September 9th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I get thrown off if someone changes their theme, especially if it'd been a while since their last theme change, because I tend to recognize someone for their theme. Like, I'll recognize a certain theme and be like, "oh, that's so-and-so" before I even look at their username. Theme changes just throw me off. D: But it keeps things fresh, too, so I don't mind a whole lot.

Gold warehouse
September 9th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I don't care. People can do whatever they want for them, as they do these things for themselves, really. I have themes that I like to look at, not what I expect other people will enjoy.

Although I must say I do get interested when someone has a theme that I like, because it's rare to see.

The Sly Fox
September 9th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I don't mind that at all, its up to them when they want to change their stuff.

Raizhu
September 9th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I don't care if they change their theme or not, it doesn't matter to me.
I change my theme at random times. Right now it's Spirit Tracks.

Pikapal642
September 9th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Heh, I once kept a theme for at least six months, and one of my friends was telling me "Hey, when are you gonna change your theme?" "When I feel inclined to." XD So, it doesn't bother me at all when someone doesn't change for a long time. In fact, it makes them more recognizable, so I kinda like it when someone keeps a theme for a while. ^__^

Sammi
September 9th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I haven't changed my avatar in over a year (maybe a year and a half now?). I haven't had a banner in my signature for longer than that. My usertitle is the most recent thing but I've had it since at least April I think.

Yeah, I sit on my stuff forever now. @___@

People that change them too often or don't touch it in years don't bother me in the slightest. What they do with their stuff is their business. It takes getting used to when someone who's had a theme for ages changes it, because after so long I just associate that theme with them, but it's only a day or two of adjustment tops.