PDA

View Full Version : The Square-Enix ☆ Fan Club

Pages : 1 [2]

Cherrim
June 2nd, 2012, 05:07 PM
I am excited to see what they have installed for us at E3! It should be great. Do you think they'll have anymore on KH3D at E3?

Also I must say I love the music they have in KH especially the opening song in KH1 that song is fantastic. Who else loves the music square puts into their games? I think it really really fits the game and adds so much emotion to the game. <3
Most of my favourite video game OSTs are from Square-Enix games. At the very least, I don't think I've played a Square-Enix game that I didn't like the music for. :x It's almost always so fitting.
I wished Enix would have stayed away from Squaresoft, but oh well XD SO3 is alright, the previous 3 installments were the golden ones: Star Ocean and Star Ocean: The Second Story, as well as TSS spinoff game, Blue Sphere, were the real gems. It started falling apart after that. The last installment is pretty unbearable to play in comparison to the first few. But better than a lot of other games, and would seem nice to anyone who hasn't played any of the previous games.

SO:TSS was my first SO game and is still to date my current favourite game ever. No other game goes quite so in depth with story and gameplay mechanics in an RPG. They did not keep to a lot of the trends when moving to SO: TTEOT. I don't know why that is. :s
I didn't get into any S-E franchises until after the two had already merged so the merger never really affected me one way or another, I felt.

What's the battle system like in SO2? I'm... really not enjoying the battle system in SO3 now that I'm not high on painkillers and I can't blame how bad I am at it on those. I'll probably force myself to finish this but it's starting to affect my desire to go back and play the first one, nevermind buying the second one. ;_;
In KH news to boost the spirits around here (and because I love talking about it), there's been a rumor leaked from a fairly credible source who supposedly leaked the two Castlevania games ahead of time saying there's to be an HD Collection of KH, KH2, CoM, Days, and BBS released for the Wii U, PS3, and PS Vita. The rumor can be found here (http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/kingdom-hearts-hd-collection-bound-for-wii-u). It IS just a rumor, but me likey the idea of having all of them on a single console. With full HD crispness. Especially if it's going to be Final Mix versions of the games :x

Also, there's been official confirmation of returning voice actors for KH3D thanks to SE Europe, including one that many people had been led to believe would not be returning: Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort. Here (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/voice-talent-kingdom-hearts-3d) is the link for that confirmation too :3 I for one am extremely happy Nimoy is actually back for MX. Anyone else have any thoughts?
I don't think we'll see the HD collection at E3. Not only has Square-Enix steadily been releasing info and trailers of all the things they announced would be at E3, but that just doesn't seem like an E3 announcement. The rumour going around seems to imply that the collection will be multiplatform. If it is, then I just don't know when S-E would have a window to announce it. The only way it'd be announced at E3 is to buff up one of the main-3's conferences but they'll only want to host the announcement if it's exclusive to them. So it could still happen, but I think it's more likely we'll see this sort of announcement at TGS or Jump Festa. (Also, the games they list... I don't see how they'd remake Days and not bother with Re:Coded. I mean, I wouldn't be disappointed to not have Re:Coded in the bundle but it just seems silly to port one game and not the other. If we get an HD release, I think it'll only be KH1+2+BBS with a slight possibility of Re:COM.)

AAAAH HAYDEN IS BACK. I'm so happy. I love her and I missed her talent. I'm also a bit surprised that they got Nimoy back. I was so sure they'd just go for a sound-alike after BBS since he seems like he'd be a really pricy voice actor.
But I guess he only has like two minutes of lines anyway so it probably wasn't that expensive to bring Nimoy in for that. XD
Back on topic. I wanted to apologize to Erica because I still have not finished that long reply. I've read the whole post though, just don't have my thoughts of it gathered up since I'm fairly bad at this. Maybe if I get a whole day free from any binding responsibilities and requirements.
Nooo problem. XD I don't feel up to typing a reply to your reply yet anyway, so no complaints here.
Stand Alone posted that KH HD compilation rumor. I'm pretty shaky with how legitimate it is given that Vita's listed as one of the titles, but hey if this is real I'll buy a PS3 or a Wii U just so I could play. I want this game!
I don't think the Vita necessarily discounts the rumour--I just don't think it would be one of the launch consoles for the collection. The MGS HD Collection (which is what I always base my assumptions of the KH collection on) was released for Vita pretty recently so it could very well be a possibility.
I've seen that news from SE Europe! I'm happy Hayden Panettiere will be voicing Xion, here's hoping she'll be back to voice her and Kairi every time from now on! Like what Erica said, I don't like it when they get replacement VA's for her. :[

spoiler: KH3D
Granted she'll only be speaking as Xion for that last Destiny Islands cutscene with Roxas, Ventus and her interrogating Riku with one-liners. I'm still happy she's back, nevertheless.

And I really didn't like Leonard Nimoy as MX to be quite honest.
I can't say I'm happy with him back.
Actually, I think that's voiceless. I fangirled over Hayden coming back to voice Xion (which is kind of a spoiler so S-E are dicks for releasing that info a month in advance) but then realized that I didn't remember Xion ever saying anything. I'm almost postiive that the scene in Sora's Heart when Riku talks to Roxas/Ven/Xion is not voiced. So I think the only time Xion gets a line is when Sora's tripping out in TWTNW and Namine turns into Xion who turns into Roxas or something? I forget exactly how it goes but she's there quite briefly and I think she refuses to tell Sora who she is.

......I thought I was the only one omg. :x I know Nomura specifically designed MX with Nimoy's voice in mind or something, but I just... don't like it. Maybe it's that I played BBS in Japanese first so pretty much all the English voices sound off to me but... I don't like Nimoy's voice to begin with. XD; It's too scratchy and it kind of irritates me.
Also I haven't played Star Ocean yet. I don't know if it suits me and I never really had the chance to try playing it. But I'm willing to change that. :)[/QUOTE]
I want to join!

What is your favourite series made by Square-Enix?
kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XD

Who is your favourite Kingdom Hearts character?
Ventus!

What console(s) do you hope Kingdom Hearts III will be on?
PSP!!!! PS2, PS3

Ok, here is a good side topic I thought of:
What two keyblades would you dual wield?
Oathkeeper and Oblivion!
Welcome! (Yaaay more Ven fans! :D)

Knowing me, I'd dual-wield Terra's wooden training Keyblade and like... the Wooden Sword from KH1. (Or the Stick from Days. XD) But if I had a choice and was actually good at wielding Keyblades, it'd be awesome to use Destiny's Embrace and Brightcrest. *u* They are so pretty.
Duhuhuhuhuude. Enlist.
Entrancing story lines is what I know Square Enix for, Deus Ex (Human Revolution), Hitman Absolution, The World Ends With You, & Tomb Raider, definitely are, and eventually will be my favourites. Not to mention Sleeping Dogs. Their game design and signature aesthetics for each game are just... phenomenal to me. Deus Ex: HR is one of my recent favourites and easily one of my most enjoyed games.
I really need to pick up Deus Ex one of these days. Maybe I'll watch for the series in the Steam Sale this summer, although I was planning to avoid that. I keep hearing such good things about it, though, and I feel so out of the loop having not played them. @_@

(Welcome! :D)

Yoshimi
June 2nd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Also I haven't played Star Ocean yet. I don't know if it suits me and I never really had the chance to try playing it. But I'm willing to change that. :)

I've never played Star Ocean. Been told by maaaaany people I should, but I've just... not done it. Are they really that great? I'm judging by Luck's response about SO2 that that's a yes, but... >.>

Yeah, it's a pretty awesome game. I can't say the same about the series, but Star Ocean 2 is a pretty great JRPG even in the PS1 era. You're definitely doing yourself a great disservice if you don't play Star Ocean 2.

Most of my favourite video game OSTs are from Square-Enix games. At the very least, I don't think I've played a Square-Enix game that I didn't like the music for. :x It's almost always so fitting.

I didn't get into any S-E franchises until after the two had already merged so the merger never really affected me one way or another, I felt.

What's the battle system like in SO2? I'm... really not enjoying the battle system in SO3 now that I'm not high on painkillers and I can't blame how bad I am at it on those. I'll probably force myself to finish this but it's starting to affect my desire to go back and play the first one, nevermind buying the second one. ;_;

The battle system is the same core concept I believe. You move around a battlefield with a team by using abilities and magic. It doesn't have MP death though, and the pace is much slower until you get a certain accessory that makes you zoom around the field. The only part that sucks is a lot of the spell animations are unskippable, so battle gets stopped every so often. Even if you don't like the battle system, there's a ton of optional content to do as well as a lot of abilities that you can upgrade, like cooking and pickpocketing.

Speaking of Square Enix OSTs though, did you ever get around to playing NieR?

Cherrim
June 2nd, 2012, 08:01 PM
The battle system is the same core concept I believe. You move around a battlefield with a team by using abilities and magic. It doesn't have MP death though, and the pace is much slower until you get a certain accessory that makes you zoom around the field. The only part that sucks is a lot of the spell animations are unskippable, so battle gets stopped every so often. Even if you don't like the battle system, there's a ton of optional content to do as well as a lot of abilities that you can upgrade, like cooking and pickpocketing.

Speaking of Square Enix OSTs though, did you ever get around to playing NieR?
Well, I'm used to waiting for spells because there seems to be an issue with my SO3 game disc so every. single. time. a spell is casted in battle, the game freezes, gives me a loading notice, and a minute later it shows me the animation and the battle carries on. :P I'll take pretty much anything over that.

I did play Nier! A few months ago I finally got around to it. I wasn't really a fan of the gameplay, I don't think (too button-mashy) but I really liked the story and characters and OMG THE MUSIC. *u*!!!!! It's so, so pretty. Kind of blurs into itself when you listen to the soundtrack but it's all absolutely beautiful so I don't mind. I was actually listening to the OST again the other day and I kind of want to replay it. I only did one new game plus so I think there's still more content for me to see.

Yoshimi
June 2nd, 2012, 08:21 PM
Well, I'm used to waiting for spells because there seems to be an issue with my SO3 game disc so every. single. time. a spell is casted in battle, the game freezes, gives me a loading notice, and a minute later it shows me the animation and the battle carries on. :P I'll take pretty much anything over that.

I did play Nier! A few months ago I finally got around to it. I wasn't really a fan of the gameplay, I don't think (too button-mashy) but I really liked the story and characters and OMG THE MUSIC. *u*!!!!! It's so, so pretty. Kind of blurs into itself when you listen to the soundtrack but it's all absolutely beautiful so I don't mind. I was actually listening to the OST again the other day and I kind of want to replay it. I only did one new game plus so I think there's still more content for me to see.

Geez, that sounds horrible. I actually have Star Ocean 3, but the awkward fashion, seemingly voice acting, and creepy anime 3D keep preventing me from actually playing it. I don't mind the gameplay, but are there other aspects that make the game enjoyable?

I basically had the same experience. The gameplay was serviceable at best normally, but the huge amount of variety in gameplay types made it pretty fun. The biggest problem with it was that the side quests really sucked, especially the FRAGILE DELIVERY QUESTS. UGH.

Most people(me included) would suggest you look up ending C and D because they're good and all, but it takes too much effort to fulfill the stupid requirements. It just gives some extra cutscenes at the end and does some *extra* stuff, instead of turning the story on its head like ending B did.

There was supposed to be a fifth canon ending, but budget problems and all that. If you want to check that out then you should look up Grimoire Nier, since it has that and it fleshes out the Drakengard/NieR universe a ton more.

Cherrim
June 2nd, 2012, 09:30 PM
I don't... know what the appeal is. :( Honestly, I'd be okay with never touching this game again except that: A) my friend is playing it at the same time and I feel obliged to finish it since I made her wait a bit to start it so I could start at the same time (although she's so far ahead of me now it's not funny), and B) I really need to finish more PS2 games for my Backloggery page so I'd feel bad leaving it unbeaten. The story hasn't sucked me in yet, the dialogue is only okay, the characters are all pretty boring thus far, and I suck so hard at the battle system.

Yeah, the gameplay style changes in Nier were pretty awesome. I was so confused at first when it turned into a text adventure and then it became kind of the greatest thing ever. xD; Nier did a whole lot of things well but I feel like it's both underrated and overrated by the gaming community--the former in the sense that not nearly enough people played it for how good it is and overrated because I feel like a lot of the people who DID play it glorify it a lot more than it deserves. But it was still lots of fun and definitely worth it. (I think I managed one whole fragile quest and then refused to take them from then on lmao.)

Suddenly questions... questions everywhere! What's Grimoire Nier? Was that the book that came out in Japan? (Was it a book?) Was it translated?

Is Drakengard worth playing? I think a friend of mine had it and I know Nier was vaguely based on it but I honestly don't know a thing about it, haha.

CarefulWetPaint
June 2nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
Lightning what are some more really good songs from their OST.. And whats the name of the opening one I cant remember it :'(.

If you don't think it'll be announced at E3 what do you think S-E will announce at E3. Do you think they'll even release anything! Possibly information on the next console kingdom hearts? Would there be that possibility at all?

And welcome to the club new members! Hope you can easily jump into the chat with us and don't be to intimidated by the fangirling :P

Cherrim
June 2nd, 2012, 09:38 PM
Which OST are you talking about?

http://nintendoeverything.com/89543/square-enixs-e3-2012-lineup/

That's the entire list of everything Square-Enix will be showing off at E3. There are rumours going around (I never really looked at the actual articles so take this with a grain of salt [or a whole jar]) that XIII Versus is just gonna be renamed to FF XV and if that's the case, I imagine that'll probably be revealed during either Sony's conference (because it's supposed to be PS3 exclusive) or Microsoft's (if they decide to pull a XIII and announce it as a multi-console thing). But I highly doubt that'll happen.

I can guarantee there will be no announcement of a new Kingdom Hearts game. :P They have 3D on the release horizon which means they'll really be pushing that for the distinctly Western E3 crowd--no need to confuse everyone with another game at this point. I imagine they'll save future games for Tokyo Game Show (September) or Jump Festa (December) in Japan but even then I don't think that announcement will come this year.

Yoshimi
June 2nd, 2012, 10:45 PM
I don't... know what the appeal is. :( Honestly, I'd be okay with never touching this game again except that: A) my friend is playing it at the same time and I feel obliged to finish it since I made her wait a bit to start it so I could start at the same time (although she's so far ahead of me now it's not funny), and B) I really need to finish more PS2 games for my Backloggery page so I'd feel bad leaving it unbeaten. The story hasn't sucked me in yet, the dialogue is only okay, the characters are all pretty boring thus far, and I suck so hard at the battle system.

Yeah, the gameplay style changes in Nier were pretty awesome. I was so confused at first when it turned into a text adventure and then it became kind of the greatest thing ever. xD; Nier did a whole lot of things well but I feel like it's both underrated and overrated by the gaming community--the former in the sense that not nearly enough people played it for how good it is and overrated because I feel like a lot of the people who DID play it glorify it a lot more than it deserves. But it was still lots of fun and definitely worth it. (I think I managed one whole fragile quest and then refused to take them from then on lmao.)

Suddenly questions... questions everywhere! What's Grimoire Nier? Was that the book that came out in Japan? (Was it a book?) Was it translated?

Is Drakengard worth playing? I think a friend of mine had it and I know Nier was vaguely based on it but I honestly don't know a thing about it, haha.

That's actually very good news. I already have a massive backlog and I'm currently working on TWO 30-40 hour games(Digimon World 2 and Lufia 2), starting another game would just ruin me.

I did the same thing for the fragile delivery. I did the first quest(to the Aerie) and I just said screw it. It's so slow moving without rolling or jumping. The rest of the quests are pretty lame but that just tops everything on the crap factor. The highlight of the game was the text adventure and bullet hell bosses. If they balanced the abilities and magic properly it could've been something really awesome.

Grimoire Nier is basically a book that connects the events of Drakengard to NieR, and it tells quite a bit about both of the gameslike how Nier was actually a prostitute as a teen seriously wtf Cavia. A quick google search showed this.

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AbP8p5mNDpX_ZGd2bWtmODlfMjI4ZnhnZ2hnZzM&hl=en

And Drakengard blows so much in regards to gameplay. The controls are fine sans the camera but it's as repetitive as Dynasty Warriors without any of the speed. It still has some neat aspects with gameplay, but only go for it if you want an extremely bizarre story and a crazy cast of characters.

Dr.Kotov
June 4th, 2012, 08:25 AM
I really need to pick up Deus Ex one of these days. Maybe I'll watch for the series in the Steam Sale this summer, although I was planning to avoid that. I keep hearing such good things about it, though, and I feel so out of the loop having not played them. @_@

(Welcome! :D)

Human Revolution isn't directly linked to the previous Deus Ex games, and even I haven't played them. I picked up HR when I was just starting to develop a taste for video games on my console...and now, I try to look for elements unique to Deus Ex: HR in every game I buy. Classic Square-Enix characters. Personalities so distant...yet they grow so close to you. You should definitely put it high up on the priority list.

CarefulWetPaint
June 4th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I watched some Gameplay of Deus Ex: HR and it looked very fun! It seems like a game that'd definitely be worth picking up and I think it may be a branching game where your decisions effect in game events.
I didnt know it was a SE game silly me! But its definitely worth picking up.
And I think it's a prequel to the other games Dr. so that may be why it doesnt seem to fit.

Also
Is Sanctuary the opening song of KH1?

-Edit-
Ugh this laptop sucks making me double post ;;

TwilightSkye
June 5th, 2012, 02:13 AM
I watched some Gameplay of Deus Ex: HR and it looked very fun! It seems like a game that'd definitely be worth picking up and I think it may be a branching game where your decisions effect in game events.
And I think it's a prequel to the other games Dr. so that may be why it doesnt seem to fit.

Also
Is Sanctuary the opening song of KH1?

Oh no its the op of KH2.

I just want to know that thing Nomura said he had planned for KH in the upcoming months.

Dr.Kotov
June 5th, 2012, 10:43 AM

Ah yes, you're right about that! I remember reading about it, and I can link the references now..

Oh, and it is, your decisions do effect the outcome of the game, literally, though more importantly, the path the game takes is deciphered by the philosophy and opinion you develop on the topic the game presents. The philosophy of science, ethics relative to technology, power, the gospel of gold and corruption. This game turns me on.

CarefulWetPaint
June 6th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Ah yes, you're right about that! I remember reading about it, and I can link the references now..

Oh, and it is, your decisions do effect the outcome of the game, literally, though more importantly, the path the game takes is deciphered by the philosophy and opinion you develop on the topic the game presents. The philosophy of science, ethics relative to technology, power, the gospel of gold and corruption. This game turns me on.

I really like that ability in a game, it doesnt feel as generic and makes me feel like my choices actually matter. DE:HR seems like a very deep game from what you said, I think I should probably check it out soon! Branching games do make me happy.

The 3DS E3 slot was really bad. Nothing was interesting and the KH3D part was like a 1 minute edited trailer from the 9 minutes english trailer someone already posted here. They didnt even talk about it at all, mega disappointed in that!

Dr.Kotov
June 9th, 2012, 06:51 AM
New shots from Hitman: Absolution.
The resolutions pretty high so, yeah, spoiler tags.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m57hxq9eYm1qlra6co1_1280.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m57hxq9eYm1qlra6co2_1280.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m57hxq9eYm1qlra6co3_1280.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m57hxq9eYm1qlra6co4_1280.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m57hxq9eYm1qlra6co5_1280.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m57hxq9eYm1qlra6co6_1280.jpg

Square-Enix never seem to compromise on the general graphics and design of any game they produce.
Also, the new trailer's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTub2tSCDT0) out as well.

Ariel Winter
June 10th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Join? I love TWEWY I claim every man in the game as my husband! XD I would love a sequal. Maybe on the Wii U. The World Ends With U! OMG IT WORKS!!!!

ソラ
June 10th, 2012, 07:18 PM
AAAAH HAYDEN IS BACK. I'm so happy. I love her and I missed her talent. I'm also a bit surprised that they got Nimoy back. I was so sure they'd just go for a sound-alike after BBS since he seems like he'd be a really pricy voice actor.
But I guess he only has like two minutes of lines anyway so it probably wasn't that expensive to bring Nimoy in for that. XD

Hayden been back since BBS, she did Kairi in BBS. Im not sure about Xion in BBS. I know she is doing Xion in Kh3d. Also, I bet Nimoy had fun doing Xehanort tho, He isnt like Billy Zane who is egotistic money hungry actor. Nimoy wants to retire but I bet you he likes Xehanort cause it seems like a fun role :o.

KH Fan Bixran
June 11th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Omg, more wall-of-text posts! At least there arent as many as b4 lol.

Also, check out the new sig. Make sure to Get It Memorized!!! XD

Riku
June 21st, 2012, 10:18 PM
The demo was really really fun, albeit it felt really really short. Was hoping for a bit of Riku gameplay, too :c Only thing I can honestly say I didn't like was the fact that THE BOTTOM BUTTON WASN'T ATTACK AND THE JUMP BUTTON WASN'T THE SIDE. I WAS SO CONFUUUUUSED ;A;

But yeh the gameplay felt just like BbS only faster with the Free Flow thing. I don't think I used basic attacks like... at all. Which is surprising given it's a KH game and that's about all it takes xD; It was faaaaar more fun flying around being a glowing ball of awesome. ovo; I still think I may give the circle pad pro a try at some point though, just because. I wanna know how it feels.

Yoshimi
June 22nd, 2012, 12:21 AM
I haven't played it yet but as far as I know the Circle Pad Pro is pretty unpopular. KH3DS was also designed to be a game with only one analog stick/nub/pad/whatever. Chances are the camera controls will be just as tacked on as the Circle Pad Pro.

Cid
June 23rd, 2012, 07:39 AM
This KH news drought is awful. And if anyone asks, NA news of KH3D aside from new English voice acted cutscenes don't count as news to me. Thing is, I've had so much KH news in the past months with the the usual hype for a new release that I can't bear having to go through months or even years of nothing announced once again. Although I did last with the BBS > 3D gap, I still don't know. ;O;

Final Fantasy isn't doing any better.

Anyway I did see a vid of the KH3D playable demo from the eShop. No Riku gameplay was disappointing enough. Length of the demo itself was bad, too. But hearing that they haven't reswapped the jump and attack buttons yet? I don't know what to think. :< And I've never considered buying Circle Pad Pro yet. It just feels a bit unnecessary, especially if I only get one solely for this game.

CarefulWetPaint
June 23rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
I havent checked out the demo yet but I may get around to it eventually! I think I'm definitely going to play it when its released no matter what!

In other news I was lurking the internet and found This, possible FFVII Remake. (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118025-Upcoming-Final-Fantasy-VII-Rerelease-Appears-on-Square-Enix-Site)

Though it hasnt been confirmed or anything that screenshot definitely looks cool and I'd be interested in picking it up for sure! The rumors sound pretty interesting as well.

Sakura Rain
June 23rd, 2012, 06:15 PM
I want to join!

kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XD

Ventus!

PSP!!!! PS2, PS3

Ok, here is a good side topic I thought of:
What two keyblades would you dual wield?
Oathkeeper and Oblivion!

DID SOMEBODY SAY VENTUS? LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT VEN

Nah! Just joking! XD

What what what Leonard Nimoy is coming back this is fantastic

Join? I love TWEWY I claim every man in the game as my husband! XD I would love a sequal. Maybe on the Wii U. The World Ends With U! OMG IT WORKS!!!!

Since apparently no one else welcomed you. Step it up you guys Hi dear! Wait a minute, every man? Does this include Joshua? am i going to get swarmed if I say i don't like him very much asdfjkl I do wish TWEWY would get a sequel. It was great fun!

@FFVII Remake: I wonder about that. I wonder if it isn't just Square trolling us again. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

CarefulWetPaint
June 25th, 2012, 07:34 PM
No one said Ventus! We've had enough fangirling on him for at least another few days :S plus I just got past all the wall of text! :P

I hope someone isnt trolling us and SE actually has it in the works! I would definitely buy it if they re-released/ prettied it up abit (Also if they could make the battle system nicer I'd appreciate it sooooo much!) But it would definitely be awesome to revisit the story, especially with some updated graphics! :)

ソラ
June 25th, 2012, 08:06 PM
The article said a re-release. its not going to be a "Remake", and it is going to be just on steam.

JadeSkittles
June 25th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Join please?

My fav game is FFCB for the Wii.

CarefulWetPaint
June 26th, 2012, 02:39 PM
SE Reveals Conditions for FFVII Remake (http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/square-enix-reveals-conditions-for-final-fantasy-vii-remake)

I saw this in another thread and thought it also deserved some discussion in here.

Personally I think this is depressing news and basically means that it will NEVER be remade which is kinda depressing! It looks like that re-release was just people trolling us as per usual, ugh!

Brings up a new topic for discussion:
Do you think the older Final Fantasy games are better then the newer games? Whats your reasoning for your answer??

Sakura Rain
June 26th, 2012, 08:35 PM
No one said Ventus! We've had enough fangirling on him for at least another few days :S plus I just got past all the wall of text! :P

You know I do it specifically to annoy you~ You'd best be thankful Erica's busy with university/real life, or we'd be in here with our dastardly walls of text. besides I've already told all of my feels for ven I DON'T HAVE ANY MORE. YET.

SE Reveals Conditions for FFVII Remake (http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/square-enix-reveals-conditions-for-final-fantasy-vii-remake)

I saw this in another thread and thought it also deserved some discussion in here.

Personally I think this is depressing news and basically means that it will NEVER be remade which is kinda depressing! It looks like that re-release was just people trolling us as per usual, ugh!

Brings up a new topic for discussion:
Do you think the older Final Fantasy games are better then the newer games? Whats your reasoning for your answer??

I knew it. Square, the lot of you are trolls of the highest order. I never get excited when I see FFVII remake news, because I know that Square's just going to troll us slfjsldkfs.

Also, welcome JadeSkittles! Dear, you might've joined at a bad time, we're going through a bit of a news drought in regards to everything, slkdfjs.

Someone else needs to answer this question. look i can't help it that i don't own any ff games besides 7 and 8 okay and you all already know my feels for them

Railgun
July 1st, 2012, 03:48 PM
Anyone enjoyed FFCB for Wii? Its one of my fav Wii titles right next to Skyward Sword and Mario Galaxy. Even though lots of people bash it I thought with a bit of tweaking it could of been a great game. I won
t lie the game kinda reminds me of The Legend of Korra in a way. :)

CarefulWetPaint
July 1st, 2012, 04:21 PM
They do seem to troll us hard dont they, though this could be an attempt at a smart business move to get more of their new games moving better and selling more units. They are trying to trick us into buying the newer games so we can get an older game remade! :O They should just remake it already they'll get soooo much money from it.

I have never played FFCB, I do't really see a Final Fantasy game being fun on the WII though so I probably won't play it.. How do you think they could have made it better Ashley?

Railgun
July 1st, 2012, 04:30 PM
They do seem to troll us hard dont they, though this could be an attempt at a smart business move to get more of their new games moving better and selling more units. They are trying to trick us into buying the newer games so we can get an older game remade! :O They should just remake it already they'll get soooo much money from it.

I have never played FFCB, I do't really see a Final Fantasy game being fun on the WII though so I probably won't play it.. How do you think they could have made it better Ashley?

Well the controls were good but at times felt broken and a longer story would of been nice too. The thing i liked about it was its not the regular RPG its more action with rpg elements tossed in which was a nice thing for me at least.

Archer
July 4th, 2012, 06:56 AM
I finally finished FFX.... just... wow. They just don't make games like that any more. Granted, I like to grind, but 92 hours without sidequests. And it didn't feel drawn out. I'm wondering what my next move should be. Do I play FFX-2 or XII or ditch them both and play VII/VIII/IX?

From the half of it that I played before my memory card died (I'l be emulating this time around) XII's mechanics frustrated the hell out of me. Mainly licenses and their make-everyone-the-same preference. But I much prefer turn-based, as well. I have about a month until uni goes back. Choices, choices. :P

I'm a bit annoyed that the Steam-FFVII thing hasn't come to fruition, but what can you do?

Yoshimi
July 4th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I'd suggest Final Fantasy VII next. It definitely has its own problems, like every Final Fantasy does, but it's one of those games you must play, if only to see what people are talking about.

Final Fantasy VIII is very flawed in many ways, but it still has some really good aspects, and IX is just extremely slow. If you're going to replay Final Fantasy XII, I suggest getting the IZJS edition. It introduces a lot of concepts that were supposed to be in XII(like jobs) that couldn't make it due to constraints, and it re-balances the game a bit too.

Cherrim
July 8th, 2012, 12:15 PM
dklsfj a month went by since I last posted here? I know I was busy but I didn't think I'd been THAT busy. ;_; MISSED YOU GUYS.

@Archer: I'd suggest playing the older ones before you move onto more recent ones, if only because it makes the graphics gap a little more manageable. :P But if graphics don't matter to you, I'd just go ahead and play X-2 while X is still fresh in your mind. There are a lot of little cameos from X characters, iirc, so you won't be looking at them going "who the heck is this" when you play like I was the last time I played X-2.

As for the FF7 re-release, I'm really curious what the achievements are gonna be. I don't care whether it's on Steam or not (although I think S-E is really going to be missing out if they skip on Steamplay) since I probably won't be bothering with it. (If I wanna play FF7 on PC, I'd rather just emulate the old version(s) and mod them to look/play better. :P

Kevin
July 20th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Guess what comes out in English today? Yup, KH3D--for Europeans. D;
I have to wait 11 more days... Gah.

ソラ
July 20th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Guess what comes out in English today? Yup, KH3D--for Europeans. D;
I have to wait 11 more days... Gah.

I'm happy for Europeans getting it before us. They never got Re:CoM, they barely get games before NA, we're still getting it I dont see why people are jealous they got it before us tbh. Its well worth the wait.

CarefulWetPaint
July 20th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Why do different countries have different release dates? That doesnt make much sense to me..

But how many of you Europenas have already got it!? Are you guys loving it or what do tell your thoughts so far.

Cherrim
July 20th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I can sort of understand why Europeans and Australians get games after the NA release--Europe usually has translations (I think?) in several languages which take longer to localize and Australia is PAL-region so they use the same game ROMs as Europe and it makes sense to just rip the English parts from those to use instead of transferring (or doing whatever they need to do) the NA version twice. But delaying NA just feels like pandering to the EU crowd. Which, honestly, I'm kind of fine with since they do usually get shafted, but I'd rather they just release them all at the same time. :c

Excited that people are starting to get their hands on it now though! (And if you live in NYC, Nintendo World is doing an event a few days early where you can get your hands on the regular or MoM edition before the release date.) I can't wait to discuss it with everyone. And I'm excited to start my second playthrough soon. :D

Kevin
July 21st, 2012, 05:55 PM
I'm happy for Europeans getting it before us. They never got Re:CoM, they barely get games before NA, we're still getting it I dont see why people are jealous they got it before us tbh. Its well worth the wait.True true, I guess there's no need for complaining. Plus I think only NA gets to have the Mark of Mastery edition outside of Japan. :D Although I'm a little too late to pre order, since they're all out. :(

Cherrim
July 21st, 2012, 06:37 PM
France got some fun preorder bonuses at least, though. They got some of the little KH Mobile keychains... I think Hallowe'en Town Sora but I also saw Aqua in a promotional scan. The Aqua one is adorable and I'd be super jealous if I didn't already have her. :P

Sakura Rain
July 21st, 2012, 07:47 PM
KH3D actually came out in Europe before the US? Wow, that's a first (I think). Perhaps they're trying to please the EU crowd, seeing as they never got Re:CoM.

I'm not sure if I'll be getting it immediately though, I have to save my money for White 2. CONFLICT OF INTERESTS, YOU GUYS. EXTREME CONFLICT.

Do any of you guys have it yet, though? TELL US ALL ABOUT IT SJLKFJSDLKFJSD

CarefulWetPaint
July 21st, 2012, 08:00 PM
I wonder if Australia's going to get completely stiff and not have any special things with our release of it :(. Whats the coolest "collectors" piece getting released with the english version in your opinions?

Cherrim
July 21st, 2012, 08:13 PM
KH3D actually came out in Europe before the US? Wow, that's a first (I think). Perhaps they're trying to please the EU crowd, seeing as they never got Re:CoM.

I'm not sure if I'll be getting it immediately though, I have to save my money for White 2. CONFLICT OF INTERESTS, YOU GUYS. EXTREME CONFLICT.
I think they got Re:Coded first too by a few days... which is kind of an insult really but still.

Get three-deeeeeeee. (I was gonna type 3DDDDDD but then it's like three-duhduhduhduhduhduhduh which doesn't have the same ring to it.)
I wonder if Australia's going to get completely stiff and not have any special things with our release of it :(. Whats the coolest "collectors" piece getting released with the english version in your opinions?
Um, I haven't heard anything about collector's editions in AUS. :( The best part of the NA one though is the 3DS case. It's the one that only came with the hella expensive anniversary edition of KH3D that came out in Japan bundled with the DS games. *u* I'm so excited to be getting my hands on it!

CarefulWetPaint
July 21st, 2012, 08:39 PM
Ugh Australia never gets anything cool, such a bummer. I really wish they would give us some nice things as well, the ds case would be awesome :'(
Why does SE do this to us?! Only give certain regions the goodies and collectables!

Cherrim
July 21st, 2012, 08:49 PM
It probably has to do with purchase history in the region. Maybe Australia's sales just aren't as good as other places? :( If "no one" (you know what I mean) buys the games typically, they have no real incentive to release special editions in addition to the regular title since I imagine those are really costly to make.

ソラ
July 21st, 2012, 09:22 PM

Do any of you guys have it yet, though? TELL US ALL ABOUT IT SJLKFJSDLKFJSD

Australia is getting it in 5 days before NA as well. NA is getting it last.

~Ryukaa
July 22nd, 2012, 04:37 AM
Well, Australia DOES get some cool stuff from time to time! We got the Birth by Sleep Special Edition along with Europe, which is why I'm guessing Square-Enix decided that it would be US' turn for the Collector's Edition. o3o
Although, I have to admit, the 3D MoM Edition DOES look considerably better than the BbS SE we got. xDD;;

All in all, still can't wait for the game's launch this Thursday. : D

BlooMilk C.
July 22nd, 2012, 06:09 AM
I don't know, I hope I can go to the event to get the Mark of Mastery edition early, but probably not, so I can just order it, I guess.

ソラ
July 22nd, 2012, 11:49 AM
I don't know, I hope I can go to the event to get the Mark of Mastery edition early, but probably not, so I can just order it, I guess.

Amazon, gamestop, ebgames i think are all sold out here in the NA. idk what part you live in. I pre-ordered mine before it all well sold out in the MoMe. haha

BlooMilk C.
July 24th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Amazon, gamestop, ebgames i think are all sold out here in the NA. idk what part you live in. I pre-ordered mine before it all well sold out in the MoMe. haha

What I mean by that is going to the event in New York City, but it's so early in the morning, so I really don't know, but maybe. Getting the game three days early would be a huge plus, but if I can't, I can wait.

ソラ
July 24th, 2012, 10:17 AM
What I mean by that is going to the event in New York City, but it's so early in the morning, so I really don't know, but maybe. Getting the game three days early would be a huge plus, but if I can't, I can wait.
Oh, I heard about that, I heard you can get the game 3 days early if you go to that event. :o

Sakura Rain
July 28th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I think they got Re:Coded first too by a few days... which is kind of an insult really but still.

But no one cares about Re:coded~ At least, we don't. That really is an insult, perhaps SE is trying to make up for that too XD

Get three-deeeeeeee. (I was gonna type 3DDDDDD but then it's like three-duhduhduhduhduhduhduh which doesn't have the same ring to it.

BUT THEN WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GET WHITE 2 WHEN IT COMES OUT WHY ARE THESE GAMES COMING OUT WITHIN MONTHS OF EACH OTHER. I'm going to get KH3D eventually, I just want to make sure I'll still have enough money left over for White 2 X3

Um, I haven't heard anything about collector's editions in AUS. :( The best part of the NA one though is the 3DS case. It's the one that only came with the hella expensive anniversary edition of KH3D that came out in Japan bundled with the DS games. *u* I'm so excited to be getting my hands on it!

*googles* HOLY JSKLDFJS IT'S 54 BUCKS SDKFLSJDLS /dead

Lol, just looked it up on Amazon, and it is a astonishing $127 brb dying

omg it comes out in 4 days omg klsjdfsdlkfjs

~Ryukaa
July 28th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Currently playing through Dream Drop Distance, and I'm in the Sorcery of Symphony right now! I thought I might do a quick spoiler-free review of what I've played so far. ...Ironically, it's in a spoiler tag. o3o

First thing's first. The game gets rid of the feeling of emptiness and constant angst that Birth by Sleep had. Instead of that, the game feels a LOT like a mixture of 1 and 2. Flowmotion feels great to use and fits right into the gameplay. The only downside to it is that if you're in a Flowmotion state, you can't use any of your Command Deck moves until you land on the ground. Even so, it's nothing too big of a bother.

Oh, and the Drop System. Don't worry about it interrupting you while playing as one character or the other. The way they designed it makes it feel really smooth, and they even reward you for how many DP(Dream Points) you collect as one character.

The Dream eaters are tons of fun to collect and raise. You can get new Dream Eaters by fusing little items you get called Dream Pieces. You usually need recipes to make Dream Eaters, but you can also get away with just trying to combine random pieces. You bond with your Dream Eaters by petting/nudging them, playing little games with them, or feeding them. The more you bond with them, the stronger they get! The more you link with your Dream Eaters, the more Ability Points you get. You can use these to unlock new skills and abilities for yourself through the Dream Eaters. Think... Final Fantasy X/XIII. There's also the Flick Rush game which is a lot like Chain of Memories, and the countless Portal Link missions you can do in each world.

All in all, Dream Drop Distance is the definitive Kingdom Hearts game a lot of us have been waiting for. ...Well, aside from III. It's great fun, has a lot of replay value, and has a really nice charm to it. Oh, wait. I forgot to mention. The game DOES lag when there are too many things on the screen, but it's not a big deal. So yeah, for those living in the US... get excited, and buy this game! It's pretty swell! : D

But no one cares about Re:coded~ At least, we don't.
I liked Re:coded. D:
Honestly, it was a lot better than Days. I mean, I liked Days, but it felt... icky to play, in my opinion.
Re:coded was tons of fun, regardless of being filler or whatever. o3o

ソラ
July 28th, 2012, 09:06 PM
But no one cares about Re:coded~ At least, we don't. That really is an insult, perhaps SE is trying to make up for that too XD

BUT THEN WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GET WHITE 2 WHEN IT COMES OUT WHY ARE THESE GAMES COMING OUT WITHIN MONTHS OF EACH OTHER. I'm going to get KH3D eventually, I just want to make sure I'll still have enough money left over for White 2 X3

*googles* HOLY JSKLDFJS IT'S 54 BUCKS SDKFLSJDLS /dead

Lol, just looked it up on Amazon, and it is a astonishing $127 brb dying

omg it comes out in 4 days omg klsjdfsdlkfjs
Re:Coded is a true Side story. imo.

Also, about the amazon being $127, cause those are sold by users, Amazon were all out of it, so good luck finding it being 54.99.

~Ryukaa
July 29th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Just beat KH3D safdjlakfj
The pre-final boss events and ending are BRILLIANT. : DDD

Megaman3007
July 30th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Kingdom Hearts

Axel. He is just hot! But I hear he returns in KH 3D

Wii U

I'm getting KH 3D 2mw in the afternoon. So excited!!!! :)

BlooMilk C.
July 31st, 2012, 11:20 AM
I guess I'll order KH3D today and it will come tomorrow. I'm kind of marathonning Days anyway because I missed it lol :x

I hope KH3D is on Wii U to be honest, because the PS3 will probably be outdated by the time it comes out.

Megaman3007
July 31st, 2012, 12:03 PM
I guess I'll order KH3D today and it will come tomorrow. I'm kind of marathonning Days anyway because I missed it lol :x

I hope KH3D is on Wii U to be honest, because the PS3 will probably be outdated by the time it comes out.

Well to be fair there still making new PS2 games and that system came out 12 years ago. I mean this year it seems to only be sport games but I know last year Japan released a few RPGs for it. Though I agree I'd love KH 3 on Wii U.

As for KH3D Joshua's voice was something I was not expecting but its so cute :) XD

Kevin
July 31st, 2012, 12:16 PM
No. KH3 will be for PS4, and that's final. Haha joking, but I really do want it on a Sony console. Idk why, probably since KH started on the PS2, so it should end that way? I know nothing about Wii U though, lol.

Anyways welcome Megaman3007 to the club!

PokemonGamingForever
July 31st, 2012, 12:17 PM
Kingdom Hearts

Xion because she had one of the saddest stories

PS3

Oh and I have a question wasn't the original US release date for KH3D August?

ソラ
July 31st, 2012, 04:37 PM
Oh and I have a question wasn't the original US release date for KH3D August?

No that was a rumor date for Europe when NA got the release date announcement being July 31st.

Cherrim
July 31st, 2012, 07:40 PM
3D is officially out in NA now! :D I picked up my MoM edition first thing this morning and decked out my 3DS in its new case. It's very nice and omg the MoM box is just gorgeous. I love it! I passed off the game to my roommate and I'm making him marathon it all week so I can see one specific cutscene in English before he leaves for a few weeks on Friday. XD;

As for myself, I'm skipping the English release this time but I did finally start my critical mode playthrough! Man, though, CM is really hard this time. :( I'm keeping track of my deaths and I made it through the first world with 44 total, ouch. And that's with all my Spirits carried over! ;_; (There's sort of a new game+, thank god!) It was pretty awesome for the first ability I earned and equipped to be Super Glide though. I fear I will be making very slow progress in this game, though.
First thing's first. The game gets rid of the feeling of emptiness and constant angst that Birth by Sleep had. Instead of that, the game feels a LOT like a mixture of 1 and 2. Flowmotion feels great to use and fits right into the gameplay. The only downside to it is that if you're in a Flowmotion state, you can't use any of your Command Deck moves until you land on the ground. Even so, it's nothing too big of a bother.

Oh, and the Drop System. Don't worry about it interrupting you while playing as one character or the other. The way they designed it makes it feel really smooth, and they even reward you for how many DP(Dream Points) you collect as one character.
Not bothering with spoiler tags because there are no plot spoilers. xD

I think the game would be too hax if you could use commands or do things while using FFA. You'd pretty much by invincible by just wall jumping out of reach in most places to use your commands. It's not too much of a hassle as-is.

I kind of disagree with the drop system thing though. I do like the rewards and all but I felt it was really annoying and it totally pulled me out of the game (er, figuratively and literally :P) whenever it happened. I understand why they did it and it does work well for what it has to do but I would have preferred to play through the game the way I played COM and BBS: one character at a time. (Or I would have preferred being able to drop between S/R whenever I wanted and it would force you to catch up after each set of worlds or something.) I feel like they could have tweaked the system a little more to make it work better.
I liked Re:coded. D:
Honestly, it was a lot better than Days. I mean, I liked Days, but it felt... icky to play, in my opinion.
Re:coded was tons of fun, regardless of being filler or whatever. o3o
*boots out of club* Haha, but seriously. I thought the battle system in Re:Coded was better but as an actual game I... I just hated it. :'(
Just beat KH3D safdjlakfj
The pre-final boss events and ending are BRILLIANT. : DDD
Aren't they? *u*

~Ryukaa
July 31st, 2012, 10:54 PM
Now that KH3D is out in America, I really hope everybody is enjoying it! It's a great game. : D

I think the game would be too hax if you could use commands or do things while using FFA. You'd pretty much by invincible by just wall jumping out of reach in most places to use your commands. It's not too much of a hassle as-is.

I kind of disagree with the drop system thing though. I do like the rewards and all but I felt it was really annoying and it totally pulled me out of the game (er, figuratively and literally :P) whenever it happened. I understand why they did it and it does work well for what it has to do but I would have preferred to play through the game the way I played COM and BBS: one character at a time. (Or I would have preferred being able to drop between S/R whenever I wanted and it would force you to catch up after each set of worlds or something.) I feel like they could have tweaked the system a little more to make it work better.

Yeah, true. xDD;;
I guess I'm just taking it out on the times when I'm thinking, "Okay, I'll just heal quickly once I get on the ground", but then when I do land, some Dream Eater ninja's me, and gets me a Game Over. That's what I get for playing on PM, haha.

And yeah, your opinion about the Drop System is fair enough. Personally, I really, REALLY didn't like the feeling of replaying the game 3 times over when I was going through Birth by Sleep, even though the stories were pretty different. So, the Drop System just felt really amazing for me. I always kept my eye on the Drop bar, so that's probably why it never really affected me. The times when I dropped right before beating a boss also just kinda made me laugh. xD;

*boots out of club* Haha, but seriously. I thought the battle system in Re:Coded was better but as an actual game I... I just hated it. :'(

Why didn't you like it? Just curious. : <

Aren't they? *u*

Yessss. xDDD;;
The Sora pre-final boss event, especially. It really gave me chills watching through it.

Cherrim
July 31st, 2012, 11:12 PM
Now that KH3D is out in America, I really hope everybody is enjoying it! It's a great game. : D
I... I had no idea how the drop system worked when I first played and I was not at my best (in fact I was high on painkillers) so I wasn't translating any of the instructions regarding it so I had no idea why Sora would drop so much faster than Riku. (It turned out to be his keyblade or something.) It was just really frustrating. Now that I know how it works, I'm much better at working around it and I'm more amiable to it, but I did still prefer the other games for their portrayal of multiple protagonists. BBS was really bad for repetitive story, though, so 3D is a nice change based on that alone.
[size=1]Why didn't you like it? Just curious. : <
As for Re:Coded, I wasn't very good at any of the things it strayed from the regular KH system for (turn-based, sidescroller, shootemup, etc.) and I felt that the actual gameplay was really frustratingly clunky when they tried to move BBS's system to the DS. I was actually really apprehensive about getting 3D because of how they'd implemented the command-style in Re:Coded. (I can't remember what, specifically, I hated about the implementation, just that I didn't think it worked well. I haven't touched the game since beating it.)

Also its story was... lacklustre. It was entirely unnecessary except for the ending cutscene. (Like, literally the last one.) That probably wouldn't be so bad except... I'd seen it two years prior. So forcing myself to go all the way through that game that I really didn't enjoy only to see a fairly unimportant cutscene that I'd already looked up after I first played BBS since I hadn't expected Coded to get a remake... yeah. You can imagine my disappointment, although I realize I kind of brought that one on myself. XD; But I stand by the fact that it was an unnecessary game in the series. Everything in it could be condensed into a 10 minute cutscene at the beginning of 3D to state why Sora and Riku are standing in Yen Sid's office space.
Yessss. xDDD;;
The Sora pre-final boss event, especially. It really gave me chills watching through it.
KH3D Spoilers
I got chills the moment the battle music for YMX started and it was the same BGM for Mysterious Figure from BBS. I hadn't made the connection yet before then, I don't think, so it was SO COOL. Especially since he used a lot of the same kinds of attacks and I played the MF fight into the ground haha. But really, every final boss was pretty epic in this game... same with every cutscene surrounding them. ♥

~Ryukaa
July 31st, 2012, 11:42 PM
Also its story was... lacklustre. It was entirely unnecessary except for the ending cutscene. (Like, literally the last one.) That probably wouldn't be so bad except... I'd seen it two years prior. So forcing myself to go all the way through that game that I really didn't enjoy only to see a fairly unimportant cutscene that I'd already looked up after I first played BBS since I hadn't expected Coded to get a remake... yeah. You can imagine my disappointment, although I realize I kind of brought that one on myself. XD; But I stand by the fact that it was an unnecessary game in the series. Everything in it could be condensed into a 10 minute cutscene at the beginning of 3D to state why Sora and Riku are standing in Yen Sid's office space.

KH3D Spoilers (minor)
Expanding on that, I really dislike how they began KH3D. It's really rough, and feels rushed. It's also extremely unfriendly to those people who missed out on Re:coded or just want to start the series from this game. I was ranting for a while to my friends about how clumsy the design for it was, and I'm still quite upset about how they pulled that off. I kinda agree that they should have just put the ending at the beginning of 3D.

KH3D Spoilers
I got chills the moment the battle music for YMX started and it was the same BGM for Mysterious Figure from BBS. I hadn't made the connection yet before then, I don't think, so it was SO COOL. Especially since he used a lot of the same kinds of attacks and I played the MF fight into the ground haha. But really, every final boss was pretty epic in this game... same with every cutscene surrounding them. ♥

KH3D Spoilers (major)
Oh, man. Yeah, that was freaking awesome. All the Riku final bosses really got my heart pumping, haha. Not even kidding. xDD;;
Although, I was underlevelled for the Ansem SoD boss fight, so that was like hell for me. I was about Lv35, but then ended up beating him at Lv41.

The whole scene in Sora's heart where Roxas, Ven and Xion ask Riku the questions pulled my heartstrings a bit. xD;
The part that really got me is when he finds Xion and asks who she is. Man, it was depressing. Speaking of Xion, I really hope we see more of her in III. She's pretty much my favourite character in the series, haha.

ソラ
July 31st, 2012, 11:55 PM
I got my copy in the mail this morning pretty early, I didn't expect it to come atleast later in the afternoon or evening. But I got it right when I was waking up, But I had some stuff to take care of. But here is a picture of it I took

http://i.imgur.com/EWfX3.png

I also need to put those Dream Eater pictures on my laptop I took them they're so cutee! haha. Anyways I loved this game as much as i loved the JPN version, but I love it more cause I can understand it :)

Cherrim
August 1st, 2012, 08:04 AM
KH3D Spoilers (minor)
Expanding on that, I really dislike how they began KH3D. It's really rough, and feels rushed. It's also extremely unfriendly to those people who missed out on Re:coded or just want to start the series from this game. I was ranting for a while to my friends about how clumsy the design for it was, and I'm still quite upset about how they pulled that off. I kinda agree that they should have just put the ending at the beginning of 3D.
3D spoilers
This is very true. :/ People totally laughed it off whenever I'd tell them that 3D got off to a very abrupt start. I told them so! I don't really like being dropped into a game so quickly but it is marginally better than a super long tutorial that doesn't seem like it fit in. Not that this game's tutorial seemed like it fit in, but still.
KH3D Spoilers (major)
Oh, man. Yeah, that was freaking awesome. All the Riku final bosses really got my heart pumping, haha. Not even kidding. xDD;;
Although, I was underlevelled for the Ansem SoD boss fight, so that was like hell for me. I was about Lv35, but then ended up beating him at Lv41.

The whole scene in Sora's heart where Roxas, Ven and Xion ask Riku the questions pulled my heartstrings a bit. xD;
The part that really got me is when he finds Xion and asks who she is. Man, it was depressing. Speaking of Xion, I really hope we see more of her in III. She's pretty much my favourite character in the series, haha.
More 3D spoilers
Wow, you were a much lower level than I. I think I had to be around ~50 before I managed to beat the game? I had a LOT of trouble with YMX and had to try so many times since I just couldn't get the last bit of damage in during the timed section and he'd just turn back time. >:/ The time I did get it, though, I hadn't trained any extra and I got it way easily so I don't know what happened there, haha.

But I almost died a little when you fight Ventus's armour in that segment since I thought the game was already over and suddenly there was a boss fight that didn't really seem to fit in and I was going to be so mad if Ven had somehow been corrupted but when I realized what had actually happened... awww!

DON'T MIND ME, JUST SHARING HEADCANON. (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2np2hztoP1qzo7dyo1_500.png) Ven is totally the baby sitter in Sora's heart and he protects his babies (and they in turn protect Sora awwwww). I also really like how the cheesiest answers were the correct ones as far as getting the secret ending. XD; It's so fitting for those three, imo.

Also yay, another Xion fan. She just doesn't get enough love. <3
I also need to put those Dream Eater pictures on my laptop I took them they're so cutee! haha. Anyways I loved this game as much as i loved the JPN version, but I love it more cause I can understand it :)
I need to do this too. 8| I will probably switch my avatar with one later since this is very much a filler avatar. Probably. I actually kind of like it lmao.

Magic
August 1st, 2012, 09:14 AM
I assume this hasn't been mentioned amongst this KH stuff.

New FF13 title will be announced during Final Fantasy anniversary (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a396737/new-final-fantasy-xiii-title-confirmed-for-anniversary-event.html).

Thoughts? Feelings?

Personally 13 was one of my least favourite FF games, but 13-2 was certainly improvement. I do not want another add on to the same characters story though. So if they announce a 13-3 then I won't be happy.

Of course, an 'add on to FF13' could mean any game based on that world. So I'm hoping for either a console game - like Revenant Wings/Tactics but Cocoon/Pulse, or maybe cling to the slim chance it will tell us more about Versus (if that still counts as a FF13 game).

Cherrim
August 1st, 2012, 09:33 AM
I imagine it's gonna be 13-3 because it seems like the easiest thing to make, it gives them an excuse to use Lightning (pretty much a worldwide favourite by now, I guess), and they really copped out on an ending for 13-2 so another one is fairly expected.

I'd really prefer for it to be Versus, though, if only so it'll just come out already. It was rumoured to be cancelled but S-E denied that so... it could happen.

http://gematsu.com/2012/08/new-final-fantasy-xiii-project-just-started-running

There's another interesting rumour about it, re: consoles. I'm just hoping it means multi-platform rather than like... Kinect.

Magic
August 1st, 2012, 09:40 AM
There's another interesting rumour about it, re: consoles. I'm just hoping it means multi-platform rather than like... Kinect.

Good God, nothing should be on Kinect. Ever! :P

I'm just hoping that SE don't suddenly decide to drop Xbox games, there was a rumour a while back that Versus was to be PS3 only (but considering nobody knows anything about that I'm really hoping it is a rumour).

13-3 bleh! :P I quite liked the bitter-sweet ending to the last game, and I'm still adamant that the 'to be continued' thing was to do with DLC/Paradox Fragments. I just hope I'm right :(.

Also Lightning is bleh XD NO MORE.

Cherrim
August 1st, 2012, 10:38 AM
Good God, nothing should be on Kinect. Ever! :P

I'm just hoping that SE don't suddenly decide to drop Xbox games, there was a rumour a while back that Versus was to be PS3 only (but considering nobody knows anything about that I'm really hoping it is a rumour).

13-3 bleh! :P I quite liked the bitter-sweet ending to the last game, and I'm still adamant that the 'to be continued' thing was to do with DLC/Paradox Fragments. I just hope I'm right :(.
Well, they may not bother with 360 versions in Japan but iirc they do fairly well here? I think the 360 still has more of the market share in NA than the PS3 so it wouldn't be a great move to drop it entirely from their development cycle if it isn't too much trouble to continue porting their games from PS3.

Well, they copped out on the chance of it being bitter-sweet. It was just bitter. XD; Though I haven't played any of the DLC (and probably never will--I don't wanna support that) so I don't know for sure how that ends up.
Also Lightning is bleh XD NO MORE.
...rude! :P /shot

Megaman3007
August 1st, 2012, 11:09 AM
Considering I have every console released in the past 12 years I don't mind what it comes out on. XD. Actually just got a 360 with kinect coming in the mail this week. Had no idea I bought it with Kinetic anyway. As for FF-13-3 I hope its not true. I really hated the two due to the battle style. It ruined a game I was hoping i'd enjoy. Is Lighting really the most popular? She was the only one i disliked in the game. Serah,Noel and Hope being my top 3 fav. Though I can kinda see why people would like her tbh. A pretty strong female is always nice to have in these kinds of games.

Cherrim
August 1st, 2012, 11:51 AM
I'm not a fan of Lightning (sadly, considering my username XD) but I know I'm in the minority for that... in the West, at least. I think Japan has always liked Serah more than Lightning, though, although I don't understand that either because she didn't have much of a role before XIII-2. @_@; (And I found her kind of grating in XIII-2 but she's just not the kind of character I usually like, I guess.) I like her over Lightning after 2, though.

I'm abolutely okay with a sequel, though, if only for more chances to use the battle system. I actually really, really adore it. *u*

~Ryukaa
August 1st, 2012, 02:03 PM
think I'll be okay with a 13-3 as well. o3o
I really enjoyed the first two games, and would love to see how it all ends. xD;
As for the characters, I've got no particular favourite. I really like them all.
...But yeah, vXIII would be nice too, haha.

DON'T MIND ME, JUST SHARING HEADCANON. (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2np2hztoP1qzo7dyo1_500.png) Ven is totally the baby sitter in Sora's heart and he protects his babies (and they in turn protect Sora awwwww). I also really like how the cheesiest answers were the correct ones as far as getting the secret ending. XD; It's so fitting for those three, imo.

KH3D Spoilers
That picture is freaking adorable. xDDDD;;
Annd yeah, haha. I loved how they even brought back the questions in the first place. Made me feel pretty nostalgic, haha.

Cherrim
August 1st, 2012, 08:56 PM
KH3D Spoilers
That picture is freaking adorable. xDDDD;;
Annd yeah, haha. I loved how they even brought back the questions in the first place. Made me feel pretty nostalgic, haha.
3D Spoilers
Thaaanks. <3

I loved the questions too. Partially because I was able to recognize what they were asking and guess the right answer while playing in a different language from what I'd originally heard the questions in but I mostly just love throwbacks like that. It was a neat idea and it really added to the whole atmosphere of Riku sort of growing up. It was Sora who was asked those questions in a weird philosophical dream-like state in the first game but it's Riku who made the full circle and gets asked those questions again later... just before becoming a Keyblade Master. :D

Megaman3007
August 2nd, 2012, 03:11 AM
Wonder if it would be for Wii U too.

BlooMilk C.
August 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM
Well, I can't really judge. I'm stuck on the final boss of XIII-2. To be honest, call me terrible, but I liked the games, considering they were my first FF games, and I thought that they were both fine, I would be okay with a XIII-3 if it was done well. As for characters, I came to really like Hope. My younger brother and I used to have this thing with Hope where we complained that he was too whiny in XIII, but I feel as if after he conquered his fears, he became a nice, relatable character. I didn't really have much of an opinion of Serah, considering she was in about 20 minutes of the game, so I don't know. She became a really good character in XIII-2, in my opinion, although kind of bland, she's relatable to some level because she's down to Earth. I'm just hoping they don't milk the Fabula Nova Crystallis series...

also i love lightning don't judge me ok

Kevin
August 3rd, 2012, 06:59 AM
So I started playing KH3D: DDD yesterday and omfg it's flippin' amazing. Probably my second favourite side-game in the series (apart from KH & KH2), since I'll always love BBS.

I'm only on the second world though, La Cite Des Cloches (I like how it isn't English) since I've been training a whole lot, haha.

ソラ
August 3rd, 2012, 10:23 AM
So I started playing KH3D: DDD yesterday and omfg it's flippin' amazing. Probably my second favourite side-game in the series (apart from KH & KH2), since I'll always love BBS.

I'm only on the second world though, La Cite Des Cloches (I like how it isn't English) since I've been training a whole lot, haha.

BBS, KH3D arent side games. Side games aka spin offs, they don't continue inthe story, they have a totally different story. So basically KH3D continues the story.

Kevin
August 3rd, 2012, 02:06 PM
BBS, KH3D arent side games. Side games aka spin offs, they don't continue inthe story, they have a totally different story. So basically KH3D continues the story.Yeah I know I didn't literally mean "spin-offs" but like they aren't numbered KH 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc., since KH 1 & 2 had many more worlds than the others, and had the main characters Sora, Donald, and Goofy and not Organization 13 like in 358/2 Days.

But basically apart from KH1&2, KH3D is one of my favourites. Re:coded was a waste of my $40 dollars. .-.

Cherrim
August 3rd, 2012, 02:09 PM
I consider them side games. COM is the only true example we have of an in-between game since they've only released 1 and 2 as numbered games. It furthered the story but it wasn't absolutely necessary to understanding the next "main" game. I imagine KH3 will be the same in that everything in-between will probably be somewhat negligible. They'll probably summarize it before the game starts or something, somehow. I feel they almost have to considering how many systems KH has been on since KH2. :/ Obviously not everyone could pick up every game.

But "spin-offs" are a different thing entirely for me. If they decided to start a new series that used the Kingdom Hearts lore but was relatively unconnected from the current series/storyline (like maybe focusing on some random new Keyblade wielder that, unlike BBS's new wielders, had nothing to do with Sora/Xehanort), then it would be a spin-off.

CarefulWetPaint
August 4th, 2012, 01:17 AM
So now most of you have picked up KH3D hows everyone liking it!
I havent had a chance to leave town to get it yet (poor me) but I was still wondering what everyones been thinking of it so far (without spoilers would be nice.)

Im really excited to get a chance to play it though! It should be great fun :)

Kevin
August 5th, 2012, 06:25 AM
So now most of you have picked up KH3D hows everyone liking it!
I havent had a chance to leave town to get it yet (poor me) but I was still wondering what everyones been thinking of it so far (without spoilers would be nice.)

Im really excited to get a chance to play it though! It should be great fun :)It's amazing. I love the Spirits that fight with you feature, and I just finished The Grid world for both Riku and Sora. Onto Prankster's Paradise now. :)

Freddy Fazbear
August 11th, 2012, 09:39 AM
So, me and my friend were playing Super Smash Bros Brawl the other day, and we got to thinking: Square Enix needs to to make a game like Super Smash Bros, but with only Square Enix characters. We tried to think of a decent number of characters to add into the game, with weight classes and final smashes similar to the characters already in Super Smash Bros. We got a small list going, and I wanted to know what you think of our ideas, and what other characters should go into this game if it was to be made?

So here's the characters we got so far:
Name (Game Series), Weight Class

Sora (Kingdom Hearts), light
Riku (Kingdom Hearts), medium
Roxas (Kingdom Hearts), light
Neku (TWEWY), medium
Minamimoto (TWEWY), medium-heavy
Cloud (Final Fantasy), medium-heavy
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy), medium
Auron (Final Fantasy), heavy
Tidus (Final Fantasy), light
Yuna (Final Fantasy), light
Lightning (Final Fantasy), light-medium
Crono (Chrono Trigger), medium
Frog (Chrono Trigger), light

rainerman3
August 11th, 2012, 10:11 AM
i don't know how to join, but i'll answer the topic anyway.
What's your favourite series by Square-Enix, and why?

I cannot really decide between final fantasy and kingdom hearts but i'll probably go with kingdom hearts because i love all of the games story and i love the touching moments and the comedic moments. It is just awesome! :)
I hope kingdom hearts 3d dream drop distance will release in Estonia soon. :/

Kevin
August 11th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Welcome rainerman3 to the club. :)
And omg forgot to say, but I loved KH3D. I must say I was overleveled to make gameplay easier but still, haha, it was still challenging. It was on Standard Mode too. I realized that I need to be on Proud/Critical to get the other trophies, so I'll replay it in a few months.

Why is Riku the one who has so many bosses in The World That Never Was. ;0 Sora only had Xemnas. Oh god, first Riku fought the Anti Coat Nightmare, who was challenging. Then the game's like, "lol, fight Ansem! :D", and I lost the first time, but then I used Reality Shift to make it easier. I was like whew, and then all of a sudden it's like "lmfao, re-fight a powered up version of me!" and that took me a million tries. Afterward, I almost died to Sora's Dive to the Heart, but I beat Ventus's Armor on the first try. :D I always thought Sora had it hard; fighting that really dumb Spellican and fighting Rinzler..

rainerman3
August 12th, 2012, 09:31 PM
And omg forgot to say, but I loved KH3D. I must say I was overleveled to make gameplay easier but still, haha, it was still challenging. It was on Standard Mode too. I realized that I need to be on Proud/Critical to get the other trophies, so I'll replay it in a few months.

Why is Riku the one who has so many bosses in The World That Never Was. ;0 Sora only had Xemnas. Oh god, first Riku fought the Anti Coat Nightmare, who was challenging. Then the game's like, "lol, fight Ansem! :D", and I lost the first time, but then I used Reality Shift to make it easier. I was like whew, and then all of a sudden it's like "lmfao, re-fight a powered up version of me!" and that took me a million tries. Afterward, I almost died to Sora's Dive to the Heart, but I beat Ventus's Armor on the first try. :D I always thought Sora had it hard; fighting that really dumb Spellican and fighting Rinzler..

:O KH3D sounds like so much FUN! WHY WONT IT RELEASE HERE WHERE I LIVE!?!??!

Tigerkit300
August 13th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Kingdom Hearts

It's a tie between Axel(Lea) and Riku. I just love the contrast between their stories.

Ps3 and hopefully 3ds

Sakura Rain
August 13th, 2012, 09:54 PM
OKAY WELCOME EVERYONE WHO I DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO WELCOME. fml, inactivity. I blame preparing for college next year.

Why is Riku the one who has so many bosses in The World That Never Was. ;0 Sora only had Xemnas. Oh god, first Riku fought the Anti Coat Nightmare, who was challenging. Then the game's like, "lol, fight Ansem! :D", and I lost the first time, but then I used Reality Shift to make it easier. I was like whew, and then all of a sudden it's like "lmfao, re-fight a powered up version of me!" and that took me a million tries. Afterward, I almost died to Sora's Dive to the Heart, but I beat Ventus's Armor on the first try. :D I always thought Sora had it hard; fighting that really dumb Spellican and fighting Rinzler.

KH3D is amazing. Sadly, I haven't got to buy it yet, but my bff irl has lent me his copy indefinitely (originally it was going to be two weeks, but then he skipped off on holiday with his parents so yaaaay <3) I beat it on Standard too! I'll probably wait till I get my own copy to beat it on Proud/Critical.

spoilers: KH3D

Preeetty sure that's because Sora was already snoozing by the time Riku got to TWTNW? But klsdjfsl Anti-Black Coat. THAT WAS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. I maintain that it's Vanitas and then Ansem Round I and Ansem Round II. I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU AND YOUR ~DARKNESS~ PLEASE STOP EXISTING and what, no mention of YMX? So. much. raaaaaaage. Ven's armor was disappointingly easy. I squealed for ten minutes when it popped up out of the darkness though klsjfdfs veeeeeen <3 I didn't really have trouble with many of the bosses sans Rinzler and the TWTNW bosses, tbh.

Railgun
August 14th, 2012, 05:27 AM
I still need to beat KH 3D. Only have done Tranverse Town,Notra Dame and now trying to beat the Crab boss battles as Riku and Sora

PokemonGamingForever
August 17th, 2012, 09:32 PM
KH 3D is handing my butt to me.

Cherrim
August 19th, 2012, 07:15 PM
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU SEQUEL. SEQUEL SEQUEL SEQUEL.

Well, probably. I mean, it's speculation until that countdown stops.

An official Square-Enix teaser site officially appeared: the top page is counting down seven days. And the character designer is listed as Tetsuya Nomura and Kobayashi Gen. And you can see the URL... it's "subaseka"! What does this mean? The obvious speculation is that something will happen at midnight on the 27th. Nomura-san, in a previous interview, hinted that they might look into a "Subarashiki Kono Sekai" sequel. Isn't this fun!

Source: http://www.ff-reunion.net/sqex/2012/08/20/timelimit-within-7days (translated myself)

ソラ
August 19th, 2012, 11:33 PM
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU SEQUEL. SEQUEL SEQUEL SEQUEL.

Well, probably. I mean, it's speculation until that countdown stops.

6 More dayyyyyyssss. I can't wait to see what it is, and I do hope it is a Sequel. Let the speculation begin :D

myrrhman
August 20th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Oh god. I was thinking "too bad TWEWY isn't a series, or else I could say that was my favorite series" and then I read this post. BRING IT ON SQUARE ENIX, I ALREADY PERFECTED YOUR FIRST GAME.

Since there doesn't seem to be a sign up form, I guess I'll just say that the FFTA series is my favorite. I know, its a spin off series, but its still really good.

Cherrim
August 20th, 2012, 11:15 AM
The site started working properly for me after midnight last night. XD; It was so borked when I initially posted that. Was doing a countdown to midnight and then it refreshed and started up. Bad, Square-Enix! Code your Javascript better!

Anyway, sooo excited. I hope it's on 3DS but honestly I'll take anything at all at this point. :D I'm so happy!

ソラ
August 20th, 2012, 11:37 AM
The site started working properly for me after midnight last night. XD; It was so borked when I initially posted that. Was doing a countdown to midnight and then it refreshed and started up. Bad, Square-Enix! Code your Javascript better!

Anyway, sooo excited. I hope it's on 3DS but honestly I'll take anything at all at this point. :D I'm so happy!

I do hope it is for the 3DS as well. Yeah 6 days and 11 hours (at the time im posting this now haha). But God I can't wait! my fanboy..ism is like at the edge of it's seat haha. I wonder if they're going to make it more 3D..ish. Instead of 2D like the Main game, if they keep the 2D in the game I wont care either way I like the original gameplay. let see how SE is going to do this :3

KH Fan Bixran
August 20th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I was able to find the siliconera article concerning twewy 2:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/19/square-enixs-new-teaser-website-looks-reminiscent-of-the-world-ends-with-you/

scroll down a bit, and, there will be a link to, by far, the best remix of calling i've ever heard

ソラ
August 20th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Here is the songs for it

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/images/NCQKL/sound_6days.mp3

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/images/NCQKL/sound_5days.mp3

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/images/NCQKL/sound_4days.mp3

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/images/NCQKL/sound_3days.mp3

I tried to put in 2days didnt work. But I think they all work haha

Kevin
August 20th, 2012, 02:53 PM
So you all mentioned TWEWY so I remembered I needed to finish the game!
I'm done with the first day of the second week (yeah, I haven't played much), but omg.
I can't believe Shiki was Neku's way to go back into the Games. ;___; And yeah I Googled Shiki's real appearance and eh, I like her better as Eri. XD

But yeah anyway I hope it is a sequel to TWEWY.

Lightning
August 22nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
ohhh~ an se club ;u; i musttt join.

What's your favourite series by Square-Enix, and why?

Final Fantasy because its awesome! Jk, I love the characters and the stories for the games. I'm currently playing FF 13-2 ^^.
KH is my second favorite series but I haven't been keeping up the games D: (no money!!!) T_T

~Ryukaa
August 24th, 2012, 12:42 AM
It looks like the "new TWEWY game" is turning out to just be an iOS port (http://www.khinsider.com/news/THE-WORLD-ENDS-WITH-YOU-Crossover-Soundtrack-and-iOS-Version-Releasing-2012-3035), lol.
I'm honestly not surprised, but yeah... disappointed, too. xD;
But who knows? We've still got two days left, something else might pop up alongside it!

Alsooo, welcome to the club, Foxy!

Yoshimi
August 24th, 2012, 02:56 PM
https://twitter.com/brilingual/status/238893262570651648

The iOS announcement was only one of them. There's still a chance that Square Enix isn't trolling their fanbase like they always are.

ソラ
August 26th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I guess the iphone/ipad rumors for the TWEWY iOS is true. Called The World Ends with You Solo Remix. Here is the site http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/ and here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osRNt8ai9FM

~Ryukaa
August 26th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I'm actually sorta fine with this. xDD;;
This HD port looks pretty good, actually! I'll probably end up picking it up sometime sooner or later. o3o

Kevin
August 28th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Twenty dollars, eh? Well I need an iTunes gift card. xD

But yeah once I finish the DS game I'll go ahead and buy it on my iPad.

Cherrim
August 28th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I'm not picking up the iOS version. :/ The only thing I have that runs iOS is a first generation Touch that I got second-hand from my brother's friend and it has dust under the screen and the audio doesn't actually work all the time. I don't think it would even run the iPhone version of TWEWY (which I'm not paying $17 for wtf!). My roommate has an iPad but I don't feel like a watered down version of TWEWY--because that's what it is to me without the partner system in tact--is worth $20. :/ It would be nice to see it with the HD art but not worth it.

I'm also really mad at S-E for hyping up the iOS release like that. They never do countdowns and when they do, it's for things that are more exciting than, well, a port to iOS with no functional additions to the game. :/ Don't really wanna support them for hyping the fandom up so much and then having only an okay port to show for it.

ソラ
August 28th, 2012, 10:17 PM
That really pisses me off though. The hype for the countdown for a 18 dollar & 20 Dollar app, that only works on a certain apple device, not even the itouch 4g (iPod touch) can't even play it, you need iPhone 4 or higher, iPad 2 or higher with the iOS of 4.3 or higher to play. iPhone 3GS and lower can't play it, nor iPad 1, even with the iOS 4.3 or higher still can't play. They showed how they don't listen to fans, when clearly fans wants to see a sequel, not a port to a mobile phone where it's kind of hard to keep focus on, when a real game system is easy to keep focus on cause a phone should be for communicating to people. Puzzle games/Angry Birds/a game with no story what-so-ever is made more for mobile, not a story-wise Action RPG. :| srsly, SE needs to listen to fans passed few years has been releasing nothing but ports, and some sequel/prequel games. I love SE a lot, but seriously they need to listen to fans more.

Kevin
August 29th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Wait, it isn't even compatible with the iTouch? Gee, that sucks even more. I would've liked a TWEWY sequel, or heck, even a prequel. xD;

ソラ
August 31st, 2012, 02:57 PM
Looks like they might give us a New TWEWY game afterall. From the looks of this

Its a spoiler, so open at own risk.

http://i.imgur.com/oCjx9.jpg

and the looks of this video too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR393hS2C_g But Idk the video has spoilers to iOS ending/secret ending? So watch at own risk

EDIT:Some people think it is Shiki true face/body, when it isn't this is.
http://theworldendswithyou.neoseeker.com/w/i/theworldendswithyou/8/86/Shiki-rg.png

Kevin
August 31st, 2012, 05:44 PM
BIYGUYGYTRRGUYG. I don't want to get my hopes up, but hopefully!

And I thought Shiki looked different, unless she had to give her body up again. Or maybe someone new who stole her Mr. Mew. xD

Railgun
September 4th, 2012, 04:57 PM
People are thinking its actually Shiki and Neku's daughter XD. That or maybe Shiki lost Mr.Mew and this girl finds it. If she is the new MC I'll be happy. Games need to have more female leads in my book.

KH Fan Bixran
September 8th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Ok, awesome that they might have another twewy, but I got a question that I just cannot seem to find an answer to:
(only answer if u beat the game, or just dont give a crap about spoilers)
Near the end, once Riku gets teleported to Memory's Skyscraper after beating Ansem, can you wall jump to the top? Or is there an invisible barrier preventing anyone from actually landing on the top?
If you can figure this out for me, plz and thank you.

ソラ
September 19th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Kingdom Hearts Fans! I have come to you with WONDERFULLY GOOD NEWS :)
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/khhd/images/logo.gif

TGS, SE has announced Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX which will have (this is for Japan, im not sure for Localization as this point) Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Full remake for Theater Mode of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for the PS3, coming out 2013.

EDIT: if this is a localization game for everywhere, this is good for Europe as well since Re:Chain of Memories never got released there, good for them too. :) also, since the game will probably be Region free, can import it as well, which I will for the JPN version.

Here is the link: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/khhd/

~Ryukaa
September 19th, 2012, 10:48 PM
I'm okay with this!
Chain of Memories is one of my favourite entries, and Kingdom Hearts was feeling a bit dated anyway, so a HD upscaling is always nice! : D
Although, I hope it's more than just a gloss over, which quite a few companies like to do with their HD ports.

ソラ
September 20th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I'm okay with this!
Chain of Memories is one of my favourite entries, and Kingdom Hearts was feeling a bit dated anyway, so a HD upscaling is always nice! : D
Although, I hope it's more than just a gloss over, which quite a few companies like to do with their HD ports.

Also to think we might actually get Final Mix outside of Japan is such a good thing too. :)

~Ryukaa
September 20th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Oh, yeah! Definitely.
Not to mention if this comes out in English, and then they decide to make a HD port of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, there's always the chance that it might also come out in English! o3o

Psystar63
September 21st, 2012, 02:19 AM
Yes yes YES!!! A SE fan club!!!
Hi, Star would like to join!

Kingdom Hearts FTW!!! But i'm also getting into Dragon Quest.

Hmm, I like Riku! He's an interesting person, plus he's kinda handsome <3 ☆_☆ Oh, but why did you have to cut your hair in KH3D???

Seeing that KH and KH2 were on Playstation two, it's only fitting that it should be on PS3. 3DS would be nice, but it just has to be on the ps3.

ソラ
September 21st, 2012, 11:57 AM
Oh, yeah! Definitely.
Not to mention if this comes out in English, and then they decide to make a HD port of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, there's always the chance that it might also come out in English! o3o

I'd die happy if that happens. If Nomura, and SE, and Disney decided to come to their senses and do it, I'd die so happy. :) But let see about the the localization version before we get into more speculations.

Railgun
September 22nd, 2012, 04:16 AM
Please be in English Companies are getting on my nerves lately about not making certain games people want into English. An English version would get more people in it that missed it the first time meaning more sales for KH 3

ソラ
September 22nd, 2012, 11:02 AM
Please be in English Companies are getting on my nerves lately about not making certain games people want into English. An English version would get more people in it that missed it the first time meaning more sales for KH 3

The only game they didn't sell in the Kingdom Hearts series is Final Mix, Final Mix+ BBSFinal Mix, Coded for the mobile. But they still released every other game to us, we know the story. Plus Nomura wouldn't leave out the PS3 HD collection for us, we will give it to us.

EDIT:
gVH-v1ZbeHk

^Press CC for Sub
This is amazing, the trailer, also it looks like they added something new to KH1/FM "reaction commands" like in Re:CoM, and KH2 :) also days have a new scene. It shows it.

EDITX2:Reaction commands
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mauv87UwPs1r9zy3co1_500.png
Comparison with Kh1, and HD Remastered
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mav2ud4Dab1qkfenpo1_500.jpg

rainerman3
September 24th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I have no idea how they manage to pull off such amazing trailers of kingdom hearts all the time! I mean add some scenes from kingdom hearts, simple and clean (the instrumental version) and boom, you have an epic trailer. I mean i deeply enjoyed watching the kingdom hearts 3d trailers. I haven't played kingdom hearts 358/2 days, but I see that it's great and from the trailer the scene looked awesome... Oh and I finally got Kingdom Hearts 3D and finished it in 3 days. ^.^'' But now I'm starting from the normal difficulty and I'm trying to unlock the secret ending. And can anyone explain to me why all the characters seem to ignore Sora a lot. I mean cmon just look they talk to Riku all the time but Sora just like isn't there. xD So can anyone tell me if there is a reason or it's just that. Oh and I don't really get Sora's part of the story... I almost teared up when Sora (Ventus) was just chasing Riku (Terra) and Kairi (Aqua).
Since Ven's theme music always gets me to tear up. :,) And wow this is a long post...

Kevin
September 30th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Holy snap, it MUST COME TO AMERICA.

Oh, and welcome to the club, Psystar63. :)

Psystar63
September 30th, 2012, 02:24 PM
The only game they didn't sell in the Kingdom Hearts series is Final Mix, Final Mix+ BBSFinal Mix, Coded for the mobile. But they still released every other game to us, we know the story. Plus Nomura wouldn't leave out the PS3 HD collection for us, we will give it to us.

EDIT:
gVH-v1ZbeHk

^Press CC for Sub
This is amazing, the trailer, also it looks like they added something new to KH1/FM "reaction commands" like in Re:CoM, and KH2 :) also days have a new scene. It shows it.

EDITX2:Reaction commands
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mauv87UwPs1r9zy3co1_500.png
Comparison with Kh1, and HD Remastered
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mav2ud4Dab1qkfenpo1_500.jpg

Woah, talk about awesome! It had better be released to America/Europe/Australia etc! It would be such a tease to us if they didn't...they've already teased us enough. I've played 358/2 days, so that new scene has got me interested. Wonder if there are any other new scenes that they've added...
And thanks Destiny Demon! :D

Cherrim
October 13th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Those aren't really reaction commands. They just moved the abilities like Ars Arcanum (pictured) and whatnot to the triangle button instead of having to go to the bottom of the menu to select them. That's still great news though because it means there's a good chance they did the same with treasure chests. That's one of the hardest things for me to get used to in KH1--having to clear a room just to open a chest. And apparently they've altered the camera to be more like KH2's which is also quite welcome. Aside from that and updated character models & textures, it should be exactly the same though. I can't imagine they'll actually add in reaction commands and things that would change the course of battle.

I'm so excited though! Re:COM in glorious HD! Finally! I was always kind of disappointed with the blurriness of the cutscenes in that game (because they were pre-rendered and recorded in SD instead of rendered as the game goes) and that will finally be fixed!

And Days! <3 It looks so good and they ARE condensing and voicing the important cutscenes that weren't originally voiced and pretty. I was worried they'd just be including the rather empty theatre mode from the original game recorded in HD which would be okay but not really ideal in any sense of the word.

Kevin
November 10th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I'm so excited though! Re:COM in glorious HD! Finally! I was always kind of disappointed with the blurriness of the cutscenes in that game (because they were pre-rendered and recorded in SD instead of rendered as the game goes) and that will finally be fixed!

And Days! <3 It looks so good and they ARE condensing and voicing the important cutscenes that weren't originally voiced and pretty. I was worried they'd just be including the rather empty theatre mode from the original game recorded in HD which would be okay but not really ideal in any sense of the word.I've never played Re:Com, so I'm looking forward to playing it (that is, if It comes to NA).

I kinda wish Days was playable, but then again, there are some functions that would have to be altered a lot to make it usable for the PS3.

YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
February 17th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Good idea of making a SE club instead of several different clubs.
I am joining simply because I love Square Enix and the games they produce.

My favourite on would be definitely be Kingdom Hearts.

It would be Sora (KH2 Sora). Second would be either Kairi or Riku or Aqua/Ventus

The playstation 3 or even 4(if it comes out by then), it has to be on a sony console, no Microsoft or Nintendo console!

Sodom
February 18th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Unfortunately, this thread passed away two months ago :(. You shouldn't post in threads that haven't posted in for more than one month.

Locked.