View Full Version : Dream Job

The Last One
September 9th, 2011, 8:33 AM
My dream job is to become a Marine Biologist living somewhere near the Florida keys, and I just wanted to know what everyone elses dream jobs are

Noah Ridgewood
September 9th, 2011, 8:59 AM
I'm interesting in writing a book, and I'd like to think one day I'd get a book series I write published that would eventually be made into a movie with myself being actively involved in writing the screenplay. I'm not looking for fame or anything like that (but a verified Twitter account would be pretty boss). I just find it absolutely stunning bringing an idea to life through pages and images. Maybe I'm just too impressionable after obsessing over Harry Potter for so long?

In the meantime, I'd probably be writing anyway as a journalist.

September 9th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I actually have 2 dream jobs.
I would like to become an author or a journalist of some sort because of my love of books and writing stories and such. I have also started to write short poems as well. Also, I've been targeted at getting a A*, A or B in my English GCSEs which I'm taking a year early (In May next year and I'll somewhat STILL be 14...)
Anyway, I'd also like to be a language teacher or tutor of some sort, depending on what full languages I learn as I only know a little Japanese here and a little French there...But, I'm really interested in learning Japanese, Russian and Chinese ^^
Another language aspiration of mine would be to teach some English over in Japan (even as an assistant teacher or something...).

So, I would like to do something with languages or become a journalist/author. ^^

September 9th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I'd like to be an author; I'm already working on that. =P
I also want to do some animal-related job; I know that's extremely unspecific, but I'm still unsure of what exactly I want to do.

Gold warehouse
September 9th, 2011, 11:20 AM
My dream job is to become an accomplished musician. I'd be a profilic artist, branching into post-punk, industrial, ambient, britpop, rock and metal. I'd independently release my albums and offer them online for a price that can be chosen by the purchaser.

I would also love to become an accomplished writer, I've written a number of short stories and poems. But alas, I am far too shy to ever show them to anybody.

I know both of these won't become a reality, so I don't pursue them.

My realistic dream job, is to just have a job that I love. I don't care how much I earn, money is not important. I just want to do something that makes me happy. I would love to work in a record store, or tea store.

September 9th, 2011, 12:49 PM
singer/songwriter + collab. w/ lady gaga♥

September 9th, 2011, 2:36 PM
I want to become a math/algebra or history teacher for high/middle school students.

September 9th, 2011, 2:43 PM
For about five years (wow, I didn't realize it was that long until I counted the years), my aim has been to work my way up to becoming a well known actor. I'd eventually like to branch off into being a singer / songwriter and take my dancing skills to a professional level, but my main aim has been an aspiring actor since I started high school and got into the drama department. I'm not looking for the fame or the millions, although that would be pretty neat being a common household name, but acting is generally something I enjoy doing. To portray myself as another character, think like them, think about what they would do in such a situation, and play out their actions to entertain an audience with cool visual effects in films is something I enjoy doing and would love for it to become my main profession.

I sort of wish I was sure of a second career choice as I am with acting, just so I have something to fall back on, but at the moment I'm still conflicted as to what I would like to study in college other than acting / theater.

Weeaboo Name
September 9th, 2011, 2:51 PM
I'd like to be a middle school teacher, high school kids are too annoying.

Ephemeral Euphoria
September 9th, 2011, 2:57 PM
Realistically I'd like to be part of the military, otherwise I'd like to be either a teacher, bounty hunter or assassin.

Above all I'd love to be a fighter pilot.

September 9th, 2011, 3:53 PM
I've always wanted to be an astronaut, but I think I might be better off with just studying the stars from Earth, since it takes training to go to outer space.

September 9th, 2011, 6:04 PM
My dream jobs are as follows:
1. Super inventor
2. Secretary of Defense or Secretary of the Interior
3. High-level politician
4. United Nations Ambassador
5. Ruler of a small country
6. Lawyer
7. Epidemiologist

September 9th, 2011, 6:10 PM
My dream job isn't a very specific one to a company or something, but I'd love to be a software engineer in an internet-related company, because those are generally fast-paced, modern, and fun. I'd like the balance between the technical career and a social atmosphere at my workplace.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 10th, 2011, 1:20 AM
I have 3 dream jobs xD; I want to become an investment banker in Credit Suisse or United bank of Switzerland (UBS for short), I want to be an Architect because Maths+Art is fun and last but not least I want to be a makeup artist. xDDDD;

September 10th, 2011, 1:31 AM
My dream job is to be an Illustrator for Children's books and another dream job I want to be as well is an animator.

September 10th, 2011, 1:49 AM
My dream job has been one from the very beginning. I want to draw comics/animations for Disney. It's hard to pursue, though, seeing as we currently stand in our country, in our family.

I really hope I'll do it in the future, though.

September 10th, 2011, 1:53 AM
Heck it's a dream of mine to be an Audio Engineer and work for a high up music label. Though gonna take that as a post grad because I also have dreams to be an electrical and software engineer as well xD

September 10th, 2011, 3:43 AM
I'm not really too fussed, anything in the film / television industry would be amazing! If I were to get specific as to what I'd like, something like a director / editor / cinematographer for movie trailers / music videos. Another branch off that would be specifically working for Disney, so like a Disney movie trailer (then any of the above options).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 10th, 2011, 8:45 AM
Any cushy office job where I get to sit at a desk or in front of a computer and don't have to do any real physicalm activity and get paid lots of money doing it. CEO or CFO would fit perfectly, and CFO would tie in to my finance degree.

Barring that, maybe a college professor or something that would keep me on a college campus. Having spent so many years attending school, I've grown to like the college environment and wouldn't mind working in that kind of situation.

Freddy Fazbear
September 10th, 2011, 9:02 AM
I want to someday move to Europe, and be an acomplished metal guitarist with my current band. After a while of that, I want to move back to America and be an author/poet.

September 10th, 2011, 9:08 AM
A journalist. :)

Anywhere in the media as a reporter/journalist would be wonderful really and it's the only career I see myself having unless PPN starts to pay us for our efforts on PC.

Currently taking journalism/broadcasting at uni so I'm on the right track to get there!

September 10th, 2011, 11:28 AM
A game/software developer probably is and will always be my dream job.

September 10th, 2011, 2:32 PM
It was to become a biologist of some sort (Herpetologist or Marine Biologist) but then after studying their pay, and how much I'll actually be working in the field, I changed to wanting to become a cardiologist. But main point, if I could make money in the biology field, I'd become one.

Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog
September 11th, 2011, 5:58 PM
What I really want to do is start my own computer company. If that doesn't work out, I have a few back up plans, including being a lawyer, travel agent, computer programmer, or working at NASA. Or just some office job, I'd be pretty happy with that if all else fails.

Honestly I don't really care that much about the money. It just so happens that most of the things I enjoy doing pay really well.

September 11th, 2011, 6:07 PM
A job which I can do from anywhere around the world would be nice, don't really care what it is

September 11th, 2011, 6:20 PM
A software programmer, though I would love it if I had a chance to work for microsoft and earn even 1/1000th of what Bill Gates earns. (who wouldn't? :P)

Pic below related, just for bit of humor

Harley Quinn
September 11th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Don't judge me ok
I've always wanted to work at Disneyland, it's my childhood dream. The sights, the sounds, the experiences. I've never been there myself, but to me it really is the happiest place on earth. I guess it would get boring after a while, but I don't plan to work there forever. Just a year or two? That'll be enough to live my childhood dream and get a decent amount of money.

My dream, serious job would be a journalist in a newspaper in New York. I can't explain my desire for this to come true, I can't. It's just...the job for me.
I could always fall back on being a ~psychologist to the stars~, but I don't think that would fulfill my need to express myself and report on the world, unlike what being a journalist would do.

September 11th, 2011, 11:48 PM
My dream job would be something involving either my love of sports or video games, or possibly both. Right now I'm planning on taking courses like marketing and e-commerce to help me get into the business side of these industries, but I don't really have any certain job title that I'm dead-set on following.