PDA

View Full Version : Did you wear your retainer?

Harley Quinn
September 22nd, 2011, 10:44 PM
... I didn't. Although my teeth still look fine, I have a bit of an overbite from not wearing my retainer, lol.
What about you?

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 22nd, 2011, 11:36 PM
I don't wear retainers because I don't have one but I might be getting braces soon D:

vaporeon7
September 22nd, 2011, 11:44 PM
I have braces, they're such a drag.

Briar
September 23rd, 2011, 12:10 AM
yes, i did.
but i didn't wear them on the intervals my dentist told me to, though.
i removed them whenever i ate, yes, but i didn't put them back on until a few hours later.

zappyspiker
September 23rd, 2011, 12:20 AM
I just got braces over two weeks ago, I'll get a retainer once their off in 9 months

Liam Crawford
September 23rd, 2011, 12:37 AM
I used to wear braces when I was 12 but not retainers.

PlatinumDude
September 23rd, 2011, 12:51 AM
I have retainers, even though I'm not wearing them right now. I got the retainers after having braces for 2 years.

Esper
September 23rd, 2011, 07:32 AM
Nope, I didn't, and one of my teeth ended up a little crooked because of it. You can't really even tell and everything else looks fine so it didn't do me any harm.

Shiny Celebi
September 23rd, 2011, 07:33 AM
I would forget to wear it sometimes and then, I lost it. Unfortunately my teeth moved. Now I need some kind of braces again.

Mew~
September 23rd, 2011, 07:55 AM
Ha. I wore them everyday for like 2 months after I got my braces out. Honestly, I haven't worn them in ages, and I have noticed my teeth moving back, so I'll probably have to wear them more. My teeth look normal for now though.

Kevin
September 23rd, 2011, 11:44 AM
I got my braces off two months ago, and I have worn my retainer every night since. My retainer only has to be worn at night so I have no problem wearing it.

Raizhu
September 23rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
I'm not done with my braces, but I guess I will wear my retainer once I get one.

Kelp
September 23rd, 2011, 12:15 PM
I never got braces or a retainer. Maybe I should/should've. :\

Truality
September 23rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
Nah, I never actually needed them.

My teeth all grew up normally, for once. I have other issues with them, though. xD

Toshiro.
September 23rd, 2011, 01:08 PM
I'm supposed to wear mine every night... but eh, I don't. I havent stopped wearing it completely though, I just stopped doing it every night.

Mr Cat Dog
September 23rd, 2011, 01:09 PM
After my braces were removed, I had to wear a permanent retainer for about a year... so, me being the rule-abiding teenager that I was (my parents were always worried that I never really rebelled against anything), I did so. Then the retainer became a non-permanent one, only to be worn at nights... then every other night... then once a week, until I don't have to wear it any more, now! (The orthodontist said to get the best results, I should wear it once a month forever but... no. Just no. That ain't happening.)

It's been about 5 years since that last period of retainer-ship, and my teeth are still going great. Thanks orthodontic!

Alli
September 23rd, 2011, 03:54 PM
Nope. Never had braces or a retainer. Looking back, I shouldn't have been a wuss and gotten braces, because my bottom teeth look weird. But I mean, if I smile, it's not like you see them so okay whatever. But yeah never had retainers or braces and if I got them now I'd feel lame so yeah bye.

Bluerang1
September 23rd, 2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks for reminding me that I need these. Got braces off without getting them Complicated sit.

shenanigans
September 25th, 2011, 04:25 AM
I've been pretty lucky with my teeth and never had to wear braces or retainers, or tbh had to have any real sort of dental care at all. Although if it was recommended to me, I don't really know if I'd wear a retainer; while they're used for a good reason they just look so uncomfortable.

Snow Phoenix
September 25th, 2011, 05:10 AM
I've never needed the extra dental assistance :3 I have great teeth! Mwahaha ;3 One of the few things I'm proud of to be honest :/

TRIFORCE89
September 25th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I still wear mine. After all the time, money, and discomfort, I sure as hell don't want to undo everything.

I would wear it just about every night when I slept; except for a handful times where I forgot. But, I was told now to just wear it every other night instead, so I guess it didn't matter.

Sodom
September 25th, 2011, 08:56 PM
When I was 10-11 I had plates to correct an overbite - not sure if that's the same thing as a retainer but I had one for the top of my mouth and one for the bottom. I wore them all the time at first but in the end I wore them less and less because they were absolutely disgusting. Also I used to play with them in my mouth so I'm not sure how much good they did. My overbite is gone now though, if that's any indication - and I never needed braces!

Kura
September 25th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I never needed braces or a retainer. I recently got some wisdom teeth out, and my bottom teeth at the side rotated slightly but have settled. They still look straight to anyone but I can feel it when I floss *super picky*.. but I wouldn't need braces for them.

Sammi
September 26th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Yes, but not by choice. I have a permanent retainer cemented to my bottom four front teeth. >___> It was probably supposed to be removed years ago but I can't afford to get them removed if I can.

I ditched my top retainer years ago. Wore it nightly for awhile until I got bored of it, basically.

Awesome.
September 26th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Never needed them because the orthodontist said I didn't need any /thread

Cherrim
September 26th, 2011, 05:40 PM
After my braces were removed, I had to wear a permanent retainer for about a year... so, me being the rule-abiding teenager that I was (my parents were always worried that I never really rebelled against anything), I did so. Then the retainer became a non-permanent one, only to be worn at nights... then every other night... then once a week, until I don't have to wear it any more, now! (The orthodontist said to get the best results, I should wear it once a month forever but... no. Just no. That ain't happening.)

It's been about 5 years since that last period of retainer-ship, and my teeth are still going great. Thanks orthodontic!
This is what happened to me. 8D I had a permanent retainer for years (since I was... 14 or so?) and then earlier this year I got it taken out so I could instead wear a top and bottom retainer just at nights. After a few weeks I stopped wearing it altogether. I wear them once a month, I guess, but I haven't noticed any difference in my teeth so I think I'm probably free from them.

:P It was actually MCD who convinced me once and for all to switch when he mentioned his wonderful habits on Twitter.