PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon General Poll #20 - Most Forgettable Pokémon?

Oryx
September 11th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Pokémon General Poll #20 - Most Forgettable Pokémon

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/68/Spr_5b_433.png http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f4/Spr_5b_631.png http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/ad/Spr_5b_225.png

Alongside those unforgettable Charizards, there are the Pokémon that honestly...just don't tickle your fancy. Maybe you were playing the game and they didn't show up until late in the game so they didn't affect you, or you only watch the anime and they never made an appearance. These are the ones where you see their image and think, "Is that really a Pokémon?", or you can't remember their name although their sprite looks vaguely familiar. So which Pokémon to you, is completely forgettable?

Have an idea for the Pokémon General poll? PM Toujours (http://www.pokecommunity.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=258095) with it!

Bela
September 11th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Cresselia. It or one of the other post-game DP legends is often forgettable to me. There's just too many of them!

Ephemeral Euphoria
September 11th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Dunsparce, remember seeing it only once or twice in-game before.

Forever
September 11th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Parasect, Ledian, Pineco, Remoraid, Kingdra, Makuhita, Elektrike, Crawdaunt, Bagon, Kriketot, Luxray, Budew, Shieldon, Rampardos, Vesipiquen, Gabite, Trash Cloak Creature, Scoropi, Dusknoir, Nosepass Evolution, Chingling, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Sewaddle's Evolution, Crustle, Klang, Meloetta.

I'm surprised I remembered the names of the DPPT Pokemon (hopefully?) 'cause from battling I've learnt about a few others that I don't consider forgettable, yet... these ones are still forgettable. XD

(I had to look at sprites).

PlatinumDude
September 11th, 2011, 09:56 PM
I find Dunsparce, Heatmor and Magcargo rather forgettable because of not only of their mediocre stats, but because the latter 2 come in rather late in their respective games.

Hermione Granger
September 12th, 2011, 04:22 AM
I don't really tend to forget any Pokemon at all. They whip off my mind once in a while, but I can't forget them for the longest time. However, I would disregard a few Pokemon when it comes to a few choices. I don't really fancy all of them after all.

Truality
September 12th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Chimecho and Kanghaskhan.

The first one is the only pokemon I've never played with-up until the 3rd gen-and I just seem to forget about it all the time. The other one, well, it's cool but it slips away from me everytime somebody mentions it-and I go "huh? what was that again?"

I also had to google Kanghaskhan's name because I don't remember the spelling lol.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 12th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Ekans/Arbok, Sentret/Furret, Hoothoot/Noctowl, Grimer/Muk, Poochyena/Mightyena, Luvdisc, the "Pikachu-clone" Pokemon like Plusle and Minum, the fourth gen evos of earlier Pokemon (Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Ambipom, etc.) and most of the 5th gen Pokemon. Definitely Pokemon that I've not taken the time to get to know because I have no interest in using them.

Dunsparce is only somewhat memorable because I get angry whenever they use Glare on me...

gvgisdi
September 12th, 2011, 05:23 AM
I think I don't remember any Pokémon (except starters and some legendaries) from Sinnoh, though I've played Platinum a few times.

I also had to google Kanghaskhan's name because I don't remember the spelling lol.

It's spelled Kangaskhan, without that "h".

Truality
September 12th, 2011, 05:28 AM
It's spelled Kangaskhan, without that "h".
SEE? Even after googling it I forgot it so easily that I didn't write it down correctly.

Proves my point, I'm pathetic xD

shengar
September 12th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Most forgetable pokemon? lets see.....I think its Goldeen
Because whenever I try to memorize all generation 1 pokemon, I usually skip goldeen until I realized it.

Shining Raichu
September 12th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I think a lot of the middle-evolutions get overlooked. Lombre, for example, is a Pokemon I never think of. However, when I first saw this poll question the two thoughts that immediately entered my head were "Dunsparce" and "Combee", so those would be my answers :P

Ash
September 12th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Mothim

I don't know whyyyyy but I always forget that he exists (I have gotten better at remembering him) and just now I forgot about him before I was about to go look at the sprites because I knew there was a Pokemon I always forgot but (of course!) I couldn't remember what Pokemon it was! There are some other Pokemon that I forget from time to time, but Mothim takes the cake for me.

assassinjay1229
September 13th, 2011, 06:42 PM
The only pokemon I tend to "forget" is Azuril, I don't know why I just seem to forget it exists sometimes XD

=(^.^)=
September 13th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Umm...what was it again..dangit, I forgot D: *shot*

Buh yeah, a forgettable pokemon.. The closest one I can think of is Ivysaur. It's just kinda there. I never forget its name, but I pretty much neverrrr think about it. A few years ago, this'd go to Chimecho, hands down. I actually thought it wasn't a pokemon when my friend told me about it. I'd never had the patience to hunt for it on Mt. Pyre in Emerald. x3

Chiar
September 14th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Chimecho. It's horribly rare and not worthy of the search. Some other forgettable Pokemon are Shroomish, Combee, Lotad, Gulpin, Baltoy, Electrike, Surskit, and Tangela.

DoctorFred
September 14th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Qwilfish, Snubbel line, Relicanth, Cherubi line, Spoink line, Shuckle

Overall, I'd say gen II and III had the most fogettable pokemon.

Mew~
September 15th, 2011, 08:20 AM
http://pokedream.com/pokedex/images/sugimori/211.jpg?1306803310
Qwilfish. In my opinion, the most forgotten of them all. Though, when you look at Dunsparce n' what not, their not really forgettable, judging by how you all recall them. xD;

Esper
September 15th, 2011, 09:01 AM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e7/Spr_5b_192.png

Sunflora. I don't know if I've ever actually seen one in the games I've played, nor have I ever been tempted to take its pre-evolution and actually use it.

Zaspien
September 15th, 2011, 09:13 AM
For me it would have to be Surskit/Masquerain. It's odd because I used to have a short attraction to those two precisely because they were hardly used but that was a while ago (when Pokémon Emerald was still regarded as new). Now I've literally forgotten about them and it seems most people have, too.

7Mufasa7
September 15th, 2011, 09:30 AM
for me it would have to be
mr mime, skitty, delcatty, and chimecho.

Charicific
September 15th, 2011, 12:36 PM
My Most Forgettable Pokemons:

-Relicanth
-Fineon, Lumineon
-Tropuis, idk about you but I never cared to see this weird pokemon
-Bellsprout..its just...not right
-Many Bug Types including Pinsir, Ledyba, parasect, Spinirak, Wurmple, Yanma, Masquerain, Nicada and More...

-Dunsparce and Spinda...they are so dull
-Chatot
-Gulpin and Swalot
-Shelldar
-Barboach and Qwilfish

Wooo, I really need to take a break...there is more though xD

Frozen Flames
September 16th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Definitely that dang Dunsparce! I always forget Tropius; I mean it doesn't seem right that a Flying/Grass type Dinosaur that grows Bananas would be a Pokémon. Let's see hmmmmmm...oh yeah! I remember in Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team I would always forget Snubbull, but not Granbull. Hmmm...(lightbulb turns on) oh yeah and also Relicanth, Nosepass, Probopass Corpfish, Crawdaunt, Spoink, Grumpig, Surskit, and Masquerain. I know them it's just that I never think about them to much.

zoo3891
September 17th, 2011, 11:49 AM
I'd have to say Luvdisc, I've never used it before, and it's not all that useful. Also Volbeat/Illumise, especially Volbeat, due to it's rarity.

7Mufasa7
September 17th, 2011, 11:56 PM
I'd have to say Luvdisc, I've never used it before, and it's not all that useful.

lol ive never even caught a luvdisc before xP or seen 1 in game. lol

poopnoodle
September 18th, 2011, 04:01 PM
i want to say farfetch'd. he was actually my favorite growing up but he seems forgotten by everyone else. i can't really explain why. this is a terrible answer but i'm just going to risk it all and post

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 21st, 2011, 03:03 AM
Chimecho, Luvdisk, Gorebyss and Corsola are the most forgettable pokes imo. o3o

Mister Coffee
September 24th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Ledyba and Ledyian. Every time I flip through the bug types I run by it and say to myself, "Oh yeah... that weird Lady bug pokemon... any good?" I see Baton Pass, feel interested, see stats, laugh and close web page.

Edit: Huh now that I think about it... It's base special defense stat is 110... Note to self... must try making Ledian good to play...

Cassino
September 24th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Pinsir; I remember looking at it once and thinking it was a Digimon. It has the sort of absurd design one would want to forget, too.

Yoshikko
September 24th, 2011, 10:45 AM
http://pokedream.com/pokedex/images/sugimori/211.jpg?1306803310
Qwilfish. In my opinion, the most forgotten of them all. Though, when you look at Dunsparce n' what not, their not really forgettable, judging by how you all recall them. xD;
I really think that Qwilfish should have an evolution. He has so much potential and Qwilfish is pretty useful as well. Dunsparce should have an evo as well but since he's not that useful I don't really see that happening.

Anyway I think that Delibird is among the most forgetful Pokémon, and Huntail/Gorebyss, even though I love them.

Mister Coffee
September 24th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I really think that Qwilfish should have an evolution. He has so much potential and Qwilfish is pretty useful as well. Dunsparce should have an evo as well but since he's not that useful I don't really see that happening.

Anyway I think that Deliberd is among the most forgetful Pokémon, and Huntail/Gorebyss, even though I love them.

All the Pokemon being named off here are awesome.

Qwilfish is awesome, way better than Tentacruel in my opinion, good for setting up hazards and such and fun to play with.

Dunsparce is a Bad Ass. He always has been. He's a nasty pokemon that knows how to seriously abuse Roost, and also his advantage in battling is how he uses his health as a resource to destroy enemies.

Delibird, It's fun to play around with, hardly forgettable for me. Sure it doesn't see much play at all, but he's hardly forgettable. I mean come on he's the Fed Ex of the pokemon world. How cool is that?

Why would you speak against Gorebyss? I'm truly hurt by this statement. Gorebyss is one of the Star members in my Rain Dance team. Ruining people left and right. A ridiculously powerful Water type pokemon who knows how to abuse Swift Swim and has a high enough defense to take a serious beating.
Huntail (although I'm not as much a fan of it now), carried me through the entire game of Ruby and Saphire. It was one of my favorite aggresive water pokemon at the time and is hardly forgettable to me.

Most of the pokemon in Gen 4 were forgettable. I didn't like most of them. Pretty boring.

Squirrel
September 24th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Makuhita, Electrike, Probopass, Gabite, Bagon, whatever Bagon's first evolution is called, Jumpig/Spoink, Lickitung, Manectric... There are so many! There's more than this but can't even remember them, haha.

Yoshikko
September 24th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Makuhita, Electrike, Probopass, Gabite, Bagon, whatever Bagon's first evolution is called, Jumpig/Spoink, Lickitung, Manectric... There are so many! There's more than this but can't even remember them, haha.
I think you mean Shelgon, and then Bagon XD Anyway, I don't find those forgetful at all, since they evolve into Salamance o.o And he is pretty boss.

warekurt
September 29th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Vileplume (http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/vileplume) because to me it feels like Gloom is enough to be the top stage.

Hiroshi Zaiaku
October 3rd, 2011, 04:55 PM
pfft, the most forgetable to me is luvdisk. i didnt remember it til i read this thread LOL

Ieyasu
October 4th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Possibly Clamperl and its evolutions. They're never mentioned in any way, they were hard to get (especially Huntail and Gorebyss), and haven't attracted many fans. But there are others that seem to get forgotten a lot, especially cocoon pokemon like Sewaddle's evolution (forgot its name), middle-evos, and others that are hard to find in-game.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
October 9th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I didn't tend to forget any Pokemon until the 5th generation. The two Pokemon that I totally forgot were the two toughest Pokemon to find in the game, both Crygonal and Tynamo because I never ran into them at all until my friend told me where they were at and I went searching for them.

:t354:TG

AquaticWartortle
October 9th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Castform, Relicanth, Crogunk, Snover, Abomasnow, Dunsparce, Quilfish, Finnion, Luminion, Snubble, & Chatot

The Nightmare
October 11th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I think Spearow, Zubat (a little), nidoran and wailord would be most forgotten.

Ciax
October 12th, 2011, 01:48 AM
When I first played the gen 3 games it was around my third playthrough and I saw a Crawdaunt and I was like wtf is that. I had just assumed corphish dosent evolve. Even now I forget it all the time. Someone mentions corpish evolving and im like what you talking bout then it clicks.

Procrastinatron
October 12th, 2011, 03:25 AM
At some point in time I forgot what the hell Smoochum evolved into, or if it evolved at all. But the ones I always forget about are Porygon2 and Porygon-Z.

MuffinPaula
October 12th, 2011, 02:36 PM
The one that got me the most was Durant. At first I was like, "What is that thing, it just came out of no where" until I found out that it was only at Victory Road. For me that's most forgettable since it's only in 1 area in 1 league.

Epic-Latios-Fan
October 20th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I always thought that Grumpig was a very forgotten Pokemon. It used to be one of my all-time favorites. (Sometimes I even think that Spoink is more popular.)

Mistyblu
October 20th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Swarm pokemon in particular can be very forgettable because they are just so rare outside the swarm.

The ones that I just remembered recently and forgot for a good amount of time was Snubull/Granbull and Delcatty.

BraveVesperia
October 21st, 2011, 04:45 PM
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/428-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/433-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/441-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/474.png
These Pokemons seems very forgettable to me :)

Bidoof
October 21st, 2011, 08:06 PM
I always forget 1 starter when i try to name then all i think its usually treecko

Mr Cat Dog
October 23rd, 2011, 04:38 AM
I was originally going to say Unown, but then read the question properly: most forgettable doesn't mean most hated. I definitely remember Unown for its suckitude. Ugh. I guess my real answer would be something like Dunsparce. It just feels like a complete irrelevance in the Pokemon landscape, to be completely honest.

Ineffable~
October 23rd, 2011, 10:15 AM
I forgot.
I'll say Qwilfish, Snubbull, Delibird, Skarmory (until I started wanting to use it in battle), Numel/Camerupt, the Wurmple line, Taillow/Swellow, Makuhita/Hariyama, and Sunflora (but not Sunkern). Generation II/III seemed to just drip with forgettable Pokémon in my opinion.
Keep in mind I like all these Pokémon. I can't help forgetting them. :(

Most of these Pokémon I didn't think of at first. Had to be reminded of them in the thread to even remember that they exist. xD
I can't see how Dunsparce is so forgettable considering everyone came here and immediately thought of it. :P

EDIT: And Grumpig. Lmao forgot it.

Lezza
October 23rd, 2011, 10:43 AM
I think Grumpig is forrgetable,
Also Marowak
I like them both because of this

KabelSatan0
October 24th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I'm surprised to see Dunsparce, Pineco, Sentret, Snubbull and Sunflora here. Those are some of the few post-gen-1 pokes I actually know, despite only having played gen 1.

My choice: Seel.

Maple Leaf
October 25th, 2011, 04:24 PM
A lot of them!! Dunsparce, Chimecho and Combee in particular.

Seeing them in here doesn't surprise me. XD; I was reminded by the posts, tbh.

ThisOrTheApocalypse
October 25th, 2011, 04:42 PM
There's lots, Qwilfish, Delibird, Wigglytuff, etc.

Drew
October 25th, 2011, 07:57 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f4/Spr_5b_631.png

What is that? >___> I'm serious. I played through Black one time when I first got it, but as much as I loved it at the time, I've never replayed it. I also never saw that Pokemon anywhere at all during my playing of it. Is it White specific, or did I just never happen to run into it?

That aside, a lot of the fish Pokemon tend to be the ones that I forget about the most. That, and a few specific ones from gen 1, like Beedrill, Exeggcute, Grimer, and a few more. Though, a lot of mine that are really forgettable, I can't recall... because I forget about them. XD; see wut i did thar?

Also, so many people forgetting Dunsparce. I used to think that Pokemon was adorable when I was younger. :c

mohan226
October 28th, 2011, 10:56 PM
I think it's Dunsparce. I've never seen it in the games.

Hikamaru
October 28th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Some of my fave Pokemon were really forgettable:

Skuntank (Diamond exclusive)
Miltank (only caught in Johto)
Manectric (only caught in Hoenn despite Johto Safari Zone availability)
Spinda (mainly found in Hoenn despite Hoenn Sound in HGSS)
Gardevoir (was forgettable until Platinum came along)
Purugly (Pearl exclusive)
Castform (received at Weather Institute in Hoenn)

Snivy063
November 3rd, 2011, 09:36 PM
Dunsparce, I even use Wikipedia just to know it's correct spelling, plus I haven't even caught one or used one! :'x .. I battled one once but it was easy to beeaat!

Avishka
November 3rd, 2011, 10:50 PM
Dunsparce
Mr. Mime
Spoink
Nosepass
Lickitung
hoot hoot
Sudowoodo and more.........

Influential_Mew
November 4th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Gulpin and Swalot are the most forgettable...I think.

Dunsparce
Mr. Mime
Spoink
Nosepass
Lickitung
hoot hoot
Sudowoodo and more.........

I don't see how any of those are forgettable to be honest. They're very common.

BleuVII
November 5th, 2011, 06:29 AM
About a year and a half ago, we did a contest to find out who the most-forgotten pokemon really is. Everyone was allowed to add one name to the list per post, and we did 494 posts until we figured out who the last one was. Most people, when the last name came, said, "Huh? Who? Yeah, that pokemon is truly forgotten. I didn't even THINK of them." Who was that pokemon?

GRANBULL
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/3a/Spr_5b_210.png
He will, forever, be the most-forgotten pokemon as far as I'm concerned.

miltankRancher
November 5th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Only few chose to use him. Sadly.

Hikamaru
November 5th, 2011, 06:42 AM
About a year and a half ago, we did a contest to find out who the most-forgotten pokemon really is. Everyone was allowed to add one name to the list per post, and we did 494 posts until we figured out who the last one was. Most people, when the last name came, said, "Huh? Who? Yeah, that pokemon is truly forgotten. I didn't even THINK of them." Who was that pokemon?

GRANBULL
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/3a/Spr_5b_210.png
He will, forever, be the most-forgotten pokemon as far as I'm concerned.

I actually like Granbull because of its elemental fang versatility.

I've got one in Black and I tested her out.

OreoMaster
November 5th, 2011, 01:28 PM
um ledian and delibird..Even though there are other rare pokemon I tend to think about them whatsoever at least once in a while.But these two...Especially delibird.There is like over a year to think about delibird.I just remembered it cause I saw it on this thing in your question along with heatmor and chingling.

WildMimiga
November 12th, 2011, 07:38 PM
http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/qwilfish.png
It's just so forgettable, Firstly because of the fact it's a single stage Pokemon with no evos which I usually disregard and because of how infrequently it appears.

Magica
November 14th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Most of the single stage Pokemon that were already mentioned...
I also forget about the Bellsprout and Exeggecute line.
I saw Exxeggutor the other day and was completely horrified.

potterfan434
December 12th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Mostly the obscure Hoenn ones. I only started playing Ruby recently (my friend gave her cartridge) and that helped me become more familiar with the Hoenn ones, but....

Also: Heatran

Hydreizard
January 8th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Why does everyone forget Deliberd? It's awesome in my opinion. Mostly because of the look lol. And Dunsparce? In FireRed I took the time to catch Deliberd and Dunsparce. I'd love to see evolutions for the two of them if executed right. If that gets screwed up, I don't think I wanna see what it would look like *shudders*

Oryx
January 8th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Hey, don't revive threads over a month old. :)

http://i.imgur.com/cdZ5Y.png