PDA

View Full Version : *BOO!* Halloween Discussion Thread!

Team Fail
October 1st, 2011, 07:04 PM
Halloween is just under a month away and stores are already selling candy and costumes, and schools are already bringing in police officers to educate children on safe Trick-or-Treating. And it's the one time of the year where you can scare the crap out of people and it would be completely expected! Halloween is a day shared by many kids around the world, and it's also a great time for dentists kids to get out with their friends!

Seeing as Halloween is right around the corner, one thing will be asked to many. What will you dress up as for halloween?

I hope to do a Nyan Cat costume by hand this year and bring it to school for Halloween. I'd love to see what comments I get for it.

[discuss]

Kenshin5
October 1st, 2011, 07:12 PM
I'm dressing up as a student cause I have class that night.

And stores have already been selling Halloween related stuff for a month plus. I can remember getting Halloween stuff were I work at as earlier as early August.

Even if I didn't have class I wouldn't dress up anyways, since the last time I dressed up was maybe 4th grade... And 5th grade I said I was posing as a hobo by wearing raggedy clothing, so not much of a costume there.

zappyspiker
October 2nd, 2011, 12:45 AM
I hope to do a Nyan Cat costume by hand this year and bring it to school for Halloween. I'd love to see what comments I get for it.

BEST COSTUME IDEA RIGHT THERE! You are my hero atm xD

What will you dress up as for halloween?
Halloween isn't really big here in New Zealand so we don't really dress up, Trick or Treat or anything .. well not in the place where I live anyway.

Although I do intend to bring my scary troll mask to school. This year on April Fools I turned all the lights off in the locker room and when someone came in I would be at the top of the lockers and jump down in front of them. Love to see if they learnt their lesson last time -evil laugh inserted here-

Chiar
October 2nd, 2011, 01:28 AM
What will you dress up as for halloween?
I won't dress up because my country doesn't celebrate Halloween. Instead we have a graveyard-visiting day. :<

deoxys121
October 2nd, 2011, 05:19 AM
I will not be going trick-or-treating for a couple reasons:
1. The area I live in is relatively rural, so very few trick-or-treaters go through, and very few houses hand out candy.
2. I'm 20. Therefore, my mom and my girlfriend (who is also 20) both say I'm too old. Then again, tell that to my dad who still went trick-or-treating at age 34.

mondays suck
October 2nd, 2011, 05:23 AM
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd483/mondayssuc/nichtschonwieder.jpg
I have no idea who the above person with disgusting hair is, but what that person expresses is basically my opinion about anything related to this annoying "Halloween" thing. An excuse for 10-year-olds to throw eggs at houses, that's what it is. Good thing that after being on the rise in the early and mid 2000s this "holiday"'s popularity has been diminishing again around here in the more recent years.

That day is Reformation Day, nothing else. http://www.giuspen.com/emoticons/_no.gif

Pokemon Trainer Touko
October 2nd, 2011, 05:28 AM
I'm dressing up as a smurfette :D Nyan cat costume sounds kwl :DD I might dress as a Nyan cat next year o3o

~Ryukaa
October 2nd, 2011, 05:33 AM
I wish Halloween was celebrated more in Australia. xD;
Because it isn't, I haven't really thought this through.
But for the people who ARE costuming, I expect photos! o3o

Kevin
October 2nd, 2011, 06:04 AM
I don't really celebrate Halloween nor do I dress up and go trick-or-treating.
I only went once when I was 10... And even then I never dressed up.

Sweet Candace
October 2nd, 2011, 06:06 AM
I haven't trick-or-treated in years. I'm just too old to do that. I've spent the last couple of years handing out candy at my house.

Pyrax
October 2nd, 2011, 07:41 AM
This reminds me, Guy Fawks Night/Bonfire Night is in 34 days.
-----------------------------------------------

I'm just gonna watch horror films and documentaries about ghosts and the paranormal from the afternoon into the early hours of November 1st (of course, I'm assuming that College doesn't resume on November 1st).

Esper
October 2nd, 2011, 09:13 AM
I love Halloween. :D

I'm gonna be a gothic lolita for Halloween... probably. I hope I'm not going to be sitting at home though, at least not by myself. I don't want to give out candy and I don't want people knocking on my door all night. What I'd like to do is get a bunch of people together and do something fun, but I have to push them all to get costumes ready or it won't be as much fun.

Talli
October 2nd, 2011, 09:30 AM
Never go/have been trick or treat instead me and a few friend watch horror films all night.

Sterling
October 2nd, 2011, 09:35 AM
Dressing up as an Angry Bird for Halloween. I was thinking of dressing up (or cosplaying I guess) as Meganium, but my obsession with Angry Birds is increasing and I'm currently saving up for an Angry Birds costume. :D

In terms of Trick-Or-Treating, since I live in a big city instead of a rural town now, there will totally be lots of kids trick or treating here. Since my neighborhood is quite large. I'm taking my niece out for trick or treating. For myself I stopped trick or treating when I started high school, sorta. xD

hiphiphippo
October 2nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
i might be the doctor from doctor who, but i already kind of did that for superhero day at school so i'm not sure o:

Team Fail
October 2nd, 2011, 12:08 PM
BEST COSTUME IDEA RIGHT THERE! You are my hero atm xD

I know right? If I can't, then I'll have to get a white t-shirt and some specialized markers and draw a Nyan Cat on it and get the song on my DS and play it constantly.

I also might be going to a party with some of my good friends from Elementary school.

Ayselipera
October 2nd, 2011, 01:59 PM
Well I can't eat candy for Halloween so the best part has already been set aside, hoorayayay! Besides that though I plan to just watch scary movies! I'm thinking of taking the day after Halloween off so I can stay up all night and enjoy it and seeing as I don't have any costumes anymore I won't be getting dressed up.

IGNORING ALL OF THAT THOUGH... I do plan to carve a pumpkin on Halloween and cook the seeds! So that will be fun and I look forward to it very much ayayaya

femtrooper
October 12th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Well, I'm 22, and haven't been trick or treating since I was 14, however, I still dress up and hang out with my boyfriend. I bought a Zentai Spider-Man costume for a comic-expo earlier this year, and so I will probably wear that again. It was pretty damn awesome!

littlebrother
October 12th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I will go to work dressed up as a blueberry.

No, really. A blueberry.

-ty-
October 12th, 2011, 08:41 PM
If I get fangs and white makeup, and gel my hair up so it looks ridiculous, I can be Edward Cullen; apparently I am really good at impersonating him, haha.

Dixie Kong
October 13th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I don't really like Halloween haha. My friends want me to go to our marching band's Halloween party and dress up like Lady Gaga, but parties aren't really my thing. x) I'll stick to working on the Halloween challenge event~

PkMnTrainer Yellow
October 13th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I liked Halloween before it started falling out of fashion. *Is too hip for hipsters*

Regardless. I have the cancer that is killing Halloween for parents (Aka, the people that think Halloween is for little kids only.) and can't really be bothered to argue against them, so I'm just going to chill at home. >_>

PlatinumDude
October 29th, 2011, 10:35 PM
(didn't see this thread here)

Anyway, I already went trick or treating. I didn't dress up, but oddly enough, no one asked why I didn't because there were some people in the neighborhood who didn't dress up. It was tiring, but I still had fun in the end.

Zet
October 31st, 2011, 02:57 AM
A man in a Smurf costume was shot in the leg while leaving a Halloween party Sunday morning.

The man left a party on 6th Avenue and 30th Street at about 2:30 a.m., said Sgt. Mayberry at the LAPD Southwest station, who would not give his first name.

He encountered a group of gang members and was shot once in the calf, Mayberry said. He was transported to a local hospital and was in stable condition.

City News Service reported the man and his girlfriend were dressed as Smurfs. The suspect first punched the victim's girlfriend, and when he came to her aid, the suspect shot him. Mayberry said the victim was painted blue but could not confirm that he was dressed as a Smurf.
source (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/10/smurf-shot.html)

Sounds like someone had a fear of smurfs when they were a kid.

Blue
October 31st, 2011, 03:31 AM
Never thought I'd hear this story.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 31st, 2011, 05:15 AM
No Halloween plans this year, and I'm really not happy about that. Halloween is by far my favorite holiday, and last year I went to all manner of Halloween parties on campus, dressing up and living it up, even winning a costume contest. But this year, thanks to my boring parents who like to live in the most boring place and live the most boring existence, I'm not doing anything. It's like a nightmare...

psyanic
October 31st, 2011, 05:19 AM
Maybe the gang doesn't like the color blue. Rival gang colors I suppose.

TRIFORCE89
October 31st, 2011, 05:28 AM
No costume for me. I have class on Halloween night every year. No one has ever been dressed up for that when I've gone.

I have a playlist of spooky tunes set up for when I'm out of the house to play as family opens the door for candy-seekers

Hikamaru
October 31st, 2011, 05:44 AM
My mum hates Trick-Or-Treaters.

I don't usually do much Halloween stuff except for all the spooky specials of kids TV shows that the ABC have here in Australia.

Blue
October 31st, 2011, 06:12 AM
I don't know what I'm doing, I was going to go round with friends but now I might go and see Paranormal Activity 3 in the cinema.

Esper
October 31st, 2011, 07:16 AM
Yay. Had my Halloween party on Saturday and today I'm gonna meet up with friends for part 2 of the party where we watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. HALLOWEEN IS STILL THE BEST HOLIDAY.

And on the topic of NBC I'm sure everyone has seen the "This Is Halloween" house so let me share something similar, but more frightening:

kKQHPqRd8Go

Blue
October 31st, 2011, 07:31 AM
Wow, she's certainly like no other... great video though felt like I was brainwashed ;_;

Kura
October 31st, 2011, 08:18 AM
I'm planning to be in cosplay when I answer the door for the little ones. :3 (im being the main character from yugioh gx) hehehehe :3

dozo
October 31st, 2011, 10:07 AM
I wish I was still young enough to go trick or treating :[ That was like what I looked forward to every year as a kid--and now I'm 18, so lame.

I don't even feel like I have the energy to hand out candy or dress up. I'll probably just be sitting right here all night.

The Author
October 31st, 2011, 10:13 AM
Not dressing up for Halloween. Originally, I wanted to be the Doctor (from Doctor Who) But I don't have the money to buy a costume nor the time to make one. :P I should go as Rory. I could be a girl, maybe, but I don't have long hair anymore. :'( I should be Dr Horrible. :D

2Cool4Mewtwo
October 31st, 2011, 12:51 PM
For me, Halloween is just a regular day for me. Nothing special.

I also have my earplugs handy if someone else tries to knock on our house. Me don't like losing me candy D:< (My parents don't "celebrate" halloween either)

Blue
October 31st, 2011, 01:02 PM
I used to do fun events but now that I'm older it doesn't bother me so much, I'm more of a Christmas person, then again... who isn't?!

Gunn
October 31st, 2011, 01:39 PM
I don't get trick-or-treaters at the place I live at. ;___; I have a spooky gas mask that I would love to wear and creep small children with. It even scares me! Plus, I don't have any candy to hand out, lol.
I do have the opportunity to meet the Ghost Adventures crew tonight, so I might go and to that. Thing is that I have mid-terms this week and I don't want to be so scared that I don't sleep at night.

Happy Halloween, guise. n_n

Esper
November 1st, 2011, 09:46 AM
Before this thread gets locked I wanna say that I saw, like, almost no Halloween decorations this year and very few trick-or-treaters and I am terribly disappointed by this turn of events. >:

I hope everyone made a good show and did something Halloween-ish to celebrate, even if it was just getting sick on candy.

Team Fail
November 2nd, 2011, 09:52 AM
I had a decent halloween, well, besides having no TV, not being able to do Nyan Cat and getting sick. :x

I also had not one person come to our apartment for candy, so guess who gets it all. >:D

Besides all that and myself, I hope everyone had a good halloween and had fun with their friends. :D

Snivy063
November 2nd, 2011, 09:56 AM
Halloween here, in our country, flopped tremendously. xD; As always. :p