PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Knox acquitted

Mariah Carey
October 3rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15162243

Ugh, I am so happy for her. I personally don't believe she did it (though that will always be up for debate) and I'm happy that she can finally get back to her life after spending four years in jail for a crime (I don't believe) she committed. I hope she's able to get a job, because it must be hard to get one after spending 4 years in jail accused of murder. I wish her the best in life and that she tries to get past there terrible four years.

Discuss.

Saerith
October 4th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Although I don't believe she did it either I doubt she will ever have a normal life after this. Even though they are not supposed to employers will discriminate her also there are people who believe she did the poor girl will no doubt get hounded. I mean wasn't there major death threats to her family even after all the "evidence" was found to be faked/shoddy.

FreakyLocz14
October 4th, 2011, 03:43 AM
I always thought she was innocent, or at least that there was serious doubt as to her guilt. Even if an appeals court exonerates you, consequences of your experience in the justice system often do remain.

Went
October 4th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Well, she was still found guilty of blaming someone else without evidence and sentenced to three years (she already served). Still, the family of the victim has appealed, because now the question is who killed the British girl some years ago, and the history might not end here :\ Also, there is a guy in prison for being her accomplice... what will happen to him now? Because I don't think you can be the accomplice of an "innocent" person.

FreakyLocz14
October 4th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Well, she was still found guilty of blaming someone else without evidence and sentenced to three years (she already served). Still, the family of the victim has appealed, because now the question is who killed the British girl some years ago, and the history might not end here :\ Also, there is a guy in prison for being her accomplice... what will happen to him now? Because I don't think you can be the accomplice of an "innocent" person.

I have no training in Italian law, so take this with a grain of salt, but her accused accomplice probably has a good argument for an appeal himself now.

Went
October 4th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I have no training in Italian law, so take this with a grain of salt, but her accused accomplice probably has a good argument for an appeal himself now.

I'm actually surprised he wasn't included in this appeal, as both sentences are basically one and the same. I'm pretty sure he will, unless the Italian system is so absurdly broken.