PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who: The Whoniverse

The Author
October 31st, 2011, 05:55 PM
DOCTOR WHO
http://seriable.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/docwho_impossible_astronaut_review.jpeg

Welcome to the Whoniverse

Hello, and welcome to PC's Doctor Who fan club!

RULES:
•ALL PC RULES APPLY
•STAY ON TOPIC.

•NO TROLLING.

MEMBERS:
The Author
Kura
Scarf
Ineffable~
Banjora Marxville
TheSmartOne
Archer
Deadrocks
Lozz
PhantomX0990
~Kawaii~
Delcatty123
Soi
EternallyAnna

QUESTIONS:
WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE INCARNATION OF THE DOCTOR (1st - 11th)?

WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST EPISODE OF DOCTOR WHO?
WHICH CHARACTER WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE MAKE A REAPPEARANCE?
WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE COMPANION?
DO YOU SEE IT AS SCIENTIFICALLY POSSIBLE TO CREATE A TARDIS?
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL?
DO YOU SEE A FEMALE DOCTOR IN THE FUTURE?
IN YOUR OPINION, WILL THE DOCTOR EVER BE GINGER?

Any Whovian may join‼ :D

Kura
November 1st, 2011, 09:22 AM
Oh I'd like to join, please! I got really into Dr. Who last year and watched all of the 2005+ seasons <33

The Author
November 1st, 2011, 09:29 AM
Oh I'd like to join, please! I got really into Dr. Who last year and watched all of the 2005+ seasons <33
Well then, WELCOME ABOARD! :D

Aren't you surprised this isn't already a club?

Kura
November 1st, 2011, 09:51 AM
Actually yes! Dr. Who is like.. timeless and so popular!

Who is your favourite Doctor? Mine's the latest one, Matt Smith. He was the first Doctor I watched actually :3

Esper
November 1st, 2011, 10:11 AM
Hey, another club I can join and forget to post in. I mean, hey! a Doctor Who club. Woohoo.

My favorite Doctor. Gosh, that's always a tough question. Probably Jon Pertwee (#3) since he was quite the dapper Doctor with his maroon crushed velvet smoking jacket.

Ineffable~
November 1st, 2011, 10:20 AM
I shall join teh club.

The classic question. :3 My favourite doctor from what I've seen in the actual show is David Tennant (#10) because he's funny, charming, attractive, resourceful, and just the right balance between friendly and distant. I feel many of the other Doctors from what I've seen either are so smart and so distracted by their own stuff that they don't really develop close relationships and seem completely uninterested in their respective travelling companions, whereas Matt Smith seems just a little too accessible. Anything that is mysterious about him is really just silly stuff, not real mystery. David Tennant is the middle ground. :) (I guess the Ninth is kind of like that too, but eh I already said David Tennant just deal with it. :P)

However my favourite Doctor that I've barely seen anything of is the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker). He seems really fun and loony and great to go on an adventure with, but I have only seen like three of his episodes so I don't know him very well.

Banjora Marxvile
November 1st, 2011, 10:27 AM
Pwetty pwease, may I join?

And to answer the current question, I think my answer is semi-obvious. I love the 9th Doctor as Christopher Eccleston was the first one I saw ever, and his acting was brilliant, and if he hadn't done such a good job, maybe the new series wouldn't have reached as high a popularity as they do have. Maybe though, David Tennant was great too. Jon Pertwee and William Hartnell are joint close 2nd to me though, dunno why, they just fit the eccentric nature of this wisened figure.

The Author
November 1st, 2011, 10:39 AM
Actually yes! Dr. Who is like.. timeless and so popular!

Who is your favourite Doctor? Mine's the latest one, Matt Smith. He was the first Doctor I watched actually :3
I personally liked the Tenth (David Tennant). He was the perfect balance personality-wise. :)
Hey, another club I can join and forget to post in. I mean, hey! a Doctor Who club. Woohoo.

My favorite Doctor. Gosh, that's always a tough question. Probably Jon Pertwee (#3) since he was quite the dapper Doctor with his maroon crushed velvet smoking jacket.
The Third was awesome! xD I have to agree with you on that one. ;)

And to answer the current question, I think my answer is semi-obvious. I love the 9th Doctor as Christopher Eccleston was the first one I saw ever, and his acting was brilliant, and if he hadn't done such a good job, maybe the new series wouldn't have reached as high a popularity as they do have. Maybe though, David Tennant was great too. Jon Pertwee and William Hartnell are joint close 2nd to me though, dunno why, they just fit the eccentric nature of this wisened figure.
Yes, you may join. ;)
Yes, as you said, Christopher Eccleston did do a good job at paving the way for his successors. :)

Ineffable~
November 1st, 2011, 06:21 PM
I think it would be nice if we could get lots and lots of questions floating around here. :3

What is the first Doctor Who story you ever saw? Did you like it? Do you feel it did the rest of the show justice? Why or why not?

lCZhlEdGIm0

Welcome to the Whoniverse!

The Author
November 2nd, 2011, 08:23 AM
It's kinda funny. I came up with this idea for a Zelda story called The End of Time a year or two before the Doctor Who episode The End of Time was shown. I should've wrote it down for copyright purposes just in case I ever work for Nintendo! :P

Aquacorde
November 2nd, 2011, 05:21 PM
Haaayyy, I was thinking of making this like last week lol. There was one a while ago but I hadn't caught up on NuWho back then. Sign me up bro.

My favourite incarnation of the Doctor is probably Eleven (even though I said I'd never play favourites with them, I've gotten quite attached). I haven't seen much of Classic Who yet though so I can't quite judge overall. :P Currently watching Pertwee episodes and they are fantastic, must admit. <33

My first story was "Rose", since I started with the 2005 reboot and watched in order from there. I quite liked it; I feel it was quite a good intro to the show in general. It's certainly not the best episode I have seen, but for introductory purposes especially it was great.

By the way, has anyone else been walking 500 miles as of late? ~

Esper
November 3rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
My first exposure to DW was probably "Rose" but I have this nagging feeling that someone showed me something from David Tennant's first season before that and that I just wasn't paying attention at the time. I dunno if I thought it was a great episode or just a hook for following episodes I thought were pretty great since I marathon'd through the whole season and don't really remember what happened in that episode much.

Banjora Marxvile
November 3rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
My first actual one that I watched through was Aliens of London, I'll admit. I then caught up by watching Rose and then the other 2 (I forgot their names), and I've loved it all ever since, and I've watched some classic ones (I looooove Omega from the Three Doctors, a Pertwee episode... He could be my next theme...)

Anyway...
It's kinda funny. I came up with this idea for a Zelda story called The End of Time a year or two before the Doctor Who episode The End of Time was shown. I should've wrote it down for copyright purposes just in case I ever work for Nintendo! :P

It's just a name, I could sue many people for calling their cats Izzy, cos mine is too! :P

Esper
November 7th, 2011, 05:53 PM
My first actual one that I watched through was Aliens of London, I'll admit. I then caught up by watching Rose and then the other 2 (I forgot their names), and I've loved it all ever since, and I've watched some classic ones (I looooove Omega from the Three Doctors, a Pertwee episode... He could be my next theme...)

Anyway...
It's just a name, I could sue many people for calling their cats Izzy, cos mine is too! :P

O-MEHG-ha, or Oh-mee-gah, or Or H'omegah? Goodness, what a fun episode that was. They couldn't pronounce his name twice in a row the same way. Shame that Hartnell couldn't really be in that episode more since he was already sort of too sick to act at that point.

Hm, so maybe a question could bring some activity to this place.

Who would you like to see as the next Doctor after Matt Smith?

Banjora Marxvile
November 9th, 2011, 11:15 AM
O-MEHG-ha, or Oh-mee-gah, or Or H'omegah? Goodness, what a fun episode that was. They couldn't pronounce his name twice in a row the same way. Shame that Hartnell couldn't really be in that episode more since he was already sort of too sick to act at that point.

It was a pity, but it was somethng to have him in the episode at all. One of the rumors behind the idea of the Doctor regenerating was that Hartnell knew that the series was so popular, and so wanted it to continue when he got too frail to carry on acting, and so suggested the idea, though it hasn't really been proven true.

And as for the next Doctor, me I dunno actually. I'd like another sorta darker Doctor like Christopher Eccleston or David Tennant was, or maybe someone brilliant in line with Jon Pertwee or Hartnell. I'd like a return to an older Doctor who seems like a grandfather (or father) figure, but it may never happen. Dunno why, but I can't imagine anyone specific at the moment.

The Author
November 11th, 2011, 08:44 PM

Hmmmmm....
What if Charlie McDonnell was the 12th?

Aquacorde
November 11th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I saw that theory 'round tumblr at one point. Would be interesting, surely, but I think he'd rather write or direct for Doctor Who than play the Doctor. He does have some acting experience though iirc, could be interesting... ahaha I would like to see him do it actually! But I don't think it would happen.

tbqh I don't know enough actors to have any input on this topic. .__.

Archer
November 11th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I personally liked the Tenth (David Tennant). He was the perfect balance personality-wise. :)

Tennant a balanced personality? I always got the impression he was borderline psychotic. :cer_laugh:

9th - Eccleston. He always seemed to be more of a guiding figure than someone who managed to fluke a solution in the nick of time. He just gave a better representation of the Doctor's Time Lord-ness. Flicking through the book and reading it in a split second in Rose's apartment in the first episode is the first thing that comes to mind. "I love happy endings." :D
What was the first episode you have ever watched?
I watched a lot of the classic stuff, but I was younger and don't remember anything specific. I started watching it religiously since the first episode of the revival (9th).

EDIT: Add me, please. :cer_nod:

The Author
November 12th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Oh, look at me! Failure at updates! Suddenly real life came up and you can find me on the Leave/Absence thread. :P That's okay, 'cos I'm still around! :D (kinda ;)) Anyway, I will now add all of you to the list and start the (as promised) userbar/banner contest!

USERBAR/BANNER CONTEST RULES:
-Must be Who related

That's it for rules. Userbars are usually 350x20 and use the font Visitor which is easy to find. Just make sure that your userbar is absolutely FANTASTIC and it will be accepted.

Entries end once 2012 begins. Voting will be January 1-31 2012. Good luck! ;)

Nuke
November 12th, 2011, 05:45 AM
I'll join. I'm not completely obssessed but I've probably seen most episodes since the 2005 reboot. (I think I've missed a few from the most recent series because it was awful and a couple of the specials David Tennant had in that year were there wasn't a series)

I was expecting to be flamed for thinking Christopher Ecclestone was the best but he seems pretty popular here. Still saddens me that he only had one series.

Aquacorde
November 12th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Banner entry~ Not the most original idea really but w/e. Forced me to learn how to do certain things on GIMP anyway~

http://eternalbanners.webs.com/dontblink.gif

Deadrocks
November 14th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Me. I would like to join!! :D

Aquacorde
November 15th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Oh guys have you heard of David Yates' Doctor Who Movie plans? [x (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118046098)] I quite liked Moffat's reaction. [x (http://twitter.com/#!/steven_moffat/status/136473335147139072)]

Deadrocks
November 15th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I don't understand Moffat's reaction... >.< I did hear about it yes. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Aquacorde
November 15th, 2011, 06:07 PM
He's basically saying that Yates' vision is comparable to that in stupidity. What Yates wants to do is disregard all of NuWho and do his own thing on the big screen. That's just rude, obnoxious and imo a terrible idea. I mean if we were gonna get a movie, I think Time War would be best. I was thinking Prydon Academy originally but that would be better as a spinoff TV series.

Deadrocks
November 15th, 2011, 06:39 PM
I see. So Yates doesn't even want to be associated with the current series? That IS rude. lol What generation did the Time War happen? I recall in the early series the Timelords still were around.

Aquacorde
November 15th, 2011, 06:59 PM
The Time War was basically what was used to wipe the slate clean between Classic and NuWho. It happened at some point after the 1996 TV Movie, probably just before "Rose", since Nine apparently hadn't seen his current regeneration yet. This is assuming Eight died in the Time War, though, and managed to get away before regenerating. However it still doesn't make a ton of sense because Nine is pretty cool & collected by the time of "Rose" but apparently hadn't had time to look in a mirror? idk

Esper
November 16th, 2011, 08:09 AM
The Time War was basically what was used to wipe the slate clean between Classic and NuWho. It happened at some point after the 1996 TV Movie, probably just before "Rose", since Nine apparently hadn't seen his current regeneration yet. This is assuming Eight died in the Time War, though, and managed to get away before regenerating. However it still doesn't make a ton of sense because Nine is pretty cool & collected by the time of "Rose" but apparently hadn't had time to look in a mirror? idk
The Doctor not checking his appearance in a mirror for a long time doesn't make any sense... which is why it makes perfect sense for the Doctor.

I'm excited by the idea of a movie, even if it's just an idea right now. A movie series would be even more fantastic.

Deadrocks
November 16th, 2011, 08:53 AM
The Doctor not checking his appearance in a mirror for a long time doesn't make any sense... which is why it makes perfect sense for the Doctor.

I'm excited by the idea of a movie, even if it's just an idea right now. A movie series would be even more fantastic.

I suppose that's true. He is always a bit distracted.

If it was a movie of the current series, or even used the same writers and stuff that would be cool. lol

Esper
November 23rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
Some people are suggesting Chiwetel Ejiofor for the Doctor for the not-yet-even-proposed new DW movie. I would be down with this. That guy is a fabulous actor.

Anyway, question time?

Which characters from past Doctor Who episodes do you want to see making a return?

Like, old companions, old enemies, or even old incarnations of the Doctor. I for one would not mind seeing David Tennant make a guest appearance in some fashion.

Deadrocks
November 23rd, 2011, 08:43 PM
Anyway, question time?

Which characters from past Doctor Who episodes do you want to see making a return?

Like, old companions, old enemies, or even old incarnations of the Doctor. I for one would not mind seeing David Tennant make a guest appearance in some fashion.

If they could do another episode where a few of the Doctor's could return to one time point, I would be down to see the latest three Doctor's together.

The Author
November 25th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Banner entry~ Not the most original idea really but w/e. Forced me to learn how to do certain things on GIMP anyway~

http://eternalbanners.webs.com/dontblink.gif
I love it! :) GIMP is useful, is it not? So far it looks like yours is the best but it also looks like you don't have much competition. Does anyone else have any entries they would like to share? :)

Aquacorde
November 27th, 2011, 06:11 PM

Ooh, let's get Madame Vastra & Jenny back. And the Doctor's daughter Jenny. And the Master. And Stormy as an adolescent.

I love it! :) GIMP is useful, is it not?
Thank you. ^_^ It very much is~

The Author
December 7th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Have we died? Let's hear some speaking! :P

Aquacorde
December 7th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I would have but I was the last person to post so-o...

I've been falling into Classic Who lately. :> Watching Pertwee at the moment but I ordered Troughton-era DVDs last week and they got shipped yesterday so yayyy. And I've been collecting all kinds of Who shirts. Today saw the arrival of my TARDIS Jack shirt & Doctor's Eleven hoodie which is all kinds of comfortable. <3 Pics here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6957276&postcount=316).

Lozz
December 8th, 2011, 04:11 AM
I am also a DW fan... but a very recent one!
The first episode I ever watched was The Eleventh Hour, because my friends told me season 5 was a great place to start for people that had never watched before. True facts apparently, as I was hooked pretty quickly.

My favourite doctor is probably 10 - I really enjoy David Tenant. I would've said 9 - but I was a bit turned off Ecclestone when I found out he didn't even like DW haha.

LOL about David Yates and the movie... people are getting so wound up about what a travesty it is going to be... but if it's going to be completely unrelated to the tv series, I doubt it can be that devastating.

Something that hasn't been asked yet - who is your favourite companion?
I'd have to say Martha or Amy.
Martha - because she is pretty much the only companion who didn't not have a life before The Doctor. She's a doctor and is badass.
and Amy because she has such great chemistry with Matt Smith - and shes like the only companion who seems more of an equal to the Doctor. And she has Rory. Who I love.

The Author
December 8th, 2011, 07:21 AM
I would have but I was the last person to post so-o...

I've been falling into Classic Who lately. :> Watching Pertwee at the moment but I ordered Troughton-era DVDs last week and they got shipped yesterday so yayyy. And I've been collecting all kinds of Who shirts. Today saw the arrival of my TARDIS Jack shirt & Doctor's Eleven hoodie which is all kinds of comfortable. <3 Pics here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6957276&postcount=316).
Doctor's Eleven! haha I love it! xD
I am also a DW fan... but a very recent one!
The first episode I ever watched was The Eleventh Hour, because my friends told me season 5 was a great place to start for people that had never watched before. True facts apparently, as I was hooked pretty quickly.

My favourite doctor is probably 10 - I really enjoy David Tenant. I would've said 9 - but I was a bit turned off Ecclestone when I found out he didn't even like DW haha.

LOL about David Yates and the movie... people are getting so wound up about what a travesty it is going to be... but if it's going to be completely unrelated to the tv series, I doubt it can be that devastating.

Something that hasn't been asked yet - who is your favourite companion?
I'd have to say Martha or Amy.
Martha - because she is pretty much the only companion who didn't not have a life before The Doctor. She's a doctor and is badass.
and Amy because she has such great chemistry with Matt Smith - and shes like the only companion who seems more of an equal to the Doctor. And she has Rory. Who I love.
That's a good question. :/ I should add it.

Aquacorde
December 8th, 2011, 10:42 AM
The thing about that, though, is that the intention was to use a different Doctor and a different companion and ignore the NuWho continuity. It would ignore NuWho's established canon and just kind of do its own thing. It's not just unrelated to the TV series- it's ignoring quite a bit of it. If that much of it is ignored... well... it's not really Doctor Who.
Also it's not gonna happen so eh.

Favourite companion? Well, usually whoever I'm watching at the time. Same as how "my Doctor" works for me. So at the moment, my Doctor is Jon Pertwee and my companion is Jo Grant/Liz Shaw (though Liz just left ;;). But I will always hold a special fondness for Eleven, Nine, and Donna.

And I'm just going to offer correction on the Eccleston story (http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2011/jul/21/doctor-who-christopher-eccleston)- he left because he didn't like the atmosphere of the working environment and didn't get along with the higher-ups. However, he does like Doctor Who and is proud to have played the Doctor.

Phantom
December 9th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Ha, huge Whovian here. Did I join this? I think joined this, if not, then I just did.

Anyone hear about RTD? He's stopping his career to take care of his partner.

Aquacorde
December 9th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I heard about that. That's absolutely terrible- the brain cancer, not the quitting. I mean... my stepgrandma died of brain cancer and it devastated my grandpa and my uncle. So I kind of know a bit of that awfulness. RTD's got his priorities straight, I think.

Phantom
December 9th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Totally agreed on that one. Though it does make me worry about Torchwood.

Aquacorde
December 9th, 2011, 10:11 PM
~Torchwood spoilers ahoy~

I'm not worried about Torchwood. Torchwood is done. It should have ended with CoE, because after that... there was no Torchwood. I mean, what was the real purpose of Torchwood Three? Rift maintenance. Keeping Cardiff clean of extraterrestrial debris. Torchwood Three was basically full of really cool janitors. The division of the organization went something like:

One: Defense of Earth, Extraterrestrial Research
Two: Paperwork
Three: Cleanup and Cataloging
Four: Highly Experimental (probably; afaik it vanished)

What I'm trying to say is that Earth Defense wasn't really Three's job. They didn't have the tech, manpower, resources, anything. Especially after CoE. The only reason they kept on for CoE was Jack's personal involvement and the fact that the remaining team members were being hunted down for assassination. The Hub was gone, their normal job was gone, everything was going to hell. Then certain people died, Jack ran away, and it was actually a very tidy ending.

But then suddenly he's back on Earth for Miracle Day (which honestly I watched like 5 1/2 eps of and couldn't force myself to watch more) and Torchwood Gwen and Jack are off to save the world from nastiness, which has something to do with a former lover of Jack's and insane plots. Aliens? What aliens? Just humans and guns and economic devastation. Tbh it was boring and sickening and... didn't feel like Torchwood. Not much could top CoE, sure, but it could have been so much better than that. Besides, the continuity is so screwed up with DW continuity now. Best explanation is definitely parallel universe (Trousers of Time version).

....Anyway. Main point. Torchwood is gone. All that's left is possibly Four- One was destroyed in the Battle of Canary Wharf of course. Two was disbanded prior to CoE and Three was done in CoE. There's really not much left to work with.

I don't want to see any more Torchwood. Rambling rant over.

Phantom
December 10th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Well,

I am a huge Torchwood fan. Miracle Day felt rushed (even though it was longer than CoE), and it didn't live up to the hype. But I wish to learn more about Jack, I understand what you said about Torchwood 3, but still, it leaves a lot left like what is going to happen with Rex?

It doesn't mean that Torchwood can't be recreated. Torchwood 5? Just because their original mission is dead doesn't mean that they are useless or should leave, in truth Earth would be screwed without them.

I see Torchwood as insurance for when the Doctor isn't there, at least that's what they've become. I don't think it as them overstepping their bounds, but evolving into something more, something that encompasses the entire planet rather than just the U.K. That was what CoE was about; the team looking global and dealing with an event that would deal with the planet rather than just Cardiff or the U.K.. Miracle Day was that moving even further, but I feel it wasn't done right; maybe just too quickly, that's the problem with these short series'. That's what the Doctor would want Torchwood to be, not a selfish way to move their own country closer to power, but to keep the world safe and think of humankind as a species and a planet, rather than race and country.

If anything I think this Who movie shouldn't be Doctor Who, but rather Torchwood. Torchwood is more adult oriented, plus it might give a reason to end Torchwood with a bang. Sad thing is Torchwood just doesn't have the following Who does and it would most likely die at the box office.

Plus if you don't want to see any more Torchwood, then don't watch it. Problem solved. :P

Aquacorde
December 10th, 2011, 03:09 PM
I still am a huge Torchwood fan. But I really, really dislike MD. It was too drawn-out with too much random violence and hanging plot threads. It simply was not executed well. Especially with the problem of Rex. The best shows really have most everything tied up by the end of the season, and if you leave things hanging like that it's actually not that promising. Viewers like a resolution, not more twisted complications. [side note: this is why PotC2 was the worst of its series.]
Really, if Jack is to be further explored, I think bringing him back to DW as a semi-frequent companion would be best. Maybe getting about the same amount of screentime River did the last few seasons.

The thing is, Torchwood can't be recreated. There is a reason One was never rebuilt, Two closed down, Four was never found. Besides that, they used to get funding and everything directly from the heads of the British government. If they're gallivanting off in America, how are they gonna be funded? If they're not funded, how are they going to have the equipment necessary to take on worldwide attacks and such? And how are they going to get to London fast enough when aliens inevitably strike there?
Honestly, the only way I see Torchwood continuing is if Three's surviving members find Four and join up with them or something.

Insurance for when the Doctor isn't there, sure. But he's got a phone [though he seems to rarely answer] and pops back and forth often enough that he's hear about some huge event. That's why MD makes no sense- would Martha have not called the Doctor? Would the Doctor have not notice something amiss? He's been back a crap-ton of times with Amy and Rory supposedly during the events of MD. [ooh new idea MD happened in the aborted timeline of series 5's finale]
Torchwood's not overstepping their bounds, no, but they're overstepping their abilities. They haven't got the resources- no you know what I've said it already. The Doctor's wishes are all well and good [and are more along the lines of "humans should start developing planetary shields and practicing communications with extraterrestrials"], but they really can not conceivably take this on themselves. They're only humans and semi-immortals. They haven't got a TARDIS or insane knowledge of the universe's intricate workings. They barely saved the world in the last few seasons and even then lost a hell of a lot of people. And the thing is, both times it wasn't even an exciting and brilliant resolution- it was hell. It was terrifying. It was depressing. And it worked once, really well, but you can't keep doing that kind of thing over and over for your conclusions. People don't watch to be sad and horrified- they want at least a decent end to the emotional turmoil.

Honestly MD would have worked best as a movie if anything. It was stretched too thin for ten episodes. Two and a half hours would have been perfect.

Plus if you don't want to see any more Torchwood, then don't watch it. Problem solved. :P
This, I don't ever tolerate anyone saying, especially when you know perfectly well what I mean. I mean I don't want to see another disappointment attached to Torchwood. I don't want it to exist, because when that kind of thing happens people start forgetting about the brilliance that came before it. It'll be like Brett Favre's career.

In other news, I'm learning how to knit so I can make Four's scarf. Yes that is the only reason.

The Author
December 10th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I still am a huge Torchwood fan. But I really, really dislike MD. It was too drawn-out with too much random violence and hanging plot threads. It simply was not executed well. Especially with the problem of Rex. The best shows really have most everything tied up by the end of the season, and if you leave things hanging like that it's actually not that promising. Viewers like a resolution, not more twisted complications. [side note: this is why PotC2 was the worst of its series.]
Really, if Jack is to be further explored, I think bringing him back to DW as a semi-frequent companion would be best. Maybe getting about the same amount of screentime River did the last few seasons.

The thing is, Torchwood can't be recreated. There is a reason One was never rebuilt, Two closed down, Four was never found. Besides that, they used to get funding and everything directly from the heads of the British government. If they're gallivanting off in America, how are they gonna be funded? If they're not funded, how are they going to have the equipment necessary to take on worldwide attacks and such? And how are they going to get to London fast enough when aliens inevitably strike there?
Honestly, the only way I see Torchwood continuing is if Three's surviving members find Four and join up with them or something.

Insurance for when the Doctor isn't there, sure. But he's got a phone [though he seems to rarely answer] and pops back and forth often enough that he's hear about some huge event. That's why MD makes no sense- would Martha have not called the Doctor? Would the Doctor have not notice something amiss? He's been back a crap-ton of times with Amy and Rory supposedly during the events of MD. [ooh new idea MD happened in the aborted timeline of series 5's finale]
Torchwood's not overstepping their bounds, no, but they're overstepping their abilities. They haven't got the resources- no you know what I've said it already. The Doctor's wishes are all well and good [and are more along the lines of "humans should start developing planetary shields and practicing communications with extraterrestrials"], but they really can not conceivably take this on themselves. They're only humans and semi-immortals. They haven't got a TARDIS or insane knowledge of the universe's intricate workings. They barely saved the world in the last few seasons and even then lost a hell of a lot of people. And the thing is, both times it wasn't even an exciting and brilliant resolution- it was hell. It was terrifying. It was depressing. And it worked once, really well, but you can't keep doing that kind of thing over and over for your conclusions. People don't watch to be sad and horrified- they want at least a decent end to the emotional turmoil.

Honestly MD would have worked best as a movie if anything. It was stretched too thin for ten episodes. Two and a half hours would have been perfect.

This, I don't ever tolerate anyone saying, especially when you know perfectly well what I mean. I mean I don't want to see another disappointment attached to Torchwood. I don't want it to exist, because when that kind of thing happens people start forgetting about the brilliance that came before it. It'll be like Brett Favre's career.

In other news, I'm learning how to knit so I can make Four's scarf. Yes that is the only reason.
That's a legitimate reason to learn to knit in my opinion! :D
I used to know....

Phantom
December 10th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I didn't mean to offend you! I was joking? I thought the smilie let you know that

Aquacorde
December 10th, 2011, 03:36 PM
That's a legitimate reason to learn to knit in my opinion! :D
I used to know....
My grandma tried to teach me when I was little but I get so frustrated with it. ;; how am i ever going to accomplish things

[spoiler] I didn't mean to offend you! I was joking? I thought the smilie let you know that
Sorry, I've had so many people say that kind of thing to me when I am presenting a legit and well thought out though heavily opinionated argument. It's generally just a dismissal of that, which really is quite irritating. So I kind of get up-in-arms about it. ^^;

Phantom
December 10th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I don't like arguing, this isn't a debate thread... well not officially. :P

Sorry, I have aspergers and I really try to go out of the way to be understood, hence the smilies.

Anyways I like Torchwood, it's not Shakespeare, but it's still a fun watch if you ignore the little things. But I agree about the Jack coming back to Who thing...

Oh and ignore me, I'm just the American uber Whovian trying to make it in a British Whovian world. :P

EDIT: Also I make Who fanvids, if anyone is interested. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6961056#post6961056)

Only two so far, but I'm working on it.

Aquacorde
December 10th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I don't like arguing, this isn't a debate thread... well not officially. :P

Sorry, I have aspergers and I really try to go out of the way to be understood, hence the smilies.

Anyways I like Torchwood, it's not Shakespeare, but it's still a fun watch if you ignore the little things. But I agree about the Jack coming back to Who thing...

Oh and ignore me, I'm just the American uber Whovian trying to make it in a British Whovian world. :P
Point one! Perhaps "argument" has too many negative connotations to be the word I needed. I like debate though. :>

Point 2! So do I. :P Don't be sorry. I think of it as a blessing-ish sorta thing. We're smart enough to understand why and how we don't quite fit in, and therefore know what we have to do to adapt.

Point 3! Yus indeed. Though I feel like the little things have been getting a bit bigger. >__> Not some twisted euphemism jsyk.

Point 4! Look, another similarity! Minnesotan here.

/wanders off to watch the videos

Phantom
December 10th, 2011, 04:04 PM
1) Totally, though debate threads tend to turn into argument threads and then things get awkward.

2) True, true, though mine is so mild most people don't notice until they spend a lot of time with me.

3) Haha, Amy and Jack may be... interesting to say the least... I think Rory might want to cause Jack pain, though not like that'd hurt Jack at all.

4) O_o who are you and why are you stalking meeeee? jk. Wow, well, I don't live in Minneapolis anymore, I'm out in New Hope. Still, cool, Minnesotans are hard to find on the net for some reason. BTW WHEN DID IT GET COLD? Cold can go away now, at least until I get a new jacket!

Aquacorde
December 10th, 2011, 04:11 PM
1) Totally, though debate threads tend to turn into argument threads and then things get awkward.

2) True, true, though mine is so mild most people don't notice until they spend a lot of time with me.

3) Haha, Amy and Jack may be... interesting to say the least... I think Rory might want to cause Jack pain, though not like that'd hurt Jack at all.

4) O_o who are you and why are you stalking meeeee? jk. Wow, well, I don't live in Minneapolis anymore, I'm out in New Hope. Still, cool, Minnesotans are hard to find on the net for some reason. BTW WHEN DID IT GET COLD? Cold can go away now, at least until I get a new jacket!

1) This is true and such is the reason I avoid Other Chat. and because I have no idea about politics

2) Same here tbh. Most people are just like "orly" when they find out I have it.

3) Flirtation damnation. idk it rhymes I dunno about that though; Rory's not really one to hurt people. He'd just glare and be awkward and snarky I think.

4) I'm based in Saint Paul still. :P And yeah I know! I don't see many around, just people from Cali and Florida mainly. >__> Who don't have to deal with cold. It's way too cold. Ugh. I'd be happy with a bit of snow for like two weeks and then it can go back to being spring.

Phantom
December 10th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Good to know other people exist in MN and everyone isn't a figment of my imagination, haha.

So, Christmas special? Excited.

Aquacorde
December 10th, 2011, 04:21 PM
xD

Yes, very excited! I saw some people lamenting that it was just another retelling of a story, but honestly I think it's fun the way they do that. And Narnia of course. <3

countryemo
December 10th, 2011, 05:05 PM
..Im not gonna join yet because i just gave it a try. S1 E3.
But great show, got a new fan.

Lozz
December 11th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Have any of you guys seen Sherlock? The BBC series? S. Moffat is responsible for a lot of it - very good!

Aquacorde
December 12th, 2011, 07:27 AM
..Im not gonna join yet because i just gave it a try. S1 E3.
But great show, got a new fan.
Awesome! We'll make an attempt not to spoil too much for you. :>

Have any of you guys seen Sherlock? The BBC series? S. Moffat is responsible for a lot of it - very good!
I've heard SO MUCH about it. I keep intending to watch but... Classic Who is priority until someone sits me down in front of Sherlock.

countryemo
December 12th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Awesome! We'll make an attempt not to spoil too much for you. :>

Haha its ok, spoilers dont effect me too much, like seeing something that happens later, sure it ruins the surprise or so on, but it also makes me want to keep watching to see it.

I havent seen any sherlock, the show or movies. :x.

Aquacorde
December 12th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Haha its ok, spoilers dont effect me too much, like seeing something that happens later, sure it ruins the surprise or so on, but it also makes me want to keep watching to see it.
Finally, someone who sees it like I do! half of my not caring about spoilers comes from not remembering them anyway though

Guys you have to stop me I just bought a whole bunch of DVDs. The Three Doctors, The Invasion, The Seeds of Death and The Mind Robber. I don't have this kind of moneyyyyy. Also my Lost in Time- Troughton Era DVDs came in the mail today. AND AND AND did anyone else hear about the newly found previously missing Classic Who episodes? :D :D :D

Deadrocks
December 12th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I've heard SO MUCH about it. I keep intending to watch but... Classic Who is priority until someone sits me down in front of Sherlock.

Sherlock is only 3 episodes. Watch it!

If you want to see another Moffat piece or art check our Jekyll, 6 episode show released in 2007. Very good.

Did you guys hear about the 2 missing episode found from the early Doctor Who?

Phantom
December 12th, 2011, 08:46 PM
New yet old episodes? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?

Deadrocks
December 13th, 2011, 01:01 PM
New yet old episodes? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?

Indeed. They found 2 episodes one from Hartnell's days and one from Troughton's days. Episode 3 of the William Hartnell adventure "Galaxy 4" and Episode 2 of Patrick Troughton's "The Underwater Menace."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bulletin_111211_01/Missing_Eisodes_ecovered

Blue Nocturne
December 19th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Has anyone else heard/bought the new Series 6 Soundtrack? What did you all think of it?

(copied from my post on another forum, excuse any oddities related to this. Discusses Series 6, so if you haven't seen it... spoilers)
I downloaded it on iTunes a few hours ago, and I'll be honest, I was a little disappointed with this. Apart from the obvious contenders, like "Tell Me Who You Are" (though that will always be "A Melody of River" to me), "The Impossible Astronaut" (Which will always be "Hello, Doctor"). "36 Years" and "Locked On"... there aren't that many tracks that stand out to me. Compare to last year, where I can instantly riff off a list of my favourite tracks, all with their own unique flavours. I'll give mention to "Lost in the Wrong Stream" and "The Majestic Tale" as being really well done, if a bit... sort of, you know.

The soundtrack isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but while I had it playing in the background, I was rarely compelled to look at the track name and make a note of it.

Like every year, I was a little disappointed with the exclusion of certain pieces, such as the variation of "Melody Pond" played when The Doctor dies, with the added guitars and different intro. It also appears my wish to finally hear that depressing piano sting from The Doctors Wife (and I think it was in either Turn Left or Midnight before that) will be unfulfilled again...

Patatas Fritas
December 22nd, 2011, 01:12 PM
Joining!~

10th, or maybe the 9th.
Umm I can't remember, I think I properly got into Doctor Who at the start of the 8th Doctors series?
Rose Tyler!
Amelia Pond~

Looking very much forward too the Christmas Special, I'm expecting excellence and DW hasn't disappointed me yet~

Phantom
December 23rd, 2011, 06:21 PM
Oooo I never answered the questions!

10th, but if I listed them in order... 10, 11, 9, 5, 4, 8, 3, 2, 1, 7, 6.

My first? Well the first one I ever really saw was "Human Nature".

WHICH CHARACTER WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE MAKE A REAPPEARANCE?]

Oooo I have a list

Ace, seriously, doesn't even have to be the same actress. She beat a dalek with a baseball bat.

Captain Jack... obviously... but I think Jack + new Doctor might be very interesting.

Luke Smith. Since SJA was cut off by Liz' death I think we need some real closure for SJA.

Jenny... obviously because of the questions left unanswered.

Sarah Jane Smith
Rose Tyler
Ace
Captain Jack

Aquacorde
December 23rd, 2011, 07:51 PM
Guys. I have been away. Hi.
But guys.
I think the Third is my favourite.
Like seriously. He's awesome and badass and ridiculously sexy.
Yes I have been fangirling on Tumblr for my away time.

Phantom
December 23rd, 2011, 07:54 PM
Three is the Chuck Norris of the Whoverse.

This is a fact. *nods*

countryemo
December 23rd, 2011, 08:18 PM
I figured I might as well now, on Season 3 Episode 2. At this rate..

Who is your favorite incarnation of The Doctor (1st - 11th)?:
The 10th, looks better with the goof look ;P

What was your first episode of Doctor Who?:
Season one, Episode one. "Rose"

Which character would you like to see make a reappearance?
Rose! I was crying when she yeah.

Who is your favourite companion?
Rose! Though I guess this aint a fair question as I just met Martha, but she seems pretty nice.

I'm trying to get my mum to by me a Sonic Screwdriver (Used by the 9th and 10th Doctor) Even with my own money, she says not now, or well just a no. v,v

Aquacorde
December 23rd, 2011, 08:18 PM
Sexier than Chuck Norris, he is.

Also saw this pic:

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltffwpKPhM1qd5etwo1_400.jpg

totes read the title as SEX
because
well
Jon Pertwee.

Phantom
December 26th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Sooo, Christmas special, what you think of it?

Personally, I thought it was rubbish; at least until the last five minutes. I mean it had its moments, but as far as Christmas specials go, I don't think it held up to major specials like "The End of Time" or "Voyage of the Damned". For some reason it felt... forced... I am at a loss for words on how to explain it... but the sheer ripped off-ness from The Chronicles of Narnia put me off a bit. I mean I get that it was in the name, but still, yeah I don't know.

The jokes about 'wood' were funny though. All this time people have been arguing about the sonic screwdriver and wood, and that pretty much settled it. I love how he was talking to the screwdriver.

I was happy to see Amy and Rory though. I missed having them, and I sort of wished that River was there for Christmas too, it would have been a nice surprise for the Doctor. :) But it was cute that they always left him a spot. And I thought Amy's reindeer sweater was adorable.

Otherwise I didn't really care for the story much. Just felt corny with a bit of really funny bits.

Delcatty123
December 28th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Oh hello, I'd love to join!
Here are the questions:

Um, I'd have to go for the third!!! ( Yes I bought all the DVDs)
Uh, I think it was 9th , but then I went and watched them all...
Probably Rose .... She was ultra cool!
Amelia Pond all the way!

The Author
December 30th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Oh hello, I'd love to join!
Here are the questions:

Um, I'd have to go for the third!!! ( Yes I bought all the DVDs)
Uh, I think it was 9th , but then I went and watched them all...
Probably Rose .... She was ultra cool!
Amelia Pond all the way!
Ah, yes, WELCOME ABOARD THE TARDIS‼ :cer_smile:

I have been unable to watch the Christmas special, but plan on watching it soon through some links that a little bird gave me.

Anyway, I had to laugh at this Doctor Who reference. :cer_giggle:
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/12/december-30-poof-and-its-gone/

countryemo
January 14th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Yayya I got my Sonic Screw Driver a few days ago (The 9th anf 10th Doctors).
And almost to Season 5 (Been taking some breaks from my regular at least 3 episodes a day.

Though I almost quite watching it.
I feel for the Doctor so much, at the end of Journeys End, where he told Rose to keep over the other Doctor, and the pain he felt when she kissed the other one. And so many losses, the dialeks return yet again. It was just getting to the point where it was tearing me apart.
But I decided to watch the waters of mars, and The End of Time I will start tommorow on the TV if I can.
So it goes Journeys End - Waters of Mars - The End of Time - The Next Doctor?
Just want to make sure I dont miss anything. I think theres two more specials in Season 4.. I guess ill get to those whenever.

Love love David Tenant, don't want to see him go. </3

Phantom
January 17th, 2012, 01:15 AM
But I decided to watch the waters of mars, and The End of Time I will start tommorow on the TV if I can.
So it goes Journeys End - Waters of Mars - The End of Time - The Next Doctor?
Just want to make sure I dont miss anything. I think theres two more specials in Season 4.. I guess ill get to those whenever.

No, and you're missing a special.

Not it's:

Journey's End-The Next Doctor-Planet of the Dead-Waters of Mars-The End of Time

Season 5 starts with The Eleventh Hour-The Beast Below- etc

The Next Doctor isn't about 11, it's a Christmas special... and you forgot Planet of the Dead.

Aquacorde
January 23rd, 2012, 10:30 PM
Huh. I've seen so many people get confused about the specials when I thought they were dead easy to remember and all. I mean one of my friends has to be reminded every week or so. >__>

Oh I've gotten lots of Classic Who since I was last here. Oh. And yeah hi TSO on more favorable account.

My current list of Classic Who consists of
First Doctor:
The Aztecs

Second:
The Mind Robber
The Invasion
The Seeds of Death
> Lost in Time (Troughton Years)

Third:
Spearhead From Space
The Claws of Axos
Terror of the Autons
The Three Doctors

Fourth:
The Ark in Space
The Sontaran Experiment
+ The Key to Time Arc
- The Ribos Operation
- The Pirate Planet
- The Stones of Blood
- The Androids of Tara
- The Power of Kroll
- The Armageddon Factor
The Keeper of Traken
Logopolis

Fifth:
Castrovalva
Black Orchid
and I am actually quite proud of it. And I really enjoy all of these too <33 I need more Three and Sixie in my collection to be really happy though. And well I really need everything I can get my hands on but I found lots of Classic at the B&N near where I work and ON SALE TOO AND I GET PAID THIS WEEK

and I'm very excited. <33

Deadrocks
January 25th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Sooo, Christmas special, what you think of it?

Personally, I thought it was rubbish; at least until the last five minutes. I mean it had its moments, but as far as Christmas specials go, I don't think it held up to major specials like "The End of Time" or "Voyage of the Damned". For some reason it felt... forced... I am at a loss for words on how to explain it... but the sheer ripped off-ness from The Chronicles of Narnia put me off a bit. I mean I get that it was in the name, but still, yeah I don't know.

The jokes about 'wood' were funny though. All this time people have been arguing about the sonic screwdriver and wood, and that pretty much settled it. I love how he was talking to the screwdriver.

I was happy to see Amy and Rory though. I missed having them, and I sort of wished that River was there for Christmas too, it would have been a nice surprise for the Doctor. :) But it was cute that they always left him a spot. And I thought Amy's reindeer sweater was adorable.

Otherwise I didn't really care for the story much. Just felt corny with a bit of really funny bits.

I could agree with you.

It had a very weird story. The tree people were weird, and it didn't have much of an antagonist. I did like the ending with Karen and whatnot. It was a nice touch.

I'd almost disagree that the end of time was a Christmas Special, since it was a 2-parter that lasted into the new year. Though it was in the Christmas season. Didn't they still have a separate Christmas special that year? Or am I mistaken?

Side-Note: Anyone live in the Georgia (USA) Metro-Atlanta area? Apparently there is a Doctor Who convention every year, and this year they are getting Caitlin Black (Think that's her name) the girl who played young Amy to speak.

Aquacorde
January 26th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Caitlin Blackwood? Oh she's so cute. I have a slight bit of jealousy. D: But that also reminds me- for people 'round the Twin Cities (MN, USA) Sophie Aldred who played Ace is coming to this thing. (http://convergence-con.org/guests/guests.php) <33

Soi
February 1st, 2012, 11:45 AM
I'd like to join, Doctor Who is freaking brilliant
-I would have to say that 9 and 10 are tied for my favorite. 11 is good as well, but it takes about 2 seasons for a new Doctor to win me over.
-I started watching just recently but I have seen all of the 2005+ seasons
-Rose, I grew attached to Rose and 9 because they were my first introduction to the series (I havent seen the Christmas episode yet so I'm not 100% caught up)
-Rose, for reasons I stated above

The Author
February 14th, 2012, 07:47 AM
-gasp-
HELLO AGAIN! I CAN BREATH! THANK GOD! MAYBE I SHOULD TRY GETTING THE FIRST POST TO LOOK GOOD ONCE AGAIN!

I am so, so sorry.
I have a reason for not being here as often as before:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=13112

Anyway,
WELCOME SOI!

{updating....
process failed.
please try again.
//
updating....
The Author failed.
please give him cookies.
//
question sum doubled to occupy time}

I am guessing this club's gonna be a bit slow until Doctor Who airs again.
Let's be patient.
Let's be patient.
Let us be patient.
LET... US... BE... PATIENT.
WHY ARE YOU NOT HERE YET, SEASON 8!
WHERE ARE YOU, DOCTOR?!

Aquacorde
February 14th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Series 7, we're on Series 7! Season 8 was Three's second and Jo's first and introduced the Master for the first time!

ALSO if you're looking to get your DW fix... well there's plenty of Classic Who to watch and it's honestly very, very good.

countryemo
February 15th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Season 8? Haha. Im still in the middle of Season 6, and will be taking it slow. Watching Doctor Who music and ect videos on YouTube. I watched a little bit of the old doctor who (Documentary on the Movie in the.. 60s?)

My friend the other day (Also a fan of DW) called me a poser for not quite knowing what 'Chameleon Circuit' was. Any of you listen to them? Quite good. I watched some of the old stuff, he says dosent matter and are bad. And im the poser fan.

Aquacorde
February 15th, 2012, 06:43 PM
...I'm just gonna put it out there that I actually do get confused when people don't distinguish between "series" and "season" so for my sake, guys: "Season" for Classic Who, "Series" for NuWho. Please.

Also Series 7 hasn't begun airing yet and has just started filming as far as I know so... no worries bro.

@countryemo ...what exactly did you watch? A documentary on one of the Peter Cushing movies or...?

And Chameleon Circuit is fab. I've been listening to them longer than I've been watching Doctor Who, actually, cause I encountered the first album on Alex Day's music page. They're awesome <33

Also from my perspective... one is not a better or worse fan for having seen more or less Doctor Who or liking and disliking certain things. The only rule to being a Whovian is to love Doctor Who. But your friend, bro, is no Whovian if he dismisses the Classic seasons like that. Just saying. Also he seems very rude.

The Author
February 16th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Series 8....
I think I was getting a bit ahead of myself there. :P

gjJWbtCShqo

♥♥♥ Chameleon Circuit ♥♥♥
I'll go fangurrl for this stuff! :cer_boogie:

TheBritishNerd
February 17th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Sign me up!! Whovian and proud right here =P I'll just answer the questions now to :
Favourite Doctor: 3rd/4th/10th
First Episode: New series:Rose/ Classic series: The Dalek Invasion Of Earth
Character Reappearance: Zygons or Weng Chiang
Favourite companion: Ian, Barbara, Sarah-Jane, Donna
Possible To Create TARDIS?: Possibly one day...
Favourite Christmas Special: None of them really stand out to me.
Female Doctor?: Don't think so
Ginger Doctor?: Well, Tom Baker (4th) did have ginger sideburns...

Aquacorde
February 22nd, 2012, 05:17 PM
Hallo, welcome to the club!

So I watched all of Season 23/Trial of a Time Lord a few days ago and gosh. I think I've found my favourite bit of Doctor Who ever. It was just completely fantastic aaaa <33

Also guys today is the first anniversary of Nicholas Courtney's death. I've been remembering him by watching serials he's been in. Particularly The Invasion. Here is the first time you see him in that serial:

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lztlx8lprR1r8cx2fo1_500.png

Also I shall be watching it through again with the commentary because it's quite a good commentary with Nicholas Courtney, Frazer Hines, Wendy Padbury and Chris D'Oyly-John. They really are lovely people. Everyone should listen to the commentaries imo.

The Author
February 28th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllo, BritishNerd!
Welcome aboard!
Sorry it took me so long... again.
:P

B2/W2 is absorbing all of my time! :o
On top of the fact that I have to get 368 posts by March.
I've been busy. :P

So, does this guy look like Ten or what?
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/21/351e8ca0-1a25-456f-83b6-4c81697fa560.jpg
lol I just Googled "pokemon looker" and that was the first. Derp.

Aquacorde
February 28th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hah I've seen that comparison around. Rather amusing. :3

Um there is news that I have:

Peter Halliday- Packer in The Invasion- died on the 19th. Didn't hear about it till much later, but it happened. He was brilliant. :<

Frazer Hines- Jamie McCrimmon- is coming to the Twin Cities in September 2012 (http://www.britconmn.org/index.html) [that means I get to meet him!]

Series 7 started filming last week (http://doctorwho.tumblr.com/post/18037847032/heres-the-very-first-photo-of-matt-arthur-and), so at least we know something is happening.
Also, three guest stars have been confirmed for Series 7 (http://doctorwho.tumblr.com/post/18049627091/three-guest-stars-confirmed-for-doctor-who-series).

On a personal note, I found a new avatar & I ordered The Two Doctors and the TV Movie and they should be showing up soonish. :3

Squirrel
March 13th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Oo Dr Who! I'd like to join please :D I'll answer the questions now x]

WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE INCARNATION OF THE DOCTOR (1st - 11th)? 9th! Christopher was the best, it's a shame he left so quickly :(
WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST EPISODE OF DOCTOR WHO? I don't remember the name, but it was the first Tennant + Rose one that wasn't a special; it was about Cats running a hospital and it was amazing! Plus so chilling at the time. So then I had to watch the rest!
WHICH CHARACTER WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE MAKE A REAPPEARANCE? The thief from the red bus Easter special - she should be the next assistant! <3
WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE COMPANION? Donna Donna Donna Donna <3
DO YOU SEE IT AS SCIENTIFICALLY POSSIBLE TO CREATE A TARDIS? Unfortunately no :( But I really wish it was! D:
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL? Titanic! It made me laugh, it made me cry, and it had a great guest appearance! I do wish it could've been a two parter though D:
DO YOU SEE A FEMALE DOCTOR IN THE FUTURE? Nope. I don't think that's possible in Time Lord genetics is it? They're Time Ladies? :s Although I wouldn't be surprised if the Doctor's daughter comes back.
IN YOUR OPINION, WILL THE DOCTOR EVER BE GINGER? YES HE MUST BE <333

The Author
May 15th, 2012, 08:58 AM
I am so, so sorry.

Welcome, Ozzy! :)

The Author
May 17th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Is there anyone else who still secretly hopes to see David Tennant carry the torch in the London Olympic Games this year?
Rovq1ivoZjU
Petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/Drwh2012/

Cherrim
May 17th, 2012, 11:15 AM
This club was dead for over two months so unfortunately I have to close it. If there is still interest in it, though, feel free to remake it.