PDA

View Full Version : Working my accessories

Ayselipera
September 18th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Do you ever accessorize with the clothes you're wearing? For example do you wear things like scarves, hats, jewelry, bandannas, etc?

If you don't is there a reason for this and are there any accessories that you wish you did wear or wore more of?

Kevin
September 18th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Nah, I don't wear accessories. It'd look weird on me to be honest and I'm not that type of person.

Sammi
September 18th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Due to the fact that I jump from work (where I wear just the uniform) to home (where I immediately change into PJs and never leave the house), I don't have opportunity to wear accessories. If, for some strange reason, I am going out somewhere special, I'll go ahead and put on some earrings and a necklace, but that's really rare. I'd say I'd wear earrings while I'm at work, but it's technically against dress code. So I don't bother. :/

When I was younger, I wore this blue bucket hat for years. Seriously, it was on my head the second I left the house, and sometimes when I was still in it! Stopped wearing it when I went to college. It's buried deep in my closet somewhere.

Alley Cat
September 18th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I wear bracelets, some all the time, others not. I actually stopped wearing a lot of my old bracelets and now I only wear my two I <3 boobies bracelets. I will wear sunglasses sometimes, and hats if the look right. Like maybe a fedora or something, aha. If I had it, I would be wearing a necklace that my ex was gonna give me, but he never found it -__-. I don't like plan to accessorize, I just wear things that I like or have meaning to me most of the time.

Overlord Drakow
September 18th, 2011, 03:13 PM
I wear gloves to keep me warm to ensure I don't leave any finger prints at the crime scene. I also sometimes wear a scarf and cowboy hat to bring out the Aussi in me. I often carry a sword umbrella - it's an umbrella which looks like a sword it's a sword which looks like an umbrella - either in one of my hands or behind my back, so I'm prepared for the rain. PRECIPITATION DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE. Finally, a few weeks ago I got a new watch so I wear that too.

Edit: Forgot to mention I rock the shades too, regardless of the conditions.

poopnoodle
September 18th, 2011, 03:23 PM
an assortment of rings. sometimes bracelets i made and hair clips. i feel like i'm going way too far if i wear, say, bracelets and rings at the same time, or earrings and rings, or any other such combinations.

Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog
September 18th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Well I wear my watch all the time. And ties, if those count. But that's it. It's not because I don't want to wear accessories, it's just because I don't like how most of them look, and I can't afford any. Like there's this ring I want but it's too expensive.

Melody
September 18th, 2011, 04:54 PM
I have a watch and some earrings that I never rarely take off. Other than that, not specifically. I'd wear more if I could find some I liked though.

twistedpuppy
September 18th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I have some rings I wear on occasion, but most of the time I can't be bothered to accessorize. I'm used to not wearing accessories.

Esper
September 18th, 2011, 07:38 PM
No, I never accessorize, especially not scarves.

Really, I don't do it most days because I have to work and I don't like to draw attention to myself there. I also don't like to "waste" my nice things on a place like work where I feel they'd go unappreciated. Sometimes after work I think about changing things around and a few times I do, but mostly then I just want to loaf around and who needs accessories for that?

Any other time I like to have at least one thing with me to keep from looking too plain. I don't usually have more than one thing at a time though. I also don't do hats. Like ever. I just can't pull them off.

Snow Phoenix
September 18th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Nah. I've never been impressed by jewelry or anything else that's not needed o.O I wear a backpack though when I go to school if that counts :P And the school dress code forces us to wear belts...

Hiidoran
September 18th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Whenever I go out I try and have at least one accessory on me. They kinda just put the whole outfit you're trying to pull off, well, together. Sometimes I wear a necklace, sometimes just a Livestrong bracelet. Just... something. If I'm out in the Mustang I definitely make sure I'm sporting a pair of sunglasses. You can't drive a sport's car without sunglasses, you just can't! :]

One thing I really wanna get here soon is a nice watch. I just think they look so professional... although I was told not to wear them to nursing courses. You know, what with the bodily fluids getting on you and such. D; Oh well~ I'll continue to window-shop for 'em.

Kura
September 18th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Usually I always have two pairs of earrings in and a bracelet I never take off .o. I also have a gold necklace with a couple pendants (one that my parents got me, and the other my boyfriend got me) so unless I'm going out somewhere special.. I usually stick to those accessories and don't change it up much <3 I'm more sentimental I guess~

Aphrodite
September 18th, 2011, 10:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GqbYz.gif

As far I'm concerned, my body is the accessory.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 19th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I loooove accessories and I wear them all the time. :D I wear earrings, looots of bracelets and I wear scarves when it's cold. :3

Vrai
September 19th, 2011, 02:26 AM
I wear a hat sometimes but that's probably the most you'll get out of me. ;-;

Cassino
September 19th, 2011, 11:29 AM
The only really interesting thing is the mechanical pocketwatch I wear (or would if it currently worked).
Honestly though, it's for telling the time, I just hate wristwatches and don't use a mobile phone.

Brendino
September 19th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I guess if you count a hat as an accessory, then I wear those. I don't use them for fashion, though, I wear them if I'm going to be in the sun for a while, or if my hair is just really messy and not co-operating with me. I also wear a watch if I'm going out somewhere, since I find it rude to go looking through my pockets just to look at the time, especially if I'm talking to someone.

PlatinumDude
September 20th, 2011, 01:22 AM
I don't accessorize because I feel like an idiot when I actually do.

Forever
September 20th, 2011, 05:19 AM
I always wear sunglasses on either my face or my head whenever I'm out of the house. I look odd without sunglasses really, and this applies to using them in winter too, so... I consider them my main accessory. I also have a ring I wear on one of my fingers because I saw it in the shops in 2006 thinking it was amazing and Nan and Pop got it for me that Christmas. I also wore scarves like everyday in winter, and I occasionally wear earrings, but I haven't for a while since my ears were sore and I haven't got around to putting the actual earrings under hot water so they don't hurt my ears any more.

Truality
September 20th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Nope, I don't accessorize and I'm not planning to, either.

Not only I'm not fond of them (on myself, that is-I'm pretty sure accessories can look good on others), but I don't feel comfortable if I wear something like a bracelet or a ring, either. I don't wear sunglasses because I feel like I don't even need them, I don't wear hats because I can endure the heat, and I don't wear scarves because I can endure the cold. Anyway, in addition to all that, my sense of fashion is way off, so I guess even if I liked to accessorize I would mess up. Good grief.

Patchisou Yutohru
September 22nd, 2011, 06:02 AM
i think the only accessories i've ever even had was a scarf (which i never wore) when i was like 9, a necklace (which was stolen from me), a leather bracelet (which i recently found after it being lost for two years), my class ring (which is too big), a few baseball hats (that i didn't like), and my glasses (which i kind of have to wear to see while driving). sometimes i incorporate headphones into my wardrobe, but i haven't done that in years. i don't really work to accessorize, no. but to compensate, i layer a lot when i go out!

Briar
September 22nd, 2011, 06:06 AM
hnnh. no.
i live in a pretty tropical country, and unless i'm going to an event where the venue is cold, i don't wear accessories like scarves or really fancy hats. although i always wear a watch and cross, if you could actually call those "accessories" -- in the sense of fashion, that is.

Venusaur♣
September 24th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Hats and scarves sometimes. This week I wore a crapload of things along with my outfit, a hat(s), watch, scarf, bands, etc.

Signomi
September 26th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I don't really accessorise for the sake of accessorising.

If anything, I just wear the trinkets that mean the most to me.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1215457/magatama1.png

This is my magatama, I've always worn it and it's been a sort of trademark for me for about two years now. It's my favourite stone and it appears to be a good luck charm in Japan.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1215457/bracelet.jpg

A bracelet lovingly given to me by my boyfriend. Apart from showers, I never take it off and I don't ever intend to for any other reason. I always feel like I'm carrying a part of him around with me while I wear this bracelet, which easily adds to its charm.

Chikara
September 26th, 2011, 10:52 AM
When I remember to put them on I do haha. I like strange jewlery that no one else I know would wear. Not cause it's ugly, but because it's just so not in style and I really just don't care.

I own neon zipper earrings. Kiwi earrings. A raincloud necklace. Just different stuff :)

Hagumi
September 26th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I rarely ever accessorise I'm just not that fond of accessorising and most of the time I can't be bothered or I simply forget. However, when I do remember to wear some accessories I usually wear some bracelets and/or a gold pinkie ring that my mother bought from when she was on holiday in Cyprus.

Even though I don't really like to accessorise I would like to wear earrings, but alas I don't have my ears pierced.