PDA

View Full Version : Look at me!

Truality
September 16th, 2011, 09:09 AM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000297474/polls_Ignore_5438_454062_poll_xlarge.jpeg

-Are you there, Tony?

Do you feel like people ignore you often? Or is it just a bunch of coincidences? Do you ignore others when necessary?

Here's how the poll branch goes: (answer for both online/offline if you want)

Do you feel like others ignore you?

"Yes." - How frequently do you get this feeling?

Is it confirmed, or is it just a misunderstanding in the end?

"No." - Have others ignored you in the past, then?

"No." - Well, you're pretty awesome, then, aren't you?

How much does it bother you?

How do you react? Do you talk it over, confront them or just let it pass?

Do you ignore others? What is the reason behind it?

What's your opinion about the "ignorance is bliss" saying?

-Try to ignore this.

Kevin
September 16th, 2011, 12:30 PM
No, people don't ignore me often.

Have others ignored you in the past, then?
Um, maybe some people? I don't notice to be honest but it doesn't bother me.

Not at all, unless they're one of my best friends.

Just let it pass and wait for them to come talk to me if they want to chat with me again. No point in arguing about it.

Yeah, if they're annoying me or I don't like them.

...What.

BareBones
September 16th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Sometimes.

How frequently do you get this feeling?
Not very frequently.

It is often a misunderstanding, though people have ignored me intentionally before.

It depends on the situation. It does often bother me, though. I dislike being ignored.

Again, it depends on the circumstances and the person. If it is a stranger, I will often let it pass. A friend I may inquire about it, unless they were busy when they ignored me, in which case I will locate them again later and restart the conversation.

I have ignored others before. Sometimes to keep my composure in an argument or when I am being harassed. Occasionally to provoke a reaction from them. The most common reason is that I simply did not hear them. I daydream frequently.

'Ignorance is bliss' can be true, but so is 'knowledge is power'. Make what you will of that.

Patatas Fritas
September 16th, 2011, 01:12 PM

"Yes."

Uhm... A lot of the time...

I don't really know... Both maybe?

A lot. It makes me sad D:

I don't really do anything... I guess I just hope they talk to me eventually? Either that or I try and get their attention and get upset if it doesn't work :x

Uhm.. It depends, I've had situations where I was much happier before I found out a few things, but mostly it's bad and it's better to know - I guess in reality it's better that I know with those things I didn't want to hear.

I try not too, sometimes I ignore people who I want to pay attention to me but it doesn't work and I go crawling back to them :x

Noah Ridgewood
September 16th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Sometimes, more-so online than off.

Whenever someone ignores me?

How is ignoring someone not confirmed? If someone feels like they're being ignored, they're being ignored. Misunderstanding or not.

It only bothers me if it's coming from a friend or if I'm feeling particularly isolated. I don't like being ignored when I'm isolated. If I'm not feeling isolated, I get over it within two or three minutes.

It depends on my mood. I don't have a problem confronting them immediately about it. Sometimes I'll call them out, sometimes I'll react obnoxiously towards it, sometimes I'll talk to them on the side and ask if they meant to do that, sometimes I just repeat myself and sometimes I'll kid around about it.

If there was a huge spider next to me and someone tells me about it, I'll start freaking out and then I'll likely ask them why they had to tell me it was there because I wouldn't have had to worry about the feeling if it crawling on my hand. On the other hand, if someone doesn't tell me and then it crawls on my hand, I'll start freaking out and then I'll ask them why they didn't tell me. But ignorance and being ignored is relevant to each other how?

I try my best not to. Even if I don't really like someone or enjoy talking to them, I don't like giving them the feeling that I ignore them since it's not a pleasant feeling.

Aquacorde
September 16th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Yes.

Very often. I am overlooked, more offline than on, though online quite a bit as well.

Um I am ignored. Whether intentionally or not on their part idk but I am.

Quite a bit. I try to do nice things, do the right things, talk a lot and be likable... but I am a natural doormat.

I take it. And then occasionally blow up and ***** about it on twitter. But things are cyclical.

I don't think I do. I try to pay good attention to everyone and will only intentionally ignore someone if I'm really angry at them. And even then I'm much more likely to fight than ignore.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Depends on what people are ignorant about, I suppose.

PlatinumDude
September 16th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I feel that other people ignore me because I don't have anything particularly anything interesting to say. Most of the time, it bothers me. I ignore other people when I find them annoying

Oryx
September 16th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Yeahh, I tend to get ignored a lot. It's because I'm not good at the flow of conversation with more than two people; I tend to start to speak, then get cut off, and then I just let them speak and try to speak later and get cut off again.

A lot less often nowadays because the people I talk to have been going out of their way to make sure that me and the other person who has this problem get a chance to speak when we have something to say.

It's definitely there but not intentional. When I point it out they usually apologize and let me speak.

It used to bother me a lot more than it does now, because it used to happen a lot, but now it's no big deal because I can just wait. Unless it happens 4-5 times in a row, but then someone else usually notices and points it out so I can speak.

Usually I let others stand up for me, or just silently sympathize with the other girl who has this problem.

I try not to. If I do, it's accidental. I can't block things out online though, including ignoring - I don't like not knowing what people say to me.

I think that it can be at times, but if you know that you don't know something and you still choose not to know it, it's no longer blissful.

Melody
September 16th, 2011, 04:13 PM
At times. I am human after all.
"Yes." - How frequently do you get this feeling?
Frequently enough for it to be noticed. Not a real problem
Sometimes it's confirmed, sometimes it's misunderstanding, sometimes it doesn't really even matter.
Not much at all. I am a solitary type of person at times, so it doesn't kill me...just bores me.
It passes.
If I ignored someone it's because I have nothing to say or do with that person. Nothing personal usually.
It's the unvarnished truth.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 16th, 2011, 05:27 PM
I get ignored online more than offline, idk why D: I don't like being ignored so if someone ignored me I'd ignore them, too.

2Cool4Mewtwo
September 16th, 2011, 05:30 PM

No, and no.

Not much.

No, unless they're just super annoying beyond the point where I can't stand it anymore.

vaporeon7
September 16th, 2011, 05:33 PM
People ignore me lots when I'm speaking. When I realise it I slowly fade out of what I was saying and hope that no one noticed me doing so. And seeing that my group of friends is full of people who love to interrupt, I now talk really quickly to try and say my stuff before getting interrupted.

Alley Cat
September 17th, 2011, 12:49 AM
No. If I want to be heard, I will make my voice heard. I'm too stubborn to have someone just "ignore" me. I mean, that is, if I really cared. But I don't, and because I'm so chill and badass, they notice me on their own time, and in their own little way.

Although... I am soft spoken, I don't talk very loud or aggressive at all. I really can't do it.

Anybody who is ignoring me, isn't anybody who matters. So it doesn't matter who ignored me, because the people that I want and need didn't ignore me.

Well, you're pretty awesome, then, aren't you?
Yeah, I'm the biggest bamf this side of the Bronx river.

Not really. I tend to listen to people, just because it's the right thing to do. I mean, wouldn't you want someone to listen to you if you had something to say? Imagine that, you have something you want everyone to know, but no one will listen. So no, I really don't ignore others. HOWEVER, when people are rubbing me the wrong way, I do have the capability to ignore them.

Ignorance is only bliss if your idea of bliss is an idea of knowing nothing outside your world. For some people though, that's actually enough. I know people who are satisfied with the same, go to work, come home, eat dinner, repeat, sunday church, tuesday night bowling, and they can just do that forever and be perfectly happy. but me? nah. I need excitement, change, people to need to be doing something, I need to feel the energy. Y>Y

Cassino
September 17th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Since I don't make myself noticed, it's apparent.
One particular thing though: when I pose a question to a friend that goes unanswered, it bothers me. If one 'missed it' I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that claim, but if one doesn't want to answer they ought to say so.

It's a default for me — no feeling.

I'm generally glad for ignorance, actually; except with questions as I said.

No. I prefer to avert reprisal over breaking social protocol.

I find no other questions relevant.

Do you ignore others when necessary?
When is necessary?— tell me that.

Raizhu
September 17th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Sometimes. Usually at school.
Not often.
The latter.
I have my suspicions. And when I say that, I'm talking about my sister.
Not very much. I'm a forgettable person.
I just let them know I'm there. I usually go up to them and say "I'm right here."
Only if I'm angry at them.
Blissey is better
It seems like a good idea until you learn what you've been ignoring.... every time I've encountered it, I've found that.

shenanigans
September 18th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Nah, not really. I believe that if you want to be heard, and you speak as if you expect to be heard, then people will hear you. So that's just what I do and, when I pick the right moments to say stuff, I rarely get ignored. Imo being heard is a skill rather than something that just happens.

Probably. I can't think of any real examples, though. I tend to think that I've not been heard, rather than ignored, as the two are completely different things and people tend to do the former rather than the latter with me since there's never really been anyone who has deliberately outright ignored me for a long time.

Not very much. I just wait for the right moment and repeat myself if it's still relevant. As I said before I don't consider it deliberate usually since I don't have any reason to and because of that I'm not bothered.

Let it pass and try again later. If it continues (which is usually doesn't) then I'd probably say something.

If they're being annoying or absolutely won't take a hint then yeah I will. But I normally only find people annoying when I'm busy with something else in which case I'll ask them to stop, and if they don't, then I'll ignore them or just move away or something. I don't ignore someone if I'm angry at them because I honestly think that's just pathetic and childish. There are far better things that you can do to resolve the situation.

Uh I don't get how this is related to the other questions but ok. Yeah it's true but it's probably not a good thing to practice, since it'll just hit harder when you stop being ignorant to whatever the thing is. If that makes sense lol.