PDA

View Full Version : Tempest Wars (Invite Only)

Pages : [1] 2

Pogiforce-14
January 1st, 2005, 02:41 PM
(Please note you may only join this RP if you received an invite from myself or FT.)

On the Planet Tempest 5000 light years from Earth, in the year 2567 A.D., there is a world of magic. All people everywhere have magical power, though some more than others. Machines are a thing of the past, and Magic runs all. But there is a flaw to this way of life

A group of Sorcerers known as the Black Mage Syndicate, the BMS, has found a map leading to the long hidden source of Tempestians magical power. Should they get their hands on it, they could remove Tempestians of their magical strength and destroy society as they know it, building a new society in their image. But the Planetary Organization of Society Defenders, POSD, has gotten wind of their plan and has sent out a group of elite mages to intervene. And so the race to the Power begins.

As a person living on Tempest, you can be either a member of POSD, DMS, or a rogue person doing their own thing.

There are several classes of magic: The mage or Magician, who specializes in legal white magic, who work primarily for the POSD, sorcerers or sorceress, who deal in dark magic and work primarily for the DMS, and Elemental Mages, who deal in a specific element of magic and can go either way.

These are standards, but people dont have to necessarily align themselves with said side (example: A DMS Mage.)

there are also two different ways to weild your magic.

Free hand: Using your hands alone to cast your magic. This makes your magic much quicker and accurate, but less potent.

Item Wield: Wielded through an item such as a staff or wand. Makes the spell much stronger, but less accurate and slower to perform.

With all this said, here is the sign in form.

Name:
Appearance:
Magic Class: ( Mage, sorcerer, or elemental. If elemental, tell which element)
Magic Wield: (free hand or item. If item, tell what it is)
personality:
alliance: (POSD, DMS, Rogue)

~Ozy~
January 1st, 2005, 02:55 PM
Name: Illuvatar (bonus points if you caan tell me where I got the name)
Appearance: Wears simple, unassuming clothes for his work as an undercover agent. Seems to have been run through the mill, burns cover certain areas of his body, his hair is already greying, and his eyes carry the look of one who only carries on because he must. Carries a hawk familiar with him.
Magic Class: Elemental-Wind
Magic Wield: Item-White ash staff
Personality: Secretive, in a word. Definately intelligent, he seems to be pulling strings all over the world. constantly sets up various plots as part of his job. A bit snappish when interrupted. Seems to be hiding quite a few moptives, even from the DMS
Alliance: DMS

Master Angel
January 1st, 2005, 02:57 PM
I got an invitation. This looks like a really good RP. I'll join.

Name: Zwa Hitaro
Appearance: She looks something like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/Master_Becca/MyAvie.png
Magic Class: Elemental- fire
Magic Wield: Item- staff
Personality: she doesn't like to be told what to do, she is her own boss. She doesn't like any people very much except for her close friends. But she can't resist helping a person in need, especially if there is a good fight involved.
alliance: Rogue

Pogiforce-14
January 1st, 2005, 02:59 PM
(Illumise-Larvitar?) ;)

Name: Garrick Johnson
Appearance:he wears a white T-shirt and blue jeans, commoners clothes despite his strength. but he also has white robes necessary for any spell he performs requiring a ritual.
Magic Class: mage
Magic Wield: free hand
personality:Very serious and quiet, but at the sametime fun loving and carefree. He defends what he believes in with a passion

~Ozy~
January 1st, 2005, 03:00 PM
No bonus points today, Pogi! :P Think LotR.

Shiney
January 1st, 2005, 03:01 PM
Name: Sage Rauru
Age: He's never told anyone, it's a hobby for him to confuse people.
Appearance: He stands 5'7'' has a full head of fine, white hair, and steel grey eyes. Despite being older than some moderately aged dirt, he has an aura of youth about him, and has managed to avoid baldness and wrinkles in any form. He wears any variety of clothes, not really caring too much about physical appearance, or so he says.
Magic Class: Elemental, focused on the element of light.
Magic Wield: Item, a long bo staff he used for self defense once, before he became powerful, though now it serves more use as a walking stick. It's become attuned to him, and allows him to focus his spells better, but is nothing but a piece of strange wood to anyone else wielding it.
Personality: in one word, annoying. Though he's old, he has remained highly potent, and youthful of mind, and enjoys not only driving others to lengths of frustration, but exercising physical prowess no one would expect of a man his age. Though he rarely is serious, he has earned the title of sage for a reason. He is extremely wise, though his teachings rarely make sense to most people.
alliance: Rogue, but he recognizes the threat which has been posed by the sides, and is considering giving up his hermitage in order to aid a cause. Which, he has yet to decide.

Pogiforce-14
January 1st, 2005, 03:03 PM
um... shiney, you forgot his alignment.

edit: Nevermind. Made a goof, my bad.

Flygon trainer
January 1st, 2005, 03:29 PM
Name: Aushi
Appearance: Like I know? She wears a dark blue wobe with a hood that hides her face, and it goes all the way to the ground. On the rare occasions she takes it off, she wears black clothes underneath. When she takes her hood off, which she does fairly often, she has wavy brown hair going to the center of her back with blond streaks in it. Her skin is pale, and her eyes are blue
Magic Class: Elemental of ice
Magic Wield: Item, she uses an icy blue gem that is cold to anyone else's touch
personality:Harsh, cold, but when she gets to know you, it's hard to get rid of her
alliance: rouge.

parallelzero
January 1st, 2005, 03:31 PM
Sounds interesting. I think i'll give it a go. I just hope I fill the form out correctly. ^^;;

Name: Askan Peerion
Appearance: Askan stands at the height of exactly 5'11" His hair is a brown so dark that it almost looks black, and his left eye is blue, but his right is green. He wears a black sweater with a hood and a pair of navy blue jeans almost all the time, except under certain conditions.
Magic Class: Mage
Magic Wield: Item- A silver staff with a blue orb on the top. The staff is decorated with sparkle jewels.
personality: David tends to be hot-headed, and likes to rush into things. He has no patience what so ever, and takes action without thinking. Despite all this, he is an enthusiastic kid, with a good sense of priorities.
alliance: POSD

Pogiforce-14
January 1st, 2005, 03:33 PM
(wow, we finally have a POSD. I was starting to wonder if we would ever get one of those. ^^;)

Riyuko
January 1st, 2005, 03:43 PM
I was invited my FT. ^_______^

Name~ Kaname (Can-om-eh)
Age~ 16
Gender~ Female
Magic class~Elemental. She uses the element of lightning.
Magic Wield~Free hand
Alliance~ Rogue

~Appearance~

Kaname has waist length brown hair, and a slender build. She has crystal blue eyes, which are probaly the most appealing thing about her. She wears brown leather pants and vest. Underneath her vest she wears a purple tank top. Occasionally, Kaname wears her hair back with a ribbon, but she is usually found wearing a purple bandana.

~Personality~

Kaname is a kind and caring person. She is usually never quiet, and nearly always hyper. She is always determined to meet her friends every need, and she is heart broken if she lets them down. Although, you dont want to make this girl mad. She is easily offended, and who knows what would happen if you made her mad.

I hope this is alright. ^______^ If there is something wrong, I will change it immediatly.

~Karli

Suzu
January 1st, 2005, 04:30 PM
Name: Sena Kinwa
Appearance: appearance (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/LeafBlue/blond.jpg)
Magic Class: Elemental, she uses the element wind/air.
Magic Wield: A folding fan with a blue handle, a red wave patteren is on the white paper fan part.
personality: She is very anti DMS/POSD. Sena tends to keep to herself, she's agressive and tends to say the first thing that pops into her head. She is very clever, and likes to mess with people, especialy those she dosent like.

thanks for the invite ^^

Lily
January 1st, 2005, 06:06 PM
Cool. ^^

Name~ Shikana (or just Kana)
Age~ 14
Gender~ female
Appearance~ Shikana has long, straight violet hair, often tied into a ponytail which goes all the way down her back, a loose white ribbon flowing freely at the top. Few bangs are swept over to one side, covering one of her vivid cerulean eyes, two strands coming down from either side of her face. She often wears a flowing 'kimono' type of cloth, with layers of white and soft azure. Another sheet of translucent blue covers her waist, giving her an odd, free type of look. Her shoes are often covered, but they are strange, white running shoes with the tips curved up in a sharp point. Even so, Shikana still has the ability to run without any trouble.
Magic Class~ Mage
Magic Wield~ Item- Wand: A shimmering stick of silver, curved at the end but coming up in a point. It ranges at about a feet or so. Because of the fact Shikana always tucks her wand within her clothes, where it fits behind the band that encircles her waist, most think she is a free hand.
Personality~ She is a bit of a miscehivous prankster, but determined and stubborn to get what she wants. Shikana is one of those people where they wouldn't really care about the opposition they faced. She often laughs at the wrong time, either by the ill humored jokes or something that shouldn't be laughed at. Still, she gets angry easily and is a bit of a free lancer.
Alliance~ POSD

Pogiforce-14
January 2nd, 2005, 12:18 PM
ooc: well I think that's everyone, so let's get started!

ic: "can't catch me!" I shouted to my friends, laughing as we dashed through the field on our bikes. I had my hand pressed firmly against the panel, using my magic to guide it through the path we had preset, all the while making it go faster and faster. My friends apparently weren't as skilled as me though, as their resentful shouts were plainly heard from the rear, making me grin. I crossed the finish line we had constructed using a hovering spell and a roll of toilet paper long before they did. My bike returned to the ground as I removed my hand and dismounted by the time the others finally caught up.

"No fair, Garrick!" one of them shouted. "You've had more practice at this than us!"

"Nah, I guess I'm just better than you." I mocked him, opening my hand to show a ball of magical light before closing my hand again, making the ball dissipate. I loved theatrics. "So, wanna do another lap?"

Suzu
January 2nd, 2005, 01:06 PM
My eyes followed a small group off mages as they weaved there way through the crowed that gathered at the towns center. This village was small, and the people didnt stand out when it came to magic. Of course they could use it, that goes with out saying, but these were a bunch of elitist, 4 of them. I glared at them, I didnt like them, any of them. PSOD or the ones trying to over throw society, the DMS. I couldnt tell which ones these were, nor did I care.
what are you staring at girl?
I had caught one of there eyes, A older man, his voice was rough, and he looked like he was in a foul mood, as his comrades gathered around.
may I ask what elite mages, such as your selfs are doing in a village like this?
I asked scowling.
I dont believe that is any of your business you should learn some respect for you elders.
He scoffed, as he began to walk away.
I dont believe that counts if there corrupt.
My tone was icy, and the elitist stopped in his tracks.

Flygon trainer
January 2nd, 2005, 01:33 PM
I was alone, in yet another cavern. I had to move from place to place, otherwise one of the teams would catch me. the ability to freeze people was apparently valuable to them. I looked up at the icicles hanging from the roof, then at the icy condition of the entire cave. This place was beautiful, now that I had frozen it over, and the chilly silence was appealing.

Pogiforce-14
January 2nd, 2005, 01:42 PM
After a few more races in the fields, my friends headed home. walking in the house, I saw my dad sitting in his easy chair, flipping casually through the paper.

"Hey dad."I say as I sit down at teh table. I wave my hand and a carton of orange juice flewut of the fridge, which I caught and immediately began to drink.

"Don't drink straight from teh carton son." my dad said without looking up.

"yes dad." I said solemnly. I wave my hand and a cup flies to me this time.

"Son, I don't want you racing with your friends anymore."my dad said suddenly.

"What?!" I shout jumping up, nearly knocking my glass over. "Why not?!"

"The DMS is on the move, according to the papers." he says. "Something really dangerous. And they've sent a few groups of POSD out too. So there is likely to be a lot of fighting in the future and I want you to stay out of it."

"I'm stronger than both the DMS and the POSD." I say confidentally. "I could handle them."

"No you can't." My dad said sternly. "Which is why you are not allowed to leave the house unless it's for something important. no more going out just to have fun. understood?"

"Fine, whatever." I grumbled, leaving the room. I went into my room and shut the door behind me.I couldn't believe I was confined to the house just because of the stupid DMS and POSD. Angry, I shot a blast of magic out my window before sitting roughly down on my bed. An explosion could be heard in the distance as a tree in the forest suddenly crashed to earth.

Riyuko
January 2nd, 2005, 01:48 PM
Kaname sat in a little restraunt, looking over a map. In front of her sat a cup of coffee, and spoon stirring it.
A few miles until the next village...Kaname thought. Joy...I guess I will leave tommorow afternoon.
Kaname slowly rolled up her map, and tucked it carefully into her bag. She then pulled her coffee over to her, and took a sip. It had been a very frustrating day for her. Everyone in this town was so rude to her. Most towns welcomed their guests.

Kaname looked out the window. It was very busy for such a small village.

Flygon trainer
January 2nd, 2005, 01:55 PM
"Huh?" I said as I looked outside of my caverns. I saw an enormous tree fall to the ground, and i knew it was not natural. I got to my feet, making sure my cloak covered me entierly, and i set out to find the cause of the fall.

Pogiforce-14
January 2nd, 2005, 01:58 PM
I was still simmering at my dad. how dare he confine me like this?! It's not liek the fighting between POSD and DMS were my fault, and spending my life in here until it was safe was no life at all...

With a moment of decision, I ran over to my window and put a leg outside, followed quickly by the other. If dad wouldn't let me go anywhere until the fighting was over, then I'd just hide away somewhere until the fighting was over. He'd be PO-ed as heck when I got back, but I decided I'd rather suffer his wrath than suffer my boredom. Now safely away from the house, I began a dash into the woods.

Suzu
January 2nd, 2005, 02:11 PM
How dare you, you dirty brat!!
The elitist shouted angrily, he sent a blast of dark magic shooting towards me. I stumbled out of the way just in time, but the blast left a smoldering imprint on the wall of the building behind me. The crowd of people seemed to have decided that it was best to run since they had ether cleared out or gathered to watch.
You missed, and Im not dirty.
I said dryly, only angering him more, as he cursed at me. I reached for the fan that was tied to my side, I opened it glancing at it and the red and white pattern began to glow.
An element user. I see. Ah well its been awhile since Ive had a good fight, the DMS is strict these days.
He said his mood switching to amused. His group of comrades were watching closely and holding back the crowd that had curiously gathered.
DMS
I muttered bitterly, I unfolded my fan and the air all around the area automatically became still. In a swift action I waved the fan from up to straight down, in an instant a monster us gale whipped into a cyclone and swirled before me, waiting for its command.
w-wind?!
The elitist seemed in shock, as the air around had now turned on him, most of the crowd had now run for cover, and his group was considering the same.
attack.
As the words escaped my mouth the cyclone shot towards him, he shot back a blast of magic, but it was mealy absorbed, as was he. I closed my fan and the violent wind disintegrated, throwing the elitist into the side of a building and I silently slipped off.

Riyuko
January 2nd, 2005, 02:13 PM
"You finished with this?" came a rude voice, grabbing Kaname's cup of coffee before she had a chance to say anything. Kaname gasped, and glared at the waiter as he turned around and walked away.
He's definately not getting a tip...she thought, standing up and walking out of the door and onto the busy streets.

Kaname made her way restlessly through the crowds. She sensed something terrible was going to happen. Clouds were pulling in. In a distance Kaname could make out a forest. When she had come to this village a large tree stood there, but now it was gone. Kaname narrowed her eyes. Could DMS possibely be the cause for this?

Master Angel
January 2nd, 2005, 02:16 PM
I sat on a park bench. My head was bent over as I flipped through a book. It was a book about dragons. I had always had an interest in dragons. Breathing fire was cool. Since I had always been able to command fire, it seemed cooler than that.

parallelzero
January 2nd, 2005, 02:22 PM
"Busy busy..." I sighed as I collapsed on my bed which was positioned in the left corner of my cold, dark room. Working for POSD was more time consuming then I thought. I hadn't got a wink of sleep in the past 3 days, and it didn't seem like I get any now either.

I had that sinking feeling again. That one I usually got before something bad happened. I threw my shoes and coat back on and headed back into the city.

Shiney
January 2nd, 2005, 02:24 PM
I woke up inside my shack in the forest at the sound of a tree crashing to the ground. I kept an eye on all of the trees around here, and none of them were due to fall any time soon. I grabbed my staff, and quietly outside. My "house" was really a one room shack, as all I used it for was sleeping. I spent all my days outside, usually by the small waterfall in the nearby river. Most of the people in the nearby village knew about the "strage old hermit" but little else about me.

~Ozy~
January 2nd, 2005, 02:31 PM
The chambers of the Lord Captain Commander of the PSOD were grand. Worthy of a palace even. A massive golden sunburst was inlaid into the floor. The leader himself sat on a throne behind a spacious desk scattered with papers. I bowed low as I finished my report on infiltration efforts into the DMS Ironic, that was. With a wave of his hand, the powerful white mage dismissed me. Arrogant. They were all arrogant. The PSOD hadn't been there when a rogue Elemental mage burned my village to the ground. Protectors of the land indeed. It was all I could do to keep from spitting on the pristine marble floors of their headquarters. White cape flying behind me, I tossed the doors of my room open with an absentminded wave of my hand. A simple spell, I didn't need my staff to focus it. "Come, Ishalla" I said when my doors were closed. She flew from her perch, landing gently on my forearm.

It was ten that I noticed him, a taller mage, around 60. Dressed in dead black, he unfolded himself from my chair and asked "How go things here, my son" He was my commander in the DMS, than man who had taken my under his wing. Promptly dropping to one knee, I made my report swift, saying briskly "Good, sir. Most of their intelligence network consistes of DMS agents. Another month and the rest should be as well." He nodded, stroked his beard, and said. "That will not be necessary. You're being pulled off double agent duty. You are now working as a rogue agent arounbd the towns in sector 617, the Rishee Maes. You will protect the townspeople from any threat and give them reason to trust you when you 'join' the DMS, they should lend us thier support as well. Understood?" I nodded. The mage added. "Good. Leave tonight. Your letter of resignation from the PSOD has already been sent." The man melted into the shadows as I began picking up my posessions and musing How to turn this around? My work on the PSOD intelligence network had been going so well too. No doubt, my replacement was a total incompetent.

Lily
January 2nd, 2005, 03:34 PM
Her fingers twirled the wand with ease, glittering silver trailing. A sheet of vibrant azure layered the sky, and one could see the faintest silhouette of a crescent moon. Her feet swung over the thick branch of the tree, blue eyes lazily staring at the city below her. Being a look-out was no fun, especially when there wasn't anything to look at, except the crowds of pedestrians walking around.

There were no signs of the DMS, so surely Shikana would not be noticed if she went out for a little bit of fun? An angry scowl covered her face, as she repeated their words with mockery,

"No Shikana, you mustn't abandon your post. Besides, it's too dangerous, and you're one of the youngest one, and being a look-out is fun," she emphasized the last word with detest, staring below wistfully. Still, it was the sake of the people, and the whole world of magic. Her wand produced a single veil, a translucent shade of shimmering blue, and for once Shikana was alert. It was a warning- a simple one in fact. One of the DMS members were near.

Grinning mischievously, she tucked her wand between the ribbon that encircled her waist, covered by the layers of clothing, and jumped down from the tree with great agility. Time for fun?

Suzu
January 2nd, 2005, 04:54 PM
I walked through the streets in the late night. People used there magic to dimly light the empty walkways.
There were more of the DMS gathering, as well as some POSD. I was beginning to feel anxious.
The wind is still.
Something was about to happen. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a figure jump down, she was one of them.

~Ozy~
January 2nd, 2005, 05:03 PM
My belongings were packed, I'd redressed in some old, far plainer clothes and a simple green traveling cloak. Ishalla was perched on my left shoulder. I gripped my staff tightly in my right hand. It was a swift enough journy from my old quarters to the front gate. I smiled and tossed a casual salute to the slow-witted door guards, then stepped out of the PSOD fortress grounds into the hustle and butle of the nightlife of Anwith, the capitol city of the sector. Finding a dak alleyway, I fifted myself off the ground with a few simple spell manipulations, and took off, zooming off towards my destination through the crisp night air.

Pogiforce-14
January 2nd, 2005, 05:09 PM
I had been wandering through the woods for some time now, and had come to the frightening conclusino I was lost. Perhaps leaving home wasn't such a good idea...

I raised a finger into the air and a small point of light appeared on the tip, lighting up the trees. I was dissapointed to see no path nearby that could guide me to civilization.

Flygon trainer
January 2nd, 2005, 05:22 PM
I got to where the tree had obviously fallen, and I examined it carefully. Not only was the cause not natural, but the tree itself wasn't even big enough to fall on it's own. I pulled my cloak tighter around me as I scanned the nearby trees. I did not want to risk being seen any more than I absoloutly had to. Already the area around me was starting to ice over, and I knew I had to move on.

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 2nd, 2005, 05:25 PM
In no time, Kaname was in the forest. But she wasnt alone. Just as she entered, Kaname could sense a new presence. She could no longer see the sky, therefore if she needed to attack, she would most likely burn the forest down because of her lightning. It was risky for her, but she had to continue.

Kaname sighed, and wandered warily through the large forest. Eventually she came to see a small light. She moved closer curiously. Was it a member of the DMS? Kaname could see a boy. The light was coming from his finger. Kaname hid behind a tree.

Shiney
January 2nd, 2005, 05:30 PM
"What brings you here, child?" I asked curiously, from behind the ice-mage. I held the staff like any old man would hold his walking stick, and I slouched over, trying my best to look like any normal person so that I did not immidiately alienate her. I saw the damage done to the tree, and regonized it as magic, but it wasn't caused by ice magic, so I had no reason to hold her responsible.

Pogiforce-14
January 2nd, 2005, 05:30 PM
I heard a noise behind me and turned around quickly, a little nervous due to my situation. "Who's there?!" I called out, raising the light higher so that I could see better.

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 2nd, 2005, 05:36 PM
Kaname peeked out from behind the tree. The boy sounded nervous. Maybe he wasnt a member of the DMS afterall. Kaname decided to take the risk, and stepped out from her hiding place.
"Who are you?" she asked, keeping her distance.

Flygon trainer
January 2nd, 2005, 05:38 PM
My eyes flicked to him, than back to the tree, and I stayed silent as I crouched down next to the breaking point. There was a lot you could tell from a break. Such as where it came from, how fast it was going, what was the power of the blast, etc.

Pogiforce-14
January 2nd, 2005, 05:39 PM
I was a bit startled but the question but my cool demeanor quckly returned, seeing it was another human. "A country hick who's gotten himself lost in the woods. Who are you?" I demanded.

Shiney
January 2nd, 2005, 05:41 PM
I took a few steps foward, standing next to her, and examining the damage myself. "If you do not wish to speak with me, that is fine." I said, "But I assure you, you won't get anything to worry about from me."

Flygon trainer
January 2nd, 2005, 05:50 PM
I pretty much ignored him as I created some ice in my hand that would act as a magnifying glass, and looked straight into the wound. "They say that when a tree dies, you can hear it scream. I beleive that. Though this one, whatever took it down just knocked it over, no burning, no nothing." I said, though it was mostly to myself

Shiney
January 2nd, 2005, 05:59 PM
I said nothing, also examining the damage, the light warping itself slightly in front of my eyes, giving myself a magnified view. the damage was caused by a simple energy blast, though why a mage would want to go around bashing trees was beyond even my knowledge.

parallelzero
January 2nd, 2005, 06:13 PM
"Kana!" I called to the girl in the distance. What was going on this time?
I began running to try and catch up to her, before I tripped over a tree root reaching out of the ground and landed flat on my face in a puddle of mud. Fun. Fun indeed.
Kana and I, both of the age of 14, were the youngest of the organization, and I always enjoyed hanging around with her.

Lily
January 2nd, 2005, 06:18 PM
Shikana heard her name, and the voice was none to familiar, followed by a loud splat.

"What a klutz...as always~" Kana giggled for a moment, clearing her throat as she swerved around, jumping towards where she had heard her name being called. There was a figure lying straight on the puddle of mud. The girl tilted her head for a moment, her posture obviously choosing whether to help him or not. Sincerity won, as she finally sighed reluctantly, bending over to the boy.

"Still falling on mud, hmm Askan?" She giggled, lending a hand.

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 2nd, 2005, 06:19 PM
"I'm a traveler whom goes by the name Kaname..." Kaname said, tilting her head. "No fear, I wont hurt you. Is anyone else with you?"
Kaname took a big step closer to the boy, now positive he was no threat to her. There were still more people in the forest, she could sense it. But who were they?

Flygon trainer
January 2nd, 2005, 06:23 PM
"a long distance shot.. either someone has really good aim, or they never intended it." I said, moving away, preparing to return to the caverns. It had been a false alarm, there was nothing out here I needed to worry about.

Shiney
January 2nd, 2005, 06:28 PM
"If you do not mind my asking, where do you live, child?" I asked, not turning to face her as she started off. It seemed that she couldn't control her ability to freeze things, perhaps I could help, though ice was not my element.

parallelzero
January 2nd, 2005, 06:30 PM
"Guess so!" I laughed as I grabbed her hand, and wiped the mud off my face. Though it left a big brown smudge across it that made me look like the mud man. "Thanks." I said with a smile. "Now what's going on this time?"

Pogiforce-14
January 2nd, 2005, 06:41 PM
" I'm not afraid of you. " I said proudly. " I need no fear of any other human of this realm. It's starving to death that worries me. as for others, no, I'm on my own."

Flygon trainer
January 2nd, 2005, 06:45 PM
"anywhere that accepts me for even a moment." I said, my pace not slowing. Nobody really cared. I was alone, and I was going to stay that way for as long as this world existed.

Lily
January 2nd, 2005, 06:45 PM
Kana stared at him skeptically, frowning at her hand smudged with mud. She wiped it hastily, before sighing.

"I think my wand is being manipulative by false alarms...because I could have sworn I suspected some other DMS members here...hm. False alarm- definitely," she laughed, eyeing Askan.

"And what were you up to, my oh-so-un-klutzy-friend?" She asked mischievously. "Aside from falling into more mud, that is. Have you found or discovered anything new? Because I'm bad at being a look-out," Shikana recalled, not remembering a single time where she had actually done something for the past few days. The yhad to be here somewhere though...just not now?

Shiney
January 2nd, 2005, 07:02 PM
"I'm not familiar with ice-magic, but I can tell that you seem to have difficulty controlling your power." I said, absently tapping the frost covering a nearby tree to make a point. "I don't know if I can, but I would try to help you, with permission." I finished. I already knew much from being with this child. She had been hurt, hurt beyond what any person should have to bear. Her demeanor showed that as clearly as the light of day.

Flygon trainer
January 2nd, 2005, 07:15 PM
"Simply leave me be." I said, moving on. My caverns were a long ways from here, made longer from the fact that it was darker then when I had set out. Almost too dark for me to see. Not that it mattered, it would be a long time before the sky was as dark as my heart had become.

Shiney
January 2nd, 2005, 07:22 PM
"At least take this to light your path, child." I said, summoning an orb of light with a tracking spell attached. It would fade in about an hour, but would follow her, illuminating a wide area around her until then, or until it was struck by an attack with magic.

Flygon trainer
January 2nd, 2005, 07:37 PM
I sighed lightly, and paused long enough to say "it's easier to not get killed if no one can see me. Your consern is appreciated- not to mention astonishing- but i hardly need it."

Suzu
January 2nd, 2005, 07:39 PM
I stooped down behind a stack of boxs and watched the two speak, they were young, a bit younger than me. They could be easy to take out. I readyed my fan, for the past 3 months I had been picking off random members of each orginasation, hostile or not. I shifted my weight as I kneeled down, but knocked over a box instead, beeing forsed to revile myself.

Shiney
January 2nd, 2005, 07:53 PM
"Very well child." I said, ending the magical light without any outward sign of coing so. I couldn't force her, that would only harm her further. I sighed. It pained me to see young people, children even bearing such burdens.

~Ozy~
January 2nd, 2005, 07:55 PM
My flight took me over various sights, few of any great intrest. I landed softly in a convieniently placed forest. Sortly thereafter, Ishalla fluttered down beside me, landing on the arm I offered. It was then I realized my mistake. I'd landed too far insie the treeline. I was lost. Maybe one of those folks I'd seen neaby was within earshot. I'd hoped to keep my presence a secret for now, bu apparently I had no choice. **** it all. I called "Hello! Can anyone hear me!?"

Flygon trainer
January 2nd, 2005, 08:22 PM
I took off, using what little moonlight there was to see. Though I wasn't heading back to the caverns. i had heard someone else's voice. and despite my opinion, I would not ignore a call for help, ever. After what seemed like an hour, i came to a clearing, and stopped as I saw a man with a hawk on him, though I said nothing.

~Ozy~
January 2nd, 2005, 08:46 PM
"Excuse me, miss" I said, a smile on my face. "do you know your way around here? I seem to have gotten lost."

Flygon trainer
January 2nd, 2005, 08:51 PM
"it depends. Just where do you wish to be? Besides, you will not be getting anywhere till daylight." I said calmly, keeping to an icy cold tone. It wasn't often that someone got lost in here, but either way, he could be dangerous, and I had to be careful. Though just from first looks he seemed like a trustworthy guy, though I had learned the hard way that looks wern't everything.

Pogiforce-14
January 3rd, 2005, 03:28 AM
Since teh Kanama girl was offering no help, I looked around, trying to find a path. seeing none, I decided it was probably best to just hunker down for the night and wait till daybreak. I might find a way out better once the sun is up.

~Ozy~
January 3rd, 2005, 08:08 AM
"I need to get to a nearby village, I recently moved to the area. I'm looking for a place to stay" I replied, smiling brightly, though I doubted this girl (whoever she was) could see it in this faulty light.

Flygon trainer
January 3rd, 2005, 09:00 AM
I tilted my head slightly, and said "no one's getting far at this point, you might as well stay at my place. It ain't much, but it's going to be better there then out here till the sun rises again."

~Ozy~
January 3rd, 2005, 09:31 AM
"Thank you, kind lady" I responded, still smiling. "My familiar and I are in need of shelter." Whoever she was, she didn't seem inclined to pry,. This was good.

Flygon trainer
January 3rd, 2005, 12:00 PM
"Well then, come on" I said, moving off. I was off course, but that did not matter now, I was closer to the caverns then I had been. And, I had calmed down, and was less inclined to suddenly go crazy, which was excellent, as I could freeze large areas when angered. Not to mention icing people over...

~Ozy~
January 3rd, 2005, 12:05 PM
"Right behind you" I replied, adding an edge of false gratritude to my voice. Tapping into the telepathic link I shared with Ishalla, I admonished Keep your guard up. She may not look it, but she could be quite dangerous to our task. I don't want any surprises.

Flygon trainer
January 3rd, 2005, 12:14 PM
I don't know how much later it was that we got to the caverns, but it didn't matter to me. I headed to the back, knowing that a lot of the area had melted and dried out since the climate didn't support ice. I'd start again, but I guess I'd have to wait until the other guys had left...

~Ozy~
January 3rd, 2005, 12:20 PM
Looking around, I placed my hands on my hips and said "It'll do." Ishalla hopped off my shoulder and fluttered her way over to a small alcove in the wall. It'd been a long day for the poor bird, she was asleep in minutes. I asked of my host "I'm afraid, miss, that I don't know your name. Might I ask as to who you are?"

Flygon trainer
January 3rd, 2005, 12:50 PM
"My name is Aushi, though i advise you forget the name as soon as you leave" I said,beginning to ice over the back of the cavern. It never lowered the tempature, just added a crystaline grace to wherever I was at, and a moderate sence of comfort.

~Ozy~
January 3rd, 2005, 02:02 PM
"I'll do my best" I replied delicately, adding a "Pleased to meet you. I'm Illuvatar" about 15 seconds late.

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 3rd, 2005, 03:05 PM
Kaname put her hands on her hips, and watched as the boy looked around for a path.
"You need help, there? I know my way back to the village. I just came from there..." she said. "But I'm afraid I wont lead a stranger anyway. What exactly is your name?"

Flygon trainer
January 3rd, 2005, 05:18 PM
"Illuvatar hm? Just what is somebody like you doing way out here?" I asked, not looking at him, continuing to ice the wall. I continued along the wall, icing it as I moved

~Ozy~
January 3rd, 2005, 05:39 PM
"I'm a rogue mage by trade. A ouple years back, an Elmental mage burned my hometown to the ground. Since then, I'm been traveling around, protecting people where I can." It was close enough to the truth, and in this climate, certainly a believeable tale. I added. "I might ask the same of you, though, you don't quite have the manner of a forestwoman."

Flygon trainer
January 3rd, 2005, 08:20 PM
".... I really have no point in life, I'm just trying to survive." I said, closing my eyes, though since my face was hidden, he wouldn't see. "people seem to like trying to catch me for my ice powers. It's inconventient, especially becuase ever since last time, I havn't been able to contian my energy.."

Pogiforce-14
January 4th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Kaname put her hands on her hips, and watched as the boy looked around for a path.
"You need help, there? I know my way back to the village. I just came from there..." she said. "But I'm afraid I wont lead a stranger anyway. What exactly is your name?""My name is Garrick, and I'd rather avoid town if I can help it." I said. " I just ran away from home, and it will be easier for him to find me and drag me back home if I'm someplace civilized. I'm just needing a path so I can find my way to the moutains behind the forest.

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 4th, 2005, 10:22 AM
"Whatever." Kaname said simply. "All you need to do is provide the protection I need to get you there. Deal?"
Kaname sat herself down on a tree stump and watched Garrick curiously, waiting for his reply.
"But of course, if you do not wish for help from a girl like me, I understand", she added.

~Ozy~
January 4th, 2005, 10:23 AM
"A power overload" I asked, my face a mix between a question and shock. It was one of the few things I actually dreaded in life, not being able to contain the forces within me. I'd always taken pride in the control I had over my magic, to lose that would be unthinkable.

Flygon trainer
January 4th, 2005, 11:28 AM
"not a power overload, per se. But somebody did something to me that causes my power to leak no matter how much or how little I have. It's why wherever I go things start to freeze over. The only way to get it to stop is when it drains me completly." I siad, as my words were true, as the power drainage was already leaving me exausted.

~Ozy~
January 4th, 2005, 11:51 AM
"I see. I won't keep you awake any longer, then" I said. Pulling a spare shirt from my pack, I wadded it up behind me for a pillow and wrapped my cloak about myself for both matress and blanket.

Flygon trainer
January 4th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I moved to the back of the caverns, and lays down aginst the ice, not really caring about comfort. After all, I'd probably leave before he even woke up. I sighed lightly, and I allowed myself to drop into unconcousness, and a small part of me hoped I'd die of hypothermia somehow and never wake up...

Pogiforce-14
January 4th, 2005, 12:21 PM
"Whatever." Kaname said simply. "All you need to do is provide the protection I need to get you there. Deal?"
Kaname sat herself down on a tree stump and watched Garrick curiously, waiting for his reply.
"But of course, if you do not wish for help from a girl like me, I understand", she added.

ooc; BTW, this is going way too slow. time for it to speed up a bit.

"What?" I asked, confused. "What are you talking about?"

before I got an answer, a series of explosions were heard off in the distance. I faintly heard peoples screams and I suddenly knew what was happening. "The DMS is attacking the village!"

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 4th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Kaname quickly stood up, and looked towards the direction of the village.
"I'm going..." she said. "Are you coming with me? Oh wait...you want to stay away from there. You might want to find your own way home".

Kaname waited impatiently for Garrick to answer. The area they were in was too dangerous to stand around in.

~Ozy~
January 4th, 2005, 12:29 PM
I was asleep in minutes, it was always that way. Deep, restful sleep no matter the conditions. Soon, though, my sleep was haunted by nightmares. Fire, explosions, death, screaming. A line of bodies, facedown in the dirt, stretching for miles. A dagger planted deep in someone's heart. Who knew? I didn't, to be sure. The dreams passed and I slept on.

Pogiforce-14
January 4th, 2005, 12:31 PM
"You kidding?" I asked. "I ran away from home, remember? Just so I could fight inthis stupid war between the DMS and the POSD. Normally i would be for either side, since frankly I don't know the issue between them and frankly I don't care. But they're attacking MY town. and that makes it personally." With a scowl on my face, I ran right by her towards the direction of the screams.

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 4th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Shaking her head slightly, Kaname followed Garrick towards the village. Although the sky wasnt too visable in this forest, Kaname could still see the smoke from where the village was located. Above a storm was blowing in. If Kaname needed to fight it wouldnt be that hard. Storms were the source of Kaname's power. It was easier to use when storms were around.

Shiney
January 4th, 2005, 12:43 PM
I was already making tracks for the village. If someone needed my help, anyone, then I couldn't turn them down. I needed to do my part to save the people, and possibly a little more to make the instigators of the attack miserable...

Pogiforce-14
January 4th, 2005, 12:44 PM
It wasn't long before I was in the village, and I was horrified by what I saw.

Almost all the building were burning. bodies scattered the ground, and it seemed as if no one had survived. I knew this town was where my friends lived... I could only imagine what had happened to them, and my anger began to boil over. I seethed with hatred for the DMS. Why did they do this?! And it was then I saw why. A small group of POSD men in their standard white robes were moving slowly down the street, their hands up in the air with a protective barrier produced above them. It was then I saw the DMS sorcerers hovering in teh sky, attempting to break through the barrier. They had burned down my village just because of some stupid mages who were incapable of keeping a low profile. My anger clouded my judgement, and with a gathering of energy, I threw a desctructive ball of magic at one of teh DMS sorcerers. He barely saw it coming, but he avoided it nonetheless, and I had gotten their attention. now I was being attacked by the DMS as well.

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 4th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Kaname looked at Garrick with great sympathy. She couldnt imagine what was running through his mind at this moment. Kaname shared his anger, and without realising it she caused lightning to strike from the sky, nearly taking out a member of the DMS.

Shiney
January 4th, 2005, 12:54 PM
I had come into the village, and was attracting a lot of attention myself. Not because people thought I was a helpless old man in the midst of a battle, but because anyone who looked at me would see a young man, covered in modern body armor, carrying a silver and black staff that matched the armor, as light began to pulsate through my walking stick as I prepared my spells...

Pogiforce-14
January 4th, 2005, 01:23 PM
a few blasts were shot at me by teh DMS, clearly not liking my intrusion. I did a backflip to avoid them, which I must admit surprised me. I had no idea I had that sort of dexterity. As soon as I was upright on my feet again, I shot a barrage of blasts from my palms. since I wasn't weighted down with the slower speed of a item, I was able to launch them rather fast, and the DMS barely had time to react to put up a defensive sheild. Now seeing teh DMS on teh defensive, The POSD mages who were defendings earlier dropped their shield and helped in the assault.

Shiney
January 4th, 2005, 01:34 PM
When the DMS mages were distracted by the young boy who seemed to have extraordinary talent for his age, I struck with a simple power spell. It wasn't a blast so much as it was a pure beam of power, allowing a lot more energy to be directed at your foe. I held it back so that it would be like a physical attack, beating down relentlessly on their shield...

Pogiforce-14
January 4th, 2005, 01:41 PM
The sheild shattered, and teh Dms fell to teh ground, almost completely drained from ahving to uphold the shield. I took the opportunity and without thinking, I ran up to a DMS Sorcerer as soon as he got up and hit him staright in the jaw with my right hook. His head snapped up before he slumped to the ground.

Shiney
January 4th, 2005, 01:44 PM
As soon as the shield fell, I began charging energy through my staff, and when it was finished, I sent out a refracting beam of light around the DMS mages, temporarily, if painfully blinding them. They would recover, but until then, they'd be attacking blindly. This would give me the chance I needed to work a more complex spell...

Pogiforce-14
January 4th, 2005, 01:58 PM
I was unprepared for the mage's spell and ended up squinting through the light. I was uanble to see the DMS neaby who was fortunate enough to aim my way when he fired off a shot. I felt myself get hit hard in teh shoulder, sending my flying several feet and skidding across teh dirt. I gritted my teeth, forcing the cry of pain to be left inside of me. My shoulder felt mangled after that blast, but I wasn't about to let these guys win.

Flygon trainer
January 4th, 2005, 04:42 PM
I heard the commotion, and despite my body's complaints, I rose off the ground, and took off into the forest, ignoring the man i was forced to leave behind. This was yet another matter that only I had to get involved in. I managed to get to a ridge above the fight scene, and I saw one of the members take off, but I didn't know where...

~Ozy~
January 4th, 2005, 08:30 PM
The magical energies being flung around were what finally woke me. I started to full conciousness, quickly gaining my bearing. Ishalla was awake too, apparently ready to go. I dropped my pack, motioning for my familiar and hitting a path at a run, relying on my finely attuned magical senses to guide my feet, rather than my vision. I was there fast enough, surveying the scene and immediately deciding that in this case, assissting the PSOD would be to my advantage. Ducking behind a wall, I quickly began summoning the energy needed for one of my most powerful spells.

Pogiforce-14
January 5th, 2005, 09:30 AM
I slowly rose to my feet, not daring to assess the damage my hard hda taken from that blow. Chances are it was the ground slide that hurt it more than the blat, but still it was hurting like the fires of he!!. I only had one arm I could producce anything left. I coudl only hope it would be enough. I squated down on one knee to make myself a smaller target and began firing with my left hand.

~Ozy~
January 5th, 2005, 09:35 AM
There, it was ready. I hated giving away how much I could do so early on, but so be it. I needed to impress upon these people how comitted I was to their safety. Standing, I whirled my staff thrice around my head, then pointed it at the nearest DMS mage. A blast of silver-white lightning shot from the tip, striking the mage full in the chest, then jumping to the next mage in line. Then the next, and the next, continuing on as long as I fed the spell. Chain lightning was never a pretty thing. When I let the spell die and my vision cleared, the sky seemed to be clear. That, and the lingering smell of burnt flesh and ozone were all that said I'd ever cast that particular magic.

Flygon trainer
January 5th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Even from the relitive safety of my perch, I felt a hand clamp over my mouth, cutting off a yell. I heard a voice in my ear, male, definatly. Deep enough to match the one that had taken off. "well well. Looks like we found our little ice mage. You've been quite the thorn." As he dragged me off, I was too exausted to struggle...

Pogiforce-14
January 5th, 2005, 12:02 PM
ooc: TAD, that was a little much. How about save some for the rest of us?

ic: There were still about 7 left, and now that that mysterious flash of light had cleared, I was easy prey. I rolled behind a pile of rubble, narrowly missing being blasted to bits. I shot blasts over the wall of stone, using it as a shield to keep me relatively safe from the DMS Sorcerers.

~Ozy~
January 5th, 2005, 12:19 PM
<OOC>Fine, fine. I'm a bit used to D&D chain lightning.<OOC>

Crap I thought, seeing a few more maical blasts. I must have missed a few, or not seen them, or whatever. Never mind that now, I'd failed and I needed time to recover. That spell took a good deal out of me. I ducked behind a stone wall for cover and began a simple calming exercise to help me regain magical focus.

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 5th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Kaname ducked, avoiding a terrible blow from her enemy. He was quick, and eventually he hit her in the head, throwing her violently to the ground. All Kaname could see was blackness, until she woke seconds later. Slowly standing up, Kaname looked at the sky. The clouds were still crowding in; it was the perfect time to strike. But her enemy kept attacking.
When will this guy ever give up!?Kaname thought, trying her best to fight, ignoring the terrible pain on the side of her head. She was bleeding, and badly. He was too quick for her, and she wasnt an experienced fighter.

As each painful second past, Kaname got more and more determined to destroy this mage. One strike of lightning would do it, if only she had the chance. Then, the DMS member tripped, landing foolishly on his stomach. It was time. Time for Kaname to destroy him. With a clap of her hands, a bolt of lightning struck down, hitting her enemy. Kaname punched the air in triumph, but at that moment remembered all her wounds. She was bleeding in numerous places, and she had no time to tend to herself. At the rate she was going, who knows what would happen.

Shiney
January 5th, 2005, 04:56 PM
I had noticed the girl getting dragged off by some thugs, and looked back at the battle. It seemed that things were under control here, so I let the illusionary armor around me drop, and took off after the thugs, deciding to see where they took her before I stopped them...

Flygon trainer
January 5th, 2005, 05:07 PM
after they had taken me a good distance into the forest, they placed me next to a campfire, though they did not move away. i saw a red band of magic suddenly attatched around my right upper arm, and i heard one of them say "How's her magic leakage?"

to this, the other laughed slightly, and said "enough to the point where she's an easy catch. the band will start soaking up any magic she loses, and with the fire, the magic she loses will double instantly, and her body can't handle that loss."

Shiney
January 5th, 2005, 05:10 PM
I tensed as I listened to their words, and began chanelling magic energy through my staff, which I kept a tight grip on. I was not going to let them harm the child, and I knew just how to teach them a lesson, as refracted beams of moonlight began to take a vaguely humanoid shape...

Flygon trainer
January 5th, 2005, 05:17 PM
I could already feel my magic loss double, and it was only a matter of moments before what little energy I had been able to regain was gone. Even though by then I should have stopped the loss, the band managed to coax more energy out of me, and I started to feel extremly disoriented until i realised what was going on. The band was soaking the life energy out of me.

Shiney
January 5th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Suddenly, from the dark, a small, red beam of light, barely larger than a thread appeared, inconspicuous unless you were looking for it, as it slowly, very slowly, began searing through the band... While the light Elemental I had constructed was slowly sneaking around to the other side of the camp, the faint glow of the moonlight I made it out of allowing it more stealth than pure light...

Pogiforce-14
January 5th, 2005, 05:38 PM
meanwhile, my little stone wall was steadily losing hieght, and I knew it woudln't belong before I was dead. Perhaps Ishould have stayed home after all...

Flygon trainer
January 5th, 2005, 05:44 PM
I was slowly losing my energy, and my breathing was becoming rapid, and it was starting to feel like my heart was on fire from it's increaced beat. It was going to kill me, or it'd press my body to the point where it would kill itself..

Shiney
January 5th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Soon, the band snapped and slipped off, and as if that was the signal, my light elemental came into the camp, charging with a sound like crystal being shattered, only in a sustained note, prepared to pummel the thugs into submission...

~Ozy~
January 5th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Finally, I had it. I needed to retain as much of my magic as possible. Standing up, I wirled my staff swiftly around my body. Each pass sent a razor-sharp blad of air flying towards the DMS mages. They weren't precisely powerful, but hopefully the quantity would work as deterrent enugh to pin them down.

Flygon trainer
January 5th, 2005, 05:59 PM
i felt my energy no longer moving away from my body, and i would have wondered how, had I not been drained enough to the point where I couldnt notice my surroundings that much. I could hear the thugs saying something unrepeatable, and run, but everything was becoming dark for me..

Shiney
January 5th, 2005, 06:08 PM
I walked into the camp, and saw thaat My elemental had dispersed of the thugs without causing any casualties. "Thank you Kebeker, you may go." I said, and the elemental faded away without a sound. I turned towards the girl, and bent down next to her "Child, are you all right?" I asked, worry in my voice.

Flygon trainer
January 5th, 2005, 06:29 PM
"I'm fine" I said, trying to bring myself to my feet, only to realise i was totally wiped out, though my body was slowly recovering the energy that had been lost, but it couldn't even get started on my ice magic, and until then..

Shiney
January 5th, 2005, 06:33 PM
"No, you aren't fine. You will be, child, but not yet." I said, and picked her up. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be, I supposed that all the years of wild living had given me a few more benifits that I thought...

Flygon trainer
January 5th, 2005, 06:45 PM
my mind instantly gave a complaint to the action, but I couldn't struggle. I felt totally helpless, this was not helped by the fact that every time my body generated any magic, it was immediatly spent. a never ending cycle..

Shiney
January 5th, 2005, 06:50 PM
I was en route to my shack all ready, despite the dark, I wound my way through the forest with no trouble, having had decades to get to know the landscape like the back of my hand. Soon we were there, and I entered the small one-room place, and set her down on the bed. "Relax, nothing in the forest is stupid enough to tangle with you here." I said, my words showing youth that my body did not reflect, as I sat down on the floor, meditating.

Flygon trainer
January 5th, 2005, 06:56 PM
I was totally confused at this, but it didn't help that my mind was flickering in and out of reality, and i hardly even noticed when I was put down. The few times i was attatched to reality any thoughts i had were influenced by panic...

Shiney
January 5th, 2005, 07:02 PM
I meditated, I didn't need sleep any more, or at least, I had never tested how long I could go without it, as long as I spent at least some time in a meditative state, very similar to suspended animation. Another advantage was that it helped me regain my magical energy faster, and while my light elementals were powerful, they took massive ammounts of energy to create...

Flygon trainer
January 5th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Without being able to really control it, i felt myself pass out, and the ice magic loss immediatly stopped, allowing my body to start recharging, but even so, it wouldn't be long before I woke up, even if i still had little energy..

Pogiforce-14
January 6th, 2005, 03:24 AM
most of the sorcerers saw the air blade coming and avoided it, but two who weren't so lucky were sliced in half. I took the opportunity to fire another shot. Whether it be skill or dumb luck, I hit another square in the face and he went down as well.

~Ozy~
January 6th, 2005, 02:30 PM
The blade spell wasn't worthwhile anomore, it was becoming a bit predictable. There were only so many ways I could swing my staff, after all. I rapidly shifted to cracking off quick bolts of lightning, still in an attempt to provide cover fire for whoever had taken down that third mage.

Pogiforce-14
January 6th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Assaulted on all sides, I breathed a sigh of relief to see the remaingin DMS mages grow frustrated and beat a retreat. More than likely to report back to base. Meaning I couldn't stay here anymore. there would be no time to rebuild the town. THe DMS would be back in only stronger numbers. Running away to just the forest was no longer an option. I had to go much further than that...

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 6th, 2005, 02:41 PM
I have to continue fighting... Kaname thought, removing her hand from her forehead, ignoring the blood on her hand. Another DMS member came at her, but this time she was ready. Avoiding his attack, Kaname caused another lightning bolt to strike. It missed at first, but the next one hit.
We've almost won...Kaname thought. But what will happen then...?

~Ozy~
January 6th, 2005, 02:47 PM
My fellow DMS members were retreating. Good, that. My commanders might value their numbers above the importance of my current assignment. Just in case they decided to return, I hardened the air about my into a powerful shield. I moved away from my wall, cautiously at first, then with increasing confidence as I walked around the town, assessing damage and helping put out fires where I could be sucking the air from about them. I could be of still more assisstance tomorrow, when I could see.

Pogiforce-14
January 6th, 2005, 03:53 PM
As I sat resting, using a healing special to fix the damaged tissue of my right arm, I saw this strange man wandering about, putting out fires. I had never seen him before, and I eyed him suspiciously.

~Ozy~
January 6th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I couldn't decide whether the boy healing himself was a townsman or not, hostile or not. Nonetheless, having someone who owed you a favor was always beneficial. I walked over to him and settled back onto my haunches to bring myself down to his eye level as I asked "You all right lad?"

Pogiforce-14
January 6th, 2005, 04:10 PM
"I'm fine." I said, locking eyes with him. " I can take care of myself."

~Ozy~
January 6th, 2005, 05:14 PM
"Alright, alright" I said, laughing a bit and raising my hands in a gesture of surrender. In a more serious tone, I asked "Was this your hometown?"

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 6th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Slowly and weakly, Kaname walked over to Garrick and the stranger. Within minutes she was on her knees, holding her hand to her head. It felt like it was split open, but maybe it wasnt so drastic.
Thats what I get for not being careful enough...she thought.

Kaname removed her hand from her forehead once more, and reached into her pocket. Out she pulled a hankercheif that she carefully rested on her wound.

~Ozy~
January 6th, 2005, 05:45 PM
I looked over at the girl, or, more specifically, her skull. Wind wasn't much for actual healng, but it could set a bone or staunch bloodflow like no other. "Let me take a look at that" I whispered to the girl, turning towards her carefully.

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 6th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Kaname turned away from the stranger immediatly.
"Its alright, I'm fine. Thank you for your concern though..." she said as politely as she could. Kaname through the blood covered hankerchief to the ground, and looked around in her pockets and bag for another one.

~Ozy~
January 6th, 2005, 06:02 PM
"Honestly girl, I've seen people far stronger than you bleed to death of a skull wound" I sighed exasperatedly. I continued "Just let me get it closed up, then we can all be along our merry way."

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 6th, 2005, 06:06 PM
"At the moment I could care less if I live or die..." Kaname said, still not turning to face the man. "With this going on...just leave me be".
Running out of options, Kaname slowly pulled her bandana from her hair and rested it on her forehead. It was better then nothing.

~Ozy~
January 6th, 2005, 08:27 PM
"I do care" I snapped, no longer caring id she consented or not. Clasping my hands together, I focused my energy and created a needle and thread of air. "This might sting a bit" I added as I moved the implements towards the gash in her skull.

Pogiforce-14
January 7th, 2005, 04:11 AM
"This sorta was my hometown." I said slowly, not wanting to give away too much, as I still didn't trust this guy. " My house is on a farm not too far from here."

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 7th, 2005, 04:50 AM
"Dont you understand what "no" means?" Kaname snapped pushing his hand away. "I dont want your help. Just leave me alone!"
By now Kaname's head was pounding, and she was beginning to fill dizzy. The truth was she did need help, but Kaname was to independant to admit it.

~Ozy~
January 7th, 2005, 07:24 AM
I growled "Listen, girl, if I have to tie you down to do this, I will." Gentling my tone, I said to the boy "I'm sorry, then. I might have lent more assisstance if I had awoken sooner."

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 09:11 AM
I managed to bring myself back to awareness and several things occured to me, now that I was awake enough to notice.

I was laying on my back. an odd position for me to fall asleep in, but it didn't really mean anything.

I was not in a cavern. This was not a good thing, normally the only other times I had been in anything even resembeling a building i had nearly lost my life getting out.

There were icicles on the ceiling, indicating my power had been spending itself while I was unconcous. Not good, not good at all....

There was somebody in the room. this was NEVER a good thing.

All these observations had occured in a bit less then a second, and all led to one mental statement: Where am I, who or what is in here, how do I kill it, and how do I get out of here?

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 11:33 AM
"So you are awake. How did you sleep, Child?"I asked, still not opening my eyes or moving a muscle, short of what I needed to talk. I could see the world through it's magic after so long in meditation, and I could percieve it when she regained consciousness.

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 11:42 AM
"......" I said nothing to this, as I recognised the voice, though this didn't settle me any. I sat up, remembering the nightmare I had for the short time I was unconcous. A nightmare that forced me to relive my worst moments, and there were plenty. I noticed that my robe had come off during my fitful sleep, and i was glad I had decided to wear my sweater and slacks under it as a precaution.

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 11:50 AM
I said nothing in response. If she did not wish to talk, than it was not my place to try and make her. I contimnued my meditation, extending my horizons far beyond that of normal sight, attempting to take in every detail of the forest, perceiving as much as I could, as excersize to my meditation...

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 11:57 AM
I managed to grab my robe and slip it back on, and finally, I said "I'm in a room in an undefined area that I don't know with a guy that I met only hours earlier, while his intentions for me are unknown. If I was the excitable type, I'd be busy killing you and getting out of here"

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 12:01 PM
I opened my eyes, breaking my meditation at her words. "You're in the forest where I met you, not very far from the tree. I mean you no harm, and will gladly give you directions to anywhere you want to go." I said, then adding "I've survived a lot in my time. No offense meant to your power, Child, but I would probably survive you."

Pogiforce-14
January 7th, 2005, 12:02 PM
"I'm fine." I grumbled, stadnign up, my healing spell almost done with it's task. " I don't care anymore. I just want to get away from here. So if you'll excuse me..." I muttered in mock politeness. "I'm outta here." I turned and began limping towards the forest .Even though the actual damage was fixed, I still had the soreness to contend with.

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 12:07 PM
I paused for a few seconds, and more directed towards his claim of not intending to harm me, I said "yeah, that's what the last guy said too, before he.." I chocked, as the memory cut off any attempts I would have givin to speak. Even now, it still hurt, and the memory surfaced whenever I was around men..

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 12:09 PM
"I understand that you've gone through pain before, Child." I said, my voice still calm. "If you can not bring yourself to believe my words, then my actions must suffice." I said, I understood what going through as much pain as I felt from the girl could do to someone, I was amazed that she could trust anyone as much as she did now.

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 12:18 PM
"Words can hurt just as easily as actions." I said, shifting slightly. The memoried were overwhelming, but at least my powers wern't out of control enough to show what I was thinking, that would be the worst thing that could happen to me... Either way, the icicles caused my my already spent power had turned blood red, reflecting my pain...

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I noticed the change in the Icicles, and could only guess at their meaning. "True, but words do not heal as easily as actions, and that is my intention." I said, still sitting on the ground. I did not wish to do anything that might upset her, and I was almost subconsciously comparing her to a frightened, but wild kitten. Easily hurt, but more than able to hurt back, and would do so with little provocation.

Pogiforce-14
January 7th, 2005, 12:24 PM
I was stumbling through the trees, not knowing where I was going, no longer caring. I had to get away from it. Where the bodies of my friends lay. I knew they had struck my home on their way here. somehow I knew it. I had left home on such a sour note. I vaguely wondered if my dad found out I had left before he died. I wondered if I could have saved him. I would never know...

my foot caught a root, and I hit the ground hard. I vaguiely felt blood seeping from my nose, but I got up and kept walking. Maybe I would find the mountains if I just kept walking. I wouldn't have to worry about anything there.

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 12:42 PM
"I'm beyond healing." I said, as I slowly winded my emotions down, and the icicles resumed thier blue coloration. "There is nothing anybody can do for me anymore" I now spent most of my mind supressing emotions, and it was working, for the most part..

Pogiforce-14
January 7th, 2005, 12:46 PM
I wasn't sure how long I was wandering about, but I suddenly noticed I was at the foot of the mountains surrounded by the local cave network. I shivered in the cold and was suddenly reminded of how little sleep I had gotten last night. none, in fact. i had to find a cave nearby that I could sleep in, as I couldn't sleep out here. Hopefully I coudl find one that wasn't occupied by a bear or some other wild animal.

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 12:51 PM
"Never is quite a long time, Child. I think you may be suprised." I said, though I still didn't get up. Now was not the time to press this, I should have kept my mouth shut. I waited, hoping that she would not be upset by my words. If she continued, I decided that I'd just let the subject drop...

Pogiforce-14
January 7th, 2005, 01:17 PM
I was so tired. I had a feeling I wasn't going to make it. And sure enough, I fell on the ground just in front of a cave, unconcious or asleep, I wouldn't be able to tell till next morning.

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 7th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Kaname watched Garrick walk away. She was full of pity for him. He had lost something very dear to him. But Kaname's attention turned away when the stranger spoke to her once more.
"I've alread told you, I dont desire your help!" Kaname said, struggling to her feet. But immediatly after, she fell down to the ground once more. She cupped her head in her hands, and allowed a tear to fall.

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 01:25 PM
I decided to just disreguard that, as I slowly realised that i couldn't suppress the memories, and finally, I just let them wash over me, though I still seemed relaxed, until the icicles turned blood red. Slowly, a bluish white wisp curled around my right arm, slowly solidiflying into a ice snake. looking much like a coblra. it had it's 'fangs' sunk into my arm, trying to tear the veins..

~Ozy~
January 7th, 2005, 02:12 PM
"You do, as much as you hate to admit it" I snarled, tpping my staff. Bonds of air flew out, entangling the girl. As an afterthought, I sent one out to act as a gag. I continued "I told you I'd tie you down if need be. I meant it. Now, let's get you patched up." In absorbant bandage made of air took away the excess blood, giving me better visulal access to the wound. I quickly set to work.

Pogiforce-14
January 7th, 2005, 02:15 PM
ooc: I guess I really have nothing to say unless someone finds me and wakes me up or till the next morning. I think having him faint, or pass out, or go to sleep or whatever so early in the day was a bad idea. :(

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 7th, 2005, 02:22 PM
OCC~ I'm sure someone will decide to find ya sooner or later, Pogi. ^^

IC~ No longer caring, Kaname let the man help her. Although, she looked down the whole time, not daring to look up.

OCC~ Ick...@_@ Writers block

~Ozy~
January 7th, 2005, 02:30 PM
I was done quick enough, years at a desk job in the DMS ahd given me very nimble fingers. Tapping my staff again, I loosed the bonds and said "There, that wasn't so bad, was it now" with a smile.

Legendary_Pokegirl
January 7th, 2005, 02:37 PM
"Thanks, I guess..." Kaname said glaring at him. "But next time I suggest you mind your own business..."
Kaname didnt want to sit in the demolished village any longer, but she was stuck there until she felt strong enough to walk.

~Ozy~
January 7th, 2005, 02:47 PM
"Child..." I growled "Proctecting this area and it's inhabitants IS my business."

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 06:17 PM
I didn't move. I didn't say anything, yet a beam of light manifested itself from thin air, focusing on the ice cobra, melting it's head and fangs in moments, though fading out before it did any damage to her skin. I could see her magic usage, even if it was subconscious. That's what I got from my years of meditation...

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 06:24 PM
The fangs had already injured me, and thanks to the ice, it had tried to kill my blood vessels by freezing them, but it hadn't sucseeded. Though i was suprised how fast my magic had responded to secret, personal desires, namely my desire of suicide..

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 06:33 PM
I said nothing, continuing my meditation. I was no healing mage, but I did know a regeneration trick. I would not heal her without her permission though, it was unnethical. The problem was, if I asked, I was fairly certain she would tell me no. This was indeed a dillema.

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 06:42 PM
I knew I'd heal slowly, but as for now it hurt like none other, and my arm was becoming soaked with blood, though it wasn't visable through my robe.. I knew that my power would soon respond totally to my desire, and if that happened, I was dead.. which wouldn't be so bad..

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 06:49 PM
I decided that I would not heal her drectly, but spend a lot of energy instead on making a regenerative aura. Anything in the local area would heal from any wound, though slowly. If she asked, I could say that it was to help with a bad leg...

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I wasn't really consentrating on him at the moment, more thinking about how my energy was now acting. Wisps much like the ones that had created the cobra were coming together again, but just by the beginning and how much energy it was taking, i could tell this was going to be a big one...

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 07:00 PM
I could see the wisps gathering, though I had closed my eyes again, relying on my second sight. As long as I kept the regeneration active, i would not have to intervene unless it was something extreme...

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Finally,I watched as the wisps came together to form an enormous ice serpent. As it coiled up, I took mental note at the bands of diffrent color blue that were alternating. A light crystal blue, and a slightly darker blue. It opened it's mouth, revealing two giant fangs, a forked tounge, and a glowing blue throat, as it prepared its ice attack.

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 07:14 PM
I decided it was time to put a stop to this. If the magic was subcnoscious, it must be responding to her emotions. If she did it willingly, then it was also likely because of her emotions. I decided to try a general happiness spell, I was not to competent in mind-magic, but i thought I had enough power to make up for it. What I didn't anticipate, was that the ice serpent seemed to draw in the power, and reflect it, the ice literally working like a magic mirror. It was an unusual circumstance, I don't ever remember reading about that effect in my studies of ice-magic, but I was interupted by my train of thought, as I noticed that I was not only on top of the girl in place of the ice serpent, but was kissing her passionately...

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 07:24 PM
I was totally shocked. This.. person.. was not only on top of me, but he was kissing me as well. What I found even more disgusting was that I was kissing him back. my seperation from humans had made the potential of a love life zero, meaning that it had been a long time indeed since I had been kissed. I was stunned at the moment, and since my mind was no longer ordering anything, the serpent backed off, returning to a coiled position.

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 07:29 PM
I was so shocked by this sudden turn of events that I lost my cloaking spell, and my real, younger appearance was revealed, though I was unnable to pull away. Though whether it was the shock, or the spell, or possibly both, I couldn't tell.

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 07:32 PM
To my suprise, I was still into his kiss, not even noticing the change. Though what little of my mind that wasn't destraced was vowing to kill him, I actually found that I enjoyed this quite a bit...

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 08:01 PM
I continued kissing her, when I felt the force of my reflected spell that was causing me to do so to wear off. However, I didn't stop kissing her, as now that I was over the innitial shock, I was enjoying myself, a lot...

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 08:06 PM
finally, I returned to counsesness, and commanded the ice serpent with a simple mental order. withen moments, it had positioned himself nearby, suddenly knocking the man off me, and probably into a wall if the serpent was really trying.. It was right then that I noticed his new appearence, but I didn't really care, as my serpent coiled behind me, it's tounge flicking just outside it's mouth...

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 08:20 PM
I was flung into the wall, and fell to the floor, acting dazed. I really was in good shape, the blow hadn't done very much to me, but I needed a moment to gather my thoughts...

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 08:28 PM
"get your grubby paws on me again, and I'll..." I didn't bother finishing, as a low rumbeing was heard as the giant serpent moved, preparing to strike again. And this time, it wasn't planning for a harmless knock. It opened it's mouth, preparing to spit out shards of ice that could drive straight thorugh him..

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 08:30 PM
I sat up, undaunted. "Surely you saw that the magical energy I used to try and help backfired?" I asked. Actually, it was unlikely that she believed it, but people rarely doubted someone who could see the energies caused by magic so easily.

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 08:36 PM
"Of course. I ALSO saw when it wore off." I said, though the serpent settled a bit, as I was starting to calm down from my initial rage. The boy hadn't ment to do it.most of it at least. And it wasn't that bad, particurally now that I was seeing his uncloaked form..

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 08:42 PM
I stood up, brushing myself off and turning to face her, and maintained an air of dignity, at least, as much as I could after being thrown off by an ice serpent. "I blame the shock." I said, not admitting, not even to myself, that I had enjoyed it quite a bit...

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 08:59 PM
"suuure, whatever." I said, sitting down and leaning aginst the ice serpent, that immediatly coiled around and rested its head on my lap. I could feel its energy radiating from it, but I didn't really care. the serpent was the only thing that cared about me..

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 09:07 PM
I sat down relatively close to her, but hopefully not close enough to aggrivate the serpent of her, and stared at my reflection in the creature. It had been a lon time since I looked at this form. I had short, snow white hair, and green eyes, but the largest change was age. I no longer looked like an old geezer, but a young man, though my eyes shone with wisdom beyond my apparent age...

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 09:11 PM
The serpent lifted its head for a moment with a sound a lot like a growl, but i immediatly sent a mental message to it, soothing it, as it laied back down and I stroked the enormous monster, feeling the ice under my hands. it acted so uniquely, I sometimes forgot it wasn't real..

Shiney
January 7th, 2005, 09:18 PM
I do apologize," I said, a sincere tone in my voice. "If I could have stopped the spell, I would have. But the one thing I wasn't prepared for was that serpent sending a warped version of it back at me."

Flygon trainer
January 7th, 2005, 11:12 PM
"ice can do almost anything. In fact, if I so desired, this serpent could be attacking the other side of the world in just a few minutes" I said, deciding to accept his words. I shifted so that I was sitting next to him, partially basing my weight on him. I had hardly even noticed, as I had tired myself out from creating the serpent and jsut the events in general..

Pogiforce-14
January 8th, 2005, 01:48 PM
ooc :So what did I miss? :\

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 03:14 PM
"Yes, I suppose I should know that ice should be able to reflect magic, but light is what my magic is mostly based on." I said, ceating a perfect copy of the girl, standing about four inchest tall in my hand out of light. It was a perfect copy, and every detail, right down to the individual hairs were exactly as she was now.

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Light? Why did that word seem to be so familer.. have so much meaning... Suddenly, it was like my mind was in a diffrent world, while my body fainted, and hit the ground.. or more correctly, ended up with me laying down with my head on his lap..

"Nicole! Sally! Mina! Baralai!" I yelled, moving through a swamp-like area. I saw a responding lightning bolt, and I turned, feeing a girl in a yellow robe behind me, without a hood, revealing her sea green eyes, and short yellow hair. "Mina, where are the others?" i demanded of her.

She shrank back a moment, before responding in a small voice "The other three are not far from here, they are waiting. But we cannot find the Mage of Light."

"But with the Light mage gone..."

"Then we cannot unlock the key to the sourse of this world's magic" a male voice said from behind me. I had turned to see another in a black robe, but he had black hair. "At least we know he's alive. Me being a Dark Mage, I know that for a fact."

"yay. Our one main sourse of comfort." I responded in a huffy tone. Finally, I senced somebody else entering the group, and I instinctivly stepped away from the heat emmiting from the being. I didn't even have to look. Sally, the Fire Mage. Red robe, brownish skin, and curly red hair. Not to mention my greatest bane. And finally, Nicole. pale, with green hair and a slightly darker robe. As such, it reflected the plants that she could create and control...

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 03:48 PM
I said nothing, not moving as she fainted. I felt that this was something I should not interfere with. Her pulse and breathing were all right, so I dismissed the copy of the girl, and waited. To tell the truth, I didn't mind it...

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Suddenly, I jolted awake, alarmed for a moment, before calming down, remembering where I was. I also noticed the position I was in, but I did not bother to move. For some reason, that vision or memory I had drained most of my power..

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 04:42 PM
"Are you all right?" I asked, noticing when she came awake. For some reason, calling her child didn't seem to fit her any more. Still, i was concerned for her well being, and not many people faint for no reason like that...

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 04:47 PM
"I think so..." I said weakly, totally wiped out, enough to the point where the position I was in was actually considerably comfortable, compared to being on the floor.. But one thing that went over everything else was the mention in my vision of a light mage and a key...

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 05:22 PM
I noticed how tired she was, and easily, if gently picked her up in my arms, looking into her eyes for a moment, and walking over to the bed. "Sleep peacefully." I said, gently setting her down on the bed, and sitting down on the floor next to it, preparing to enter my meditation again...

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Normally, I would have fallen asleep immediatly, before i realised that the cold protection that came with being an ice mage was down for some reason. I shivered slightly, realising jsut how cold my skin had become, and how I didn't notice because of the protection.. now, the chill could affect me for some reason..

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 05:38 PM
I had noticed this as well, but there wasn't much I could do. Chances were, that there would be another protection of magic around her, and I couldn't light a fire in my own house. almost without thinking, I sat down on the bed, and lay down next to her, holding her gently to warm her...

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Even though normally I would have objected to such a bold move, I realised that once I warmed up slightly, I was too exausted to strike. I rested aginst him, and with a soft sigh, fell asleep, as my magic began recharging at a lightning pace..

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 06:17 PM
When she fell asleep, I felt better, knowing that she'd probably be all right. Still, as a precaution, I pulled up the covers over her. Strangely, it didn't take me long to lose consciousness either, and I didn't even notice when I shifted udner the blankets in my sleep...

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 06:51 PM
I don't know when it was I woke up, it probably was no more than an hour, but the first thing that occured to me was that I was in someone's arms. In my sleepy stupor, I did not recognise him, but the main thing I noticed was he was incredibly attractive. Before I knew what I was going, I was in the middle of kissing him, oblivious to the world.

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I awoke with a start, to find my lips locked with the girl's. I wasn't sure whether I was more suprised, or pleased. It had caught me completely offguard, in aiddition to my usual morning stupor...

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Without thinking about it, i had shifted so that I was on top of him, still kissing him. Even though by now I had figured out who he was, I was too overcome by my heart to pull myself away. besides that, I was enjoying this..

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 09:21 PM
I was shocked further by her actions, but for some reason, I didn't seem to have my wits about me. It must have been the morning stupor i always got when I first awoke. I placed my arms around her instead of pushing her back, and returned the kiss...

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Finally, after a bit, i broke from him, and even though by now I had figured out who he was and what I had done, I did not move away, instead slipping so that I was next to him again. I was still tired, even though my energy was recovered, and for some reason, it was no longer slipping from me..

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 09:32 PM
I simply lay there, stunned by her actions. It wasn't too long ago that she had tried to kill me. I finally worked up the courage to talk to her about it, and asked "Why the sudden change?" Though deep down, I really didn't mind it in the slightest...

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 09:34 PM
"I blame it on the early morning stupor. However, finding you so close to me when I just woke up, I find rather.. upsetting. I assume you like living?" I said, ice curling around one hand, as a vampiric smile appeared on my face.

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 09:39 PM
"Yes," I said, a small aura of light surrounding me, an effective shield against magic based attacks. "I'd also like to avoid a conflict, even though you're the one who kissed me. What will it take to calm you down?" I finished. I decided that it would be a better idea to try to calm her peacefully than letting her attack and see who lives through it...

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 09:44 PM
I paused for a moment, when something occured to me. I was in a perfect position to get something that wasn't exactly rare, but popular. "I beleive there is something you can do. As you probably already know, every day, they sell several magic viewers, basicly text in a sphere, lets everybody know whats going on in the world. I want one. Todays, to be more presice. I don't care how you get it." I didn't bother explaining what I wanted it for, as he'd probably be giving me some REALLY strange looks.

OOC: I'm thinking that the spheres she mentioned are the magic world's replacement for newspapers..

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 09:49 PM
"Of course, my elemental is more than able to do something like that on his own. I have gotten more than enough riches during my years, both those physical and those that are not." I said, summoning another light elemental. This one taking shape of magical light, without a natural source, but much smaller, and designed for speed, rather than combat. "But if I may ask, what would you want it for?"

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 09:56 PM
"you're male. You wouldn't get it." I said, shifting to a more relaxed position, rather pleased with myself. Sure, I only got today's edition rarely, but i still would enjoy the part that I was looking for.. Actually, even during the seclusion, there was a certain person I always contacted with, especially after that recent breakup..

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 10:02 PM
"If you say so." I said, and sat back, waiting. It wasn't too long, before the elemental returned, carrying with him the text sphere, and he looked as though he had been through a lot. It let out a series of counds that were in between chimes and coos, and I reaised my eyebrow curiously. "Really? Well, I do apreciate it Kojaner, you may go." I said, and the light elemental disipated as I handed the thing to the girl.

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 10:06 PM
"What did he say?" I asked, as the ice snake looked over, and let out a loud hiss, followed by a chiming sound. I nodded at the ice snakes comment, as it had said "he's got a light elemental? it matches the vision." as I started retreating into a corner, at least so I could be in solitude..

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 10:10 PM
"Something about a mob of some sort near the news stand." I said, before adding with a re-raised eyebrow. "The mob was apparently consisting exclusively of women, something I should know?" I asked, with a look and tone that made me seem more like an adult then teenager.

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 10:33 PM
I blushed slightly, and said "not like I'd know, I've been away from society too long." as my ice serpent immediatly snorted, then gave a short growl, saying the equivelent of "yeah, I'll bet." Once I was in a corner out of his vision, I called the ice snake over, and using the small amount of energy needed to shift what I was reading, shifted to the only section I cared to read. Sad as it sounded, it was called Love & lost, a section where a woman who called herself Aly helped others with thier relationships. Once I was at the section, I read the first letter.

Dear Aly,
I am deeply in love with this guy and he loves me too... at least I thought he did. We have been together for a while, and were happy. Then some time ago, something changed between us.

I'd like to think it was just him, but I changed too. Every time we saw each other, we'd avoid each other like the plauge and sometimes things would get verbally nasty between us.

I thought I hated him. But then he left and now I find that I miss him. I want it to be the way it was, but it can't. A lot of times, when I'm alone, I find myself thinking about him.

I miss his company, his funny way of talking. I miss sitting with him under the stars and knowing who loved me regardless of my appearence. I feel like my whole world has fallen apart. What can I do?

~With nothing but a wilted flower

I sighed slightly, feeling quite a bit of pity toward her. But my attention on the letter didn't last long, as I shifted my attention to the responce.

Dear Wilted Flower,
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. It sounds to me like you don't know wether you're coming or going with this guy. Sometimes, bad things happen which make even the best of us forget what we once had. Perhaps this is the case with your ex...

You should go back to square one and win each other's trust. You two stopped communicating. With that said, do the opposite: TALK! You need to go find him and tell him exactly how you feel.

In this case, take up a militarialistic approach. Be straight and up front If he tries to puch you back, be covert, not sneaky. Always wondering what could ahve been is far worse then any embarrespemt from rejection. To expect a male to come to you to talk about thier feelings is not real life, ladies. You have to be the strong one. Males are goofy like that. You never know what's bothering someone unless they decide to open up. Sometimes it takes a long time for scars to heal.

~aly

At this, I leaned back into my ice serpent, thinking, both about the letter, and the signature..

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 10:38 PM
I had manipulated the light in the room, literally bending it, meaning that I could see the paper as clearly as she could. I was reading along with her in the paper. To tell the truth, I didn't consider this emberassing, though I was more interested in comparing this "aly's" approach to the problems with my own...

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 11:02 PM
I felt that something was off about the light in the room, but I quickly disreguarded it as nothing, forgetting that the person on the other side of the room was a light mage. I shifted my eyes to the next letter, and the responce.

Dear Aly,
There is this guy I love who is in love with someone else. I tried to get him to notice me and I thought it worked, but then he admitted his love for this other person and she did the same back. I saw the whole thing and it broke my heart. So I decided to get over him and move on with my life. I have a new boyfriend, and I really like him, but I dont think Im in love with him, if you know what I mean.

My new boyfriend would move mountains for me, but now that the other guy is back in my life, I wonder if I still have feelings for him. Every time I see him, the butterflies fly back into my stomach and have a grand party.

Now, I find out this guy broke up with his girl. My mind wants me to break it off with my boyfriend to try and be with the other guy, but my heart tells me thats not right. I dont think I should ruin what I have now for something that may never be mine.

~Electric passion with no circuit.

I remembered when I had once had problems like that, but mine had become a lot worse.. why did I have to have HIM as a boyfriend at the time...

Dear Electric Passion
On this stage of life you can never tell what role others will play in your story. Be fair and honest with yourself and those that come into your life. Otherwise, unless you start treating them with the same respect and honesty that you expect, you may end up never being on the right track. Look at what you have now, compare it with what you had then, and take note. Its easy to confuse true love for true friendship. True love cannot be forced on anyone. It must be developed, nurtured, and givin all your attention. Your important relationships should always have the spotlight in your life. If your attention is elsewhere, what you have now may get lost in the dark.

Do not let this old crush slow down the tempo of your new relationship. A few broken wires do not cause a blackout. Give your new love a chance to grow and dont be so quick to close your doors to him. Even the best duets have to practice.

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 11:06 PM
I nodded slightly to myself, reading along with her. this "aly" as she called herself definitely seemed to know what she was doing. and while she handled some things slightly different that i would have, she was certainly wise...

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 11:25 PM
At this point, I was really starting to get uncomfortable, and the ice serpent looked over at the mage and saw what he was doing, but nearly smiled, deciding not to tell me about it.

Dear Aly,
My life is a slick, icy mess. After years of wondering if he cared about me that way or now, going back in forth between emotions, and finally getting my guardians approval to boot. I finally get this guy to share how he feels about meand make a commitment to someday be my husband. But hes so brash and reckless. He worries me. He constantly puts himself in danger. I lost him once, and that literally tore my soul apart. I never healed from that and I know, I JUST KNOW that if anything were to happen to him again I couldnt bear it. I was at my breaking point. I didnt know what to do. So I asked him to be with me. He would have to walk away from his job.

I gave him an ultanium. It was either me or his job. He wouldnt choose to I chose for him. I walked away. I know hes got n important job. I know hes got people that need, rely on, and believe in him. But so do I and I could have gotten him an even better life at the time. Am I being to selfish, or is he?
~Icing over my heart.

at this point, I nearly dropped the sphere in shock, and I just managed to read the responce, before the ice serpent had to partially coil around me to stop the flood of memories..

Dear Icing Heart,
Im sorry to say that I do not have the answers to this one. You both have good points and are valid to make the stands you have both chosen for yourselves. The most important thing is to act like adults and talk things over. Honestly, the dramatic confrontation you described may not have been fair to him. And you may have put undo pressure on the relationship. Sometimes we get so burdened by the pressures and responsibilities of everyday life that we forget how to live and have fun. Has he forgotten, or have you?

Being a strong woman doesnt mean you have to be an overbearing one. Some time apart re-evaluating your life might help you both settle down. This does not mean the relationship is done but we can never tell what the future holds. Good luck. Youll need it.

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 11:30 PM
I finished reading, and then looked at the ice snake, curled around the girl, and I understood 'Icing over my heart' I smiled at the ice serpent, and then to the girl, I said "That's pretty good advice, I'd be sure to follow it, if I were you." I was not mocking her, I was absolutely serious.

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 11:34 PM
My eyes flicked over to him, and it took a few moments for me to realise what had happened. "I don't appreaciate people reading over my shoulder." I said coldly, and to the ice serpent, I said "why didn't you tell me?" at this, I got a guilty look at the serpent moved away from me, sulking

Shiney
January 8th, 2005, 11:37 PM
"Me? I'm not reading over your shoulder, I'm reading over here on the floor." I said, indicating where I was sitting, and unnable to resist smiling. "Really, if I had wanted to know what it was that much, I could have gone and gotten my own text sphere anyway." I added, the very voice of reason.

Flygon trainer
January 8th, 2005, 11:56 PM
I shook my head, and rested aginst a wall. Normally, I wouldn't have minded that much, but with HIM of all people being able to see my old love life... Suddenly, my ice snake moved towards me, making a soft cooing sound, when suddenly, all was darkness.

"This is pathetic! all of us with elementals out and we can't find a single light mage!" Sally yelled irritably, a large flaming bird perched on her shoulder. it flapped it's wings and gave a loud cry, scattering embers from its wings. I was perched on top of my ice serpent, with our Dark mage on the ground, a midnight black wolf at his side. I hopped off my serpent, hitting the ground, moving off. I saw Mina with a yellow electric tiger next to her. It was the last thing i had ever seen, before suddenly a peice of cloth went over my mouth and nose, and the last thing I remembered was smelling chloroform...

OOC: for any people that want to be caught up, it's oficially morning, nobody's moved much, and Aushi will get flashbackphobia by the time I'm through with her

Shiney
January 9th, 2005, 10:26 AM
As soon as she fainted, I was at her side, checking her pulse and breathing. "She's all right." I muttered to myself, not thinking about the snake hearing me. "But when she wakes up, I'll give her a caffene overdose if that's what it takes to keep her awake." Though, I admitted to myself that it wasn't really bad, as I stroked her hair gently.

Flygon trainer
January 9th, 2005, 10:40 AM
A diffrent time, a diffrent place.. but where?

I looked up, and stepped back as I saw a massive sphere of magical energy. Around it were what looked like two circular containers, with only the edge there, constantly rotating around the energy. I couldn't feel anything from it, and i knew that the containers were keeping the energy from escaping. Suddenly, I looked up, as I saw a man there, on a ledge above the energy. "You're the only thing I can count on to save her." I heard him say, as the sphere glowed yellow in responce. Without thinking, I had stepped forward, telling him not to do it.

He couldn't command the energy now, I was in the way, he could see that I was refusing to move. he jumped down, and took me into his arms, and was about to tell me I was being foolish, when suddenly, I heard a voice, several of them, and I looked away from the energy to see several guards, guns at the ready..

Shiney
January 9th, 2005, 11:28 AM
I noticed that the girl's sleep became unrestful, and I gently nudged her, trying to shake her out of her fitful sleep. It had always bothered me to see others like this, and I had never really understood just why it was, but it just did...

Flygon trainer
January 9th, 2005, 11:35 AM
I looked at the man standing next to me, and my eyes said it all. Suddenly, several gunshots were heard, and i hit the ground about a foot away from the man. I remembered looking into his eyes, a tear falling from mind, and finally, I went limp.

I woke up with a start, my brain demanding what the heck had just happened. I had no answer to that, as my logic was out the window..

Shiney
January 9th, 2005, 11:49 AM
"Are you all right?" I asked. Child simply could not fit this person now that I knew her a little better. No one who goes through what she did can be called a child...

Flygon trainer
January 9th, 2005, 12:04 PM
"no, not really." I said, shivering from fear. But if I had died then, why was I alive now? and who was that guy? So many questions, but no answers. Until next time I fainted, of course...

Shiney
January 9th, 2005, 12:15 PM
"Well, is there anything I can do to help you feel better?" I asked, concerned. I knew it wasn't natural for people to faint like that, even trauma victims rarely did, but I knew that the brain could do much more subconsciously than people gave it credit for in certain situations...

Flygon trainer
January 9th, 2005, 02:22 PM
"not really. I saw what happened last time you tried to mess with my mind" I said, managing to sit up, dispelling the questions from my mind. I was still a bit dazed, but overall i was fine.

Shiney
January 9th, 2005, 02:47 PM
"True." I said, relaxing. She did seem all right now that she was awake and sitting up, but I couldn't get rid of the feeling that she hadn't told me something... Still, it was not my place to try to steal information form her. If I needed the information, the powers that be would give me a way to it.

Flygon trainer
January 9th, 2005, 02:51 PM
My ice serpent came over to me, and i realised that in the vision, i had not seen Nicole's creature. I stroked my serpent for a moment, before suddenly, an image appeared in my mind, though I did not go unconcous. It looked like a small dragon, though covered in vines, most green, though some were purple and highly toxic. as soon as the image had appeared, it was gone..

Shiney
January 9th, 2005, 03:35 PM
I looked over, and noticed that her mind seemed to be elsewhere, and asked "Are you sure you're all right?" Truthfully, I was very worried about her, I could sense something was different with my mage sight, just beyond my perception, but close enough to tell it was there.... Very infuriating.

Flygon trainer
January 9th, 2005, 03:42 PM
"I'm fine, really." So now, I was aware of all the mage's elementals, short of Light. But even then, it was possible that the mage we had been searching for was the same mage that was sitting next to me right now. It was a low chance, but a possibility nonetheless.Though as of currently, there was nothing to prove or disprove that notion..

Pogiforce-14
January 9th, 2005, 04:03 PM
I woke up slowly, my joins numb and sore from sleeping on the cold rock overnight. "Shoot, man, I'm such an idiot." I mumbled, standing up shivering. "You run away form home to get everyone killed and freezing in the woods.REal smart." I said sarcastically to myself, rubbing my arms to return feeling to them. I felt fortunate I wasn't eaten in my sleep.

Shiney
January 9th, 2005, 05:11 PM
"Then why are you under so much stress?" I asked innocently. I wasn't prying into her mind, but I could literally see the stress emenating from her with mage-sight. I honestly wanted to help her, though I wasn't sure what I could do...

Flygon trainer
January 9th, 2005, 05:15 PM
I paused for a moment, and decided that I might as well try. As was mentioned in those letters, not knowing was worse then rejection, even though this had nothing to do with realtionships. "do you have any memories of working with 5 other mages, each one belonging to a diffrent element?" I asked, tyring to make it seem like a random question.

Shiney
January 9th, 2005, 05:28 PM
I stared at the wall, thoughtfully for a moment, before saying "It does seem to be familiar, I can't be certain though. If it did happen, it was either a VERY long time ago, or I took some measures to make myself forget it." I said. Usually this sort of thing was a sign of a mind-magic spell designed to keep harmful memories from accidentally surfacing...

Flygon trainer
January 9th, 2005, 05:58 PM
"it's why I've been repetivly fainting recently. seems that the longer I'm around you, the more memories break through to me. I don't know why, but from what I gathered you suddenly dissapeared from the group and was needed for something. you had us all desperatlly searching for " I said thoughtfully. It would make sence that he'd try and block the memories.. especially if some memories of mine that hadn't been explained in detail were true..

Shiney
January 9th, 2005, 06:04 PM
"I see. Well, I've porobably blocked the memories, or had a mind-mage block them. Maybe I'll be able to remember them with time, but I doubt it." I said thoughtfully. If this was the reason I could not remember my past, it would explain a lot. Powerful light mages didn't just come from nowhere...

Flygon trainer
January 9th, 2005, 06:17 PM
"I am willing to bet a lot that you're the mage that we've been looking for." I said, relaxing slightly. So, this was the light mage. Problem was, if he left, he had left for a reason, and i couldn't figure out what. But I could faintly recall Sally's voice, saying "we NEED him. If something happens to break up our friendship, he's our only hope of stopping you from killing the rest of us.."

Shiney
January 9th, 2005, 10:44 PM
"Five elemental mages were looking for me? I'm not suprised I hid and blocked my memories then." I said, suprised. I was just your average light mage. Granted, I did have a lot of power for my age, but still, average suited most of me.

Flygon trainer
January 9th, 2005, 10:49 PM
"We arn't just elemental mages. Not when we're together. I remember our fire mage saying you were needed, if only to keep a balence between Ice, Lightning, and Fire. Then our Dark Mage said something about you being the final key. My memory past that is dim." I said, trying to keep calm. There were two main options. I knew a way to attract the other mages, but first I had to think of a way to keep this guy from taking off..

Shiney
January 9th, 2005, 10:56 PM
"final key to what?" I asked, still calm. "If I left, and blocked my own memories, I probably had a reason. I know you have some memory trouble too, but I'd apreciate anything you could tell me." I added, hoping I wasn't getting myself into something I'd regret later...

Flygon trainer
January 10th, 2005, 11:05 AM
OOC: four tries trying to post the exact same thing..

IC: Im.. not sure. I lied, looking away. My details werent conclusive, therefore- Suddenly, another memory rushed in, though I didnt faint.

get out of my way! he yelled. He was the only one not dressed in a robe matching his elemental color, and he was aiming to leave. I was in his way though, and I wasnt about to move.

no way! Rauru, if youre just going to be a brat about all this.. I responded, my voice harsh. If this guy thought he could just order me around, he was crazy

Suddenly, I felt a harsh blow to my jaw, even though it didnt really faze me, but it hurt like hell. I brought my hand to the injured location and realized with a shock that he had hit me. He looked at his hand, then at me, and even though it was blurred to me, he was saying Aushi Im sorry But by then I wasnt listening to anyone. I had bolted into the forest, tears falling from my eyes, but I could still hear him calling after me.

Shiney
January 10th, 2005, 11:53 AM
"If you're sure..." I said, still looking at her. She was probably lying. Either that, or something was making her feel guilty. You didn't need to be a mage to see that. Still, I didn't want to force information out of her, so I decided not to press the issue. At least, not at this time.

Flygon trainer
January 10th, 2005, 12:08 PM
I sighed and said "apparently, we had a very strong relationship when something, I'm not sure what, caused you to leave the team. Problem was, we had a nasty fight right before you left, or you probably would have tried to take me with you. you probably blocked your memories to forget that you hurt me"

Shiney
January 10th, 2005, 12:14 PM
"Well, that would certainly make sense." I said, deep in thought. "But were your memories blocked, or was there just an experience that traumatized your mind into blocking them?" I asked. I honestly hoped it would be the former, I didn't like the idea of any harm coming to her, and now I knew why. If there had been a relationship between us before, it would explain my feelings for her.

Flygon trainer
January 10th, 2005, 12:20 PM
"I don't know. I don't think I would be the type to block my memories, but since i am an ice mage, and ice does not exist all the time, it could be the same for my memories. The only thing i really knew before i met up with you was waking up inside a glaciar, but even that had been hazy for me" i said thoughtfully. Everything was becoming clearer now, but I didn't know why...

Shiney
January 10th, 2005, 12:24 PM
"Maybe it was trauma then, much as I don't like the thought." I said thoughtfully, a tone of regret in my voice. "If that's the case, then being around me just might have helped you come this far in regaining them." I said. It would be an interesting subject to research if I had been a mind mage. Perhaps I might branch out into some mind magic one of these days. But now, there were more important things to deal with.

Flygon trainer
January 10th, 2005, 01:02 PM
"I forget things all the time. I'd be lucky if i could remember what I did a week ago. I'm just forgetful, there's nothing to worry about." I said, as the ice snake reared up, and from it's serpentine mouth same a sound tht couldn't be heard by us, but it could by heard by the 4 elementals it was trying to call, if they were withen range...

Shiney
January 10th, 2005, 01:13 PM
"If you say so." I said, though i still couldn't keep the doubt out of my mind. I noticed that Kebeker, the elemental I kept around me at all times, but in the infared spectrum seemed to be listening to something, a frequency that must have been beyond my own hearing. i looked at the snake, and realized that she must be calling for help...