PDA

View Full Version : which do thinkis cooler sp's or DS

Spartan_117
January 1st, 2005, 11:01 AM
i think sp is cool but i'm going to say DS is cooler.

Pogiforce-14
January 1st, 2005, 11:02 AM
DS acts like a littl handheld computer, asks for your birthday, a screenname, time, date, everything. DS is most certainly cooler.

Shinin
January 1st, 2005, 11:16 AM
I'd have to say DS. GBA games look a little better on it and it has some cool 3D games.

Carlito-san
January 1st, 2005, 11:18 AM
It's mentally possible to compare the 2?DS.10 words:Everything on it blowns the SP out of the water.

Kairi
January 1st, 2005, 11:42 AM
As I said in the DS/PSP thread, the SP. By far. Better design, more polished, and focuses on crisp, top-edge 2D instead of watered down N64 3D, like the DS. Full rant begins on post #308 in the PSP/DS thread. Read it~

Shinin
January 1st, 2005, 11:49 AM
The graphics don't make the game.

Kairi
January 1st, 2005, 11:51 AM
Graphic STYLE does, however. 2D games and 3D games are entirely different, and both valid. They offer two different styles of gameplay. The GBA has impressive 2D, but the DS is using dated technology in a world where people expect to see the best, and developers want the best for their games.

Carlito-san
January 1st, 2005, 11:52 AM
Watered down N64?It's a watered down Dreamcast.>.<

Kairi
January 1st, 2005, 11:57 AM
Regardless, the quality is not as high as it could be, and systems have always strived for the highest graphical quality. It’s something everyone has come to accept. So while graphics don’t make the game, not giving the potential for good graphics is a bad thing.

Pogiforce-14
January 1st, 2005, 12:59 PM
and your making a big deal about something that isn't involving the topic. I guess you haven't noticed, but the DS games are much crisper than 64. just because they are the same games don't give them the same graphics. They are much crisper and much cleaner, plus much more detailed.

Drizzt' Do Urden
January 1st, 2005, 01:14 PM
i like the Ds better because you can talk to people on a wireless messeneger. SP is allso cool though too.

Zapchu
January 1st, 2005, 02:46 PM
The SP is definately better in my eyes. *hugs my Silver GBA SP* The graphics are already good enough and the games for it rock. The graphics look almost the same as the DS system. Who the heck needs two screens...o_O;; I only have two eyes, can't possible pay attention to two screens at once.

Kairi
January 1st, 2005, 02:51 PM
The graphics are dated, just not necessarily a clone of the N64. It’s ancient 3D in a world that embraces modern 3D and 2D. Sure, graphics don’t always make the game…but again, a system that can’t do them at all is unimpressive.

Carlito-san
January 1st, 2005, 02:54 PM
2D graphics?On DS?Wow,thats amazing!Ever play Mr.Driller on the DS?It is in FULL 2D.It looks so great,it blows anything about the SP out of the water.

Dratini927
January 1st, 2005, 02:54 PM
Although I have a DS, I still love my SP. I use it as my main system to play my GBA games. I like it also because it's sleeker and smaller, and fits in a pocket better. Granted, DS has a lot of features, and is pretty nice, the SP for it's time was the best thing to have. And for me, it is still the best.

WolfWood
January 1st, 2005, 02:57 PM
I think that the DS is cooler then the SP.

Chase Leader
January 1st, 2005, 03:32 PM
I am just jumping in on this thread...so don't get mad if I repeat someone.
I'm going to agree with Kairi...on saying that the Sp is better. Lets see the Ds has shown me nothing new or interesting for that matter. The Sp is awsome looking and can fit in ANY pocket easily.

Roxas
January 1st, 2005, 03:41 PM
SP all the way! I love it! It's lots better than DS. *huggles silver SP with Zapy* Also, I greately dislike Nintendo DS.

FireEmporer
January 1st, 2005, 10:00 PM
I love both! Super Mario 64 DS was fun but was amost the same as the origanal... it had really bad graphics (Well not really bad, But Things coulda been better.

Brittany
January 1st, 2005, 10:13 PM
After thinking about it, SP all the way. I don't care how many 'features' and screens the DS has. It can do my laundry, dishes, and more, but I don't really CARE. The two-screen thing makes me wonder... are they on crack? Sooner or later, they will realize(or get sober), the magical concept of putting both screens together.

Maybe GBE will get myself to regain my respect for Nintendo, but at the moment, GCN and NDS are really drifting me away.

Shinin
January 2nd, 2005, 04:06 AM
After thinking about it, SP all the way. I don't care how many 'features' and screens the DS has. It can do my laundry, dishes, and more, but I don't really CARE. The two-screen thing makes me wonder... are they on crack? Sooner or later, they will realize(or get sober), the magical concept of putting both screens together.

Maybe GBE will get myself to regain my respect for Nintendo, but at the moment, GCN and NDS are really drifting me away.
How is the GCN drifting you away from Nintendo?

Lucifer
January 2nd, 2005, 04:12 AM
Sooner or later, they will realize(or get sober), the magical concept of putting both screens together.

What, and make half of it touch-sensitive?

Anyway, the SP. Obviously the DS hasn't reached the UK yet, but the GBA has more retro potential. Which is y'know, my thing.

*Chikorita*
January 2nd, 2005, 06:55 AM
I vote for the DS for my obvious reasons. XD The SP rocks, but I still think the DS is better, no matter how many times Kairi's DS rants bring me down. XD

Brittany
January 2nd, 2005, 08:05 AM
What, and make half of it touch-sensitive?

Anyway, the SP. Obviously the DS hasn't reached the UK yet, but the GBA has more retro potential. Which is y'know, my thing.
Make it all touch sensitive. I think that they should have made both screens touch sensitive for DS =\

*Chikorita*
January 2nd, 2005, 08:26 AM
Make it all touch sensitive. I think that they should have made both screens touch sensitive for DS =\

I agree. Even though I love the DS as it is, I think that both touch screens would have been even better. ^^

Spartan_117
January 9th, 2005, 10:30 AM
DS is the best out of the two.