• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Unova Gym Leader?

Who is your fave Unova Gym Leader?

• Total voters
Years
What is your favorite Unova Gym Leader?

We may already have a thread on favorite Gyms, but not Gym Leaders.

Vote for the fave Gym Leader of Unova!

My faves are:

Elesa - she reminds me of Lady Gaga, plus her Zebstrika and Emolga inspired me to catch my own.
Iris - she's the youngest but I love her hair.
Cilan/Cress/Chili - they are triplets who love the 3 starter Pokemon types.
Skyla - she's easy to battle and her design is cool.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd say Elesa because she's so gorgeous. Cilan and Iris come in close because they're Ash's traveling companions in the anime.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I love Drayden, Brycen, Skyla, and Clay.

The guys are too cool, especially Drayden. With those menacing eyes, he is sure to be a well governor to Opelucid.

Skyla is the prettiest gym leader of all!

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Clay, he seems tough and surly on the outside but is actually friendly on the inside. Plus his accent is so hard to understand, it's funny reading what he says.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Skyla has the best design and other than Iris I don't really like the personalities of the other gym leaders :x So probably both of them at once? I dunno, both are pretty kind-hearted too so that's another reason why I like them.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
My favorite Gym Leader is Lenora, probably because of the anime not the game. :3
I like her because she's tough and she uses normal types. :D

Magica

Miss Magic
Years
My favorites were Skyla and Clay. Skyla was a sweetheart who really cared about people and Pokemon, as was obvious when she went to help the Pokemon on top of Celestial Tower. Plus she's a pilot- which is what I dream to be someday.

Clay is just the definition of manliness, and I love his rough exterior. His accent is awesome too, a regular cowboy (I have a huge obsession for them!!!) He didn't let anybody mess with him.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
My favourite was Skyla since I like her design the most and she's the first Gym Leader who I thought took their Gym designs too far, the second were Iris and the guy you fight in Black.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
-Elesa: I like Elesa cause of her cool looks, and i love how she's the cool electric pokemon gym leader! :3

-Chili: Hmm, im not really sure why i like him. I guess cause how he looks and the fact he has my fave of the monkey trio X3

-Skyla: Cause her gym is fun! Ok ok, and cause her pokemon are awesome, her personality is so sweet and I JUST LOVE HER LOOK! :D

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
1st- CILAN! I love him to death! His restaurant designed gym was so kewwl since I love food and cooking, his design rocks my socks and his outfit is awesome. Plus my favorite of the 3 elemental monkeys is Pansage!

2nd- Skyla! She specializes in my favorite type- Flying! Her gym was also really cool with the design of cannonballs and such.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I'd go with Skyla, loved how easy it was when I battled her, and she has a calm personality which represents her design. :)

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Cilan! I don't know if I elected him as my favorite before or after I saw the anime, but yeah, Cilan rocks! Him and his awesome Pansage :D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Ehhhh... most of them tend to merge into one for me. The only ones I could remember off the top of my head were Burgh and Elesa. (If only for her "I'm this town's Gym Leader and I'm also a model!" throwaway line.) Out of those, I guess I'd have to say Burgh, although I really have no reason to do so. I like his name, I guess...?

Back