PDA

View Full Version : a random unpleasant scenario thread

Gold warehouse
September 15th, 2011, 09:25 AM
You gave been kidnapped by a nasty person
Lets say this person is a particularly tough and muscular female, because kidnappers are always male.
So you've been kidnapped by a nasty female and her colleagues. You are blindfolded and brought to a far away abandoned warehouse.

They then take off your blindfold, and you can see that they have kidnapped you, your lover (if you don't have a lover JUST PRETEND) you love them a lot okay. And 10 acquaintances, including various friends and family of you and your lover.

You are given four options:
- Shoot yourself and everyone else can go free
- Shoot your lover and then you and the others can go free
- Shoot the 10 other people and you and your lover can go free
- You all get shot by the kidnapper

You can't shoot the kidnapper, her colleagues will kill everyone.
You can't escape.
You can't do anything other than the above options.
The kidnapper is not lying and will abide by the above statements.

what do?

Yoshikkko
September 15th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Not a nice situation to be in lol. I weighed the options off against eachother, and in the end I choose the option where you shoot your lover, so everyone can go free. It might not seem the right thing to do, but I figured it'd be the least painful for all the people around me, which is what I would care about in such a situation.

I wouldn't choose the first option since I know that that would be unbearable to my family, my friends and my lover as well, and they would be saddled up for the rest of their lives with the idea of probably having been able to save me if they would have sacrificed themselves instead, and I wouldn't want that at all.

I wouldn't choose the third option, because I simply wouldn't be able to shoot everyone, one after another. I wouldn't be able to do it. I value my family over all other things in the options, and I also don't want to kill 10 people, just so I can save two.

I was doubting between this one and the second one, but in the end I didn't choose this one, because with the second option, I'd be able to at least save 10 people. I'd be able to live with the idea of having killed my lover to save my friends and family, and I would have expected of him to be willing to sacrifice himself. Of course I would be devastated, but everyone around me would know why I did it and they would support me.

Esper
September 15th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Okay, first thought: there's no way I would shoot my lover. I'd sooner shoot myself. I'd probably also choose to shoot myself over 10 other people even if they were strangers. I can't see myself pointing a gun at another person really. I'd just hope that the kidnapper would keep their word, but I'm assuming that if I can't try to escape or anything then the rules in this scenario are fixed and I would spare everyone.

Gold warehouse
September 15th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I would kill the 10 others. My declaration of love means I have a duty to protect my lover, so that option is out of the question. I also wouldn't want her to experience losing me in such a way. At that moment, we are the only two that matter.

Truality
September 15th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I'll shoot myself, then! *BANG* ...oops, I aimed my arm. Now let everyone else go.

Seriously, though, this is a VERY tough one. I need to give it a lot of thought.
Oh, I'm taking too much time. Sorry, I just can't decide! And since I'm the indecisive one, I'd eventually land on the last option. Too bad, actually. Sorry again...

Yoshikkko
September 15th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I would kill the 10 others. My declaration of love means I have a duty to protect my lover, so that option is out of the question. I also wouldn't want her to experience losing me in such a way. At that moment, we are the only two that matter.
Would you be able to kill your mother?

Jak
September 15th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I could never kill my lover. Well, good bye world.

Gold warehouse
September 15th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Would you be able to kill your mother?
Yes.
How could you kill someone you claim to love instead of sacrificing your own life and then live with yourself afterwards?
That's rhetorical btw, don't answer it.

Everyone is different.

Melody
September 15th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Without question I'd just off myself and be done with it. I wouldn't take no for an answer and I'd be sure my goodbyes were said. I would make sure nobody I gave my life for blamed themselves. I would not tolerate them taking any blame on themselves or feeling bad. Not even my lover.

Arago
September 15th, 2011, 02:34 PM
though i'd Be absolutely Scared To death, i'm Pretty sure that I'd end up just sacrificing Myself for the rest of them. eleven lives Are much More valuable than One.

marz
September 15th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I'm sorry but there is no way this would happen. No kidnapper(s) go through the trouble of kidnapping twelve people just to give one person these four options. I would try to talk it out with these female kidnappers. Thankfully they are female and are probably much easier to sway. I'd ask them what their real motives are and see if I can help them get what they want.

However, assuming that they were just really, really bored, I would probably kill myself to save everyone else. Simply because I would not be able to live with myself if I killed my lover or ten people. And why lose twelve (or I guess thirteen) lives when you could only lose one.

2Cool4Mewtwo
September 15th, 2011, 03:49 PM
This sounds like something from saw... It really does.

EDIT: Good thing is, chance for "saw-like" situation to happen in real life is infinitesimally small or zero. (Not the kidnapping part, but where you have to self-inflict damage or sacrifice others in a very complicated situation)

Anyways, if that happens, I'd just kill myself. It's not worth the trouble killing your family or lover just so I can survive. If I actually killed my family or lover, I wouldn't be able to live through with it. If I was given the choice though, I'd play the hero (not an hero -.-) and try to kill the kidnapper & co.

PlatinumDude
September 15th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Killing my family is a tough decision; might as well kill myself.

Ayselipera
September 15th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Well for starters I could never kill my lover and I would never let us all die so those two options are out of the question. Which leaves with me shooting myself or killing the other ten people. I would definitely contemplate shooting myself, but I worry that the effect of killing myself in front of everyone might do to my 10 friends and family members and my lover. When I read the options I instantly thought kill the other ten people, but then when I think about it I know I have to live with that decision for the rest of my life.

I also think what if my lover at the time takes what I did for them in a horrible way and instead sees me as some kind of monster and believes they don't know me anymore. Then not only do I lose those 10 people, but I also lose them after I've made a huge sacrifice for them which leaves me to live with the guilt of killing everyone and then broken hearted because they've left me.

I think before any decision making I would talk to my lover and tell them that I would prefer to take my own life for everything I've mentioned and probably more. If they understood completely then I would kill myself, but if they were just in utter despair over it then I would kill everyone else for them. If for some strange reason we can't talk though I really think I would lean more towards killing the 10 people just because I feel like when you love someone they become the person in your life that matters most. So I feel like their emotions and priorities come first in this situation.

Mariah Carey
September 15th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I hope that at the time I'd be all valiant and take a life-ending ending bullet to save my lover and everyone else who was hostage, but I can only see three scenarios playing out:

1. I'd shoot myself purely out of the fear of being shot by the kidnappers and I'd want to take the easy way out, because I wouldn't be able to handle the thought of killing ten other people.
2. I'd kill my lover out of pure want for my own survival, then spend the rest of my days feeling incredibly guilty.
3. Try to kill ten people, but chicken out after the first three and get shot by the kidnappers/kill myself.

I think I'm just too scared to die for true love, to be honest.

NothingPersonal
September 15th, 2011, 09:56 PM
I'd kill myself. My life doesn't equal 10 other people's lives + my lover's life.
I find this to be a situation where 1 (in this case, me) person should step up and take one for the team. 1 death isn't much, and with 11 other lives at stake, the choice is obvious. Simple as that.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 16th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Well I'd never be able to kill my lover or my family (even though I hate them) and friends so I'd probably kill myself... Actually I'd shoot myself and pretend to die of blood loss and possible recover? Idk. D:

Centiflora X
September 16th, 2011, 06:06 AM
I would first annouce that I would kill myself. Then ask the kidnapper(s) if she/they would allow us to take one last picture of me before I go. If affirmative, then someone pretends to take pictures while really dialing 999. I'll would then try to keep on buying time by making long speeches of how everyone should not feel guilty I died, what my last will is and so on. If the answer is no or that there was no reception or there was no way to get outside help, I'll shoot myself.

Captain Fabio
September 16th, 2011, 08:46 AM
I would kill 10 people, easily.
I know, it is a pretty scary thought that I didn't even think twice about those options.

Kevin
September 16th, 2011, 12:33 PM
...I.... would let all of us get killed. I would never want to kill any of my friends/family, let alone my lover. And if I kill myself then what if my lover starts to love someone else? My sacrifice would mean nothing. So I'll let the kidnappers kill all of us, and hopefully the police will track them down or whatever.

Raizhu
September 16th, 2011, 12:36 PM
I'd either kill myself or waver there trying to decide until the kidnapper killed us all.

The Corrupt Plague
September 21st, 2011, 04:37 PM
I would shoot myself because at least then all those people would be saved. 11 lives are way more important than only one.

Inkpuddle
September 21st, 2011, 05:12 PM
I would sooner kill myself than anyone I cared for. I know they would be able to move on eventually; most people can if they give themselves the chance.

Then again, I don't think I can accurately predict how I would react unless I was in any immediate danger. I've never been given the chance to exhibit such bravery, so I'm not sure I'm capable of it.

-Jared-
September 21st, 2011, 05:51 PM
You are given four options:
- Shoot yourself and everyone else can go free
- Shoot your lover and then you and the others can go free
- Shoot the 10 other people and you and your lover can go free
- You all get shot by the kidnapper

Am I the only one who notices it says "shoot" and not "kill"? >__> By that logic, I would just shoot myself in the foot and say "There, shot myself, let;s all go now!"

...Okay, taking this seriously, I would definitely shoot myself. There is no point in killing all those other people, and I know I could never live with myself for doing so, so I would just shoot myself to give them all a chance to live. And if my lover found someone else, I would be perfectly fine with that, as long as he was happy.

QuilavaKing
September 21st, 2011, 05:54 PM
If I would have to be the one to pull the trigger, in any of these cases, I wouldn't do it, even if it meant they'd kill me/everyone else.

vaporeon7
September 29th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Fights urge to make sexist comment about women kidnappers

Well good by everyone, no one gets my stuff, I want it in storage forever.