PDA

View Full Version : "........"

Noah Ridgewood
September 27th, 2011, 10:02 AM
You had a nice day planned with your best friend. Here's what happened:

They picked you up at your house, and the two of you had a nice conversation on your way to the park, where you sat, walked around, swung on the swings, and watched the sky. Many people would have found that boring, but you appreciate the simplicity of it all with spending it with one of your favorite people.

Soon after, the two of you go to the mall to have a late lunch and look around at the various shops. Afterwards, the two of you go to movies. Neither of you can figure out what you want to see, so you tell the man behind the counter to surprise you while your best friend is getting snacks. The movie was good, and your best friend shares a secret with you on the way out.

You're starting to get hungry again and look at your watch to discover that it's 9:00 PM. Your friend suggests the two of you eat at a diner and offers to pay. You accept. After a wonderful dinner, your friend leans in and kisses you. When (s)he pulls back, (s)he's smiling. A smile that you read as 'yeah, that just happened.' Their smile fades into a look of concern.

You open your mouth to speak.

What is your immediate reaction and what do you say?

Guy
September 27th, 2011, 10:12 AM
It depends...

1) If I actually shared the same feelings about them as they did with me, then I'd be smiling too. I'd be a bit shocked, but I'd probably be thinking in my mind, "Yes! She feels the same way about me. Finally."

2) If I just saw them as who they were, my best friend, then I'd be sort of speechless. Which would end up leaving an awkward moment after the kiss. I wouldn't know what to say after that, but I'm pretty sure I'd start off with a "Errr..." or maybe I'd do a "Uuuuh..."

Gold warehouse
September 27th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I don't say anything, I go in for another kiss.

LIKE THAT WOULD EVER HAPPEN

Noah Ridgewood
September 27th, 2011, 10:13 AM
It depends...

1) If I actually shared the same feelings about them as they did with me, then I'd be smiling too. I'd be a bit shocked, but I'd probably be thinking in my mind, "Yes! She feels the same way about me. Finally."

2) If I just saw them as who they were, my best friend, then I'd be sort of speechless. Which would end up leaving an awkward moment after the kiss. I wouldn't know what to say after that, but I'm pretty sure I'd start off with a "Errr..." or maybe I'd do a "Uuuuh..."
You're mistaken. I am not a girl. </excuse to post this:>

FOR FUTURE POSTERS: IF YOUR BEST FRIEND IS THE SAME SEX AS YOU AND THIS HAPPENS TO YOU AND YOU ARE NOT GAY YOU CAN'T CHANGE TO AN ~OPPOSITE SEX~ FRIEND!! Same goes for people who reply who are gay and have a different sex best friend!

Guy
September 27th, 2011, 10:20 AM
You're mistaken. I am not a girl.
Omg lol! I can have a female best friend. As a matter of fact, I do. Two!

But, if I'm out with my guy best friend, and he coughyoucouch did that, then I think it'd go something like this...

1) Eyes open wide
2) Breathe in deep, thinking to myself "Ooooh...my..."
3) Awkward moment of silence
4) Start my sentence with "Errrr..." or "Uuuuh..."
5) Try to speak, but am really thinking, "WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?"

Yup, that's what might happen.

-Jared-
September 27th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Well, since my best real friend is male, I would be like "Wait what, you're gay?" Followed by "Yes!" *fist pump* XD

If it was my best female friend, though, I would be like "Ummm, sorry....but..." Then I would tell her why it wouldn't work out. >__> But I would try really hard to break it gently to her.

Esper
September 27th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Why the look of concern? Do I have something in my teeth in this scenario?

Anyway, I wouldn't know what to say and I'd probably blush and get all flustered and secretly hope that they'd do it again. There would probably be some silent, hand-on-the-arm, sleeve-clutching, "don't-stop" deep eye staring going on.

But then I'd come to my senses and say something like "I can't," "I already have someone," etc. etc. and it would be awkward after that.

Oryx
September 27th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I would feel bad and kind of confused because I have a boyfriend and my best friend has a boyfriend so I wouldn't understand why she would do something like that. XD Bad because I'd have to remind her that she just got back together with her boyfriend and that I'm straight, lol. x.x

Awesome.
September 27th, 2011, 11:02 AM
If it was my male best friend, I wouldn't be surprised, even though he's straight, because he's gayest straight kid ever (also he's considered my cousin, because my uncle was his step-dad). I'd probably pull away then laugh, then say "what was that?"

If it was my female best friend I would be shocked but probably go in for another one because I dated her once and I do regret breaking up.

Ayselipera
September 27th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I'm imagining the situation is we're both single so after being kissed I would probably get all blushy and awkward like I usually do in those situations and then say something like, "Can we do that again? :)" As in kiss, but you know whatever comes after would probably be fine by me!

Andddd honestly I would probably do the same thing regardless of gender of the best friend seeing as I have equal best friends of both genders.

Bluerang1
September 27th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I don't has best friend. Though I have more girlfriends, my best friend would probably be a guy an I would have retracted before lips touched. If the did, urgh, I'd be like "what the hell/ok you get that for spending money and such". Then talk it out. Perhaps avoid them for sometime but we'll be cool afterwards.

Also, I don't see things getting this far with a guy, ever. Who swings and watches the sky? xD

A girl however, I love you but not interested in a relationship for some time but we'd be even closer which is great when I'm ready to propose xD

Patatas Fritas
September 27th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Uhm well like all my best friends are girls and I'm straight so I'd be like...

"Uh... What the heck was that?" or just laugh. Though if it was one of my guy friends that don't really exist but yanno... Depending on which one I'd probably blush and like stare at them smiling and secretly hope they kissed me again.

I can't see this happening anytime this century though, not gonna lie.

Cassino
September 27th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Demeanour: Unsurprised
Speech: Please don't do that.

Kevin
September 27th, 2011, 01:27 PM
If it was my best girl friend, then I would probably be quiet and then we might kiss again. Because she is pretty.

If it was my best guy friend I would just stare at him. Even though I'm bi he doesn't look that attractive to me so yeah...

Sammi
September 27th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I would be severely confused because my best friend's engaged. o____O But then again I've never met my best friend irl so this situation is highly improbable! And if we go by my best friend irl, she's romantically involved as well. (I also assume she's straight but then again assumptions are bad, so idk.) So either or I'd be severely, severely confused. I'd probably spend my time going "but I'm not interested in you like your partner is! :("

Alli
September 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Okay I have two best friends so

best friend one: "Didn't we go through this you said you were gay AND I'M TELLING JESUS ON YOU"

best friend two: Well I'd be speechless tbqh and I'd be blushing a lot. I might go for another?

Kura
September 27th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I don't know if this is hypothetical or.. if you're asking us to base this answer on some of the friends we have .___.

If hypothetical: It'd obviously depend on if I had feelings for the friend in question..

If real: I HAVE NO FRIENNDDDS!!!! *CRY* .. Actually, I do have friends.. but I also have a boyfriend whom I love very much.. so no .__. I wouldn't be pursuing that relationship.. >_> And I would be VERY angry with them if they actually had the interest in mind of landing that kiss KNOWING I had a boyfriend.

>_> I actually have a jerk who keeps hitting on me through PM on another forum.. knowing that I'm in a long-term relationship. It's like.. you're trying to be nice and friendly but they're just freaking pushy.. and even AFTER you tell them that what they're doing is making you feel awkward it's just like.. THEY KEEP DOING IT AND >___> DON'T YOU GET IT?! Arghs.. STOP PRETENDING TO FLATTER ME WITH YOUR CREEPINESS!!!!!!!!!

okay rant over.

But yeah, in conclusion, if I had a friend who was intentionally trying to get me to cheat on my boyfriend by dining me and trying to kiss me.. >_> then I think that friend is incredibly disrespectful and very opposite to my morals and they would instantly stop being my friend. >_> I don't know why they think that would work when anyone who knows me knows I am a really loyal person. Even still, if they lose my trust by doing something like that or going behind my back I just have no tolerance for it. No BSing I would drop them in an instant.

Tapioca
September 27th, 2011, 02:54 PM
But yeah, in conclusion, if I had a friend who was intentionally trying to get me to cheat on my boyfriend by dining me and trying to kiss me.. >_> then I think that friend is incredibly disrespectful and very opposite to my morals and they would instantly stop being my friend. >_> I don't know why they think that would work when anyone who knows me knows I am a really loyal person. Even still, if they lose my trust by doing something like that or going behind my back I just have no tolerance for it. No BSing I would drop them in an instant.

It's... just a kiss ._. I mean I understand it's against your morals and everything, but it's not like they're trying to have sex with you. I don't think the fact that someone likes you that much is a real reason to just... completely make your friendship null and void. You COULD calmly explain to them that you're taken.

But that's just me.

Well I'm the shyest person in the world, I'd be surprised, but not upset.

I have a boyfriend, but it's not really made public yet in IRLland(cause it might cause drama, we're waiting for an okay time to be like "lol btw hands off").

SO, best GIRL friend reaction: "ARE YOU DRUNK CAUSE YOU TEND TO KISS ME WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK. AND BY TEND, I MEAN EVERY TIME. MULTIPLE TIMES." She was my new year's kiss lmfao.

Best BOY friend reaction: "Oh God I didn't know you... I uh... Thanks I'm flattered ;____; but I can't really..." Then I'd give him a hug cause I don't want everything to get awkward ):

Freddy Fazbear
September 27th, 2011, 03:55 PM
If it was my best girl friend, I would honestly be shocked, silent, and overjoyed (If I had enough pride I might dance at this point, but I don't, so mental dancing would suffice). Once I regain my composure, I would probably smile, and let her make the next move. Maybe I'd kiss her again.

If it was my best dude friend, I might kinda mentally freak. I wouldn't let him try again. I'd probably be like "Dude, I'm not gay. Sorry." Then awkwardness would follow and I would find it hard to speak to him again. Because if he was my theoretical best friend, I figure he'd tell me if he's gay or not before he kisses me.

However in reality, neither scenario is possible since I don't have best friends. Only friends. None are better than another.

Kura
September 27th, 2011, 04:27 PM
It's... just a kiss ._. I mean I understand it's against your morals and everything, but it's not like they're trying to have sex with you. I don't think the fact that someone likes you that much is a real reason to just... completely make your friendship null and void. You COULD calmly explain to them that you're taken.

But that's just me.

Well I'm the shyest person in the world, I'd be surprised, but not upset.

I have a boyfriend, but it's not really made public yet in IRLland(cause it might cause drama, we're waiting for an okay time to be like "lol btw hands off").

SO, best GIRL friend reaction: "ARE YOU DRUNK CAUSE YOU TEND TO KISS ME WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK. AND BY TEND, I MEAN EVERY TIME. MULTIPLE TIMES." She was my new year's kiss lmfao.

Best BOY friend reaction: "Oh God I didn't know you... I uh... Thanks I'm flattered ;____; but I can't really..." Then I'd give him a hug cause I don't want everything to get awkward ):

Same thing when it comes to a relationship. If they kiss you it means they're interested in you enough to think sexually of you. I explained that if they KNEW that I was in a relationship and did so anyways it would be over- as they obviously wouldn't have respect for me enough to respect that I am taken and endanger my current relationship.

Likewise if I found out my boyfriend was kissed by some girl and he didn't get pissed or at least tell her that it was wrong for her to do that, then I would certainly be pissed at him.

This is what I deeply believe:
When someone kisses you knowing you're taken it's ALWAYS more than just a kiss; it's an incentive to try to win you over from the person you're currently with- hence.. no respect for you or especially your partner. If you're in a relationship and willing to consider breaking it off, then do it first before hurting your significant over and betraying them like that. Sort things out before cheating.. because cheating and infidelity is one of the ugliest things in the world IMO.

A kiss signifies a lot of things; love, passion, intimacy. It's never "JUST a kiss".. >_> Even if you kiss your pet it signifies that you love them, though I'm certainly not the type of person to go around just kissing everyone for the hell of it- and I am also not the type of person to throw around the word "love" so meaninglessly when it comes to people.

Those who are my friends would know this, and SHOULD at least respect my views enough to NOT kiss me when I am in a relationship. If they don't respect me then they're not my friends- simple as that.

>_> Likewise I wonder what you would do if you found out some tramp kissed your boyfriend? Would you really not care? I know I would at LEAST be concerned.

However, if they DID NOT know I was taken, yes, I would tell them that I was taken and that I had no interest pursing a relationship on the next level. Whatever follows depends on their reaction- like I said.. if they're pushy about it then I would avoid them. If they're understanding and want to be friends, I would stay friends. I would never keep anything from my boyfriend and explain the situation to him, though. >_> As some people get very vindictive and make up rumors and crap.. I would never want that to happen but my boyfriend and I understand each other on that level that we do trust each other with everything and it's better to be open with anything that happens, including the "bad" things or things that might hurt the relationship. It's better to deal with it early on than let it linger and ruin things.

My $2.

Tapioca
September 27th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Same thing when it comes to a relationship. If they kiss you it means they're interested in you enough to think sexually of you. I explained that if they KNEW that I was in a relationship and did so anyways it would be over- as they obviously wouldn't have respect for me enough to respect that I am taken and endanger my current relationship.

Likewise if I found out my boyfriend was kissed by some girl and he didn't get pissed or at least tell her that it was wrong for her to do that, then I would certainly be pissed at him.

This is what I deeply believe:
When someone kisses you knowing you're taken it's ALWAYS more than just a kiss; it's an incentive to try to win you over from the person you're currently with- hence.. no respect for you or especially your partner. If you're in a relationship and willing to consider breaking it off, then do it first before hurting your significant over and betraying them like that. Sort things out before cheating.. because cheating and infidelity is one of the ugliest things in the world IMO.

A kiss signifies a lot of things; love, passion, intimacy. It's never "JUST a kiss".. >_> Even if you kiss your pet it signifies that you love them, though I'm certainly not the type of person to go around just kissing everyone for the hell of it- and I am also not the type of person to throw around the word "love" so meaninglessly when it comes to people.

Those who are my friends would know this, and SHOULD at least respect my views enough to NOT kiss me when I am in a relationship. If they don't respect me then they're not my friends- simple as that.

>_> Likewise I wonder what you would do if you found out some tramp kissed your boyfriend? Would you really not care? I know I would at LEAST be concerned.

However, if they DID NOT know I was taken, yes, I would tell them that I was taken and that I had no interest pursing a relationship on the next level. Whatever follows depends on their reaction- like I said.. if they're pushy about it then I would avoid them. If they're understanding and want to be friends, I would stay friends. I would never keep anything from my boyfriend and explain the situation to him, though. >_> As some people get very vindictive and make up rumors and crap.. I would never want that to happen but my boyfriend and I understand each other on that level that we do trust each other with everything and it's better to be open with anything that happens, including the "bad" things or things that might hurt the relationship. It's better to deal with it early on than let it linger and ruin things.

My $2.

tl;dr

I'm sorry you got offended, but people are entitled to their opinions.

Kura
September 27th, 2011, 04:46 PM
tl;dr

I'm sorry you got offended, but people are entitled to their opinions.

Not offended, just clarifying what I believe. :3 Besides, these answers are completely personal, hence the "IMO/ I believe" in my posts. Though in all due respect, you did not need to respond rudely by blatantly ignoring my response to yours and to assume I was attacking you when all I mentioned was how I would handle the situation (and express my concern about how I'd feel if it happened the other way around. Plus the added rude post comment was also unnecessary.) Simple. .o. I will not respond further on the matter here; but you are free to PM me if you want to continue the discussion. :3

Shining Raichu
September 27th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Wow this thread just shifted into a very "Other Chat" energy that is a little uncomfortable :P

To answer the question, I'd say "uh... y-you know I'm gay." I honestly wouldn't know how to proceed from there, because she does know I'm gay and if she were to try to kiss me it would be the most awkward and wtf-ish situation ever. I'd have to wonder what possessed her to do such a thing and I think there would be awkward silence for a VERY long time.

Kyoko
September 27th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I'm waiting for this exact situation between my friend and I to happen >_____________________> he needs to take the hint asap.

if it did happen I would be thrilled and be like "WOW FINALLY, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, WHY DID THIS TAKE SO LONG? LETS STOP BEING LAME AND DATE NOW OKAY THANKS".

Raizhu
September 27th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I'd be very shocked.
My reaction? Probably a bunch of senseless garble.

Cordelia
September 27th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't be too surprised because she's supposed to do that anyway. My best friend is my wife. <.< >.>

TornZero
September 27th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Girl best friend: I wouldn't mind it much, but I'd try keeping things as "best friends"; I prefer it like that.

Guy best friend: I would probably blush at a kiss from him since he's kind of cute, but the end result would be the same: asking to stay best friends (obviously after a few moments of an awkward silence and covering my mouth).
I wouldn't mind it if he did it again, though. ^^

PlatinumDude
September 27th, 2011, 11:51 PM
I'd say "that was unexpected," then go for another kiss if possible.

Melody
September 28th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Considering my best friends in reality are indeed of the same gender as I am...I'd first ask them "Are you coming out for me?" If they replied yes to this, I certainly wouldn't turn them down. :3

I don't have to worry about their gender though, and if it's my best friend, then all the better...I prefer people I know over some random stranger chasing me with amorous intent.

vaporeon7
September 28th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Obviously have intercourse in the toilets.

Just a massive uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh rrrrriiiiiiiggggghhhhhttttttyyyyyoooo.

Then a pause, then I change the topic to eating utensils.
(I'm not good to talking to women about that stuff)
or go for another big romantic kiss, like in those movies.

Considering most of my friends are guys, my reaction would be a long stare and then get them to do some talking.

Harpalyce
September 29th, 2011, 05:34 PM
With my best friend, it's sort of already happened.

It's a little awkward when it happens, but I told her that she was looking to me as a rebound. And she was. And she realized that. :P So we've worked out our own arrangement that works very well.

Alley Cat
September 29th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Uh... what if you already kissed your best friend? Haha... oops.

~VladKun~
September 30th, 2011, 12:10 AM
"I've felt the same way for a long time, I just wasn't sure how you felt about me...."

That's what I would say.

miju-kun
September 30th, 2011, 04:39 AM
No best friend so not gonna happen.

If it's a boy, I scold him and run away with hard steps.
If it's a girl, I walk away never to see her again and well say something like "i hate you"