• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

'tis inappropriate to laugh, m'kay?

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Bad thread title

Only few questions that I'll ask. I'm looking for more specific answers, but yes/no is fine.

-Did you ever laugh at something that you shouldn't laugh at?
-Did you ever find yourself in a difficult situation after publicly laughing at something inappropriate? (Unintentionally, I hope)
-Were you ever offended by someone laughing in an inappropriate situation?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
-Did you ever laugh at something that you shouldn't laugh at? Yes, but I think that mainly deals with it reminding me of something I laughed at before. I often laugh randomly in serious situations because I remember something someone said or did in the spur of the moment.
-Did you ever find yourself in a difficult situation after publicly laughing at something inappropriate? You mean, do I find it awkward or does it make me nervous? No.
-Were you ever offended by someone laughing in an inappropriate situation? Yes. Just recently (as in a few hours ago), my brother laughed at a horrible thing a man said while on the Steve Wilkos show. I was disgusted.

Years
Well i laugh at common things that i know i shouldn't laugh at like when people fall over and such but if i ever laugh at something worse its usually because of something unrelated popping into my head and making me giggle at the worse possible time.
-Did you ever find yourself in a difficult situation after publicly laughing at something inappropriate? (Unintentionally, I hope)
A while back i was sat next to someone in class who's elbow slipped off the table while the teacher was giving a lecture about something and i just burst into a fit of laughter in the almost silent room. Everybody in the class was staring at me xD
Not really, i've done it enough times to know that your brain can just be an ass sometimes and make you laugh at the most inappropriate time possible.

Ayselipera

Oh my god yes, all the time. Sometimes I think my reaction to really awkward stuff is just to laugh.

Not really. I've been given bad looks which usually only makes me laugh more. I'm not really laughing at their situation though it's just the awkwardness of whatever it is that I shouldn't be laughing at!

Not that I recall. I remember once I told a friend that my grandmother died and she started dying laughing out of sheer awkwardness and the fact that she was laughing made me start dying at the situation myself. We still bring up that story from time to time and of course laugh at it all over again.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
>Did you ever laugh at something that you shouldn't laugh at?
Yeah, I've done the 'point and laugh' thing several times. It's rude, I know, but under some circumstances I really couldn't hold back. Mpfffhahaha

>Did you ever find yourself in a difficult situation after publicly laughing at something inappropriate? (Unintentionally, I hope)
No, actually, I hardly laugh whenever there are lots of people around me. Even if something is too funny to just look at, I only maintain my burst to a chuckle. Resistance is futile when I'm alone or with friends, though. JEHAHAHAHA

>Were you ever offended by someone laughing in an inappropriate situation?
Nah, I personally wouldn't see laughter as something offensive, unless I see people laugh at funerals. But even then it might someone from the party cheering others up. So no. I don't see laughter as a means of mockery. Teeheehee

Years
Did you ever laugh at something that you shouldn't laugh at?
Yes, a lot of times I have done this. I don't normally laugh out loud if it is possible, I will try and cover it up so I don't look like a harsh so and so.

Did you ever find yourself in a difficult situation after publicly laughing at something inappropriate? (Unintentionally, I hope)
Yes, many times and mainly in school. I always use to laugh at someone getting told of or something funny that would happen.

Were you ever offended by someone laughing in an inappropriate situation?
Nope, I take it like water off a ducks back. I am pretty thick skinned anyway, so it takes a lot to offend me.​

Back