PDA

View Full Version : Riddles, paradoxes, puzzles, etc

Liam Crawford
September 22nd, 2011, 11:48 AM
As the title suggests, are you a person who always have been good at figuring out riddles, solving puzzles, or answering paradoxes? Do you take much time to solve them? Or do you just give up after a series of failed attempts?

shenanigans
September 22nd, 2011, 12:01 PM
Other than the whole paradox thing, YES ABSOLUTELY. If I know that something has an answer I will keep going at it until I find that answer, even if it takes a long and probably pointless amount of time! I don't even feel that much satisfaction when I'm done, I just feel like I want to lol.

Exile
September 22nd, 2011, 12:03 PM
I've always liked riddles and have been decent in figuring them out, the same goes for Puzzles, although I tend to have more trouble with puzzles that are based on a visual, or mathematics, but ones that demand "thinking outside the box" or involve code-breaking are always fun. I haven't had much experience with Paradoxes, so I'm not sure how I fare against them. As for Riddles, I'll try to make a genuine effort to solve them, same goes for most puzzles [barring the ones I have trouble with], although if I can't get it, I then resort to trial and error, and then trying to make something of the answer once I think I've found it if I'm playing a game like Professor Layton, or are solving a puzzle, otherwise, I'll probably give up and ask for a hint/the answer and kick myself for not seeing the obvious.

Kevin
September 22nd, 2011, 12:05 PM
Oh... my... gosh.

My Tech Exploration teacher always gives us riddles to get our minds thinking. I can never figure them out, though...

Like the one today was: What comes up and never goes down?
The answer was... age. I felt stupid afterwards.

-Jared-
September 22nd, 2011, 02:36 PM
Oh... my... gosh.

My Tech Exploration teacher always gives us riddles to get our minds thinking. I can never figure them out, though...

Like the one today was: What comes up and never goes down?
The answer was... age. I felt stupid afterwards.

Yay, I got that before opening the spoiler. :3 Took me a while to actually get it though. XD

As that might have proved, I love riddles and what not. If I am promised that there is an answer, I will try my hardest to figure it out, and I rarely give up unless I am really THAT thoroughly stumped. XD And I love thinking about paradoxes, especially the Grandfather paradox. :3

wcdaily
September 22nd, 2011, 05:13 PM
^ What's in my pocket? (Hope someone gets the reference.) Well I'm very fond of puzzle games, and solving them. Also, you can't really answer paradox's as their is no answer. Riddles can be interesting but can be a bit difficult. I could say I'm alright at solving these.

Truality
September 22nd, 2011, 05:28 PM
Ι really like riddles and puzzles but I can't help the fact that I fail at them.

When I'm trying to figure out what a riddle says or what the solution to a puzzle is, my fantasy is traveling on a far too broad basis to find a correct, quick answer to it.

PlatinumDude
September 23rd, 2011, 12:57 AM
I'm not good at solving riddles and the like, but they're good for giving my brain a workout every once in a while.

Esper
September 23rd, 2011, 07:38 AM
I like when they have real answers and it's just a matter of figuring them out. I don't care for the kind that are meant to deliberately mislead you (more so than a normal riddle) through some technicality because those are meant to make you fail rather than make you think.

Word puzzles are my favorite, like this one:
We're 5 little items of an everyday sort; you'll find us all in a tennis court.

BlooMilk C.
September 23rd, 2011, 09:38 PM
I'm usually good at solving riddles and puzzles, though it depends. For puzzles, as long as I know what the objective is, I can solve them, usually. Sometimes, I take a little while for riddles or give up eventually.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/know_your_paradoxes2_9503.jpg

King Gumball
September 24th, 2011, 02:22 AM
It depends what puzzles, I am generally good at find-a-words, spot the difference, board puzzles and sudoku. I suck at riddles though, they mind boggle me too much o_o I think too much so I'm always way off the usually obvious answer,