PDA

View Full Version : neighbours

Talli
September 20th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Do you like your neighbours ?

I don't as they are noisey as heck and have a trampoline right outside my window. Their kids use it from 3pm until 10pm every night.

tonight they have the friend so they are even nosier that usual.

Do you have/had noisey neighbours ?
oh yes right now
If yes do they annoy you?

totally last night I was so close to meltdown

Yoshikko
September 20th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Well, I don't really like my neighbours, they are students and they have parties till quite late in the evening sometimes, but I don't think they really like me either LOL. The girl has complained to me multiple times about being 'too loud' (which is very hypocritical imo because they have their parties and I haven't complained about those either).

Gold warehouse
September 20th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I have really noisy neighbours on both sides.

One side is a total horrible *****, she yells at her kids to shut the **** up at 2am in the morning, the youngest is a baby, the eldest is about 10, the other two are in between. All by different dads, she just sits around living off benefits, doesn't care for her kids just lets them take care of themselves and generally treats them like ****. True scum of society.

Then the other side is really noisy as well, but I really like them a lot. There's two young kids, so I expect a bit of noise, and unlike the other neighbour they aren't constantly yelling and screaming to shut the **** up. They're just playing around and having fun which I have no problem with at all, I mean we were all kids at one point right? Plus if they're noisy, it means I can play my music loud and they aren't going to complain. Whereas at my mum's house we have this old couple, so you can't make any noise without upsetting them. It works both ways

I spent about an hour talking with them just the other day, the guy there (I can't even remember his name, so bad lol) is awesome, and his two daughters (age 5 and 9) are just adorable and hilarious they crack me up

Ayselipera
September 20th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I only have one neighbor and he lives a fair distance up the road from my house. I still see him quite a bit outside though and I know he has two grown up sons who stop by frequently because now they have children of their own and I'm guessing stop for a visit. Which honestly is the only bad part of having him as a neighbor. Only because sometimes in the summer his grandchildren will be outside and they'll just be screaming and playing and making other annoying little kid noises. :( Besides that though he's not bad and I've talked to him a few times casually just to find out he's a regular guy.

The only thing he does that is really weird is mow his lawn almost every single day during the summer, multitple times during the day, and in any weather condition. He also has this really strange habit of mowing the lawn in the early morning. I'm talking 1 - 3 am I have seen him hop on his lawn mower and mow around. Besides that he's a nice guy!

Kevin
September 20th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Yes, I live in a townhouse so yeah. The neighbor on the left is a nice old lady, but I don't even know my neighbors on the right. They're some ghetto family that listen to real loud music at night.

poopnoodle
September 20th, 2011, 04:28 PM
i've neither seen nor heard my one neighbor.

Raizhu
September 20th, 2011, 04:33 PM
One of our neighbors doesn't want to have anything to do with anybody, so I can't really say anything about him.
The other neighbors are nice; they're friends of ours.

Alli
September 20th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Yo, I don't talk to my neighbors where I live. When I was a kid though, neighbors were AWESOME. I lived in a nice little neighborhood. Lots of kids and really nice people. One of my best friends lived across the street from me and so did her grandmother. There was a point that my grandmother was having to make regular trips to the doctor and couldn't take care of me after school, so my friend's grandmother offered to let me come over to her house after school along with my friend. So in a sense, she was like another grandmother to me. Pretty much my second family when I was younger tbqh. I haven't seen them in a long time though. :( But yeah, back when I was a kid, I got along great with my neighbors. I also had a lot of friends in my me maw's neighborhood. But yeah nowadays, I don't really know or talk to any of my neighbors, plus I live on a hill near like no one.

Truality
September 20th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Back when I lived with my family, our neighborhood was a lovely place.

Past is past, though, so let's talk about the present: NOOOOO NOT THAT GUY AGAIN. First of all, there's this guy that loves talking his dog for a walk... in the corridors between the apartments. The dog barks a lot. Echo, echo. moving on, meet the spinsters. The adjacent apartment has two elderly habitats, they're sisters, one of them has Alzheimer, and they quarrel all day. ALL DAY. I never complained about them, though. There was no need after all, because the everyone else on the building did but to no avail. Moreover, they never leave their apartment, and they have a wiiiiiiiiiiiide range of relatives coming by every day. Wow, talk about a big family. Almost so big it makes me think it's intentional. And they themselves complain about the slightest sound in my apartment-or any adjacent apartment.

The rest of the people on the block are pretty much okay, we sometimes talk but there's nothing special or intimate going on with any of them. And there's this really beautiful lass on the third floor... bah.

God
September 20th, 2011, 09:30 PM
The neighbors left and right from us are fine, if somewhat white trash and creepy, but they don't annoy us and make any noise. The neighbors on the left of us used to make really creepy phone calls asking for my sister to go play at their house, however. She was so scared ;-;
The neighbors behind us though are incredibly annoying, they play Bon Jovi and The Killers until 3am and always have loud, raucous parties on Wednesday nights (which is tonight ugh) which pisses off all of our surrounding neighbors. Plus, the two teens have been arrested twice for breaking and entering :/

King Gumball
September 20th, 2011, 10:29 PM
My neighbours are annoying as heck. My parents get so annoyed by them, and they always invite my mum over for like a cup of tea which she reluctantly goes to. They are an oldish couple and need a divorce real bad. The husband from Sri Lanka is in the back yard 24HOURS A DAY. I swear he NEVER leaves it, and his English wife won't even let him come inside for water until he finishes his backyard chores. He cleans the pool twice a day, once in the morning and once in the arvo, and mows his lawn twice a week, and the wife is always yelling at him from inside the house she vacuums everyday.

So yes they are very, extremely annoying, especially after they issued a court order or something of the like, for us to cut down a tree, because it dropped leaves int their yard (literally, I mean come on, they moved in after we had been living there for 2 years. the tree was older than they were). And they must feel bad for all those times they throw leaves over our yard and my yells at them because the man comes over every now and again and gives us bread or milk, or one time a TV which is in my brothers room XD. But yeah if only you saw how clean and empty their house and yard is, and have to listening to them arguing, the husband grunting during his yard duties when you are trying to have a relaxing lunch out side, or the constant loooong conversations they always want to have with us.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 21st, 2011, 12:10 AM
My best friend lives right next to me and he's awesome <33333333 His family is awesome too, they're really nice :3 My other neighbor, however, is really annoying. Their dog somehow manages to squish through the fence and attacks my dog ;~; Their kids likes to climb over and act as if it's their house. o.o They like to pull my dog's tail and mess around with my back garden. D:< Fortunately they're moving away before Christmas. :DDD

vaporeon7
September 21st, 2011, 12:22 AM
Ever since I got new neighbours on both sides a few years ago, I haven't got to know them. But they don't have any regular parties or anything so that is good. The people who used to live next door were good though, we'd visit each other a lot.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 21st, 2011, 04:41 AM
Our neighbors on both sides live so far down our dark, lonely country road that they could be shooting off fireworks or guns and we'd never hear it. Needless to say,. noise issues aren't an issue in my situation, which is kinda depressing.

On that note, I've been away at college so much I've never seen our neighbors since the rest of the family moved.

Avishka
September 21st, 2011, 05:27 AM
i have only one neighbor . My friend is my neighbor. In summer vacations we go to each other houses and have a lot of fun and she has hamsters they are sooo cute. Her family is nice.

Noah Ridgewood
September 21st, 2011, 05:52 AM
I don't even know my neighbors. I've interacted with one of them once. He was walking to his car, and I was walking to the door, and we did that sort of head nod acknowledgement thing that people do. He seemed like a cool dude judging from his head nod.

Saryka
September 21st, 2011, 06:18 AM
I know most of my neighbours and they're pretty cool, I like them. They're a hell of a lot better than the neighbours I had on my old street - the kids were rude and so were their parents. I don't have any neighbourhood friends on my street since everyone's younger but everyone still gets along pretty well.

I do have a few neighbours who like to party nearly every weekend and are reeeeally loud about it, although they've been calming down over the years and we've all pretty much just gotten used to them.

Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog
September 23rd, 2011, 05:48 PM
They're kinda noisy, but it doesn't bother me. My neighbors on one side of my house are wannabe carpenters, so as a result they're always hammering or sawing. Their house looks terrible from all the "repairs" they're done. xD But my other neighbors are pretty quiet.

On a side note, I can't believe all these people who don't even know their neighbors. o.o I mean, with my neighbors, we all pretty much look after each other... Even in the rare occasion that they're not related to us. (Seriously, almost everyone in town is related somehow. Except, you know, those out-of-staters.)

Sammi
September 23rd, 2011, 08:10 PM
I live in an apartment complex. There's twelve apartments in it. I have yet to properly meet any of them. Sometimes I see people in the halls but the most that's ever said is a simple hello. When I'm inside the apartment itself, I can't hear any of my neighbors, so it's all good. So I guess you can say I like them enough, as long as they continue to not be disruptive. To be honest I've always been like this with neighbors.

Related story: Last month I was sitting on my couch, and the door was unlocked for some reason. Some woman walks into the apartment. We kind of stare at each other for a moment, and then she starts apologizing and runs out. I had a good laugh about it. And then I remembered to lock the door; idk why it wasn't, my roommate and I are usually good about that. I was just glad I was properly dressed and just on my computer at the time.

Liam Crawford
September 24th, 2011, 04:09 AM
I don't know them nor plan to. They look grotesque. I live in an apartment in a 9-floor building, hence I have around 16 neighbors -- most of them are invisible and others like I said are just plain weird. I think there a guy who is nocturnal, considering I only see him at night and he never leaves or appears in the day.

Mew~
September 24th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Never really had any annoying or noisy neighbours. We live in a semi-detached house, so we've only got neighbours on one side of the house and they're actually pretty nice to be honest. xD;

I'd probably hate annoying neighbours though. I went to one of my friends house once and their neighbours had music on proper loud. :S

Mr Cat Dog
September 24th, 2011, 05:39 AM
My current neighbours, I've never seen. I've only lived here for about two months, so I suppose it's not that bad... and I don't really have any intention of getting to know them, so I suppose I don't really care all that much. I live on the top floor of a three-storey terraced house, and there's not really been any real noise from either of the lower two neighbours (on the bottom floor, there are 4 students; on the middle floor, there's a small family; on the top floor, there's me and my 3 friends). No real complaints about my neighbours then.

Kyoko
September 24th, 2011, 07:22 AM
At home, back where I used to live I adored my neighbors because we used to play all the times as kids (pretty much every house on our block had kids around the same age as me). Then I moved, then the neighbors got less fun. Everyone just kinda kept to themselves :( We'll talk sometimes if we're out walking our dogs at the same time, but usually we have little interaction.

As for my school building neighbors. Apparently the room next to me parties till like 5am everyday but I would never know because it's on the opposite side of my room. But one of my poor roomates has to deal with it. But my other roomate and I don't hear anything on our side. I do get along with most people I meet on my floor, we bond over our hate of the elevators and such.

Toshiro.
September 24th, 2011, 08:11 AM
The neighbor to my left is pretty awesome. Whenever we are both out at the same time we have a quick chat.

The neighbor to my right I don't even know. We never interacted once. They also have like, 4 kids that play outside all the time, and a lot of the time in front of my house. They're so annoying.

Rucario
September 24th, 2011, 08:19 AM
My neighbors are cocaine addicts that never shut the **** up. The woman has a high nasally voice and whenever she has a party her and her friends pop cocaine until they pass out.

Awesome.
September 29th, 2011, 05:24 PM
hurrdurr whats a neighbor
I don't even know what my neighbors look like and I lived in this house for 11 years!11!

twistedpuppy
September 29th, 2011, 05:49 PM
In my neighborhood, neighbors don't really talk to each other unless your kids go to school together. We've had a noisy neighbor in the past. Up all night partying. I didn't really hear them because my room was on the opposite side of the house, but my parents could. Thankfully they've moved so things are pretty quiet again. Nothing to complain about.