PDA

View Full Version : Every Day I'm Shuffling!

Bluerang1
October 1st, 2011, 07:53 PM
Why doesn't anyone dance anymore?

This is a very big generalization and I'm probably wrong but as a discussion point, what's up with kids these days and grinding? I went to a dance expecting to dance about and have fun with friends but everyone and their uncle were having dry sex -_- What happened to the dance circles? There was a failed conga line...

So what do you think happened to good old bopping about dancing? Why is grinding so popular, is it even fun? It's quite restricting in terms of dance moves.

Oryx
October 1st, 2011, 08:12 PM
Grinding is fun because it's easy. You don't have to go to a class to do it, or practice. Kids also latch onto the dances that are choreographed too though - think Cotton Eyed Joe, Cha Cha Slide, and then even things like Soulja Boy. Things that they don't have to study to be good at. :x

Bluerang1
October 15th, 2011, 12:38 PM
You don't need to learn to dance though, just move to the beat.

chella182
October 15th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Moving to the beat kind of is dancing though haha. Then again, I always say I'm not a good dancer but I can keep in time to music haha.

I always dance when I'm out in clubs, I don't really care if I look like a tool. I have fun dancing with my friends, that's pretty much it.

pokecole
October 15th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Well, alot of my friends do the moonwalk, and i have to admit its kinda fun/funny to do/watch.

Chikara
October 15th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I hate grinding. I really, really don't like it. It's never really struck me as fun and ugh.

HOWEVER, I love doing the Wop, Dougie, Wobble, Shuffle, CUPID Shuffle, and all those other choreographed dances where everyone does the same thing, but adds their own little thing to it. Especially the Wop and Wobble aaaah.

I think that is fun, not rubbing my butt on some person I barely know.

Kura
October 15th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I hate grinding. I really, really don't like it. It's never really struck me as fun and ugh.
I think that is fun, not rubbing my butt on some person I barely know.

True dat. At least for me anyways. I don't like it either and I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that :C It's way too intimate IMO~

*Me: Stays away from clubs for this reason* :C..

I'm not a huge dancer; I'm not a good dancer either.. but I like to join in the dancing fun if I'm at a place where there's music and people are boogie-ing <33

femtrooper
October 19th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I love dancing (I can't dance, but I love just moving to the beat), but don't do it often. I don't grind, even with my boyfriend, I find it kinda tacky. I think kids just wanna be sexual, so they do that. In my opinion, go dancing and then go have sex. Keep those separate.

Jak
October 19th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I like to dance and choreograph my own stuff. Just drive up to my house on most Saturdays, you'll see me in the yard workin' it. lol I like to dance at band practice too. I never seem to dance when it's appropriate to dance though. Like at school dances and prom and such, I wouldn't dance. I WILL GRIND ON PEOPLE THOUGH. But in a joking manner. I'd never seriously do it ever. v_v

People don't dance because you watch too much tv and assume people danced a lot back in the day tbqh! o3o

Black Mage
October 19th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I have choreography for every Britney Spears song (on top of pretty much every other song in existence) and will often break it out in my living room. I'm kind of shy when dancing in public but get a few drinks in me and I'm owning the dance floor. And grinding is fun. Especially when you're really into the person. It's a different kind of connection when you're both moving to the beat right against each other.

Black Ice
October 20th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Because society promotes sex. And grinding gives women attention and gives men boners. It's not difficult to understand.