PDA

View Full Version : [HGSS] Good trapper lead in SS?

KH Fan Bixran
September 24th, 2011, 06:40 AM
I am going for 64 bp in the battle tower, and currently have 31 bp. I want a good trapping lead that can be found in Soulsilver, and that wont take a couple of days to get.

The rest pf my team will be as follows:

Gallade w/ muscle band
Hasty nature
Steadfast
1: Psycho cut
2: Shadow sneak(to be replaced by ice punch once I get 64 bp)
3: Night slash
4: Close Combat

The whole reason im going through the battle frontier. I know I could replace shadow sneak with swords dance, I just cant find any heart scales.

Houndoom w/ wise glasses
Docile nature
Early bird
1: Dark pulse
2: flamethrower
3: nasty plot
4: fire blast

My special attacker. I know that his ability sucks, but it would take too long to level up another one.

For the third slot, I want a good physical defensive trapper, dual type, good moveset, AND has to be easy to get in soulsilver.

njepkemaz
September 24th, 2011, 07:40 AM
sludge bomb on your houndoom instead fire blast. you already have a fire move and i would rather keep better accuracy with flamethrower. you can get sludge bomb from the route 43 gate attendant.

Squirrel
September 24th, 2011, 02:21 PM
As far as trappers go, the three best are really Gengar (mean look from Ghastly), Bastiodon (Block) or Snorlax (Block) - any of these three are very good pokemon to use. Gengar's an amazing sweeper but probably can't handle losing a turn from using mean look, so I'd recommend either Bastiodon or Snorlax based on their immense health and defenses. Bastiodon's got more weaknesses but can also be a lot more effective if you use it well.