PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson and drugs

User1
September 28th, 2011, 04:39 PM
The trial of his personal physician for manslaughter is now ongoing.

I'm not a MJ fan. But I was shocked when I read of the incredible cocktail of drugs he consumed before dying, and the immense troubles he was facing in his life. It was reported that the amount of drugs he took was enough to knock out SIX people. :shocked:

It makes me wonder about the pressures of life as a celebrity and their turning to drugs.

Otter Mii-kun
September 28th, 2011, 05:21 PM
A lot of celebrities (including Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, and Charlie Sheen) have turned to drugs, usually either under pressure or stress, or even for glamor.
When high-profile celebrities get involved with drugs, the media will harp about them for months, maybe even years to no end.
Coincidentally, Michael Jackson died the same way as Elvis Presley. Like MJ's doctor, Elvis' doctor (Dr. Nick) had also been tried, but was acquitted, however the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners suspended his license and put him on three years of probation. Dr. Nick's license was permanently revoked in 1995, after findings that he had been over-prescribing to several patients for years.