PDA

View Full Version : Which is better PS2, GC, or Xbox

Spartan_117
December 30th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Ok I was just wondering which console that most people like. I would have to say that Xbox is the best of the tree, what's your opinoin??

Crimson_Blade
December 30th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Xbox all the way. I totally agree with ya Spartan.

Scyther5
December 30th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Cube or PS2, the Xbox is eh ok. Most good games are ether a GCN exclusive or are ether on the XBox or Ps2, and PS2 has been out longer and has some better game series than the Xbox. I'll probebly get flamed for this, but In my opinion if It wasn't for the Halo series Xbox would be nothing or atleast alot less successful than it is now.

Spectrum
December 30th, 2004, 10:53 PM
The real question here is, "Which do you like better? PS2, GC, or Xbox?"

But anyway, I prefer Xbox. The graphics are amazing, and the games are really entertaining...

Spartan_117
December 30th, 2004, 10:55 PM
I agree xbox has some of the good games like halo and halo2.

Shadow
December 30th, 2004, 11:30 PM
I agree xbox has some of the good games like halo and halo2.
That's like the only good games that are X-Box exclusives, those two and Fable. Almost all other X-Box games can be gotten (with more features/better control schemes) on the other two consoles.

This kind of poll comes up once every two months, and due to the amount of Nintendo fanboys here (this is a forum for a Nintendo-only game after all XD), Gamecube always wins.

Ash_Pokemaster
December 30th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Well, basically the best from three Titan is GameCube of course, after that is PS2 and the WORST AND I MEAN IT is Xbox
Anyway Americans prefers Xbox European PS2 and Asians GameCube but the the best is sure GameCube because it has the best games (see Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, DK etc) PS2 don't have its own games but Sony and Microsoft have more money that Ninty (look Microsoft makes programms for Computer and is the richest company ever, sony makes other systems like TVs and Computers and has many money) that's why Ninty don't take games like Pro Evolution Soccer (it has ISS anyway).

Shadow
December 30th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Anyway Americans prefers Xbox
*bursts out laughing*
You're kidding right?

I know very few Americans who prefer the X-Box over PS2.

Drizzt' Do Urden
December 30th, 2004, 11:48 PM
I like x-box because of halo and halo 2 and the good graphics.

Tsukasa
December 30th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Dude the Ps2 is so much better then GC and X-Box!

Spectrum
December 31st, 2004, 12:06 AM
Actually, Light, that's your opinion. Other people might have a different opinion, so please don't burst out exclaiming that PS2 is the best. There's a fine line between opinion and fact.

Drizzt' Do Urden
December 31st, 2004, 12:33 AM
I like x-box most but i have a ps2 and a gamecube and they are still both greally good.

Star6
December 31st, 2004, 03:58 PM
I prefer the x-box becuase i find the graphics more tolreable nad the Ps2 has such long loading times unlike the x-box or gamecube. I hate loading times. I don't buy consoles any more becuase they always come out with news ones and the games are cross coamptaible so I have to buy the new to be uptodate. It is just a waste of time so I am sticking to my PC, N64, GBA, and Sega Genesis.

pokejungle
December 31st, 2004, 05:09 PM
Gamecube, for its awesome Nintendo brand exclusives + Baten Kaitos.

Kairi
December 31st, 2004, 05:10 PM
I like them all. All have great exclusives, all almost play the same otherwise, and so I don’t limit myself. ^_^

pokejungle
December 31st, 2004, 05:18 PM
I'd agree with you Kairi, if I had the $ to buy all three XD

I wish I had a PS2 for the RPG's though. GCN has a glaring weakspot.

Kairi
December 31st, 2004, 05:19 PM
Yeeah…I’m a spoiled little child.

I bought my PS2 almost exclusively for RPGs, so I can understand. They just do them better than the others.

pokejungle
December 31st, 2004, 05:21 PM
Have you bought Baten Kaitos yet? To me, it beats a lot of the ones that are available for the PS2. At least we don't get a bunch of lack-luster ones.

Kairi
December 31st, 2004, 05:22 PM
Haven’t had the time. One of my favorite GCN titles has to be Tales of Symphonia, though. It is being re released on the PS2, however. @_@;

Shinin
December 31st, 2004, 06:24 PM
I prefer the 'cube. It has better games.

pokejungle
December 31st, 2004, 06:27 PM
Stupid Namco. None of the exclusive games seem to stick to GCN >>; *coughRE4cough*

Pokemon Master #1
December 31st, 2004, 07:21 PM
The Gamecube is the best of them all.Though some of there exclusives get re-made on a different system (Yeah you all know what i'm talking about Viewtiful Joe,Tales Of Symphonia,Resident Evil 4 all being put on to the PS2).What's up with that I mean Resident Evil 4 hasn't even came out yet and it was supposed to be a Gamecube exclusive.But Gamecube is never going to die!

pokejungle
December 31st, 2004, 07:23 PM
At least GCN did better than N64. I'm just happy about that ^^;

ravenstorture
December 31st, 2004, 07:28 PM
*Hopes this doesn't turn into a flaming party.*

I say Xbox, because it is better! XD

pokejungle
December 31st, 2004, 07:33 PM
0.0;

So far, everyone's been civil, I think this thread will work out nice ^^.

The X-Box is awesome since its from Microsoft, but that doesn't beat Nintendo! XD

Kipkip
December 31st, 2004, 07:34 PM
I prefer Xbox because it has my type of games. PS2 doesn't really have much of any games that I'm interested in. Gamecube has no online play. :( If it did, the system wouldn't be dead in gamers' eyes.*Hopes this doesn't turn into a flaming party.* It's probally going to be turned into one.

Roxas
December 31st, 2004, 07:36 PM
OMG, sweeties! I cant believe this is happening! PS2 is losing! ;_; *goes to get all the PS2 fans to vote here* XD Wow...I'd never think that PS2 would be in last place. I guess all the PS2 fans are watching the news until the final countdown to new years XD Anyways, incase it wasnt obvious enough, I voted for PS2 XD

pokejungle
December 31st, 2004, 07:38 PM
Online isn't everything. GCN still has a fandom =P

WolfWood
January 1st, 2005, 12:02 AM
I would have to say The Nintendo Gamecube is my favorite system. I couldn't live without Zelda/Mario/Metroid.

Tsukasa
January 1st, 2005, 12:32 AM
Actually, Light, that's your opinion. Other people might have a different opinion, so please don't burst out exclaiming that PS2 is the best. There's a fine line between opinion and fact.

yea thats wat i meant, in my opinion, i bursted out cause i wanted my opinion to be heard! or read

Kairi
January 1st, 2005, 10:44 AM
The next gen Nintendo console needs to jump into online play, though. You can’t keep denying it’s here to stay with all the countless people playing online on the PS2 and Xbox. And it seems the PS2 is starting to get its online play up to speed, though still letting dial up play is bleh. XP

Spartan_117
January 1st, 2005, 10:48 AM
I agree x-box is way better.

Drizzt' Do Urden
January 1st, 2005, 11:43 AM
Hey sparatn 117 i agree with you, xbox is the best but i do like all the other ones equally.

Pokemon Master #1
January 1st, 2005, 04:22 PM
Gamecube fans should really start voting, because the X-BOX is one vote behind it!!!!!

Carlito-san
January 1st, 2005, 04:41 PM
GC.Can't beat classic Ninty games.

Shadow
January 1st, 2005, 04:46 PM
Gamecube fans should really start voting, because the X-BOX is one vote behind it!!!!!
Because Spartan/dragon masta 99/Drizz't is the same person and signed up several times to vote for X-Box repeatedly...

Because he knows it wont win if it doesn't cheat. ;p

WolfWood
January 1st, 2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah I really do hope that the next Gamecube system has online play it will help its sales so much more.

Roxas
January 1st, 2005, 07:30 PM
OMG, sweetie. I knew that Xbox was pretty bad, but i didnt know that is was so bad that it has to cheat XD

Spartan_117
January 2nd, 2005, 10:20 AM
X-box isn't bad. Its good.I bet you didn't play x-box.

Rubberbandman
January 2nd, 2005, 10:24 AM
I like PS2 best because it has plenty of good games and has a nicely organized controller,so I dont have to look down to look for a certain button

Spartan_117
January 2nd, 2005, 10:30 AM
PS2 is ok but i like x-box better.

Dawson
January 2nd, 2005, 10:48 AM
XBox has the greatest graphical capabilities and the best online abilities.
PS2 has the greatest 3rd party development and largest choice of games.
Gamecube has the best controller and greatest ratio of good games.

XBox has few great games
PS2 has the poorest hardware and a load of crap games.
GameCube doesn't have many, if any, great 3rd party exclusive games.

Overall, I'd say the PS2 is better because it has the wider genre range of good games but I prefer the GC because it has more great games. XBox is nothing without Halo (which is available on PC) and Fable.

Spartan_117
January 9th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Your right x-box does have the best graphics.

Shadow
January 9th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Spartan, please don't post if you can't anything to the discussion, a lot of your posts are just repeating soemthing you or someone else said earlier.

Timbjerr
January 9th, 2005, 11:26 AM
X-box isn't bad. Its good.I bet you didn't play x-box.

I've played and Xbox before at my friend's house, and I got frustrated with the awkward controller layout within five minutes. i'm sure if I owned an Xbox, I'd be able to push the buttons instinctively, but apparently, it doesn't. My friend who owned the Xbox still had to look down every three seconds to see what button he was pushing.

The Gamecube and PS2 have better controller layouts and are smoother to operate. The Xbox's controller layout is its biggest flaw.

kthxbai. ^_^

Kairi
January 9th, 2005, 11:33 AM
All controller layouts should become instinctric after playing them religiously. Your friend just sucks, apparently. I think all three controller designs are fine. The Wavebird is a beautiful thing, as are Logitech’s wireless controllers for the Xbox and PS2. Sure you could say something bad about all three controllers, but really it doesn’t say a thing about the consoles themselves.

mvtm
January 9th, 2005, 12:43 PM
I like gamecube the best , i own a platinum gamecube and like 4 games , but gc its good ,look is friendly , graphics are ok , its the cheapest and has Nintendo's Legacy.

Happy Dude
January 9th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Online isn't everything. GCN still has a fandom =Pyeah i agree.gamecube doesnt need online play.even if it did i probobly wouldnt use it.in my opinion online play is a waste of money.woops im probobly going to get bad rep for this.

Spartan_117
January 9th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Your right.Gamecube doesn't need online play.They be coping x-box.

Stevo-kun
January 9th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Well this has been done alot of times XD. My vote is with Gamecube as usual, wouldn't have it any other way.

Pokemon_Veteran

mew42003
January 9th, 2005, 04:20 PM
PS2 All the way!PS2 Is my fav.system!

Spartan_117
January 9th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Your wrong PS2 sucks X-box is so much better.You can play online and download CD's on the X-box,you can upgrade the X-box so you don't have to have the disc.

Brittany
January 9th, 2005, 05:04 PM
My choice is PS2 as usual. Games, features, etc better suit me.

Spartan_117
January 9th, 2005, 05:12 PM
PS2 sucks what are you talking about.

Stevo-kun
January 9th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Well are you trying to turn this into a fight by always saying that the PS2 sucks because if you don't stop it this will probably turn into one.

Pokemon_Veteran

Kitsune_girl
January 9th, 2005, 05:18 PM
I'd have to say PS2, I have about 30 PS2 games that I never get tired of.The controler is nice and easy to use, and they have so many differant types of games that there's something for eveyone. I like gamecube too, the games are fun and the controler has an awsome feel to it, but there just isn't enough games, or enough varity. I really dont like the X-box. Halo is awsome and I'm sure there are a few other good games, but most of the games just stink and the controler isn't nice at all.

Stevo-kun
January 9th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Im not trying to start anything here but the reason why there isn't as many games for the GC is because the PS2 has been out like 2 or more years than the GC.

Pokemon_Veteran

Spartan_117
January 9th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Ya thats right but I like X-box way better.

Brittany
January 9th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Im not trying to start anything here but the reason why there isn't as many games for the GC is because the PS2 has been out like 2 or more years than the GC.

Pokemon_Veteran
That's true, but Sony still has more 3rd party support than Nintendo.

Whether it's good or bad is up to you though. Some say that although Nintendo only has a few games, they are a few quality games. Although I disagree, I still see the point they make.

Kairi
January 9th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Spartan, people have varying opinions. To declare any contradictory to yours to suck is most unwise. Remember no one’s word is fact here, only opinion.

Spartan_117
January 9th, 2005, 07:02 PM
I don't like PS2 but its ok I like X-box.

Stevo-kun
January 10th, 2005, 08:45 AM
That's true, but Sony still has more 3rd party support than Nintendo.

Whether it's good or bad is up to you though. Some say that although Nintendo only has a few games, they are a few quality games. Although I disagree, I still see the point they make.

Well thats true and I am not going to argue. What is the point in starting a sensless arguement huh XP.

I don't like PS2 much but I do like FF abit because I love RPG's. Plus it is true that the Gamecube's games are really good. But being as I am a Nintendo fanboy I only have Ninteando cosoles. But I am not going to go any further XD.

Pokemon_Veteran

loony
January 10th, 2005, 01:23 PM
The Gamecube is the best of them all.Though some of there exclusives get re-made on a different system (Yeah you all know what i'm talking about Viewtiful Joe,Tales Of Symphonia,Resident Evil 4 all being put on to the PS2).What's up with that I mean Resident Evil 4 hasn't even came out yet and it was supposed to be a Gamecube exclusive.But Gamecube is never going to die!
add there super monkey ball to it-__-;i go for the gamecube it is the best:D

O
January 12th, 2005, 03:27 AM
Anyway Americans prefers Xbox European PS2 and Asians GameCube

All the asians I know prefer XBOX and PS2 over Gamecube. THey dont' even know Gamecube exists! I'm one of those people with a Gamecube. Its cheap, a lot more GC Exclusive games, and it's 4 Player.

Eon-Rider
January 12th, 2005, 03:31 AM
I like Game Cube cause it has pokemon games

ASG
January 12th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Gamecube has the lest amout of games , Xbox has the best graphics , but in the long run da PS2 is da best it has da graphics a larg amount of games and a controler that has buttons that r needed

Stevo-kun
January 13th, 2005, 07:20 PM

I don't believe what you sayihng about RE4 because It is an Exclusive for Nintendo. Plus this is the last RE game they are gonna be making for the Cube then they are returning to sony, I know that. So they probably would end up bringing it out at that time XD.

Pokemon_Veteran

SS4Gotenks
January 14th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Oh please Viewtiful Joe is one helluva boring game. It's like Devil May Cry move attaing and same beating up bad guys all over again.

Plus It depends on what people like to play I have all three systems hehehe!! Im rich!!

PS2 is good for RPG stuff and Dance Dance Revolution!!

XBOX is good for 1st person shooters like Halo and Fighting games like Dead Or Alive types.

Gamecube is good for multiplayer party games with your friends if you have any. Super Mario Party 6 is wat I play at sleep overs and stuff. Im almost 18 and I have sleep overs and playdates hehehe.

It's just that Gamecube sux more than the other 2 bc It cant play DVD's!!
and It cant play music CD's! RE4 is pretty good tho. I was just surprised that Nintendo got off of its cartridges tho when gc first came out.

Stevo-kun
January 14th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Oh please Viewtiful Joe is one helluva boring game. It's like Devil May Cry move attaing and same beating up bad guys all over again.

Plus It depends on what people like to play I have all three systems hehehe!! Im rich!!

XBOX is good for 1st person shooters like Halo and Fighting games like Dead Or Alive types.

Gamecube is good for multiplayer party games with your friends if you have any. Super Mario Party 6 is wat I play at sleep overs and stuff. Im almost 18 and I have sleep overs and playdates hehehe.

It's just that Gamecube sux more than the other 2 bc It cant play DVD's!!
and It cant play music CD's! RE4 is pretty good tho. I was just surprised that Nintendo got off of its cartridges tho when gc first came out.

Well the reason the GCN can't play DVDs and CDs is because it uses a mini-disc system XD. Plus it is the first thing I have seen that uses mini-discs. But I think that all discs will be like that in a few years

Pokemon_Veteran

Pogiforce-14
January 14th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Also, saying the system sucks would be considered system bashing, so please refrain from doing that in the future.

I myself am torn between the PS2 and the GC, though I show little interest in teh X-box. I enjoy both my PS2 and my GC very equally, and so it's hard for me to choose between the two.

Knuckles
January 14th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Please don't flame me here.

I was reading the whole thread,and I was thinking which was best. I would have to say the GameCube.

1. It has the best layout of bottons.

2. The reason the games for GameCube are lacking is because the size of the disc. It's mini. Meaning it smaller and it takes lower memory. I think they should offer two discs instead of one. (ASk me if you want to know what I mean)

3. Nintendo is always making new designs now,and they really showed the Cube in GameCube.

4. Connecting and being able to use your GameBoy for thing is really great.

5. Fair Graphics. Even with the carts,the graphics were always fantasic. The cds are doing good too,better than I ever thought it would be.

6. We got trust. Nintendo has always want we wanted. And that was the games. Not DVD player,or CD player. Always games!

That's what I think about the GameCube. ^^;

Pogiforce-14
January 14th, 2005, 06:19 PM
well spoken. *applause* a video game system shoudl be judged by teh game, not by the addons. :D

Triumphant Chaos
January 14th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Since all I buy is RPGs, I'm a huge PS2 fan. I don't think I could live without it. +huggles her PS2+

Pogiforce-14
January 14th, 2005, 06:27 PM
I understand that too. That is why I'm torn between PS2 and Gamecube. I love the PS2 RPGs,but I also love the GC's Classic characters and titles.

pokejungle
January 15th, 2005, 08:05 AM

DDR is coming to GCN, so there! *Just another reason to love the Gamecube!*

Stevo-kun
January 15th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Please don't flame me here.

I was reading the whole thread,and I was thinking which was best. I would have to say the GameCube.

1. It has the best layout of bottons.

2. The reason the games for GameCube are lacking is because the size of the disc. It's mini. Meaning it smaller and it takes lower memory. I think they should offer two discs instead of one. (ASk me if you want to know what I mean)

3. Nintendo is always making new designs now,and they really showed the Cube in GameCube.

4. Connecting and being able to use your GameBoy for thing is really great.

5. Fair Graphics. Even with the carts,the graphics were always fantasic. The cds are doing good too,better than I ever thought it would be.

6. We got trust. Nintendo has always want we wanted. And that was the games. Not DVD player,or CD player. Always games!

That's what I think about the GameCube. ^^;

Yeah like Pogi said XD. Well spoken *claps* and it is true, I don't really like the whole DVD playing feature on game systems that is why I only have a GCN. Plus the connectebility is great and you shouldn't really be bashing the consoles Gotenks, it is against the rules as everyone knows. PLus the sole purpose of games consoles is games like you knwo and that is why Knuckles makes a good point. Plus I don't think that the discs have that much less space on them but ohwell XD

Pokemon_Veteran

Skater Punk
January 16th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Ps2 ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!! DUDE YOU ARE SOO DUMB TO THINK xbox rules after a few years it breaks down!

Kairi
January 16th, 2005, 11:29 AM
IMO all the consoles are the same thing, with a few changes and underutilized features. No one has done the GBA link right (Pokmon Collosseum is shallow compared to stadium) so the GCN = Xbox = PS2. The only difference is the games available on them. At least to the average consumer, who isn’t concerned with modding and such. That said, the PS2 and the Xbox do have a lot of big titles, but Nintendo seems to have a backing too.

Frost
January 16th, 2005, 11:36 AM
PS2 is THE BEST GAME SYSTEM Period
easiest to handle (because same controllers as PSX)
best graphics
Best known
Dependable
Just all-around awesome

Stevo-kun
January 16th, 2005, 11:47 AM
PS2 is THE BEST GAME SYSTEM Period
easiest to handle (because same controllers as PSX)
best graphics
Best known
Dependable
Just all-around awesome

Well that is you oppinion but I think GCN has the best graphics. But afterall I am a Nintendo fanboy XD. Plus I respect what you think of your fave console ^^

Ps2 ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!! DUDE YOU ARE SOO DUMB TO THINK xbox rules after a few years it breaks down!

Whoever it is you are bashing aqua, it is against the rules so DON'T DO IT period. Because everyone has they're own oppinion just like you and me so there was no need for that at all.

Pokemon_Veteran

Trent
January 16th, 2005, 11:47 AM
I'd say XBox is the best

*Points to Halo 2*

Naruto-Kun
January 16th, 2005, 12:16 PM
My vote has to go to the GC i am a huge fan of nintendos, and the GC is just the greatest consol im my veiw ^_^

BigBoss
January 16th, 2005, 04:52 PM
I say PS2 is the best, GCN being a close runnerup, Xbox I really think it only has 3 good games. It would be nowhere where it is now if it werent for the Halo games and Fable. PS2 has San Andreas, MGS 3, the good FF games, a much better controller, and much more. GCN has what we know and love - the Nintendo games! Whoever said said Americans prefer Xbox, that is not true first of all, second you uare being racist. As for the people who say GCN has the best controller, what are you thinking? the PS2's contoller has always been the best, and you know it.

pokejungle
January 16th, 2005, 05:04 PM
I'd be inclined to place XBox in second, but, as you said DL, it has a lack of good games besides the obvious ones.

I like RPG's anyway, so PS2 is in second for me.