PDA

View Full Version : Who Spins Pens?

phinamthi
September 20th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Anyone here spin pens? Who knows the TA Harmonic/TA Rev? :rambo:

Mr Cat Dog
September 20th, 2011, 01:02 PM
This isn't really a thread about culture or media, so I'm going to move it to Other Voting Polls.

Moving on up

v/RKYH4HYZCtg?version=3&hl=en_US

Arago
September 22nd, 2011, 06:19 AM
eh, no. i don't really know what a ta harmonic or a ta rev are, sorry. i don't spin pens, though. most of the people who spin pens around here are middle schoolers looking to impress someone, and spinning a pen isn't all that impressive to most people. past middle school, most people tend to stop doing it 'round here so it isn't very practiced.

judging from your location, you're from my general area. so you must be a middle schooler looking to impress someone.

Ryoutarou
September 23rd, 2011, 07:47 AM
eh, no. i don't really know what a ta harmonic or a ta rev are, sorry. i don't spin pens, though. most of the people who spin pens around here are middle schoolers looking to impress someone, and spinning a pen isn't all that impressive to most people. past middle school, most people tend to stop doing it 'round here so it isn't very practiced.

judging from your location, you're from my general area. so you must be a middle schooler looking to impress someone.I'm guessing you don't know a lot about pen mawashi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pen_spinning)? There are surprisingly large communities online that are devoted to it and it most certainly goes beyond people simply wanting to impress others. It requires a great amount of dexterity control and quick thinking to properly pull various tricks off.

Of course I suck at it, have tried it every now and then and I just can't get the hang of the more complex tricks.

Signomi
September 23rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
I think that's the sort of thing that would take a lot of practice. Not particularly sure how it would prove useful, but I suppose it has its use in suaveness.

All I've been able to do is wiggle a pen/pencil between my finger and thumb, not really something for the record books.