PDA

View Full Version : #Things I would tell him: Go to sleep more often.

Miss Doronjo
September 26th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Lets just say, that I gave you a time machine (lol I'm not being imaginative) And, lets say that when you traveled back in time, you soon meet a person who's 10 years of age: which turns out to be you!

Now, what would you tell your 10-year-old self?

Perrie ✿
September 26th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Interesting thread. ;o; Um, I'd probably say stop messing about in school. I was so annoying in those days. If I had stuck in I probably would be something more today. \;

Raizhu
September 26th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Be strong, you're going to go through hell in a few years.
Also, make sure Mom buys an ultraviolet light for the lizard.

Oryx
September 26th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Let's see. I turned 10 in...5th grade.

I would probably tell myself not to worry so much. From just about there on I used to worry about making friends, doing well, getting myself wound up on little things, which I could have started avoiding then, and maybe I wouldn't have so many problems with not crying over everything today. xD;

Karasuma
September 26th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I would tell my 10 year old self to be strong, do well in school, take karate lessons, make friends, and not get jealous when my new baby sister would be born in a year from then. Also, to take care of my Super Nintendo console because grandma would sell it by mistake in a garage sale. xD

Kinarii
September 26th, 2011, 04:46 PM
[css-span="font-family: "Tahoma"; font-size: 11px; color: #4b373d;"]Cool thread topic :3

I'd tell her to work harder (long-standing childhood laziness still hangs over me to this day), to draw more often and more seriously (so I'd be even better by this age than I am now), and not to fret about how none of the other kids in midwestern rich-kid school like or understand her. For one, other nerds do exist, and in great numbers (just in other places), and for two, she's friggin' awesome and will have so many wonderful friends and companions when she grows up and finds her calling. Oh, and to fix her posture for Pete's sake and get her back checked. My screwed-up spine might just be the biggest hindrance to my productivity.[/css-span]

Jak
September 26th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Tell him not to listen to what the kids would tell me when I got to 6th grade. Just suck it up for a year and you'll be back at this school, I promise.

Saerith
September 26th, 2011, 05:02 PM
I'd tell her to not let anyone get close in school and spend more time with mum and older brother, save that 10 year old a lot of pain.

wcdaily
September 26th, 2011, 05:19 PM
I would put my hand on his shoulder, look him in the eye, and say "Good luck."

Esper
September 26th, 2011, 05:27 PM
"I know. It's okay. You might not realize it right now, but you will soon and it's okay to tell someone. You'll want to tell someone and you will feel better once you do. It's okay to be scared, but as long as you're honest with yourself you'll won't have to worry."

Kyoko
September 26th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I would tell little ten year-old me that I had some hard times coming up pretty soon. I would also tell myself that in spite of the horrible times ahead, some amazing things were in store, so to not be overwhelmed and so upset about the bad times that I overlooked all the good around me. Keep my head up no matter what :)

Forever
September 26th, 2011, 06:43 PM
That although you may still be coming to terms with who your parents are, you shouldn't fear anything because in a few years everything that's unusual now will be normal for you.

Arago
September 26th, 2011, 06:54 PM
i wish i could say something relatable to the age i was and what i was going through, but i'm someone who thinks about the future too much to worry about the present. i'd tell myself "don't compromise your talents, goals, morals, beliefs and ambitions for anyone or anything. no matter what." which has affected sooo many things. i'll drop a hint to also act more on impulses, because my gut feelings were mostly right, and my head always seemed wrong. "don't overthink; do."

Mariah Carey
September 26th, 2011, 08:02 PM
"Chris, you're going to grow up to be incredibly tall. Buy size 14 shoes as soon as you get the money. You're going to need them."

Jak
September 26th, 2011, 08:06 PM
oh i thought of something else. "please dress better, you look like a hot mess."

-Jared-
September 26th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I would tell me "Don't worry about people accepting who you are. You'll always have more people on your side than you can imagine. Also, do your senior project."

aruchan
September 26th, 2011, 08:28 PM
That there are really despicable people in the world. That you shouldn't trust people, even those you thought were friends. That you must always fight back or lose your place in life.

I'm pretty sure my 10 year old self knew those already though. lol

Jude Mathis
September 26th, 2011, 08:37 PM
"Take karate, don't be so shy, and try to care at least a little bit more about school. D<"

That's about it..

PlatinumDude
September 26th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I'd tell him not to act like a jerk on real life and on the Internet, as well as to study hard.

miju-kun
September 27th, 2011, 03:57 AM
It's probably going to be a para-dox really. Because I'm currently ten so does that mean I'm going back in time seeing myself like it was now. This is so confusing! Help me!

Anyway, I'd tell him to study harder, talk like a computer (e.g "i'm going home" to going back to my network) but I probably wouldn't do it now because i'm lazy lol.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 27th, 2011, 04:45 AM
"Sometime in your life, you will stumble upon a site on the computer called Serebii Forums. Avoid that site at all costs."

"Begin your job search while still in college. Unless you like the idea of living back home, out in the wilderness, in a dilapidated house with your evil dictator parents."

"When your sister gets married in about five or six years, please try to convince her to put you up somewhere besides the crappy Super 8 motel in Nashville. That place is a filthy dump."

And, if I meet my former self in time...

"Beware the springboard when you take that unit in Gym class. You screw your knees up for life on that thing."

"Get involved in school activities."

"There's this awesome thing called Japanese animation or anime. Start getting into that at a young age. Even if mom and dad probably won't approve, lol."

Mr Cat Dog
September 27th, 2011, 06:24 AM
"Don't worry. Just keep a positive outlook and everything will be fine."

Briar
September 27th, 2011, 07:29 AM
i would tell my 10 year-old self to keep chugging down milk, do stretches in the morning, fix that broken spanish guitar and start learning to play it, get a really cool hairstyle once i hit age thirteen and get new glasses frames.

Gold warehouse
September 27th, 2011, 08:55 AM
"ryan do not go to that god damn school"

Patatas Fritas
September 27th, 2011, 09:14 AM
"I won't lie and tell you your life is gonna be easy. It wont. You probably already know that by now though. I need you too stay strong, and when you finally realise who you truly are you need to march on and be who you want to be. No matter what other people say you're beautiful and you're going to blossom into an amazing person. Get your act together and focus on your drama earlier, and when you meet that guy on a Pokemon Forum, don't give up on him like you may of wanted too at first - He's gonna end up being a very valuable part of your life. Oh and your mother is crazy already, it's only gonna get worse. Good luck. You're loved."

Sammi
September 27th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Try drinking more milk! Maybe then you'd be taller than five feet. Maybe. (tbh it's probably mostly genetics that's kept me this short but I didn't drink milk much either.) And don't be such a pushover, being one gets you nowhere. Stop procrastinating, too, because that's an awful habit. Finally, don't be a lazy bum and look into college when you are older.

Knowing me I'd ignore all this, though. 8D

Kura
September 27th, 2011, 02:24 PM
"Keep doing what you're doing and don't you dare care what anyone else thinks. Don't let others get you down because it's not worth it and don't ever be afraid of people judging you. Do what YOU want."

Chikara
September 27th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Take your pills.
Sit down in your seat.
Your teacher hates you, stop annoying her.
Be better at math.
Go to speech class, you suck at pronouncing your R's.
Also, S's.

I was an insane child.