PDA

View Full Version : 17 Year Old Tricks Hospital Into Thinking He's A Doctor

FreakyLocz14
September 10th, 2011, 10:07 PM
A 17 year old male apparently tricked a hospital's HR department into giving him an employee badge. He then had access to confidential records and performed chest compressions on a person having a heart attack, among other things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vvgc5rrolU

Mew~
September 11th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Sounds like one of those episodes you see in a sitcom. I can't see the video in my country. ;.;

Weeaboo Name
September 11th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I can't see the video in my country.

As long as nobody was hurt its all a good laugh I guess.

aruchan
September 11th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Human stupidity is boundless, you know.

.Fenris
September 11th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Here's the full story (http://www.clickorlando.com/news/29097933/detail.html) Wow, I'm not going there to get my arm stitched up again...

pokecole
September 17th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Wow that's just... cant even explain... LOL?

Guy
September 17th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Of all places, it ended up happening right here in Florida. Oh geez.

I give partial blame to the kid, and I give partial blame to the medical center. Starting with the kid, he's seventeen. He obviously knew what he was doing and if he got caught, then he should have known what sort of trouble he was going to get himself into. It's a small fraud act at best.

As for the medical center, they need better working staff and resources to check up on their employees' credentials and history as well as those who they're looking to hire. If a seventeen-year-old kid can gain access to all of their files, patients and pose as a working assistant, then that says something about the medical center. I will give them this though, if I saw Matthew Scheidt in person, I surely wouldn't have guessed that he was just seventeen.

vaporeon7
September 17th, 2011, 06:06 PM
This pretty much reminds me of an episode of Drake & Josh.

Edit found the plot summary:
Josh drops a barbell on his foot, but is afraid to go to a hospital. When he is forced to, Drake tries to get the attention of college nurses by impersonating a doctor. But he is a lookalike of a doctor due to arrive. Josh's doctor tells him to perform surgery in front of the nurses to demonstrate his ability. Josh interrupts, he also impersonating a doctor, and halts the surgery. Drake and Josh narrowly escape jail by jumping out of a window, when they are almost caught.

BareBones
September 17th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Well... I have to give some credit for the teenager for convincing him that he was a doctor. But I suppose after that I would also have to give him a lecture for doing what he did.

And also to the medical centre for being so easily fooled.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
September 17th, 2011, 07:50 PM

Josh drops a barbell on his foot, but is afraid to go to a hospital. When he is forced to, Drake tries to get the attention of college nurses by impersonating a doctor. But he is a lookalike of a doctor due to arrive. Josh's doctor tells him to perform surgery in front of the nurses to demonstrate his ability. Josh interrupts, he also impersonating a doctor, and halts the surgery. Drake and Josh narrowly escape jail by jumping out of a window, when they are almost caught.Looks like I wasn't the only one who saw the thread title and instantly thought, "Drake & Josh?"

BareBones
September 17th, 2011, 08:06 PM

Josh drops a barbell on his foot, but is afraid to go to a hospital. When he is forced to, Drake tries to get the attention of college nurses by impersonating a doctor. But he is a lookalike of a doctor due to arrive. Josh's doctor tells him to perform surgery in front of the nurses to demonstrate his ability. Josh interrupts, he also impersonating a doctor, and halts the surgery. Drake and Josh narrowly escape jail by jumping out of a window, when they are almost caught.

Oh! I entirely forgot about that episode. Yes, now that I look at it, it's remarkably similar.