PDA

View Full Version : Earliest Memories

shenanigans
September 30th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I'm sure that most of us don't remember being a baby, or probably the first few years of our lives tbh, but it's usually fun to dig back into those times and see what's there. Tell us about some of your earliest memories and what you think of them today, considering how much you've changed and how naive you probably were.

And hey, a few questions too!
> Do you have many of your earliest memories still stored?
> Is there a particular focus for these (e.g. parents, or certain objects like toys)?
> How do you feel about yourself, thinking back? Do you find it funny, cute, embarrassing, or anything else?

Liliana Vess
September 30th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Do you have many of your earliest memories still stored?
Nope, most of my childhood is cloudy and shattered. I can remember some events but I'm not that good at knowing why that event happened or when it happened.
Is there a particular focus for these (e.g. parents, or certain objects like toys)?
Not really, most of them are really random. Like for example i remember falling down the stairs, being at a wedding, my dad moving out. I have no idea when any of these happened, I just know i was young.
How do you feel about yourself, thinking back? Do you find it funny, cute, embarrassing, or anything else?
I don't really feel anything really, like I said most of my memories are really cloudy and I only really remember them because other people have told me about them and it's clicked into place.

Ayselipera
September 30th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I think when I was little I came off as really mean just because I didn't know how to act around other kids. For example in preschool I used to love to play with the blocks and make giant towers and then destroy them. So when I saw other kids make giant towers I just thought to myself, "yayayaya I will help them destroy it! ^___^" and knock it down only to have them cry and tell on me. :(

Then besides that all I can think of are more memories of me getting punished for things, but I honestly wasn't a bad kid I just did everything wrong with the best intentions of doing right! But, yes I have many memories from childhood stored!

> Is there a particular focus for these (e.g. parents, or cert! ain objects like toys)?
Mostly being punished and/or the addition of older people. Mainly because I think when I was little I viewed people who were older than me much differently than I do now.

> How do you feel about yourself, thinking back? Do you find it funny, cute, embarrassing, or anything else?
Usually funny, but there are some things I think about that still annoy me somehow. Just because I hated my reaction to them. When I was little I was more likely to say nothing and just move on while now I'll say something if it really bothers me or if I know I'm right.

Raizhu
September 30th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I remember a few things from when I was two. I lived in Vietnam back then. One of the memories was running away from a pair of blue gloves because I was afraid of them for a forgotten reason. I also remember being stuck in a car and watching my dad eat food.
Not many.
> Is there a particular focus for these (e.g. parents, or certain objects like toys)?
Nope.
I think I was just as weird when I was little as I am now.

Gold warehouse
September 30th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I don't have many early memories, I have a terrible memory. The few memories I do still have are very clear though. The earliest memory I have is being 2, on holiday at Lanzarote and running on the beach with my dad, and then falling out of bed one night and hurting my head lol. I think the second earliest memory I have is being about 3-4 years old when my parents bought me a book case to keep all my little kid books in, and I remember thinking how great it was.

Others include going to the zoo, playing video games, reading books to my little brother and feeding animals, seeing a kid at school eat his bogeys, and telling this kid at school that I didn't want to be his friend because I didn't like him. I also remember running face first into a wall and having to go to hospital lol. All before I was 6 years old. I think I was pretty funny.

PlatinumDude
September 30th, 2011, 01:50 PM
> Do you have many of your earliest memories still stored?: Yes, living in the US for 4 years in particular.
> Is there a particular focus for these (e.g. parents, or certain objects like toys)?: My aunt, uncle and older cousin.
> How do you feel about yourself, thinking back? Do you find it funny, cute, embarrassing, or anything else?: Mixed feelings, like frustrated, funny and cute.

Xyrin
September 30th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I remember when my sister is born. I was almost 2... My memory is pretty good. I remember stuff from my early childhood easily. What I ate for lunch is a different story. :p

Esper
October 1st, 2011, 09:15 AM
I remember when I was 3 and broke my arm at a playground. Actually, I don't remember breaking it, but being at the hospital for the x-rays. I can also remember when I had the cast and people drawing on it, but nothing else until maybe my 5th birthday and only large green present. I have no idea what was in it - just the fact that it was a large and green box.

I don't really have any feelings about them. They're only sort of vague images. I have a bad memory. :(

Mew~
October 1st, 2011, 09:21 AM
I remember when I was, around about uh, 3. I burnt the end of the foot of a teddy I've had since I was born. In fact I still have it, and the burn is still slightly noticeable. I don't think I can remember anything further back. I find it quite funny though.

Alley Cat
October 1st, 2011, 11:00 AM
I have a good memory, yet it seems to have developed after my younger years. I don't recall much of anything during them. I don't think about the past really though, and as it has come to be, my mind has sort of put a block on itself to forget about the memories that have caused me distress. They are still there, yes, but they won't ever be on the forefront of my mind unless something invokes them.

My earliest memory that I can remember....? I can't really say! Haha. Such a memory escapes my brain at this point in time.

zappyspiker
October 2nd, 2011, 01:29 AM
Not many, but most of the memories I remember are the accidents and such I've gotten since my first days at school. Like the fact that my head got squashed between the door during my 1st year, and how I was bullied in my younger years for being a small wimpy kid which a few years later I was able to grow strong and fight them and stand up for myself xD

~VladKun~
October 2nd, 2011, 01:38 AM
I have a very terrible memory so I actually have a hard time remembering things that happened to me. Although I do remember some of my memories in place of my regular dreams when I go to sleep of a night. (I know, it's weird)

I have as of late found a little photo album of pictures from years ago (like when I was an infant and all that) and I think they've helped me piece some of those memories back. But for the most part it's either my parents or old things I used to own when I was that age.

> How do you feel about yourself, thinking back? Do you find it funny, cute, embarrassing, or anything else? I feel either indifferent, find it cute or embarrassed depending on the situation that I remember