PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana as a Medicine

marz
September 19th, 2011, 07:42 PM
No this is not a marijuana legalization thread. This is the, already legal in 16 states, proposition that marijuana can be used to treat illness. What do you think? Should we stick to using other plants and/or chemical drugs to treat ourselves? Do you think Marijuana can treat anything at all or would it just harm you even more in the long-run?

Personally, during allergy season, Reactine definitely can't clear my sinuses like that bud does. Works like a charm.

Lalapizzame
September 19th, 2011, 07:45 PM
It should be available to those who wish to pay for it. I'm assuming a person willing to take marijuana to such an extent it will potentially harm them in the long-run knows what they're doing.

Let people do what they what, and leave them alone on marijuana. Just don't expect me to like the smell of it.

Lance
September 20th, 2011, 06:24 AM
You can't deny that it has several, genuine medicinal qualities. And if it can relieve pain for cancer patients, soothe allergies and calm nerves, then I think those who genuinely need it deserve to be able to acquire it. Keep it regulated of course.

Gold warehouse
September 20th, 2011, 09:18 AM
It should be there as an option if people want it. Maybe I'm biased because I support legalisation? But I think anything that has medical benefits should be available for those that choose to use it.

But then again, they used Heroin as medicine in the UK pre 1970s. I'm not going to go into it, but if you're interested look it up. The aftermath was terrible. I'm not saying weed would have such a bad effect, but it still shows there could potentially be a negative effect that outweighs the positives.

Khall
September 20th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I'm iffy on the legalisation of marijuana, but I don't see anything wrong with smoking it once in a while for medicinal purposes. After all, at least it's natural, and it's a lot safer than other drugs and other forms of medicine out there.

It needs to be strongly regulated and monitored, though. Don't listen to any pothead that says it's not addicting, because it can be a very addictive drug. My mom has been addicted for 20+ years.

FreakyLocz14
September 20th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I support the full decriminalization of marijuana at the federal level, leaving it to the states to regulate. Currently, federal authorities can and do arrest and prosecuted medial marijuana patients who have licenses issued by the State of California. That's outrageous and needs to stop. We chose not to legalize marijuana for recreational use by voting down Proposition 19. I don't know what the feds are afraid of.