PDA

View Full Version : they hatin'

shenanigans
September 11th, 2011, 11:15 AM
ok i'll stop now

Have you ever genuinely hated someone? Who was it and why, if you're willing to say? Do you hate someone now? Do you think someone has ever hated you, and if so, why and have you changed whatever the problem was?

Kevin
September 11th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I hated a whole lot of people. But there is this one person I just can't stand. They're always trying to fit in to my friends little group, but he just doesn't fit.

I don't think anyone has ever hated me, because I'm almost never annoying. I'm usually quiet in public.

Freddy Fazbear
September 11th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I'll be honest, hate is not something unfamiliar to me. I had some rough times in the past, and a lot of the stress and pain, physical and emotional gave birth to hate in the end. I don't have the same hate problems as I did 6 or 7 years ago, but hate isn't easy to get rid of once it's in your heart. Nowadays, I only really hate myself, cuz I can only see myself as a total failure now. I'm sure there's plenty of people who hate me, cuz I've stepped on quite a few people to get revenge on old enemies. I don't like to hate tho, and I try not to hate anyone anymore, except of course myself.

Althea
September 11th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I've hated plenty of people when I was younger, but now...eh, it's more of an indifferent contempt than it is actual hatred. People I dislike I regard as beneath me; hating them is a waste of my time and energy.

I imagine a fair few people hate me...that is their problem though, and not mine. I'm not really all that bothered by whether or not people like or dislike me, it isn't going to change anything~

Overlord Drakow
September 11th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I'll be honest, hate is not something unfamiliar to me. I had some rough times in the past, and a lot of the stress and pain, physical and emotional gave birth to hate in the end. I don't have the same hate problems as I did 6 or 7 years ago, but hate isn't easy to get rid of once it's in your heart. Nowadays, I only really hate myself, cuz I can only see myself as a total failure now. I'm sure there's plenty of people who hate me, cuz I've stepped on quite a few people to get revenge on old enemies. I don't like to hate tho, and I try not to hate anyone anymore, except of course myself.

You don't have to try and get rid of your hatred. There is another way. The basic principle is to harness your rage into a weapon of destruction without losing yourself within the blinding chaos. Ideally you would have full control of your emotions at all times. It's certainly easier said than done but if you can grasp this concept, you will transcend your former self! Such is the nature of true Darkness. Pure power at its finest.

-----------------------

As for myself, I don't think I've truly hated anyone. I know there have been a lot of people who have disliked me but I don't think anyone has truly hated me either.

Patatas Fritas
September 11th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Hate? No. Strong dislike? Yes. I've never had a reason to hate someone - Sure, there are a lot of people I really really don't like, but I don't hate them. I dislike them for various reasons but mainly just because I don't get on with them or they're not very nice xD
People have probably hated me/hate me now, that's their problem, I don't care I doubt I talk to those people anyway so if they hate me it's no skin off my nose.
I've tried to change things with people who don't like me before, it generally hasn't worked and we stopped liking eachother again. I don't want, nor have the time to try and change stuff. As I said - It's not my problem.

Graceful
September 11th, 2011, 01:23 PM
There is one person that I hate and it's this girl who tries to copy my friends with their bags and coats and clothes and then she lies about everything just to make it sound impressive. As she says one thing to one person and another to another person, such as "these boots cost me £25.00" to one person and "my sister gave me these" to another. She also slags me and my best friend off behind our backs and then accuses us of slagging her off...

Truality
September 11th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I've only hated one person so far in my life. That is my (former) uncle, and the hate for him developed by the years, after doing so many horrible things to my aunt and my cousins, and then entangling our family as well in juridical harassment.

I don't have anyone else and I hope I never will hate again someone like I hate that one.

As for dislike, though, there are plenty of punks in college that have a very bad mouth. I am intensely annoyed at people when I hear them swear, and especially when they refer to others' family members or even God. And...this happens a lot in Greece. Sigh~

Oh, I also think that there might be a few people that hate me-or used to, but that lies in the past. I haven't met them in ages.

Alli
September 11th, 2011, 06:51 PM
I don't have hatred for anyone. I have strong dislikes...but no hatred. Hate is a powerful word, and I don't think I could ever feel hatred for anyone.

Edit: Yeah. Looking at later posts in this thread, I just want to mention I dislike snotty spoiled brats.

Ephemeral Euphoria
September 11th, 2011, 06:56 PM
More like strongly disliking someone for me when I'm really irritated, like a few movers who trashed some valuables I had for about 7 years. Like I needed that of all things.

But about feeling hatred towards someone, I don't get mad as I get even more often than not.

22sa
September 11th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I hate all people who don't do justice, in both their speech and their actions

Alley Cat
September 11th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Hate is pointless. If you hate someone, you obviously care enough about them to be bothered. You have an out with me? I just stop giving a damn. I'm not gonna go out of my way to bother someone who I have a fall out with, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to avoid them either. Should we have to interact, then so we shall. Hate is love's cousin. It's better to just not concern yourself with them or what they are doing.

Hate is easy, love takes courage. If there is anything History has taught us, it is that the powers of love and good always prevail in the end.

God
September 11th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Hate? No, no. I'm not like that. Hate is much too strong to apply on someone that I dislike. Have I strongly disliked someone? Of course. But to hate them is just too much for me, it takes way too much effort. Thats not to say I've never wanted to hate someone, but I just can't bring myself to do it. To me, to hate someone is to truly never give them a chance to be good in your eyes. No matter what they do, you will hate them. So much energy must be put into that constant hate, that constant judgement that it doesn't seem worth it to me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 12th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Yes, quite a few people I've hated. Most of them on Serebii because those people over there were just plain nasty and insulting to me, for no good reason. Can't say I've hated too many people IRL though sometimes my parents really push my patience...

Blue Nocturne
September 12th, 2011, 07:08 AM
I hated my Economics teacher at school. Easily the most arrogant, rude, violent, uncouth, vile, patronising ass I'd ever met. He was also a simply awful teacher. His volatile nature earned him the worst reputation amongst the students and a few of the teachers. Even the nicest person I have ever met has said that she genuinely despised him. He shouted at new Year 7's pretty much as soon as stepped on the school grounds, hurled papers around the room, yelled down the corridors and even undermined other teachers authority. The thing I hated most about him was how unpredictable he could be because he let his mood affect his attitude in lessons. One day he'd be telling us all to shut up repeatedly before threatening to move us down a set, the next moaning at us for not contributing enough to lessons. I'm over the hate though, mostly because I almost single-handedly got him fired in the middle of last year by properly pushing him over the edge.

Other than him, I wouldn't say I really hate anyone. Though I have a strong dislike for a lot of people I meet. Most would call my contempt for most of my old school - which was full of loud, foul-mouthed idiots - hate, I call it mega-loathing.

Gold warehouse
September 12th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I used to as a kid. But true hate is something you really have to let go of when you get older, I think it's an important part of maturity. I strongly dislike many, MANY people but I always find a reason to explain their actions and give them at least a small margin of forgiveness.

I'm pretty sure I've been hated by a lot of people, but it's nobody I care about so it doesn't matter.

Esper
September 12th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Okay, I won't try to sugarcoat this. I've hated a lot of people before. This was mostly in my high school days when I raged at all sorts of things, but I really did genuinely hate a lot of people and wished them dead. I hope I don't need to say this, but that is a bad place to be in emotionally. I also had a lot of self-hate. I don't think that's what the question was asking for, but I think I should include it anyway.

When I think about it I now only hate people I've never met like rapists (at least I hope I've never met any) and anyone who commits inexcusable, inhuman acts like those people do. Even then it's not quite the same boiling, personal hate, but more of an abstract hate.

Actor
September 12th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I haven't genuinely hated anyone in my live. I do think that one day I will find someone I truly hate though.

Drew
September 12th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Do I hate anyone? No.. I'm one of those people who are all "Love your enemies", and I stay friends with my ex's, etc. = =; I believe that life's too short to really waste energy hating someone, when to hold such a strong emotion, you probably would've had to have liked them (or more) before hand. So for that matter, if you originally cared then why can't there be a way to change things and get that bond back to a stable point, instead of just hating them? :/ Worst comes to worst, I could stop talking to them, or break contact, but not hate. I can dislike people if they really do something to piss me off (which is rare), but sometimes even then I end up being okay with them somehow.

Crimson5M
September 14th, 2011, 02:09 AM
There are people I really dislike, but there is nobody that I hate.
Despite what people may say or do to me, no matter how nasty, I just find it really hard to hate people.

OriginGiratina
September 14th, 2011, 03:01 AM
especially this super duper annoying girl in my class. She's not mean and she didn't do anything bad but she's REALLY REALLY ANNOYINGGGGG @_@ First of all she talks when there's food in her mouth which is disgraceful. She spits when she talks (unintentionally, I guess? But it's still really disgusting o__o) She copies others' answers/homework, she follows me around, she talks about the most random sh!t ever, she fakes an English accent that sounds REALLY bad, she's really dumb, she's extremely ugly, she always wants attention, she always wants to work with me when we need to team up for something in sports class and I hate being teamed up with her because she's annoying and she sucks at sports, she thinks that I'm her best friend and she calls me 'Sister' which sucks because I don't want to have a sister as ugly as her. (The list goes forever and ever and eternity. -__-) OMG That also happened to me, an annoying classmate did almost the same things to me, he thought that I am his best friend and made me laughing stock to everyone around us every time my friends and I wanted to tell him to get the **** out (politely at start but you become mad after saying the same things over and over) and people thought I am crazy and annoying too every time he was near me. Ηe couldn't keep any secret safe and threatened every time I didn't want to do him a favor that he would tell my secret to everyone. I got rid of him and I don't care if he tells my secrets to anyone.

Aizuke
September 14th, 2011, 04:11 AM
To be honest, I've never really hated anyone. Yeah maybe I've "disliked" a few people, but then I don't really think or care about them anymore, therefore my feelings for them go neutral. And if they're not a major part of my life, then it's all good.

I don't see the point in going through life having a murder filled rage against someone, which is what hate means to me; Hate = I want to kill you. There have beens times where I've wanted to say to someone, "Oh go play in traffic." But all in all, really, I'm just too lazy to hold a grudge.

I guess.. Some people have or still hate me, online and in real life. I'm not really sure why though, but for some people I do. But it doesn't matter, it's not my wasted energy or mental status and I couldn't care less about them.

aruchan
September 14th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Considering my own emotional issues and potential/probable personality issues...

Yes, but mostly when they hurt me first. Like, currently I have hatred towards my ex-best friend (even though they're gone now and never coming back) and this narcissistic psychopath who is actively trying to steal my ideas and struggle with me. But I don't hate for... that long. *keeps lists*

2Cool4Mewtwo
September 14th, 2011, 06:12 PM
There are select group of people that I truly hate, but I won't mention them here.

On the other way around though, I get hate from some people on the internet because I'm such a troll on certain internet forums.

Noah Ridgewood
September 17th, 2011, 06:53 AM
I don't think I've ever hated anyone. I may say it from time to time, but that's usually what a lot of people tend to do when they're angry or are complaining about someone. Life is way too short to be spreading hate, even in small doses.

I hate to admit this but I hate tons of people. I hate my mom, I hate my little sister, I hate my English teacher, I hate quite a lot of ppl from my school, especially this super duper annoying girl in my class. She's not mean and she didn't do anything bad but she's REALLY REALLY ANNOYINGGGGG @_@ First of all she talks when there's food in her mouth which is disgraceful. She spits when she talks (unintentionally, I guess? But it's still really disgusting o__o) She copies others' answers/homework, she follows me around, she talks about the most random **** ever, she fakes an English accent that sounds REALLY bad, she's really dumb, she's extremely ugly, she always wants attention, she always wants to work with me when we need to team up for something in sports class and I hate being teamed up with her because she's annoying and she sucks at sports, she thinks that I'm her best friend and she calls me 'Sister' which sucks because I don't want to have a sister as ugly as her. (The list goes forever and ever and eternity. -__-)
I feel really, really bad for you. You sound like a very selfish, vain and judgmental person. I think you really need to organize your priorities in life.

Mr Cat Dog
September 17th, 2011, 02:03 PM
As stereotypical and bleh as this is probably going to sound, hating is such a strong word that I don't think I've ever really experienced it. When I was younger, I might have had intense feelings of dislike for certain individuals, but nowadays I just roll with the punches if people aren't treating me well. Hating doesn't really get you anywhere unless you express it, and even then it probably won't end well for you if you end up telling the people that you 'hate' that you hate them.

Snow Phoenix
September 17th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I hate my mother and my sister. I believe that I have every reason to and I plan on having nothing to do with them when I'm older ^-^ There are very personal reasons as to why. I don't mind speaking about them one on one, but I'm not going to blurt them out in a thread ;D

Raizhu
September 17th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I don't think I've truly hated anybody, but I do have strong contempt for several people.
As for anybody hating me.... I have no idea.

Signomi
September 17th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I tend to feel a cause for concern with people who can genuinely say they "hate" someone, as been reiterated many times in this thread, hate is a terribly strong word. But having dislikes and holding grudges is a part of human nature, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't have my gripes with certain people. But because people generally know me as a very easy-going person, they often give me bewildered responses when I tell them I might have fallen out with somebody.

I don't like holding grudges, but I have been bitter at individuals in the past because they either misjudge me or cut me off from them completely without giving me any reason why. It can be very frustrating, because without knowing the basis behind their actions, you can't help but see them in a negative light. But I can be open-minded about it and respect their reasons, after all, this isn't exactly a matter of life or death.

Not everybody can like me, I've accepted that a long time ago. And I have more important things in my life that deserve my attention than petty individuals, and because of that I haven't even thought about this subject for a long time until now.

Owl
September 23rd, 2011, 03:08 PM
There's this one person, who I've known for 8 years, and we have a general history of ramming heads and such. We've gotten into fights, physical and verbal, and we've bashed each other here and there so I'd say I hate him. Not to mention he left a pretty big scar on my chin thanks to his steel toed boots.

miju-kun
September 24th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Okay, I don't hate people but there are some people I absolutely despise:

- My Classmate: He is so annoying and he disturbs me. He also talks about wrestling all day long until school ends.

- My Two Classmates who are brothers: One licks shoes, the other one acts like a girl and always cry even though he's a boy. But both are disgusting, they also suck their thumbs even though they are not babies anymore.

Anyway, I don't hate a lot of people but I don't trust almost everyone I know.