PDA

View Full Version : Your ideal bedroom

Gold warehouse
September 10th, 2011, 09:34 AM
As the title says. You can be as descriptive or vague as you wish.

I personally would like a room styled in a semi-old-fashioned way. Lots of wood and outdated patterns. I would enjoy a soft double bed with lots of pillows. A mahogany desk and chest of drawers. A chandelier. And I would like the fleur-de-lis to be used somewhere.

The wallpaper I am not sure of, as long as it suited the rest of the room.

Colours I am not particularly picky. But I would enjoy either navy blue, emerald green or cream/light brown colours.

YOUR TURN

Xyrin
September 10th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Modern huge room go! I want a dark grey and orange room. I want a large flatscreen TV and a nice computer. Along with one of those fancy modern beds and a modern couch.

Esper
September 10th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Big, four poster/canopy bed made of some nice, dark wood. More dark wood for the floors and some nice rug over it in the center where the bed can be. Some white walls and a large bay window overlooking something nice. Lots of pillows on both the bed and bed and maybe some extras lying around just because. I'd need lots of bookshelves all over the place and probably a writing desk. Wood, again, because it looks great. Oh, and probably a couch and few chairs just so I have other places to sit.

I'd either want everything to have lots of warm colors (reds, oranges, yellows, and maybe some violets) or cool colors (violets, blues, greens, and maybe some yellows).

Edit: Totally forgot I need a giant walk-in closet. Those are amazing.

Owl
September 10th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Well, my bed room is about 15x16 ft. so I'd like it to be bigger. Much bigger. And I'd like it to be decorated, possibly some posters here and there, ornaments, CDs I've collected, etc. Also what Scarf said, a nice dark wood dresser and such would be nice. All topped off with a hardwood floor.

PlatinumDude
September 10th, 2011, 02:52 PM
My ideal bedroom would be same as my old room except that it would be a lot bigger, giving me more space to put my Lego collection. I'd also have a flat screen TV in front or on the side of my bed.

wcdaily
September 10th, 2011, 03:09 PM
I would have it the same as it is, all I need is my computer, bed, dresser, and bookshelf.

Sammi
September 10th, 2011, 09:19 PM
First off, I want floors that aren't carpet. Wood would be awesome, but tile works too. (Tile floors tend to get really cold in winter though.) I've been in bedrooms with both of those floorings and I liked them better than carpet. Easier to sweep than it is to vacuum, and easier to clean up any spills and such.

Second, walls that aren't white. I'm torn between pink, orange, or brown, though. Something along those lines. There'd be posters on the walls, so it wouldn't be so bare. Of what, I don't know, besides my National Novel Writing Month poster I already own, and this whiteboard I have. It'd also need at least one window, so I could get natural light, in theory. Knowing me I'd have the blinds shut all the time anyway.

Third, decent furniture. What I have now works, but I'd like a bigger and sturdier desk, probably made out of wood. A dresser to put my clothes in (in theory). Some endtables, too, so I have more room to put stuff. Also, that way I woudln't have to use a storage bin as a bedside table! and I'd need a bedframe; I like my mattress on the floor but if I was going to have proper furniture I'd want a proper bed, too. Right now it doesn't bother me because the furniture in this room is either really cheap or not really furniture.

Finally, a decent-sized closet. It'd be more for stuffing extra stuff in than for hanging up clothes.

Now I really wish I could make this happen, but all the places I've had my own bedroom, they've been rented. So no dream setup for me. :(

Saryka
September 10th, 2011, 10:03 PM
My ideal bedroom would be really, really clean.

I guess it'd be a tad bigger, so I'd have a little more room for my piano than I already do. Also, I would have hardwood floors instead of carpet (it looks better and it's better for my allergies). Ummmm, other than that my room's pretty ideal as it is. There's not a whole lot I'd change about it, except maybe I'd clean it more often. XD;

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 10th, 2011, 10:46 PM
My ideal room would be a little bit bigger than it is right now with black wallpaper instead of pink ones and Carpet floor instead of wooden ones. :DDDDD

Zeroblivion
September 10th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I would like a big bedroom, with a big bed and a big TV set, also 2 computers and an XBOX, PS3 and WII consoles.
If in the future, I would get a floating, fluffy bed or maybe a glowing bed with rough and soft pillows.

zappyspiker
September 11th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Well obviously a room that is a lot bigger than my current one xD
I want wooden floors or nice carpet floors because the ones I have know are brown and disgusting.
I'd like blue carpet and I like the carpet to be flat and not 'fluffy'. Large clear windows which have a great view of the ocean. I want those nice wooden blinds to go with the windows (cause if I didn't I could haz some creepy stalkers)
As for a bed, I'd keep it the same - double bed with Manchester United beddings xD, four pillows - soft and fluffy.
I'd move my Piano to the corner of the room with a drum set and my guitar. Desk against the wall on the opposite side.
It'll be a fold out desk so that my Mac stays in one position and I can slide a table out and put laptop on it.
Bookshelf that's attached to the wall and goes from one end of a wall to the other.
Also add a flat screen to the wall across from my bed.
And I always wanted a balcony outside my room.

Yea... my room is sorta plain atm xD

Kevin
September 11th, 2011, 05:53 AM
A room that's bigger than the one I'm in at the moment.
I'd like a window bed.
The walls would be a dark silver/gray.
A big bed (queen size is good enough for me).
TV in front of my bed, with a computer at the side.
A dresser on the other side, next to a shelf of stuff/books.
My piano keyboard somewhere in the corner.
...Did I forget anything? Probably maybe.

Ink Heart
September 11th, 2011, 01:54 PM
My ideal bedroom? *grabs a list*

First off, I want it bigger than my current room, which is too small for moi! Dx

Secondly, wooden floors. I like those light colored wood that I still don't know the name, haha. Carpet works fine as well, but I prefer wooden, for you know.. easier clean up. xD

Third, a bigger bed. :> At least maybe Queen size? I also want a large window which has a nice view of the place.. :> And a small window, but I'll just probably close the curtains on both. x3

Fourth, colors. Me, I naturally would prefer light black.. But, maybe with a kind of wall paper design like idk.... something that has the colors of the aurora, which is a lot. xD Of course, I also like light blue, if I can't have that.

I want a flat screen in front of the T.V. :3 and even if I do have a laptop already (placed on the bed, at most).. I want a computer at the side, for gaming and those software that require a lotta ram. Then I want my Wii console placed neatly below the flat screen (floor?), along with a cabinet filled with my consoles (DS, PSP) and other stuff for gaming.

For my small pleasures in life, I'd want a walk in closet since that would be so cool. xD I'd like a bookshelf as well, placed at the side of the room, with a couch, beanbag and a small table. x3 For my instrument, which is a guitar and a keyboard, I'd place it... somewhere where it belongs? XD

Lastly.. I want it air conditioned, and a balcony. :P

A long list, but.. that's prob. not all of it. XD

Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog
September 11th, 2011, 06:17 PM
My ideal room would be reasonably large, with avocado green floral wallpaper and wood floors. And a bay window would be rad too. I'd have a huge bed with lots of pillows and stuff, and a really nice air conditioner. And maybe a ceiling fan too. Oh, and I'd have a mini fridge. Preferably in green if I can find one.

I'd also have a few desks where I'd keep my old computer collection and my tape player. Which I'd have on all the time, of course, and I'd dance badly in there all the time.

I would hang up a bunch of stuff on the walls, like pictures of Michael Dell, Bill Gates, and Paul Allen, and some old computer advertisements. Maybe a few drawings too. I'd have all my travel souvenirs all over the room too. And I'd have a cactus on my desk.

And lastly, it'd be a total mess. xD I don't have the luxury of having a messy room... But I wish I did! There'd be old pizza on the floor that I'm too lazy to pick up, and all my clothes would be in a pile on the floor, underneath which there'd probably be more old food. I'd have a stockpile of empty Dunkin' Donuts cups on my nightstand. :P

Alli
September 11th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I want a big window where the SUUUUUUUNLIGHTTTTTT can shine down on me all cool like. I'd also like a taller bed with really fluffy blankets and sheets and stuff. And I'd like more Pokemon plushies to decorate the place. And I wouldn't mind a new table for my tv and consoles either. Preferably a black one, cause black is a sleek color and looks more modern. As for my walls. I'd like them to be either teal or fuchsia. My room right now is pink with blue and white stripes. It's okay, but it's so old that it's just taboo and ugly. I'd also like an airplane made out of root beer cans to hang from the ceiling. Yeah. And I wanna hang my wooden music notes from the ceiling too. OH and UMMMMM I waaaaant a light that, you know, turns on. My light switch turns on an electrical socket. I don't have a light bulb on my ceiling and it sucks for late night homework and stuff.

Ephemeral Euphoria
September 11th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Multiple huge closets, bean bag chairs, plasma flat screen, mini fridge, foam mattress, neon blue lights on the top that I can adjust to at any setting of light, and of course the lava lamps and the water tanks full of fish, frogs, and other exotic aquatic life.

Sigh, a man can dream.

Brendino
September 11th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Well, my bed room is about 15x16 ft. so I'd like it to be bigger. Much bigger.

I would kill to have a bedroom that big, mines only 8x13 ft. (I think it was originally an office before we moved in). I would just love to have a bigger room in general, because I hate that 40% of my room is being taken up by my bed alone. If I could have that, I could care less about how it looked. In a perfect world, I would also like my own bathroom, so I wouldn't have to share one with my sister, and I would like a study area where I could have a desk to work at.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 12th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Large sized bedroom, with entertainment center (HDTV, DVD?Blu-Ray player, stereo system, and all three main gaming consoles), lots of built-in storage areas, surround speakers, plush canopy bed, wallpaper instead of paint (which tends to go on unevenly anyway) with mini-fridge next to my bed. Photos of classic cars and posters with cute anime girls on the walls.

I'd also want a large desk with desktop computer and lots of anime figurines. Finally, I'd have the door with a heavy-duty electronic lock system and multiple lock chains and deadbolts to ensure my privacy. Also, no windows, just high-intensity lighting. I'd also like multicolored Christmas lights strung about as "decor" lighting. One of those disco mirror balls would be nice, too :)