PDA

View Full Version : Monochromophobia [Favorite Color Thread]

Oryx
September 24th, 2011, 10:06 PM
http://www.randomoriginal.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Rainbow-Paint.jpgWhat's your favorite color?

Why?
Has it changed over the years at all?

PlatinumDude
September 24th, 2011, 10:11 PM
My favorite color is blue because it looks cool on anything. Before that, it was purple, though I still like the color now.

zappyspiker
September 24th, 2011, 10:17 PM
I used to like yellow when I was younger but I like blue and orange now. No reason though, I just got tired of yellow xD

miju-kun
September 24th, 2011, 11:27 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bd/Color_icon_blue.svg/250px-Color_icon_blue.svg.png
All the shades of blue. Why? It has that soothing feel to it. It's also easy in the eyes, unlike neon yellow. For my whole life my favorite color was blue except when I was eight I was addicted to Mickey Mouse so I changed my color to red. But sooner, I got tired of red and got back to blue.

YES 3RD POST

Shining Raichu
September 25th, 2011, 03:17 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ekrd4o.jpg

My favourite colour is green. Ever since I can remember, I've loved the colour green. It's just such a refreshing colour, it's hard to explain. Perhaps because it can be significant of nature and whatnot... it just sends me to a happy place.

I've never really had to think about why green is my favourite colour before lol.

Mr Cat Dog
September 25th, 2011, 03:22 AM
It certainly used to be blue, as in primary school Sports Day teams I was a member of the Blue Team, and became weirdly protective and almost patriotic with regards to the colour, even years after I left school. However, that protectionism has dissipated throughout the years and... I'm not even sure if I do have a favourite colour any more.

I guess if I had to choose, it'd be blue. But it could also be black or something like that; I like the simplicity of it... you can't have different shades of black (Grey doesn't count; that's a different colour - and kettle of fish - entirely). So, blue or black.

Truality
September 25th, 2011, 03:39 AM
My favorite is black. I don't really know why, though.

It's everywhere I look, it gives intensity to things, it's a mysterious color. People consider it a bad color-by stereotype, so what? I like seeing it, wearing it, drawing with it, writing with it, etc.

I used to like blue until I was 15, but that preference faded away with my innocence

EDIT: Lol I just saw Mr Cat Dog's reply. SO similar.

Impo
September 25th, 2011, 03:44 AM
I don't think I actually have a favourite colour. I've never actually really preferred one colour to the other, but it's usually always a mix.

I like to add sophistication to it by saying I treat all colours with equal amounts of respect and favouritism - none.

Snow Phoenix
September 25th, 2011, 04:32 AM
I used to be a big fan of the color Green :3 My first name starts with an A and Alligators also started with an A so Alligators were my favorite animal and Alligators also were green so my favorite color was green :P Pretty simplistic xD Now my favorite color is blue :3 I just love how all my favorite things are a "blue" color xD

Graceful
September 25th, 2011, 06:33 AM
I actually have two favourite colours.

It's out of Black or Purple.
I'm not sure why, but I just love the colours Black and Purple.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 25th, 2011, 06:45 AM
It used to be blue. But recently it's changed to purple, I think because it's my college's secondary color for their logos and stuff. The switch of my favorite color was rather gradual if I recall, starting soon after I began college.

BareBones
September 25th, 2011, 06:46 AM
I'm a big fan of the colour blue. However, green, purple, orange and red come close.

It has changed, I imagine. Between those five colours mostly.

-Jared-
September 25th, 2011, 07:05 AM
I like blue and orange. At first, I only really liked blue, just because it was appealing color to me, but when I started making graphics, I noticed that blue and orange made a really awesome gradient, so I decided that orange was an awesome color as well, because they work so well together. XD At least, in my opinion. >__>

Shiny Celebi
September 25th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I like Purple. I just think its really pretty.

Sammi
September 25th, 2011, 08:13 AM
It's a tie between pink and orange. They're both bright and cheerful colors. I couldn't pick just one of them! ;___;

When I was younger, my favorite color was red. I was told that for a lot of kids, until like 6 or 7 their favorite color is red, and then it changes from there. idk if there's any truth in that, so take that with a grain of salt, but I always found it interesting regardless.

Ash
September 25th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Red!

It's been my favorite color since Middle School, and it's stuck there since. Before then in Elementary School it was either Purple or Yellow for some unexplained reason. I'm not too sure of said reason anymore. I can't stand too much of bright red though; it has to be the darker shades of Red if there's going to be a lot of it.

aruchan
September 25th, 2011, 09:36 AM
My favourite colours in descending order would be: green, blue, pink, red, purple/violet, yellow, orange, and brown. I don't like brown. :D

Manila Luzon
September 25th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I'd have to say Red. I don't know why. When people ask me and I say Red, they're like "Oh do you get angry a lot?" because Red = Anger, apparently. .____. I don't know why I like it, I just do. I like the lighter shades more than the darker ones though.

wcdaily
September 25th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I like the colors blue and purple, there is just something cool about those colors, it used to be green and I still like it.

Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog
September 25th, 2011, 10:07 AM
My favorite color is green, there's two shades I really like. One being avocado green, especially on appliances; and the other being really bright green (especially paired with black) because of those monochrome computer monitors.

That said, I also really like brown and harvest gold. And my favourite color used to be pink, which I really dislike now, so yeah it's definitely changed.

Tapioca
September 25th, 2011, 10:16 AM
When I was younger, I always liked yellow. I wanted everything I owned to be bright yellow. I wasn't sure why I liked it so much, but I did and yay.

Then my brother started making fun of me for liking yellow because he thought it was a stupid color and that I was stupid for liking it. We were like 4. So then I went between red, blue, pink, and green over the years, and I'm right back where I started once again.

Yellow.

Freddy Fazbear
September 25th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Surprisingly, my favorite color is NOT black. It's actually grey. Grey is the only color that symbolizes equality to me. Every other color seems to have some sort of bias imo.

Osiris
September 25th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I don't really have a favorite color, I prefer black and gray (which are technically shades, I suppose). If there was one color that I preferred over the others, it would be dark red.

I also used to like orange for no real reason when I was younger, but I don't much care for it any more.

Kevin
September 25th, 2011, 05:39 PM
I always loved blue. No specific shade of blue, just blue itself.

Ayselipera
September 25th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I've gone through color phases quite a bit, overall I always end up going back to blue no matter what. I think it might just be because it's a very calming color and I find it looks good on just about anything. Also I notice it's typically the only colorful color that I wear in clothing. I lean way to much towards black, white, grey, and brown. :(

Hikamaru
September 25th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Blue because Oshawott is blue and I love it!

Blue all the way!

Alice
September 25th, 2011, 07:22 PM
My favorite color was blue when I was a little kid, but it's been orange for a long time now. Don't really remember when it changed.

Kyoko
September 25th, 2011, 07:48 PM
When I was younger my favorite color was different shades of blue and green. I don't really remember when, but sometime in high school I fell in love with color turquoise which is pretty much a lovely combination of the two colors :) so it makes perfect sense.

My two favorite colors now: turquoise + silver. And I adore them together too.

God
September 25th, 2011, 08:39 PM
I change my favorite color all the time, but most often it ends up being magenta, light blue, purple or green. I love bright colors, they're so adorable and they make me feel happy!
One color that has never graced the 'Favorite Color Hall of Fame' of mine is beige. Beige... oh, that poor, disgraceful color. Why it exists, I'll never know.

Gino Weinberg
September 25th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Blue, Green and Yellow are, and have been, my fave colors for some time now.

Chiar
September 26th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Pine green. It has never changed since I was very young. It's calming and refreshing.

vaporeon7
September 26th, 2011, 12:55 AM
I love orange, blue and purple. I find it hard to choose a favourite. They have always been my favourites.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 26th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Pink and Black and Silver are my favorites <333 Why? Because they're pretty, and I'm girly :D When I was little I liked baby pink and pastel purple. xD;;

Avishka
September 26th, 2011, 01:42 AM
My favorite colors are BLACK , RED and PURPLE
I don't know why, i just love them.

Patatas Fritas
September 27th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Black is a shade not a colour.

Cyan & dark purple are my favourite colours. I also like electric blue and most shades of blue, not a fan of lighter purples. I like pink and hate green and I'm not a fan of Yellow either. Dark reds are also nice~

Awesome.
September 27th, 2011, 01:01 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2570nlf.png
#FF3E6D Is the pink
#FBF087 is the yellow
It's a tie between this colorful(pun intended) duo
In this it was red because it was the first crayon I picked out of the box in grade school, then orange, cyan, blue, green, then of course those two colors are tied