PDA

View Full Version : The Curse

parallelzero
December 31st, 2004, 10:35 AM
The basic idea of this RP was taken from the series called Fruits Basket (or Furuba) with a few changes that I made. If you've seen the series, you'll know what I changed, but if not, don't worry about it.

This RP is about the Soharu family. But they are no ordinary family, they have a curse. When ever they are hugged by someone of the opposite gender, they change into an animal of the Chinese Zodiac (and the cat). The only exception is if they hug each other. Now this curse, as you can imagine, can cause quite a few problems. Usually, the person who witnesses this has their mind wiped, but what happens when a homeless kid enters the Soharu families life?

So the plot is quite similar to the of Fruits Basket, I just changed the families name to allow custom characters, ^^

You can either playa member of the Soharu family, or there is one spot for the kid who really has no place to live, and has been living in a tent the past few weeks, still going to school, ect.

Here are the animals of the Zodiac, and you only pick one.
Dog, Boar,
Rat, Ox,
Tiger, Rabbit,
Dragon, (which is a seahorse) Snake,
Horse, Sheep,
Monkey, Rooster,
Cat,
Once an animal is taken, it cant be used again.

And here is the form:
Name:
Age: (preferably a different age then every other character)
Animal of the Zodiac:
Appearance:
Personality:
Other: (optional) (any other info you'd like to share on your character)

Now just because their a family doesnt mean they all live together, which is why I need some older characters to play guardian to the younger ones.

AngelWolfie
December 31st, 2004, 10:45 AM
Name: Mizu
Animal of the Zodiac: Tiger
Appearance: 5'7", thin, has short blonde hair and blue eyes, wears a blue sweatshirt and blue jeans
Personality: Shy, but very friendly to those she's close to.
Other: Uh..

Psychotic_Demon
December 31st, 2004, 11:12 AM
i've heard of fruits basket, but i've never read the manga or seen the show...

Name: Kali Soharu
Animal of the Zodiac: Cat
Appearance: Light brown eyes that look yellow from a certain angle, and brown hair. Kali is somewhat short, with the build of a gymnist, and tannish skin. She wears a orange tank, and baggy blue jeans that almost cover her shoes completely. When hugged, she becomes a small, playful Calico.
Personality: One word could describe Kali: Hyperactive. She acts a bit insane and sometimes gets the 'I rule the world, bow down before me' attitude. And Kali almost never thinks before acting. Although she appears childish and immature, she is accutualy caring and sweet.
Other: er....... i think this should just remain optional....

parallelzero
December 31st, 2004, 11:19 AM
Here's my form, and I edited the Other section ^^;; And remember, your last name has to be Soharo if you use a zodiac animal
Name: Askan Soharu
Animal of the Zodiac: Rat
Appearance: Askan has short red hair and blue eyes. he stands at 5'11" and wears a grey sweater with a hood and a pair of navy blue jeans. As well as a pair of black running shoes. When he is hugged, he becomes a small, cute white rat.
Personality: N/A (for my own reasons)
Other: Being the rat, David tends to despise the cat, and favours the dog. He also knows some self defense.

Psychotic_Demon
December 31st, 2004, 11:21 AM
ooc: oops, er, sorry about that, LP. i just fixed it.

Desert Cacturne
December 31st, 2004, 12:33 PM
Name: Kazuo Soharu
Animal of the Zodiac: Rabbit
Appearance: (Hmm, so what features do Soharus have?) Kazuo wears a white cap over his short auburn hair. With two curious blue eyes shining with joy, there's no wonder why most people love him. He wears a blue t-shirt which is covered by a navy blue sweater. He wears baggy blue jeans, clean white socks, and white sneakers. Once hugged, he transforms into a fluffy young rabbit.
Personality: As the zodiac says, he is very kind and often lucky. He's also warmhearted, loving, creative, and broad-minded but sometimes interfering. Once he knew he had a curse, he became shy of visitors and grew quiet. He is always honest and is pretty smart for his age.
Other: He is the family's young cousin. He has a pet turtle named Lucky (err, my puppy's name). He is a Leo (July 23 - August 22).

Xhaiden
December 31st, 2004, 12:35 PM
Name:Lyst Ikikara
Appearance: Tall, thin, black hair that is really scruffy(Emoish), Strange reddish eyes, Wears a loose fitting tshirt ( Red with some wierd symbol thingy) and Black jeans. He also has a strange scar on his right cheek from something...Hmmm...
Personality: Easy going, Sarcastic, but can be a nice guy when he wants to be.
Other: He was taken in by the Soharo family after he was rejected AGAIN from a foster home. Lyst often finds himself in awkward situations...

paige pelletier
December 31st, 2004, 12:37 PM
XD Big sparkly eyes XD
Name: Paige
Animal of the zodiac: dragon
Appearence: she has short pink red hair (down to her shoulders) that covers her right eye she wears a back coat thing that goes down to her knees that is unbuttoned wear her bellybutton is and black jeans that are flowey black boots and a black choker too when she is hugged by a male she changes into a green seahorse oh yeagh she has pink red eyes too!
Personality: she is cold and distant is daydreaming most of the time
Other: has weak Broncial tubes and wants to be a docter most consider her cold and she lives on the outside

parallelzero
December 31st, 2004, 12:39 PM
Desert Cacturne, your age doesnt exactly have to match the zodiac animal ^^;;
It didnt really in the anime/manga >>
And you're all accepted.
Edit: Paige, you need to fill in your personality and appearance >>

paige pelletier
December 31st, 2004, 12:43 PM
I did I just did it now sorry!

Desert Cacturne
December 31st, 2004, 01:07 PM
Oh, good. I changed mine to 9. ^^
So how much more people do we need? We need parents! o.o

parallelzero
December 31st, 2004, 01:09 PM
OOC: Well, we dont need to live in the main house exactly, like my character is going to live with him Uncle somewhere else in town. The reason I was asking for some older characters was because of that, so ill edit my age >>

Xhaiden
December 31st, 2004, 01:18 PM
((So I will be living with Whom? *Blinks*I've heard of the manga but I've never got a chance to read it....)

parallelzero
December 31st, 2004, 01:33 PM
Okay, how about we all just live in the Soharu house so there is no confusion, okay? XD Sorry, I never really took ino consideration where wed leave at first.

Suzu
December 31st, 2004, 01:52 PM
Name: Suzumi Soharu
Animal of the Zodiac: Dog
Appearance: about 5'4, she has black hair that is just past her waist and dark blue eyes. she has pale skin and a round face.
Personality: playful, sharp of tongue, and noisey, she is very manipulative and will do anything to get what she wants.
Other: she cant keep a job.

I'll join david/diana =P

Lily
December 31st, 2004, 02:32 PM
Sounds fun. ^^; (Someone took cat! ;-;!!!)

Name: Hikari Soharu
Animal of the Zodiac: Ox
Appearance: She stands at about a measly 3'0. Two short, brown braids barely reach her shoulder, each end tied with a single lace of red ribbon. Few bangs gently tumble over her large, pastel brown eyes, a tint of dusky rose on her cheeks. She wears a single red flannel dress, with a white shirt underneath. Her shoes are also red, except a yellow puff lies on each one, probably for decoration. (If ya need help on the face...see my avatar o.o)
Personality: Hikari is a bright yet innocent kid who is often curious about the wrong thing. She can easily annoy other people without realizing it, and her spirit is good natured without intending other people to be harmed. She enjoys being around a lot of people, as she is an attention seeker half the time. Hikari never stops asking endless questions, curiosity often getting the better of her. Still, she can be patient if she wants to. It depends on her mood.
Other: Hikari likes kitties, but hates dogs

parallelzero
December 31st, 2004, 02:54 PM
OOC: Okay, we should be good to go. I editted the "Other" section of my profile just so you know.

IC: "Man, why did I choose today of all days to sleep in!" I panicked as I threw my school uniform on. It was a grey jacket and a grey pair of pants basically, but the girls wore skirts. I had a Math exam first period today, and I needed to pass it. At this rate, I wouldn't make it in time!

It looked as if everyone else had gone already as I rushed out the door onto the road that led through the park into town. My family always had their own land, so nobody else really lived around us.

Suzu
December 31st, 2004, 03:14 PM
I yawned an walked out of my room, dressed in a a black skirt and blazer, I had another job interveiw today. I thought I hear Askan running down the hall but I must of missed him.
"I hate working..."
I muttered, especialy as a secritart, I hoped I wouldnt be highered, as I walked out the door and towards my car...

Lily
December 31st, 2004, 04:11 PM
Hikari was early. As usual.

She blinked her eyes open. School. What a foreign word. Did she even have it? Tumbling over her little seven year old self, she bumped hard against the floor as she fell from her little bed, rubbing her eyes open. It was morning. Breakfast. Food. But where? Most of the people were gone, as she spotted Askan dashing through the front door. He was late. Again.

She blinked once, before vaguely waving her hands. "Bye-bye, suu~"

Turning around, Hikari walked down the hallway, searching for someone who could give her breakfast.

Psychotic_Demon
December 31st, 2004, 04:16 PM
ooc: sorry for not posting sooner... where are we?

parallelzero
December 31st, 2004, 04:22 PM
"I really need to change me clock..." I said aloud as I walked back in. I had gotten a look at my watch about partway down the road, which told me I hide 30 minutes before I even had to leave.
"Anyone want breakfast?!" I called throughout the house. I could cook somewhat, which was a good thing, since I was one of the older ones in the family. I just had to finish this last year of school, and I'd be able to look after the others all the time.

Suzu
December 31st, 2004, 04:37 PM
After a 15 minute interview, in which I droped coffee on my boss to bes' lap, insulted his clothing, and put my resume through a paper shreader, I desided to exsuse myself and head back home.
"I'll hang myself before I get another job as a sectrary..."
I muttered as I pulled into the driveway, exited the car and walked up the path.
"I'm back, 20 minute interview, is that a record?"

Lily
December 31st, 2004, 08:52 PM
Hikari is so clueless ;;

Breakfast.

The word rang a meaning through Hikari's head. When she was very little, she had heard adults running around the hallway, shouting things in the morning, but having breakfast. When Hikari said it, it usually meant she wanted food. In the morning of course.

And it was morning right now, so surely it wouldn't hurt to ask for breakfast?

Askan had come back, as well as Suzumi after a while. Hikari knew these two people, simple because of the same domestic similarities. She had seen them eat, sleep, go to 'work,' and oh so many things. But she was hungry.

Hikari toddled over to the kitchen, opening he refridgerator from the side. She had learned this large box had been filled with....food. Perhaps she could make breakfast?

Giggling, her hands crept and and stole out a box of raw eggs, watching the heavy thing smash into the floor, creating a mess. No matter. The others could clean it later. The girl dug her way in, scouring through the food in curiosity.

parallelzero
December 31st, 2004, 09:01 PM
"Gah!" I cried as I heard a loud splat in the kitchen, which followed by my running in there. Eggs... Everywhere... Great. I glanced at the clock, and the number 15 rang in my head. 15 minutes till I had to leave for school.
"Not again Hikari!" I moaned as I went for a cloth from above the sink. "You really need to stay out of things!"
I swear, that girl always seemed to get into trouble at the most inopportune times, but she was young, so it couldn't be helped.
I payed most of the bills for the house, I didnt want to see it in a mess.
"You're a mess, you better get changed." i told her as I went to clean up again.

Lily
December 31st, 2004, 09:17 PM
I love annoying people. o.o;

Hikari's bottom lip quivered, tears weling up in her eyes. She saw the scattered eggs, the gooey yellow yolk clinging onto each furniture. The clear substance shined against the kitchen light, and already the air smelled...bitter. In both ways. She then turned up to Askan, who was cleaning up. He probably had to leave soon, but who would make her breakfast? No one?

"But..but...I WANT BREAKFAST"

She cried.

Suzu
December 31st, 2004, 09:19 PM
"whats going on?"
I asked pokeing my head in the kitchen, noticing Askan and Hikari standing over a eggy mess.
"kari-chan what did you spill?"
I patted her on the head and watched Askan clean up the egg splatter, I glanced at my watch.
"you guys are going to be late, I can drive you if you hurry..."
I said wondering away from them.

parallelzero
December 31st, 2004, 09:23 PM
The cry sent a shiver down my spine as I tried to finish cleaning. "Fine, have a blueberry muffin." I said as I opened the plastic package and handed her one with extra blueberries. "Now go sit at the table and eat it, you and I both have school soon. Okay?"

Lily
December 31st, 2004, 09:27 PM
MUFFINS. <3 You made Hikari-Chan very happy.

HIkari immediately stopped crying when she saw something being handed to her. She knew when something was handed to her, it was a good thing. Smiling, her hands reached out for the light brown bread with bits of blue in it. the aroma was none too familiar, as she kept smiling at her favorite food.

"Muffins."

She said the word almost cheerfully, smiling as she happily bit into it.

"Muffins!"

Desert Cacturne
December 31st, 2004, 10:00 PM
Sorry for being late for the RP, probably all, but I've made it! ^^
By the way, Happy New Year! I'm now in 2005; cool.

IC: Kazuo had awoken after hearing the echoing splat of eggs. Boy, was he going to be late for school. No worries. All he had to do was get changed and have some toast and maybe a nice glass of orange juice. After rubbing his eyes and a short yawn, he jumped out of bed. He then threw on his small-sized school uniform and had a minute or two to brush his teeth and wash his hair.

Good morning, guys! Dont forget about me, he smiled as he hopped down the stairs.

Kazuo served himself a glass of orange juice and some toast. He had forgotten to feed Lucky, the turtle, so he raced back up the stairs to get the turtle some vegetables. There, in the corner of his room, was the fish tank. Two goldfish swam cautiously through the coral, castle, and seaweed figures which were randomly placed in the water. Above the water was an enormous rock with Lucky perched up high. Of course, Lucky was a great pet but he was way too quiet to interact with. It was very interesting to see him dive in the water with the other fishes. Kazuo placed some lettuce on the rock and gave the fish some fish food. He gathered his novels, notebooks, and textbooks and headed downstairs.

Dragon Paw
January 1st, 2005, 04:56 AM
OOC: Sorry I'm late... Is it too late to join?
Heres my form anyway...
Name: Kristen Soharu
Animal of the Zodiac: Sheep
Appearance: She has long white hair and brown eyes. She is about 4' 10" and weighs around 90 pounds.
Personality: Very friendly and caring. She likes to help out in as many ways as possible. Though she doesn't like tough labor.
Other: (optional) (any other info you'd like to share on your character)

paige pelletier
January 1st, 2005, 07:06 AM
I walked into the kitchen and almost imediently walked out "I am going to school" I said in a very quiet tone. As I walked out of the house I gazed at the beautiful yard sighing because school is much less enchanting.........

OOC: can I be the one to erase people's memories?

parallelzero
January 1st, 2005, 08:27 AM
OOC: Sure ya can join ^^

IC: "Suzu, take Hikari to school, I can make it to class in time... I hope." I called to her before exiting the house for the second time. Her real name was Suzumi, but I had getten in the habit of calling her Suzu.
Now my task for the day. Getting to class in ten minutes flat...

Dragon Paw
January 1st, 2005, 08:31 AM
i woke up. I yawned and stretched. I looked at the clock and gasped. I needed to get to school and fast! I literally jumped out of bed and scrambled around my roo mto find my school ujniform. I put that on and then ran out of my roo mand into the kitchen. 'No time to eat...' I thought as passed through the kitchen and ran outside. I hoped I wouldn't be late for school...

AngelWolfie
January 1st, 2005, 08:57 AM
OOC: Hikari is so adorable! <3

My alarm clock rang and I sat up in bed. "DUCKS!" I shouted. "Oh.. OH!" I immeadiately jumped out of bed, got my school uniform on, ran downstairs, grabbed my school stuff and ran out the door. I couldn't be late again!

paige pelletier
January 1st, 2005, 09:57 AM
I walked into class but not before I put my things away. When I went in only two people greeted me "hey" said the first in a bored voice the second said "hello Paige how are you?" I said I was fine then I quickly sat in my seat.
OOC: um may I please show two friends of mine!
1st
Name: Lio
looks: sandy colored hair that goes down to her shoulders school uniform (long skirt) or a long skirt and a long sleeve t shirt golden eyes
History: was in a gang but got out once she became friends with paige
Other: very violent will do anything to protect her friends

2nd
Name: Hana
Looks: blue black hair always in a braid a school uniform or black clothes
History: she was transfered from her old school because of a um inncedent
Other: she controls denapa waves and can hurt people and tell if they are good or not

Hana's little bro!
Name: Megumi
Looks: wavey black hair (short) a school uniform or black clothes looks like Hana
History: he gets teased alot just like hana lio and Paige but hee doesn't have friends so Hana Lio and Paige Protect him (not like he needs it)
Other: he can put curses on people by knowing their name

I am sorry if this is too much I can delete this if you want!

AngelWolfie
January 1st, 2005, 10:07 AM
I walked into my homeroom class and silently sat down in my seat that I had chosen that was far from the other students. I doodled in my notebook untill the bell rang for first period.

Lily
January 1st, 2005, 11:16 AM
Hikari nodded reasonably when Askan said her name. School. SHe was going to school. Bits of muffin srrounded hr mouth, as she bit into it one more time. It was so busy today! She couldn't wait for the weekends, then maybe they could play with her.

"Suu. I'm done," Hikari said to no one in particular as she jumped off the chair, putting the half eaten muffin in the sink, (because that's where all the dishes with leftover food go, right?) and making her way to her backpack. It was a small red and yellow one, pictures of cute animals decorating the top.

"HIkari can go to school by herself..." she giggled at the thought, silently treading outside.

paige pelletier
January 1st, 2005, 01:42 PM
OOC: I am in my 3rd year of high school right?

Paige and her friends sat in their home room looking bored. Paige doodled on her paper drawing animals of the zodiac when she finished all of them (even the cat ) but the dragon she sighed and drew two animals a seahorse then a giant dragon..........