PDA

View Full Version : Has Spongebob completely gone downhill?

Volcanix769
November 15th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I tried saying this to people at Yahoo answers, they started hating on me when I said the truth about this show. But there is the stuff that I dislike:
-Hillenberg resigning to executive, letting Paul take over
-The new writers
-Graphic humor
-Dramatic character change

Some new episodes now are sometimes OK, or good, but remember that Pets or Pests episode? The maggot like worms, it was gross. They squirt goo, when you look close, DON'T EVEN LOOK. And remember when Spongebob's finger grew by that splinter, and when Squidward's nail came off? Or when their skins rip off? Not right for a kids show. I remember the good episodes: When Spongebob refused to leave when Kevin was there, Rock Bottom, etc? They were good. But do these new writers realize the difference between what the old writers made, or what they made? This show is too graphic for a kids show. Kid shows like that inspire kids to do that in the future. And Spongebob is doing a bad job.

Alli
November 15th, 2011, 01:56 PM
They should have stopped after Hillenburg left. The show now is just...not even funny. I liked the early episodes because they were funny. Just plain goofy and random really, but that's what I enjoyed. I quote older episodes with my sister all the time. But the newer ones, yeah they're just...literally disgusting. I literally cringe when I watch the ones you used as an example. There's just not a lot of good kids shows out there these days, really. They're all either stupid, gross, or just bland. But hey, any cartoon that is released after 1999 has big shoes to fill, really. I haven't seen many shows do that. Only cartoons I really like are Avatar: The Last Airbender, MLP: Friendship Is Magic, and early SpongeBob episodes (if they count). And shows aimed at preschoolers, like Max and Ruby. lol

But yeah, although SpongeBob has taken a sour turn, I really think it's not just that show, but the majority of kids shows today, namely cartoons. Most are like...CGI now. I refuse to even call those cartoons. Especially when they're not funny.

Volcanix769
November 15th, 2011, 02:11 PM
They should have stopped after Hillenburg left. The show now is just...not even funny. I liked the early episodes because they were funny. Just plain goofy and random really, but that's what I enjoyed. I quote older episodes with my sister all the time. But the newer ones, yeah they're just...literally disgusting. I literally cringe when I watch the ones you used as an example. There's just not a lot of good kids shows out there these days, really. They're all either stupid, gross, or just bland. But hey, any cartoon that is released after 1999 has big shoes to fill, really. I haven't seen many shows do that. Only cartoons I really like are Avatar: The Last Airbender, MLP: Friendship Is Magic, and early SpongeBob episodes (if they count). And shows aimed at preschoolers, like Max and Ruby. lol

But yeah, although SpongeBob has taken a sour turn, I really think it's not just that show, but the majority of kids shows today, namely cartoons. Most are like...CGI now. I refuse to even call those cartoons. Especially when they're not funny.

I'll call the sucky cartoon crappy animations.

A Pixy
November 15th, 2011, 02:31 PM
No, the show still has a ways to go before it hits Rock Bottom, and not the incredible Season 1 episode. It's not TOTAL trash, it's just regular trash.

Volcanix769
November 15th, 2011, 02:34 PM
No, the show still has a ways to go before it hits Rock Bottom, and not the incredible Season 1 episode. It's not TOTAL trash, it's just regular trash.

I partially don't understand what you said. I said that the season 1 episodes are good, and you say it in a different way.

Livewire
November 15th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Culture & Media would be a better place than here. Read the rules, please.