PDA

View Full Version : Do you 'celebrate' post milestones?

moments.
September 10th, 2011, 04:55 AM
So the topic of importance of number of posts is always frivolous and controversial but this is one I never understood...

So we know that some people think post count is important, and some people think it has no weight on anything, so the question is:
do you think celebrate post milestones?
Like, on your 1000th post, did you include "yay 1000th post" in the actual post? Also:
did you save a milestone post count for an important / special post?

And if you do, include whether you think post count is important, just because I think a lot of you post these comments even though you say it isn't important.

As for me, I am just over 3000 posts, and didn't even realise I made that 3000th post and didn't even think of it being special or worth celebrating... Also, people who make a post, realise it is a milestone, delete that post and then don't post anything until they find a special place to have their milestone post. I never understood why people think it is so important enough to save it / delete or edit posts to accommodate it...

Truality
September 10th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Also, people who make a post, realise it is a milestone, delete that post and then don't post anything until they find a special place to have their milestone post. I never understood why people think it is so important enough to save it / delete or edit posts to accommodate it...Ι haven't heard of that ο.ο

No. My personal post count means nothing to me. Be it 1000th post or 666th post or 1337th post or whatever. HOWEVER, I tend to look at others' post count because it's a way of telling how much they've participated in the community/how much they lurk.

And, of course, I'm not planning to save a special post for my 1000th post or something. I'd only celebrate my birthday and/or anniversary on the forum.

Mew~
September 10th, 2011, 05:15 AM
I always do feel a sense of accomplishment whenever I reach a certain amount of posts, I guess it just shows I've contributed a lot to the community. But yeah, not sure about celebrations n' what not. I wouldn't mind whatever that milestone post was to be honest.

Kevin
September 10th, 2011, 06:17 AM
When I got 1,000 I was pretty happy. But nothing big for my 1,000th post (as far as I'm sure). Same for 2,000 posts. I was happy, but didn't really mention it that much, and my 2,000th post was nothing big either.

Xyrin
September 10th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Don't really care. Post count means nothing.

Oryx
September 10th, 2011, 06:38 AM
I look at it and acknowledge it, maybe mention it on irc to my friends, but I won't put it in the post or anything. It gives me a twinge of pride to see my count finally getting up there where I don't look like I just joined, but not enough for me to actually celebrate it.

Alli
September 10th, 2011, 06:50 AM
I don't celebrate. I notice post milestones and might mention them (usually after I've passed them though lmfao). I think I was happy about 10000 though, cause obviously, that's huge and proves I need a life. lol </3 I got Kaori to screenshot it for me iirc...

Aaaand, looking at it, I only posted to get to 10k and say "LOOK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!" but I can't post the screenshot, cause it's in a secret place. I can, however, show you post 9,999 from me...

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj273/SilverSmeargleSplatter/14ujew4.png

oh look foster the people lyrics, before everyone knew about them! /hipster

Sodom
September 10th, 2011, 07:09 AM
I usually put a little Size 1 thing in my posts when I reach a milestone. I think I did one for each hundred up to 1000, but i'll stop now until I get to 2000 lol. I did look around for a special place to put my 1000th post, and in the end I settled on the RSE Speculation Thread, which was both where I did my first post and the entire reason I joined PC in the first place.

Talli
September 10th, 2011, 07:50 AM
On other forums I am on I'd edit the post with something like: party time goal has been reached.

shenanigans
September 10th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Oh, I made this thread a while back. Nice to see it again. x)

Anyway nah I don't really bother. it's just a number of posts on a forum and imo really nothing worth celebrating, especially since there are probably a fair few in no-PC sections so I have no idea when I really meet 1000. I don't even have post counts turned on as a postbit element so I'd probably miss when I hit 1000 posts or something.

snowman4686
September 10th, 2011, 08:06 AM
lol all i want is 15 posts so i can use links in my trade threads, not too bothered on post counts though :/ just a number really

Pyrax
September 10th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I'd minorly acknowledge a milestone I've reached. Postcounts don't really matter to me now, compared to when I first joined.

Esper
September 10th, 2011, 02:17 PM
It was fun when I got to ones like 777 and the year I was born and other numbers that mean something somewhere else, but it was just something I chuckled to myself about without making any big deal about it.

Venusaur♣
September 10th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Every time I reach another thousand posts I celebrate by buying expensive liquor and going to eat at Olive Gardens while partying until midnight. It's pretty fun.

I could care less about my post count nowadays.

PlatinumDude
September 10th, 2011, 02:57 PM
I used to celebrate post counts, but now I don't do it as much because I might end up breaking a rule here.

Cassino
September 10th, 2011, 04:49 PM
do you celebrate post milestones?
No.

did you save a milestone post count for an important / special post?
No.

Arbitrary numbers don't pride me, just having 'a lot' of posts does.

Harley Quinn
September 10th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I like pointing out if I've got to a certain point, but do I care about post counts? No. Quality over quantity, people.

marz
September 10th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Post milestones are the only thing I have to look forward to in life. Of course I celebrate them.

YESSSSS 2,718TH POST

Maple Leaf
September 10th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Do you celebrate post milestones?
No, I don't care at all. I like posting at least once every day, but not for the post count.
Did you save a milestone post count for an important / special post?
Nope, and I never will. :3

Drew
September 10th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I get a sort of "Oh nifty!" type feeling when I pass every 1000th milestone..

WELL, if I notice them.

Some of them have passed by and I didn't even notice until it was about 300 posts later.

Axeliira
September 10th, 2011, 08:19 PM
The only time I celebrated my post count milestone was only when I reached my 1000th post. That was it. I didn't celebrate my 2000th post, because my 2000th post was a greeting, so gotta keep the celebration on twitter. xD

I do screenshot the milestones, though. I'm just lazy to post them here. lol

Kenshin5
September 10th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Every time I reach another thousand posts I celebrate by buying expensive liquor and going to eat at Olive Gardens while partying until midnight. It's pretty fun.

I could care less about my post count nowadays.
Sounds like a plan, Never Ending Pasta Bowl going on so it's the perfect time to hit 13k.

And I could careless about a number on a forum. Doesn't make me any more better than the next guy with a lower post count. Just shows I have been around for some time and amassed about 3K posts.

Jeremy
September 10th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Well sweeties, I usually don't because I'm pretty sure that 90% of posts go the following:

"Well sweetie..." [insert ONE line of the actual topic] [Kawaii filler] [Random emoticon]

And well, I don't feel that's much an accomplishment if that 1000 times. XD

Sammi
September 10th, 2011, 09:10 PM
The most celebrating I'd do is edit my post going "X post", if that. That's about it. These days I hardly even notice my postcount, so I'm pretty sure I miss most of my milestones.

I do have a screenshot saved of my 666th post, though (http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=796&pictureid=5357). It should be the only postcount milestone I have saved. Those were different times. XD

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 10th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Yes I even made a blog post when I reached 666th post oh and look, my post count right now (before I post this reply at least) is 1234! o/

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9995/screenshot20110911at301.png

Forever
September 10th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Ever since my 16,000th post, I've made every 1000 since in Black and White. Don't know why but it's become a tradition. Otherwise I have no clue what my post count is @ any other time.

I care more about my posts per day than post count because I don't want to be inactive, so I use posts per day as a judge. :x

King Gumball
September 11th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Every time I reached a 100th post (like my last post lol) i usually put a strike through it 2100th post or put it in small letters. I don't know why I do it, just seems special XD

zappyspiker
September 11th, 2011, 01:30 AM
I go to the store and buy a tube of ice cream every time I reach a new 100 posts - and I don't share :d

Not really, I mean I reach 1000 several times in different forums so it seems all the same for me. Probably when I reach 10,000 I will finally feel accomplished xD

Toshiro.
September 11th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Not so much celebrate, but feel sort of good in a way. But only on big milestones, like 1,000 or 10,000 xD

Sora
September 12th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Not really. It doesn't help that I don't even have post count showing on the side anymore, so even if I did hit a milestone I wouldn't know it unless I checked my profile, haha. ;^^

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 13th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Just got my 7,000th post last night and all I did was put "7,000th post" at the bottom of the post. That's the extent of my celebrating post counts nowadays, though I seem to recall doing more in the past.

Maybe I should treat myself to a fancy dinner every 1,000 posts xD. Any excuse not to put up with home cooking is good :P

Graceful
September 13th, 2011, 07:08 AM
I never really bother, but if it's something like 1999, I usually will print screen it because the "..999" usually amuses me for some reason.

River
September 13th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Since I'm so far away from any milestones at the moment, I suppose I have plenty of time to think of what I'll do :3

Although I'll probably just printscreen it and create an album for postcount achievements that, months from now, I will forget even existed and forget completely about my postcount, missing several milestones, and when I do finally realize it, I'll be all: "Oh, hey, I've posted more than 10,000 posts! Where did those 9,000 come from? Huh. Oh well, it's just a number. *walks away*" So yeah. Let's see if my prediction comes true~

Banjora Marxvile
September 13th, 2011, 07:59 AM
I'm definitely wanting to celebrate my 5000th post, as that is my own personal target. If I ever get it...

Althea
September 13th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I occasionally celebrate privately if I notice, but quite often I don't notice, and I've gone two or three posts over before I realise that I've hit a certain number. xD

I've never put a note at the bottom of my post or anything like that, though...after all, my post count will go up, and it just looks a little random to me if I come back to it...which I'd probably never do anyway, so it seems kinda pointless to me~

Hikamaru
September 18th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Yes I do, I always celebrate a posting milestone.

Young4Ever
September 21st, 2011, 09:05 AM
Well,although I haven't reached any here in PC yet;
I like to celebrate milestones by editting them and then putting something like "Yay!XXXth post ^_^".I generally celebrate 100th,500th,1000th and multiples of 1000 ^_^
Although some broken numbers like 777 or 12345 are also celebrated my me ^_^

Vrai
September 21st, 2011, 10:14 AM
I don't celebrate them as much as get tired of the other numbers. I had like 1,300 posts for aaaaaaaaages and eventually it got me to post until I broke 2k (and I kept posting until I hit like 2400 and then I slowed down a lot). I might be weird but after seeing a number so often it just gets boring to me and I'm actually really excited to see myself with 3k posts though I do have a ways to go ;;

Patchisou Yutohru
September 21st, 2011, 12:42 PM
Eh, no. In fact, for me, the higher my post count gets, the more I'm reminded of what an active social life I have. lmao.