PDA

View Full Version : Random Fact - World's Heaviest Woman at 700 Pounds

22sa
September 11th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Article link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2034839/The-worlds-fattest-woman-700-pound-California-woman-enters-record-books.html

Quote: 'I blame it on my genes': 700lb Californian woman enters the record books as the world's heaviest woman

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2034839/The-worlds-fattest-woman-700-pound-California-woman-enters-record-books.html#ixzz1XhmBmoLS

Has anyone read this article before?

She takes a strange shape indeed.

I'm at a loss of words though, anyone here have any opinion on this?

Alley Cat
September 11th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Genetics do play a role in your body fat, but there is a point when you can't blame it all on genetics. How could someone let themselves get like this? smh.

Look at her diet in some of the pictures. Yeah, it's genetics. You don't have to eat all that good dumbass. And she says she has food every 1-2 hours. The only thing causing that is being stupid.

Ephemeral Euphoria
September 11th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Damn that's not a camel toe, that's a camel head lol.

(Sorry I just couldn't bring myself to not say that out loud.)

If only I was half that weight right now though.

22sa
September 11th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Genetics do play a role in your body fat, but there is a point when you can't blame it all on genetics. How could someone let themselves get like this? smh.

Look at her diet in some of the pictures. Yeah, it's genetics. You don't have to eat all that good dumbass. And she says she has food every 1-2 hours. The only thing causing that is being stupid.:laugh:

Damn that's not a camel toe, that's a camel head lol.

(Sorry I just couldn't bring myself to not say that out loud.)

If only I was half that weight right now though.
You want to be half that weight???

Ephemeral Euphoria
September 11th, 2011, 08:02 PM
You want to be half that weight???

350 pounds isn't all that bad.

Alley Cat
September 11th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I'm like... 1/7 of her. It would take 7 of me just to match he weight on a scale. smh. She needs to get on a diet, hop on the treadmill. She'd lose a lot of weight quick. Then she should never let herself get like that again. Of course, if she's blaming it on genetics, I doubt she's gonna really put forth any great effort to change.

22sa
September 11th, 2011, 08:14 PM
350 pounds isn't all that bad.It would allow you to enjoy food much more, but you lose agility. Imagine the pain from just walking up the stairs!

I'm like... 1/7 of her. It would take 7 of me just to match he weight on a scale. smh. She needs to get on a diet, hop on the treadmill. She'd lose a lot of weight quick. Then she should never let herself get like that again. Of course, if she's blaming it on genetics, I doubt she's gonna really put forth any great effort to change.Ugh I hate exercise

1 hour on treadmill = 500 calories (approx?)

600 pounds of fat = 2200000 calories = 4400 hours on the treadmill

Don't know about her, but that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much to ask of me

Ephemeral Euphoria
September 11th, 2011, 08:16 PM
It would allow you to enjoy food much more, but you lose agility. Imagine the pain from just walking up the stairs!

You'd be bulky but not so big where going up the stairs would be impossible to you now, might take a little more effort but that's not much of an issue unless it's heavily straining you physically to the point where you could get a heart attack but that shouldn't be too likely provided you're not eating so much you gain 50 pounds the next day.

Forever
September 11th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I could never imagine getting that overweight, really. ;x

I do sort of hope that for other people that may be praising her weight, The Biggest Loser jumps onto this and uses this case to promote why they should change their lives and if they can get her down to the weight of even the average contestants on the show, then yeaaah. It's a sad story for her but the way her story is written just screams "future biggest loser promotional material" to me.

gl to her if she does intend to lose the weight on her own though :)

Sydian
September 11th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I'm at such a loss for words, it's not even funny. I can't even think of a witty response. Just...I...just don't...I can't even.

"Sex goddess"???????? I do, however, know a guy...that...would be all on that. That's the sad part. He immediately came to mind just then... -shudder-

Logiedan
September 11th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I'm at such a loss for words, it's not even funny. I can't even think of a witty response. Just...I...just don't...I can't even.

"Sex goddess"???????? I do, however, know a guy...that...would be all on that. That's the sad part. He immediately came to mind just then... -shudder-

I think that was the part where I started getting creeped out/disgusted.. though kudos to her for trying to lose weight. I don't even know what to say myself. x__x

Mariah Carey
September 11th, 2011, 09:10 PM
jenny craig must have nightmares about this woman

Look, she can blame genetics + an overabundance of food to an extent, but... in all honesty, she can only blame herself for her weight. When you get to a weight where you cannot turn over in your bed, you have serious issues. I'm sorry if anyone finds this offensive, but she needs to get up and do something about this. It's just sick.

'My mom was over 400 pounds and my dad over 600,' she said. 'I have eight siblings all which are over 300, except one'
...I....I....what....

Edit: On further reading, I see she's trying to lose weight. Thank god.

Oryx
September 11th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I considered my family one with an overabundance of food...we did celebrate with meals out, and encouraged to eat everything because anything thrown out was a waste of food. We were encouraged to play sports at a young age, but when it became immediately apparent that we were terrible at them and didn't like them, we weren't forced to. I don't exercise outside of normal walking. Still, at my most I weighed just over 200 pounds.

Obviously her weight can't be solely the cause of genetics. Once she reaches the age where she moves out of her home, she has the ability to work through this on her own. She should never have let it get this far, once you get over 200-250 pounds it's time to look into ways to solve it. Exercise more, eat healthier, whatever it takes to at least not gain more weight. In addition to going obviously to a nutrition expert that can help her safely lose weight, she probably needs to go to some kind of mental therapist to work through the issues that make her eat in the first place. Whatever they are, they probably won't be easy to do on her own, and without that kind of help she'll probably be back at her old weight in no time.

Alinthea
September 12th, 2011, 10:26 AM
'I blame it on my genes' - Maybe so, but genes don't make you 700 pounds, a lack of self control does this.

Esper
September 12th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Okay, this isn't about the woman in the article, but last week I saw something on TV about a different woman who was similarly overweight and unable to move around. She was working with a doctor who get her weight down to ___ (sorry, don't remember the exact numbers) so she'd be at a safe enough weight to go into surgery. She was told that she could die in just a few years without help and she really seemed shocked into action by that news, yet she was sneaking unhealthy food against her doctor's orders just a week later. That made me angry.

I just can't fathom how people let themselves get to the point where they can't even move, but then it's not easy to understand other people's addictions.

Shiny Celebi
September 12th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I cant understand how people let themselves get to 700 pounds. I understand liking food, but thats obsession and is seriously unhealthy. How can you get that addicted to food, that you become that obese. It scares me.

Mr. X
September 12th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Good god... What is that?

I laughed at the picture of this years records book. Bursting. Me loled.

Azure Rathalδs
September 12th, 2011, 11:49 AM
'I blame it on my genes'

Yeah, I'm sure that it's really your genes when you have a picture of you scoffing some fast food in one of the pictures.

waynesworldnot.jpeg

Awesome.
September 12th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I've always been skinny so I don't know people gain so much but that is way too much.

Also there's a fine line when it comes to genetics and having absolutely no self-control over what you eat. And this woman crossed this line.

Gold warehouse
September 12th, 2011, 12:06 PM
There is a psychological impact on this as well. I don't know about any of you people, but if I got to even half that weight, I would immediately take drastic measures to do something about it.
It's clearly not fun being that size, she says it herself, why would anyone choose that life? I just feel sorry for her, I can't judge her negatively. It really is no different to anorexia in my mind.

Everyone is so quick to judge. Everyone has their flaws, just because this woman's is more outlandish than others everyone immediately band wagons and just views her as a fat pig with no self control. Despite the fact not a single person knows her personally.

It's ****ing hilarious actually, everyone here is a nerd posting on a Pokemon forum; and I bet a good number of people here are overweight as well, yet they'll still judge others in the time it takes to snap your fingers.

Anna
September 12th, 2011, 03:18 PM
This article is actually kinda horrifying to me. I'm not quite 200 pounds and meant to be about 160, and it's just... I feel uncomfortable. I don't look my weight, but I feel that my body is not correctly sized and kind of unhealthy. And I hate it. I'm literally terrified about getting over 200 pounds. So I just can't imagine why someone would think it's okay to let it go this far. I can't see how they would ever be comfortable like that. I just... ugh. She should have at least tried to do something about it when she hit around 300 at least. It's just not healthy to be that weight. How could she think that was okay?

I'm glad she's starting to try now, though. But this may just be too little, too late... hopefully she'll lose enough to live relatively normally though.

Xyrin
September 12th, 2011, 03:27 PM
There was a man who weighed much more. He was around a thousand but then he got help from the doctors and is about 900 now.

That's horrible that she blames it on her genes. She's lying to herself really.

aruchan
September 12th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Nature and nurture probably played a part. I'm sure genetically she was prone to super-obesity, but the habits she learned and the way she lives contribute a lot as well. Blaming it solely on genetics is a pretty bad excuse, in my opinion.

Patchisou Yutohru
September 13th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Honestly, she's blaming it on her genes because she has some psychological conflicts. People have to take sensitive subjects like this with a grain of salt when someone puts entire blame like that on something. Like others said, you can only push that out there so far until it starts to become more than just genetics.

I am Dr. Phil.

2Cool4Mewtwo
September 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM
I'm not judging anybody or anything, as I'm bit overweight myself (around 26 BMI), but I did find quote below to be funny.

Mrs Potter had boasted that men think she is a 'sex goddess' and she has 'fantastic sex every day', but she now struggles with daily life and cannot turn over in bed or fit in her car.Yuck!! Seriously???

On the other hand, she's obviously not going to lose any weight if quote below is true. You just can't wish for stuff and just wait for it to happen without working for it.
Mrs Potter said that one of her problems is that she likes all foods, except sauerkraut and Brussels sprouts, and said she has food every one or two hours.

Kura
September 13th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Hope she reaches her goal weight.. especially for her son's sake.

G.U.Y.
September 13th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Being that fat and that stupid is really something to be proud of. Let's give her a round of applause.