PDA

View Full Version : Video Games verses Reading

Rubberbandman
December 30th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Which would you prefer,playing Video Games or Reading?

Strawberry Delcatty
December 30th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Unless I'm reading fan fics online, I'm happy with video games.

BladeForever
December 30th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Depends... If I'm in my house and I get bored the 1st thing I'll do is head over to my r00m to play games and as a last resort read my manga's. If it's a road trip I enjoy reading the most. Though, lately I've been into my games more every since I was hit up with new games.

~Blade~

Star6
December 30th, 2004, 01:34 PM
I refer to read because it just lets me relax and drift away to antoher place but video games get me frustrated. I having beeing play Halo alot these days though.

goth_espeon3
December 30th, 2004, 01:45 PM
I voted for video games, but reading is cool, too. It kinda depends on what type of video game or book or magazine or whatever.......

GiveMeThe__xTruthx
December 30th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Video Games...I used to like reading more than I do now. I can't ever find a good book. :(

Kayleigh
December 30th, 2004, 02:31 PM
It depends, really. I honestly can't seem to find any books that I actually like enough to sit down and read, though, (with the exception of the Tokyo Mew Mew manga books...) so I'd have to go with video games.
Even though I don't play them too often, I still enjoy having them, especially on road trips! I carry my Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town game and GBA in my purse all the time, and whenever things get boring I just start playing it, lol. It's fun, and my mom even agrees that those games are pretty educational.

Ryoutarou
December 30th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Aside from the fact that I DON'T have any video games ^^; I'd usually end up reading, manga is about the only thing I read in book format. They give me more most of the times, and I only enjoyed a few games that I'd pick over reading a manga. So ya, whenever I'm bored I'll just pick up a manga and start reading.

Raito Absol
December 30th, 2004, 02:58 PM
At my house I prefer playing games, when I'm at my friends house I prefer playing games, but when I'm at a relatives house I prefer reading so I don't look like a nerd.. XD.

*Chikorita*
December 30th, 2004, 03:10 PM
It depends, I think that I vote for video games becuase I enjoy playing them so much. Though video games can become extremely frustrating and don't do wonders for your eyes. ^__~ With a good book I can travel to a entirely different world, and at the same time enjoy myself like when playing video games. I guess its even to some extent. XD

Master Angel
December 30th, 2004, 05:21 PM
I love to read. I've loved it ever since I knew how to read. It's not that I don't like video games, they're just not as fun as reading. Partly because I can't win any of them...

MegaDitto
December 30th, 2004, 05:53 PM
I like reading better.Games are good but.I just like reading.

TRIFORCE89
December 30th, 2004, 06:51 PM
I love to read, but I have read very very little because I read in the weirdest way known to man. No matter the size of the book, even if I could finish it in a day...I will not read more than one chapter a day. It's an odd bad habit that I want to lose. I'll treat a chapter like a book. I'll read it and close it, I won't even put a bookmark in. And since I only read a chapter, that gives me plenty of time for other things to come up and therefore I don't ever end up getting back to the book. Three times I've started reading Lord of the Rings and never get back to it. This summer was actually going good, I started the week before school started up...but then when school came along...blah...didn't get back to it.

I was like that with video games too for a long time. I'd only do a level/world a day. I've broken free of that habit, thankfully.

Until I break my bad reading habit, I'll have to go with games sadly. Readings fun but my odd way annoys the heck out of me. @@

Roxas
December 30th, 2004, 07:00 PM
It depends on what video games and what books, sweetie. If the game sucks and the book is good, the book wins over the game. But if the game rawks, then the game wins. BUT, if it's a manga, then that's almost impossible to choose.

Brittany
December 30th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Video games, generally.

There are some good books that I would prefer over a video game though.

AngelWolfie
December 31st, 2004, 02:36 AM
It seems impossible to find an interesting book at the local and school libraries here...But on those rare occasions when I find an excellent book, I'm hooked. I don't really like video games or reading, though...

Kylie-chan
December 31st, 2004, 02:51 AM
I'm a bookworm, and have been reading since two. Besides I'm no good at video games and don't wish to improve. Reading forever. XD

Elite Four Lance
December 31st, 2004, 03:26 AM
I like playing video games more but I prefer reading before I go to bed.

Composer of Requiems
December 31st, 2004, 04:06 AM
To be honest, I read a lot more than I play ^^ I find it more relaxing...

Asher
December 31st, 2004, 04:31 AM
I love to read. >_>: Video Games cost so much. And the games and console are sold separatedly at EXPENSIVE prices. @_@';; But books ... they're in one pack. Excitement. Adventures. Magic. ^____^;;;;; I wuv mah books!!!

Shinin
December 31st, 2004, 05:30 AM
Video games. I hate reading so much. When I did a small book reportish thing in 5th grade, I based it off of what it said on the back of the book. XD

winnie
December 31st, 2004, 07:01 AM
Well i like both, but lately i've been reading more than i do playing video games and sometimes i get stressed out when i get stuck on a game a good book usually calms me down...

mew42003
December 31st, 2004, 09:29 AM
mew42003+Video Games=Better than Reading.

Jess
December 31st, 2004, 09:36 AM
I like to read more than I like to play video games :)

Kelsey
December 31st, 2004, 10:58 AM
Meep! o.o This one's hard for me, both things are awsome. I adore reading fictional novels like Watership Down, The Last Unicorn, and the Hobbit. But then I am a total game freak too. o____o Hmmmmmmm...well, then. I guess I like video games with a lot of words in them. !!! Like the Pokemon games! XD I can read and play games at the same time! W00tness! XP

~Kelsey

Fishy
December 31st, 2004, 11:37 AM
Hmmm.. Ive never thought about that. I like reading more than playing video games. Some books are fun to read especially when theres some action going on.

Lil' Schu
January 2nd, 2005, 03:35 PM
So hard to choose. x.x
Video Games-Ever since Red, I've played them. You can take a video game to bed (with SP anyways :P), but unless you have book light (I don't ;-;), you can't takey book.

Books-You can imagine more things. Helps you get better grades in school. Develops learning skills (thinking about what happens nexty).

Ack...I'm going to say books.

Jeremy
January 3rd, 2005, 07:38 AM
Sweeties, do I really need to state my opinion. XD I mean EVERYBODY knows I'm gona say video games. XD

Lizzie
January 3rd, 2005, 08:32 AM
I love to read! I can see things the way i want them to look in my imagenation, verses video games look how they look XD I just like to read because it's not as frustraiting as video games, you usually have to work your way up when playing and can't go to the next part unless you've beaten or done something which usually has a twist of challenge to it, while books you can just glide through it ^^;;

Matty_Boi
January 3rd, 2005, 08:40 AM
im not gonna vote cause i love both soooo much! XD

Jade Seraphim
January 3rd, 2005, 08:42 AM
Video games. I've read most of the books I'm interested in, and games last longer and usually games last longer for me.

carrielynn
January 3rd, 2005, 11:37 AM
I love both, but I don't play video games anymore. I do read sometimes, so now I pick reading.

~Dragonair~
January 3rd, 2005, 11:57 AM
I like video games more but it depends on what game it is. Same for the books.

ASG
January 4th, 2005, 12:46 PM
u crazy?!?!?! video games! XD i hate reading so much i don't even read whats in the video game!(i got 70+ games for computer , 20+ for PS2 , 25+ for N64) XD

Triumphant Chaos
January 4th, 2005, 05:26 PM
I voted video games, because at the moment, I would rather sit down and play them then read. But it's pretty level with me. I'd do either and still enjoy myself.

100marios
January 4th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Well, it's kind of hard to decide for me. I defenitely play more video games than I read books, but that's where "quality over quantity" comes into the picture. Despite how fun a game may be, there's nothing like a good book to whisk you away with your imagination. Every so often, when I find a book capable of that, it becomes almost impossible to put down (Sometimes my mom even gets aggravated over it, and that's saying a lot, hehe). Unfortunately though, that's not all too often, and I usually have several games I'm looking forward to instead. Eh, they each have their moments, so it really depends on what I'm more interested in at that time.

Oh, and The Hobbit is one of my favorite books! It's definitely not as hard to understand as any of the books in The Lord of the Rings, though I still really like them too, hehe.

ravenstorture
January 4th, 2005, 09:13 PM
You should have made a both choice. I can't choose between either one of them. I love them both.

Burne Starcofski
January 5th, 2005, 05:42 AM
I'd say it would depend on which video game and which book. But overall, I'd say VG, since it makes me feel like I'm actually doing something and not watching a movie.